Chapter 15

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

Time seems to pass by quicker when you’re with your loved ones. I agree, because whether it is doing the hellish papers she gives me, time always seems better and quicker whenever she is together with me.

I hope it is the other way around, though. I want my time with her to be slowed down as slow as it can. Because I want to be with her longer.

In no time, we have reached our destination, which is her home. I sigh loudly and pout, not trying to hide anything. Which makes her laugh, “Why is your face like that?”

Squinting my eyes at her, “Are you asking that because you don’t know or is it because you want to taunt me? Of course it’s because I don’t want to part with you, dummy.”

She rolls her eyes, for the cool Eun Ri, maybe this problem is somewhat too exaggerated for her taste. “Oh come on, Baek. We’re going to meet again in less than 24 hours. Seriously, it’s my part to be the annoying and clingy girlfriend. Why can’t you be like other cool guy out there?”

Ouch, hurt me a little Eun Ri. I flick her forehead gently, “Then why can’t you be like other girl out there? Nah, just kidding. If you do, I won’t like you like I do right now.”

“Now you make me feel really bad for saying that joke. I’m just kidding, too, Baek. Don’t get any weird idea.” She quickly says. “And anyway, I should really go in, now. It’s cold.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” I nod my head in agreement. As much as I want to drag this pointless conversation, it’s getting really chilly outside. “Hey Eun Ri. Before you go in. Can I ask you to grant my wish?”

She blinks at me and groans, “Ah right, I still owe you. Yeah, fine by me. What is it?”

I don’t really know how to ask for it, since it’s a little embarrassing for me. I smile and lower my face to be in her level and look to the side. Nodding my cheek to her direction. After a few seconds, there is no response from her, so I look at her who is (maybe) as embarrassed as I am. Looking a little surprised with her lips slightly apart while blinking continuously. “I bet your father is waiting for you inside.” I mumble and grin at her playfully before getting back to my previous ‘waiting for the kiss’ position, tapping my cheek for an additional hint.

 

 

“I bet your father is waiting for you inside.” He says, grinning at me with the trademark playful glint from him. He leans his face closer to me again and this time, tapping his cheek. Urging me to kiss him. Well he didn’t actually tell me to kiss him. But I mean, I must be so dumb if I don’t catch this hints he is giving me.

“Don’t you dare turn your head.” I gulp and look around before puckering my lips a little and quickly press it to his cheek. I plan on running away right away because… it’s a little embarrassing to do this without any particular reason. I mean. We have kissed, but that was different, I mean, he just confessed to me so it was something to be celebrated right?

Baekhyun knows me too well, from his gesture, he looks like he anticipates me running away from the way he grabs a hold of my wrist after I lean away from him. He smiles brightly and gives me that look. That look that almost makes my knees gives up its duty to support my body. Brushing my hair out of my face ever so gently, he places both of his hand on both of my cheeks. I close my eyes as his body comes closer to me. I don’t usually like cold that much, but when his cold lips come in contact with my forehead.

I don’t dislike it.

There are times where Baekhyun is an absolute idiot and all he does is either annoys me or makes me burst out of laughter, and then there are times, where he is the sweetest ball alive in this whole entire world.

The latter is happening right now, and I, Song Eun Ri, is lost at words and acts.

“It’s cold, hmm? Go inside and take a warm bath. Text me before you sleep, okay? Good night.” He steps away and put both of his hands into his pockets.

I nod and smile at him, “Thanks for walking me home, Baek. Uhm, text me when you get home.”

Bobbing his head at my words, he nods his head towards my home, telling me to go inside. With my cheekbones practically going to explode any moment, I bite my lips and get inside.

 

 

Today is supposed to be just another day. A day where I go to school, study, tutor session, maybe a date, and then home. But here I am, in the school infirmary, temporary paralyzed with Chanyeol bandaging my leg.

Chanyeol has been completely quiet ever since we got here, which freaks me out, he is the chatterbox, it’s very rare to see him like this. Is he annoyed because instead of taking break, he has to take care of me? “Chanyeol.” I call out, “I can do it myself, you can have your lunch-“

“I’m not hungry.” He cuts off, and we’re back to the previous intense silence. After tying the bandage, he sighs and looks up at me, “What happened? If you don’t tell me, I’m going to make this a big deal, look after the culprit myself, reporting this to school, to your parents, complicated s I believe you won’t like.” He threats.

I chew on my lips, contemplating. I don’t want him or Baekhyun to know, that the girls have been silently bullying me. But the usual stuff doesn’t exactly bothers me, so I let them do whatever they want. Apparently, that might annoys them because I don’t react, look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter