Chapter 8

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

“So, how was I in the showcase?” Jong In nudges my side as he wiggles his eyebrows up and down. Of course from such expectant expression he has on his face, he’s expecting a compliment from me.

But frankly speaking, even if he doesn’t give me that expression, I will still compliment him on his performance, because as corny as it sounds, I can’t think of any flaw at all about his performance. I remember when the music started, that Jong In on stage wasn’t the goofy Jong In I know. “Surprisingly, you were really really good. It was such an enjoyable stage, I actually came without any expectation, but wow. You surprised me with your skill.”

Pumping his fist childishly, Jong In’s smile got even wider as he hears my every word, “Without any expectation?” He quoted my remarks, he tilts his head to the side as a sign of confusion, “Do I really look like someone who can’t dance?”

I nod without hesitation, I’ve seen Chanyeol dancing before, he was really awkward and really a pain to see, “Yeah, since your body is so slim, your limbs are also very long, though that you would look like a slender man dancing.”

“Well, your explanation there, somehow really matches Chanyeol when he dances.” Jong In strikes right in the bull’s-eye.

I chuckle and snort, “You’re right, in fact, I was describing him earlier.”

“Hey you two, stop having your own world and talk with us.” Baekhyun suddenly says as he leans closer to me, which no lie, makes my heart skip a beat. But only a beat, no more than that.

“Yeah if you keep having your own world like that, someone will explode with jealousy.” Se Hun quips, I don’t know to whom that statement is directed at, though I might have an idea, but it’s best not to have any weird expectation.

I keep quiet about it and wait until someone opens a topic to converse in. “Hey, I am thinking to hold a party in my house two days before our first day to school. I hope you all can come.”

I see all the boys nodding their head, coming to an agreement immediately, sorry Su Ho, but I can’t make any promise, “I don’t know if I’m able to come or not, sorry.”

“Eh? Why??”

I shrug and sip on my tea, “My dad is a little conservative, it’s hard to get a permission when he’s home.” I reason, “Does it involve liquor? I’ll try to get permission.”

“Yeah, but there’s juice if you don’t want to drink alcohol.” Su Ho explains, probably know that I don’t want to put myself on a drunk state, not even a little, not even tipsy. No just no.

I nod, “Okay.”

Well, from knowing that, I think I know what my father answer would be.

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s such a shame that Eun Ri can’t make it today.” Su Ho shook his head as he sipped a little from his glass of wine, today was the party Su Ho talked about. Eun Ri was forbidden to down any kind of alcohol until she was legal. And she would be legal for a several months, but she didn’t want to give her father a heart attack. So she would be obedient for that.

A nod of agreement echoed through the table that of course, consisted of Chanyeol, Kai, Se Hun, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun. If a nod could express how disappointed Baekhyun was, he could nods until his head was dislocated. Well, they communicate through phone almost every day, but that wasn’t enough for him.

He wanted her real, right there, right beside him, right at that moment, but of course he couldn’t be selfish and told her that, since he wasn’t someone special to her. That would be so annoying if some random friend is telling you what to do, isn’t it? That was the risk Baekhyun was afraid of. So he better shut up.

“But it’s good that she doesn’t come, though, honestly.” Kyungsoo answered, “She will be the target of Chan Ho for sure.” He said as his eyes quickly gaze towards his gang that stood right across their table.

Oh right. Baekhyun thought and suppress a sigh of relief. Chan Ho was probably the biggest jerk out of the guys in the school. He liked to play with girls, took their ity and dumped them afterwards, he wasn’t afraid to even assault his girlfriend on public. And that happened so many times in school. Of course the girls were very stupid to fall for him even if they knew about his bad habits. But yeah, it was quite hard to resist, since his looks were quite comparable to even Baekhyun and his friends.

“You’re right. That Chan Jerk’s must be pulsing out after seeing Eun Ri. She’s such a hottie now.”

With such vulgar statement involving Eun Ri was thrown recklessly, Baekhyun quickly glared at the person who dare to talk about Eun Ri that way, of course that insensitive remarked could be only thrown from the Mr. Insensitive himself, Oh Se Hun.

Kai guffawed at Se Hun’s expression, “Man, I told you to be careful with your words, didn’t I? Don’t pee on your pants, that’d be totally disgusting!”

“Yeah, our Baekhyun is finally in love, and as you can see, he’s totally whipped!” Chanyeol grinned widely, his eyes glinting with taunting aura.

Grumbling because he was embarrassed, Baekhyun downed a glass of beer and mumbled. “Just shut up.”

 

 

 

 

“Eun Ri, the guys told you to make LINE account.” Baekhyun said as he replied his LINE messages on the computer.

“For?” Eun Ri asked, she wasn’t really into technology or whatsoever, just like she said, she didn’t really fancy texting or chatting since it was a bothersome for her. That was why, probably she was the only one in her school who didn’t have a LINE account. But surprise, surprise, she didn’t care.

“We want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter