10 Days

S.M. Youth Star Audition - The Trainee Stage

10 Days till Audition Day

I've finally decided to take this chance...and with 10 days remaining. I can't sleep. There's so many things to think about...how to get there, what song to sing, which part to sing, in what language, if I have enough time for all of this..So I'm searching all over for info about other peoples audition experience. Tips range from what to sing to how loud to sing to what to wear...but I can't help but think that if these tips are missing something. Most of them claim to be good tips, but if they really were good..would they be publicly posted online to share with the world? Like a magician who never reveals the secret to his tricks, some things are left unsaid.

It's going to be my first audition experience, but it won't be my first time performing - maybe that's why I feel stressed. I first stood on a stage when I was 9, and I've loved it ever since. I love creating music with everyone - be it singing in choir or performing in band. I love the intricacies that a group of musicians can bring to a performance. That is one of the reasons why I am chasing my dream.

15 minutes of fame. They say that everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame in bits and pieces throughout their lives. If I were to count up all of my bits and pieces..well then..I've probably used it all up. Though this is not a reason for me to chase my dream. Recognition is what is desired, not fame. But for some, they chase their dream because the 15 minutes just isn't enough.

On another note, just like everyone else - I, too, would like to live off doing something that I love. I wouldn't want to regret my career choice 30 years down the track. I want to have some fun in this boring life.