Platinum Blonde Boy

54, 14, 1: 54 Tributes, 14 Districts, 1 Deadly Arena

Another chappie :) still kinda sad witht the lack of anything on this story but I love my story and won't abndon it. (I jsut hope there are silent readers out there....) soon we get into the training ans interviews and tempers flare and allies are formned. Also Donghae and Seohae get a little bit closer ;> stay tuned to this broadcasting station

 

Eunhyuk POV:
   They insisted on all of the districts here (One, two, three, four, six, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve and fourteen are here while five, seven and thirteen will arrive at any moment) should go down into the dining hall and “mingle” which really means size each other up and see who will die first, who to be allies with and who is the biggest threat. I opted to stand in a corner as far away from the people I will have to kill as possible. They all hovered around the room, making small talk with each other; I wanted absolutely no part of it.
"Hi!" One girl jumped in my face. "I'm Jessica," she purred.
        I stayed silent.
"What district are you from?" she asked, letting my silence roll off her shoulder. "A strong looking boy like you should be social." she traced circles on my stomach and chest before I stepped out of her reach.
"I'm trying to be nice." she moved further into my personal space.
        I grabbed a tuff of her hair and yanked her away.
"So was I."
"Humph." she stalked off towards the bathrooms.
        Geez is it so hard to go unnoticed? I went back to people watching and noticed a boy looking around the room. Was he looking for someone? The fish faced boy went over to a small girl; probably only sixteen, who had been talking to Chen from my district and a boy from ten. I think his name was Kris. The boy pulled the girl to the side and whispered something to her. She shook her head and went back to the two boys. The fish continued to swim around the room until his eyes fell on what he was looking for. A girl wearing a pink dress with a small stain on the front came walking out with a tuxedo jacket draped around her arm. The boy weaved through the crowd over to where she was and soon they were both hovering in a corner, talking quietly. She tried to give him the jacket; which I suspected was his to begin with, but he shook his head and draped it around her shoulders. Her face was tinged pink as he left to go get something; probably drinks. She played with the silver cuff links until a boy; I think he was from eight, came up to the girl.

Seohae POV:
        Donghae had left to go get us some drinks and to find Soohyun, leaving me alone in this room of strangers and soon to be killers. I looked around the room for a few seconds. Some tributes were talked amongst each other while others were doing what I was doing and keeping to ourselves. My eyes flashed over to a blonde boy in a corner of the room until a boy stepped in front of my face; shielding my eyes from the blonde.
"Hello I would like to formally introduce myself, my name is Huang Zitao. You can call me Tao however." a boy with jet black hair and eyes to match said in front of me, interrupting my thoughts.
"Hi," I said politely. "I'm-"
"Jung Seohae." he said. "I saw your district come in" he smiled.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah, is Jung Gracie your sister like the announcer said?" Tao said trying to make casual conversations.
"Yeah..." after being for months on end I am a little cautious of people.
"Well that . Two of the tributes from my district are a couple." he pointed over to a boy and girl cuddling in a corner with grief filled expressions.
"That's so sad," my heart instantly filled with pain and empathy. They both knew that there were going to die but at least they could die together.
"Yeah it is, all they've done is cry since they found out." the girl looked at her lover with tear filled eyes and he wrapped his arms around her, as if to show that he will do anything he can to protect her even though it is useless. We have fought against the president before and won, only to be taken over again. This time it was absolutely futile to try anything.
"I try to stay strong for Gracie." I looked over at her talking with two boys. At least one of us is having fun.
"She seems to like those two." he chuckled a bit, his voice like fire melting ice.
"Yeah, it's good she's making friends."
"Friends or allies?" Tao said and leaned into me a little. I recoiled.
"Wh-what are you doing...?" he leaned closer to my ear and whispered,
"Trying to make an ally." his breath at my ear lobe.
"Stop Tao." I pushed on his chest a bit but he didn't move. What did I look like to the world? A toy?
"Uhem." Someone cleared his throat and Tao moved away from me. "I don't think the lady appreciates your tongue in her ear." the boy with the platinum blonde hair said. He pushed Tao away from me and put me behind him.
"And you think she appreciates you saving her?" Tao tried to save his small pride.
"At least I'm not trying to make her squirm under my touch." the blonde smirked.
        Tao stalked off after that and I relaxed.
"Thank you umm,"
"Eunhyuk." he said gruffly.
"Thank you Eunhyuk." the blonde did nothing but scowl.
"Seohae!" Donghae said coming over to us, carrying two drinks.
"Hey," I said and took the drink he held out for me.
"Hi," Donghae said to Eunhyuk, the latter only flicked his eyes at Donghae and kept his scowl.
"Donghae this is Eunhyuk," I introduced him since he obviously wasn't going to do it himself.
"And this boy must be Donghae." Eunhyuk said.
"Uh yeah I am," he shifted under the blonde's gaze.
"Um thank you again Eunhyuk," I said trying to lighten the mood.
"No problem." he replied bluntly.
"What happened?" Donghae asked.
“Well-“I started but Eunhyuk interrupted me.
"While you were gone getting drinks your girlfriend got her ear ually aroused."
"Yah! It didn't happen like that! He leaned into me that’s all." this blonde was arrogant and uncaring! Note to self: in the games stay away from Eunhyuk.
"O-oh..." Donghae said awkwardly.
        Eunhyuk used that as an excuse to take his leave then and walked out of the dining hall.
"What's with him?" Donghae asked when he was out of ear shot.
"I don't know. Did you ever find Soohyun?" I changed the subject.
"Oh yeah! He said that tomorrow we’ll have a group training session and then the next day we train with our trainers one-on-one. Then that following night we have interviews and the next day after those we go into the games." his said, his voice slightly faltering when he said games.

“The games,” I echoed,