Bows, arrows and spears oh my!

54, 14, 1: 54 Tributes, 14 Districts, 1 Deadly Arena

I haven't update in a while and I'm sorry ;w; school is stupid hard and I was swaped in homework all the time -.- but just in case people were asking questions in there heads like "What if she kills my bias....?" the answer is probably yes sadly, but I have a plan, trust me. I'm hurting my biases to *bawls eyes out* hopefully I'll be a good person and write more if I don't get distracted by Super Junior....or Exo....or Shinee......so! y chappie down below OTL maybe the next will be long and good.....maybe.....hopefully.......stupid me *slaps hands* tsk tsk me...great I'm talking to myself now....

 

No POV: 

The training room was filled with all fifty-six tributes and doubled that in trainers. All trainers were instructed to teach the tribute what they were assigned to teach; they were assigned various skills they will need in the game such as hunting, hand-to-hand combat, camouflage, weaponry or simpler stuff like knot tying 101. The more head strong and confident tributes focused on showing off their skills by throwing around spears and knives; because if we gave them guns it would defeat the purpose of us having the games. But the shyer thinkers in the batch would focus on their weak points and try to find allies. The training room is a good way to size up the competition. We last saw our heroine Seohae at a party to meet all the tributes but she is now being thrown over her trainer's shoulder and sprawling out on her back on the safety mats; wouldn't want to harm our tributes before they got to the games now would we? Well let's not focus on her and move to the other tributes. We can already see alliances forming in some places of the room...

 

Jessica POV: 

"More focus!!" my trainer yelled as I let yet another arrow fly past the target and hit the far wall.

"Oppa~ please don't be angry." I batted my eyelashes and gave my best "give me one more shot ne?" face. He gave in again. 

"One more arrow. That's it." He huffed and handed one to me.

I brought the arrow to the bow, pulled it back to my cheek, lined it up with the center of the target, in a deep breath and let it fly. Only for it to hit the far wall...again. My trainer gave a frustrated growl and looked as if he was going to start pulling out his white hair at its roots any second. Here comes a scolding. He opened his mouth wide like a whale and in air through his flared nostrils but was cut off by a y tribute walking up.

"How about you try showing her how instead of yelling at her Sunbaenim." a boy said as he walked up...no strutted up. His jet black hair styled perfectly on his head and his slightly muscular build showing in his sleeveless shirt. The trainer huffed something about “How about you show her then,” and stormed off.

"Here you’re holding the bow wrong for starters," he chuckled as he wrapped his hand around mine that was at the base of the bow and slid it up slightly. "There, now hold it like this." he then grabbed my other hand and pulled back the unloaded bow string so it rested just bellow my eye, his arms were wrapped around my shoulders and his front pressed against my back during this process. Is this room getting hot or is that just me?

"Now all you need is an arrow." he smiled and reached down to get one before repositioning me.

"Now," he said in my ear, "look at the target and aim slightly higher than it." his breath tickled my ear as he spoke.

"Then what?" I asked him and turned slightly to look into his eyes, his beautiful

"You let go," he giggled and made me focus again.

With his hands on mine I aimed and let go of the string. The arrow flew as if it were in slow motion and hit the target, not the center but it didn't hit the wall at least.

"See you could do it you just needed someone to show you." 

"Thank you," I bowed slightly and finally got a look at his features. He had dark, black hair and eyes just as dark but a very tan complexion.

"What's your name?" he asked me and grabbed his own bow and arrow.

"Jung Jessica from One." I said and watched his arm muscles tighten when he pulled back the arrow.

"So your one of the two sets of sisters in this game right?" he asked and easily hit the center of the target without even thinking about it.

"Yeah my little sister is Jung Krystal." I snorted.

My sister. Let's not get started with her. Not as pretty as me, not as smart, not as talented and defiantly not going to win these games. That will be me. My parents told me to look after my baby sister in the games but I'm focused on one thing and one thing only. Winning and getting back home, but so is everyone else in these games so I need strong allies.

"Well what about you, what's your name handsome?" I flirted.

"Kim Jongin from Six but most call me Kai for short, you can call me anything you want though~." he replied and loaded another arrow.

"Hmm I’ll have to think about what to call you," he then let the arrow fly and split the other arrow down the middle.

"I'll call you Sica for short," he laughed and loaded yet another arrow.

"You wouldn't expect a guy from Six to have such good aim," I mused as he yet again split the previous arrow shot in the center ring. 

"My job in the transportation center is to throw luggage onto the trains for people. I soon made it a game and put targets on the floor and tried to throw them in the targets and have them stack neatly on top of each other. Then that got two easy so I set up a target on a tree and carved out arrow heads that I threw at the tree. It's the same concept but with a bow and I use and arrow instead of an arrow head." he shrugged and loaded yet another arrow.

"Oh yeah? So your clever to, you might just win the games." I said which made him faultier a little in his aim, he still hit the other arrow and cut it in half but it was a lot less clean than the others.

"Have you seen some of the other people competing?" he finally set the bow down and ushered for us to go lean on a wall and talk.

"Let's see that guy over there," he pointed to a boy maybe around twenty-one lifting weights. "That's Choi Siwon from Two."

"Ah Masonry, that's how he's so strong." you could practically see his muscles waiting to bust out of his shirt.

"And that guy with the fuzzy, curly hair over by the herbs trainer is Park Chanyeol from Five. He's really good with poisons and electricity. Ummm that boy over there; the tall one standing next to that short one." he pointed out. "The tall one is Kris and the short one is Kim Jongdae or "Chen" as he calls himself. Kris is from Ten and Chen is from Three. They both formed an alliance early on." he explained.

"And who is that?" I pointed at the young girl who just skipped up to Kris and Chen.

"Her?" he asked and I nodded. "She's the younger sister of the sisters from Four. Jung Grace I think her name was." he scratched his head and handed me a bottle of water.

"Kamsahamnida." I took it and bowed my head slightly. 

"We should be allies don't you think?" he asked and draped his arm around my shoulder.

"We should?" I asked, I mean don't ge me wrong I wouldn't mind being an ally with this hot piece of man but I never actually thought of allies and who I should pick. 

"Yeah why not? I have good aim and you don't!" I laughed.

"Yah! Just because I'm not good with a bow and arrow doesn't mean I'm bad at everything." I defended.

"Then what are you good at?" I asked.

"Go get me a spear." I told him. He looked surprised but walked over and got a spear.

"Watch and learn." I sutured up in front of the target and focused. I brought the long spear back over my head and took a breath, only letting it out when I let the spear go. Naturally it hit the center ring in the target.

"Told you~." I swung my hips back over to where he sat and plopped back down next to him.

"Ok maybe you won't be so useless." he smirked.

"Plus I looked hot with that spear didn't I?" I teased.

"And your saying I didn't look hot with the bow and arrow?" he teased back.

"Touché." I said and laughed.