Party part 1

54, 14, 1: 54 Tributes, 14 Districts, 1 Deadly Arena

Haaiiii well two words. School . Soon enough this story will get fun and people wil start dying...if thats fun I guess...........I guess I have a sick mind and like killing my biases -.-

 

Seohae POV: 

"I could really kill that Eunbi for leaving all these bruises on you. They schedule a party the night after training sessions and they give you this style dress!?!" Ren shouted at the black, slim fitted dress lying across my bed. 

"What did she do throw you on the ground?" he went on with his rant.

"Multiple times..." I quietly added and he grunted.

"How am I supposed to cover up these?" he pointed to my black and blue covered arms. All the markings matched Eunbi's hand prints from grabbing me roughly and throwing me over her shoulder. 

"I can try to cover it up with concealer I guess." he pulled the slightly dark tinted shade of makeup from the drawer and dabbed his fingers in it. "This may hurt a little." he warned.

"Ouch!!"Even though Ren's fingers were feather like it still sent stabs of pain up my arm.

"I told you. Plus this isn't just any party." his eyes were focused on my skin as he tried to make it as painless as possible. 

"What do you mean? We already had a party." I grunted. He dabbed more on my arm and I finally swatted at his hands.

"That was more of a breaking the ice kind of thing for the tributes." he smacked the top of my head and told me to sit still. "This is for the games men to see what kind of tributes they have this year. It's kind of like a kid getting a new toy. You are their new toys and they want to see how far you bend before you break." 

I turned around to face the mirror and inspect my arms. Thanks to Ren you wouldn't even be able to tell I went through a training today. 

"What am I supposed to expect from these games men?" I asked as Ren picked up my dress.

"They'll just go around asking questions to different tributes and just getting a feel for your personality. But remember. Don't even go against what they say, always agree with them." Ren's normally soft facile expressions turned hard when he said that. "They are not afraid to manipulate the games out of your favor. If you want to stay alive then you best be on your top behavior."

I stepped into the skin tight dress and brought my hair forward so Ren could zip up the golden zipper. 

"There now we just need your hair done and to add a little blush and you will be perfect!" he squealed happily and grabbed a brush.

"Like a pig getting fattened up for slaughter." I mumbled. “I’m only getting pretty to be killed.”

"Well there’s no denying that part sweetie but just think, if you impress the games men tonight you may become a person of interest to them."

"Or just screw up the chances for me or my sister to get out of this alive."

"Hey, I did a lot of work to make you pretty now it would finish it if you smiled." Ren pouted and turned me around in to face the mirror. "Smile!" he picked up the corners of my mouth. I gave in and did my best "I'm about to be put up in a slave auction and I have to be happy about it!" smile followed him out the door. 

"Remember never lose that smile and don't forget to mingle with other tributes, not just the ones from your district. This is also a perfect time for you to make allies. Oh! One more thing!" he pulled out a small gold slip that read,

                                                                                                                      Jung Seohae

                                                                                                                                4

“So the game’s men know who you are and where you are from.” He explained. “Watch these carefully when you are walking around to try to get a better feel for your other competitors.”

“Ren you have reminded me a hundred times, play nice with the other tributes because they will be trying to kill you soon enough.” I replied sarcastically. 

“I just don’t want to see you go,” he pouted. “You’re one of the only nice people in this forsaken district.”

“Look at it from my angle, at least you will be living next month.”

“You still have a chance, don’t count yourself out.” He pated my shoulder.

“Too late.” I said and grabbed the brass door handle.

            I was hit with the sound of chattering people when I opened the doors.

“The tributes are to wait over at that table, your names are placed around it so find yours and go sit down please.” A girl waiting just inside the door said with a forced smile. She pointed out said table and I went around it to find my name next to a Byun Baekhyun and Lu Han. There was already a girl sitting across from me and two boys. I searched around for anyone familiar but saw none. Gracie, Donghae and Suho must still be getting ready.

“Hi!” the girl across from me said happily. “I’m Raina from ten!”

“Seohae,” I said with a small nod.

“This is Lay and Heechul!” she pointed to the two boys on each of her sides. Lay gave a small smile and a wave while Heechul just glared at everyone in this room.

“We haven’t been able to get Heechul to talk yet but we are working on it aren’t we?” she leaned on his shoulder and looked up at him but he just pushed her away.

“You’re from four right?” Lay asked timidly, his bangs falling over his eyes.

“And you have a little sister right? Grace isn’t it?” Raina jumped back into the conversation with ease.

“Yeah my little sister is the other female tribute.” I feel like a broken record always repeating that my sister is also in the games with me.

“It’s funny how two sets of sisters are in the games at the same time.” Heechul mumbled.

“How’s it funny that two families are going to lost two children at the same time Heechul?” I asked darkly.

“Well in theory one of you could make it home but if I had to place bets I would safely say that Jung Jessica will make it back to her family.”

“And what makes you so confident in that?” I huffed.

“Because she isn’t blinded by sisterly love and would easily kill her younger sister if it meant she would win.” And with that he excused himself.

            We watched as the girl who directed us tried to get him to sit back down at the table but he pushed past her with ease and left.

“He’s not all that cheerful.” Raina grumbled.

            Soon all the tributes filled in the long table except for Heechul and we could begin. Waiters and Waitresses passed out dish after dish to us. There was fish from district four, beef and other meats from ten, fresh fruit from the orchards in eleven and many more delicacies.

“Here try this beef, it’s from my district!” Raina said as she shoved a fork full of food into my mouth. “It’s good right?” I nodded and tried to cover my full mouth.

“How much food did she think my mouth could handle?” I thought.

“Here,” the boy on my right handed me a class of water, Luhan I think his name was.

            I took it and gulped down the food to an oblivious Raina who was now trying to feed Lay and Baekhyun.

“Next she’ll be trying to chock me with her food.” Luhan laughed.

“Yeah you best be careful she may try and kill you before the games even start.” Baekhyun grunted creating an awkward mood.

“Why do we have to talk about the games now?” Raina pouted. “It’s depressing enough.”

“But it’s the truth.” He ended and took a bite of broccoli.

“Attention everyone!” A man over at the head table stud up and shouted, we all fell silent due to his serious tone.

“Thank you,” he lowered his voice. “Welcome tributes to District Fourteen. I am head games men Kim Dongin and I must say we have a very good group this year.” He smiled down at us from his raised platform. “We shall now like to invite you all to get up from your seats and mingle around with other tributes or District Fourteen directors. Have fun.” He soon made his way down to the head of our table.

“Seohae!!" a voice called behind me and someone threw themselves into my arms.

"Gracie!" I laughed.

"I missed you, I didn't get to sit by you." she pouted.

"Well it couldn't have been that bad." out of fifty two people there had to be at least a few nice ones.

"I sat by Donghae Oppa and a few other boys." 

"Excuse me, Jung Grace and Jung Seohae." Dongin  interrupted our conversation but we immediately stopped talking and focused our attention on him.

"May I speak with you two privately?"