Just Breathe

Eternal Love

Looking himself in the mirror, Kris couldn't believe to his eyes, touching his face here and there. As I was watching him from behind I ask  "Until when is your mission is going to be?" he turned to me and slowly looked down at floor. "God given me ten days to accomplish it" he answered "Two weeks." "Wow, two weeks of protection? That's quite weird, thought it'll be long but I guess I'm gonna be in a big trouble within it and what happends after two weeks?" "Still it depends if I succeed or not." he replied "What do you mean?" the sound of the front door distracted you, it must be Ysa "O.k. two weeks but you cannot stay here!" I told him."Why?"  "Anne?" she called out. "That...Please stay here and don't make a sound." I whispered. I still have to worry of figuring out in how to tell to Ysa about him and where to put him. Before I go out, Hi..." I greeted her at as she put her stuff down. "Where have you been? Are you running away from our bet because you know that you will lose?" she mocked me. "No, it's just really an emergency." "Really? and what kind? is the old hag making you work over time?" "No, of course not. Uhm...." I exhaled "What?" she ask looking serious. "Not.... nothing! You must be very tired. Go and take a rest!" I got so scared to tell her about my guardian, that she might think that I'm mentally cracked if she discovers Kris' true nature. "Did you had your dinner?" she ask."No, not yet" knowing that telling her the truth will makes us have another arguement but I felt that my stomach is starting to grumble,"Okay. I'll go prepare something for you." she said "No!, I'm fine- " "No!, you go back to your room and get some rest. I'll call you when it's done." she insisted, sometimes she acts like a mother than a sister to me and this makes me miss my own Mama.

When, I returned back to my room I caught Kris star gazing at the window. I steped beside him and trace where he was looking up "What it's like...." I abruptly asked as he look down at me "....being up there?" "Peaceful." He quietly answered "There must be full of Love, too. Do angels fall in love too?" this made him even more attentive like there are thoughts in his head that he wanted to say but couldn't seem to put it in words. "Yes..." he manage to answer again. "Do you?" I added. there's a full of adoration in his eyes but there's something holding him back. I immediately changed the topic cause I can sense that my interogation making him uncomfortable, "Did God gave you this mission to protect me?" he did said anything "It must be. You seems like you really miss living there. You can go back if want tell him that I don't need your protection." bewildered by my statement he drop down to the chair behind him. "What's wro-" shocked with his sudden reaction "You don't want me to protect you?" he ask. "Well, not that I just don't want to be somebody's burden. That's all." I explained but I'm starting to get panic.He's kind of overreacting about this and this pisses me off "You this of yourself as a burden?" now, looking up at me with furrowed brows "No-" "Why can you appreciate those people who cared about you." confusion is growing in his husky voice."Shhhh....Ysa might hear us!" I warned him because I'm well aware that she's just outside. "Anne! Dinner's ready!" she shouted out. Saved by the bell, relief that she saved me with a sudden drama. Gosh! never knew that angels can be overly dramatic "Al...alright we'll talk later just  stay here." turning back, he's eyes are still down on the floor and looking very dreadful. God, I must've hurt his feelings. Hope he could recover later.

Next morning I woke up seeing the sun shinning brightly out my window. Last night? What just happend last night? Kris? Where is he? We didn't able to talk when I came back from late night dinner because he was already fast asleep. He probably tired from zooming down or I must just be dreaming, everything was just a dream. There's no falling star, there's no such thing as anime-like boy Kris and there's no such thing as my guardian angel. no angel... faliing from heaven? I walk closer to my window and looked up in the sky. A white figure who is standing on the edge of rooftop building that is right in front our apartment caught my attention. My eyes were about to pop out when I realized that it was Kris. I ran out of my room wearing only my PJs and ignoring my cousin who is preparing for the breakfast, this time. "Good mor-" she said as I dashed out our apartment. My heart feels like it is about to explode. 'What is he doing up there? Is this because of last night? Did I really hurt his feeling? God, I don't wanna kill anyone'. I prayed with myself 'I don't wanna go to jail!' I pressed the elevator button for hundred times thinking it will make it fast. I got sick of waiting so I quickly seek for the emergency stairs, I breathe like a horse but instead of feeling exhausted all I can do is to think of him. 'Please don't jump, please don't jump!' I mentally talked to him as I reached the forth floor I saw an elevator opened and a couple of people came out. I quickly ran into it and summoning to go up. Still trying to make myself calm as I stuck looking at the numbers as it increase. Finally it opened, I promptly pace out and searched for the stairs going to the rooftop. As I push the doors out, I shout "Stop!" my anxiety subsided a little when I found him still standing on the edge. I cautiously walk close to him. But rather looking distress, I saw a peacefulness on his face.

His eyes were closed and was like he's trying to feel the blowing wind against his skin. "Kris, please don't jump." I begged. As he heard my voice he turned, took side glace at me and then back again to the horizon.

It frustrates me that I don't know for what is really running on his mind, I surrendered " I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." but he seem to be not listening. "Kris!" I cried "Fine, I...I will let you stay. I will let you to protect me........ for ten days." I'm trying to hold my tears back as I choked. For first time he cut his silence and ask "For ten day?" he slowly turned around but then, "Ten days"  I breathlessly assured him. As soon as he saw my face his expression changed. He looked terribly shocked and speedily walk to me, though I don't why he reacted that why maybe because I looked dreadful. Reaching out his hands and gently grabbed my shivering cheeks. "I'm sorry!" he quietly said and hugged me. Suprised by his action, still I resist myself of denying him again because I'm way too scared that he will do the unthinkable and I just exhaled to my relief. This is closest distance I got from him since we've met last night and indeed his height is so far from mine. Towering over me I only can reached up only to his chest level but even so I can hear his heart that is strangely beating fast. Slightly, breaking from his embrace and look up to him. Intimidated he look down at me and swallowed. "Are you okay?" I utter and he nodded. "Please, don't think of yourself as a burden, cause you don't know how important you are for someone. So, do not waste it."  He whispers over my head and realized that there's no air coming out from his nostrils. I observed him for a little longer and said. "Just Breathe."