Training

Undercover

Traini​ng

"YOU!!" They both shouted and pointed fingers towards each other.

"Oh. I see you have met," JYP said, "Min this is Kikwang. Kikwang this is Min. You two will be partners from now on.. Fighting!" JYP said with a bright smile directing towards the two. Min and Kikwang exchanged death glares quietly.

 

Lee Joon was a bit surprised at Min’s reaction to Kikwang and Kikwang’s reaction to Min. ‘How do they know each other? Min has never met Kikwang and I never heard Kikwang mention having a girlfriend in America before…’ Lee Joon paused, ‘Unless they dated way before Kikwang joined the company… Could they be lovers?’ Lee Joon thought.

He looked towards the still glaring couple that seemed to be firing invisible fire balls at each other through their eyes and thought again. ‘Then again, they don’t look like they even love each other…’ He took another glance at Min and Kikwang. ‘They don’t even look like they like each other’s presence.

Kikwang turned away from Min and walked up to JYP’s desk. “Boss, I can’t work with her. She’s mean, rude, ugly, fat, and..”, he came closer to JYP and whispered, “I think she has turrets.”

“Hey! I heard that!” Min yelled and walked up to JYP’s desk also. “Appa, I can’t work with him either. We’re not compatible.” She said and folded her arms.

“Appa…?” Lee Joon and Kikwang blurted out and stared surprisingly at Min. They didn’t know that JYP had a daughter, he didn’t even have a wife.

“Ahh, yea, Min is my adopted daughter. We are not biological related, but I treat her like she is my own daughter.” JYP said smiling.

“She’s the complete opposite of you, boss. She’s unloving and crude.” Kikwang said chuckling. JYP laughed.

Min shot a glare at Kikwang, but Kikwang ignored it.

“I disagree. Min is very nice and loving. Not to mention she is also cute.” Lee Joon said taking a step forward and winked at Min. Min blushed. Kikwang rolled his eyes at Lee Joon’s comment.

“You are very much right, Lee Joon. I chose you two to be together because you are both good spies in our company and I thought you could mix well together, well in the future.” JYP said and smiled, knowing that the 3 do not know what he meant by “mix well together in the future.”

“But…” Kikwang and Min protested.

“No buts. See? You two are already mixing together.” JYP said and smiled. “Your training for the mission will start tomorrow at 9am.”

“What training?” Kikwang asked. He didn’t need training, he trained for 2 years and mastered almost everything he was taught.

“Teamwork training.” JYP said putting his elbows on the table as he rested his chin on his hand. “You two really need it in my perspective.”

Min and Kikwang looked at each other and huffed.

 

(The next day [morning])

“Unni, I still don’t see why I am paired with that jerk. He’s a ert and all out … jerky.” Min sighed while looking out the vehicle’s window.

“Who, Kikwang? He’s not that bad. Once you get to know him he is a really caring guy.” Jung Juri said. “One time, I remember he almost got hit by a car trying to save a young preschool girl from getting hit by a reckless driver.” Jung Juri added, smiling a bit.

Min looked across to Jung Juri and tried to imagine the image of Kikwang saving the little girl. ‘Maybe he isn’t that bad,’ Min thought, ‘Maybe we just met in a bad situation…

“We’re here.” Jung Juri announced, navigating the vehicle to the sidewalk.

They arrived at the company. Min stepped out and pulled her trench coat close to her, the air was still cold even when the sun was shining so bright.

“Goodluck, Min!” Jung Juri said and gave Min a thumbs up. Min smiled back at her and gave her a thumbs up as well. With that, Jung Juri drove away leaving a cold Min in front of the company’s entrance.

 

Just a Jung Juri was out of sight, Min realized that Jung Juri did not tell Min where to go. Min was new to the company in South Korea and didn’t know the whereabouts of where the Training session was.

It seemed as if both sides realized that because the moment Jung Juri turned to the curb, she realized she forgot to tell Min where to go. But it was too late to turn back now, Jung Juri was already late for an appointment.

 

Min didn’t plan on freezing her off in the cold, so she walked inside and sat on a bench near the front entrance. She looked at her watch. It was already 8:45am. ‘Maybe I should at least look around and ask for some help.’ Min thought.

Just when Min was standing up to go ask for help, she bumped into a hard figure and fell backwards, landing on her bottom on the bench. She looked up and saw that the figure was no other than her pesky partner, Kikwang.

Kikwang looked down at Min and frowned. “Yah, I was about to greet you formally, but you go and bump into me, ajumma?”

Min looked up at Kikwang and frowned, too. “It’s not my fault you didn’t say anything. And since when am I an ajumma?”

“Maybe, you should’ve been looking, ajumma. That’ll be your nickname from now on.” Kikwang said, smiling.

Min was irritated by his smile. It seemed as if he only smiled when he was teasing her. Min looked the other way ignoring him.

“By the way, aren’t you supposed to be at the Training session right now?” Kikwang said, getting Min’s attention again.

“You’re one to talk. I don’t know where that’s at.” Min said standing up and brushing her trench coat. 

“Touché.” Kikwang nodded. He turned and walked away from Min.

“Hey, where are you going?” Min asked.

“To the Training Session. You should follow along if you don’t want to be late, ajumma.” Kikwang said without turning to look at Min. Min hesitated because she didn’t want to be bossed around by Kikwang, but again, he has worked here for a longer time than her, so she gave up and obediently followed him behind.

They arrived at the elevator and stepped in. There were 3 people in there, 2 men and 1 woman. Kikwang and Min stood in front of them with a bit of distance between them.

While the elevator was going up, Min could hear whispers behind her coming from the three people.

“Hey, that’s the new girl that JYP requested from America.” One of the guys said, judging by the deepness of the voice.

“Yea, I heard she’s a top class spy, too.” The girl said, judging from the feminine voice.

“She’s a top in appearance, too.” Another deep voice said.

Min chuckled. From the side, Kikwang looked at her and smiled, ‘She is cute…’

 

By the time the elevator got to the Trainee floor, they were the only ones left. The two stepped out of the elevator and headed to the Training Session, of course, Kikwang was leading the way.

Kikwang opened the door for Min to go in. From outside, the Training room looked another office room, but inside, it was actually large and had a black theme to it. The walls were black and padded what seemed to look like sound proof padding. Just like a usual gun training class, they had black stalls that separated each person and their target. The targets were located on the other side of the room; a good distance away from the shooters for practicing far ranged targeting or attacking.

There were about 4 other people in there, excluding the 2 supervisors. “If you’re done with your daydreaming, you should begin with the pretest.” Kikwang said, putting on his headphones. “When you’re starting off as a trainee or just regular training, you have to take a pretest. It’s basically, just going to see how good you are on your gun skills by using points to measure it on that scoreboard over there,” Kikwang said as he pointed to a black screen that already had their names on it.

“Whoa, that’s cool…” Min said amazed. She went to her position next to Kikwang with a small divider between them.

“Up for a battle, ajumma?” Kikwang said while loading his gun coolly. He smirked at her and she returned the smirk.

“You’re on.” Min replied loading her gun. With that, rapid firing was heard throughout the room. Everyone in the room stared amazingly at the two shooting. Kikwang and Min had calm determined faces while shooting, because both wanted to beat the other.

“Wow… No wonder they’re top classed spies.” One of the watchers said.

“Who do you think is going to win?” One of the supervisors said to the other.

“At this rate, I have no clue.” They replied.

When time was up, both of them placed their guns down and took off their headphones.

“You’re not that bad.” Kikwang said smirking.

“You, too.” Min smirked. They walked towards the scoring board and waited to see the results of their battle. The numbers on the scoreboard started scrambling for Min’s total score.

The numbers came out as 100 for Min.

“How ‘bout, if I win, you have to treat me to lunch.” Kikwang said smirking while he was still looking at the scoreboard.

“Deal, but don’t be so arrogant, I got a perfect.” Min said.

Kikwang continued to look at the scoreboard and smirked. The numbers started coming out as 1… then 0 … and finally 1.

Min- 100

Kikwang- 101

“What?!” Min exclaimed. “How…?” Kikwang put a finger to and pointed to the wobbly target at the far side of the room. You’d have to look carefully at both targets to actually see how Kikwang won. Both targets did look identical, but the only difference between the two was that Kikwang’s target had 1 more bullet through the middle of the target than Min.

“Seems like you’re treating me to lunch, ajumma.” Kikwang said folding his arms behind his head.

“… Fine.” Min said in defeat. No one has ever beaten her in a shooting match, this was the first time anyone has ever beaten her in one. ‘This guy… I hate him so much.’ Min thought and shot a death glare towards Kikwang.

Kikwang was oblivious and ignored her, still looking relaxed.

 

*Clap clap clap clap* Min and Kikwang turned around to see JYP smiling at them. “Not bad you two. It was a very close match. But,” he said causing Min and Kikwang to straighten up, “that was only your individual pretest. You still haven’t done your teamwork test yet.” JYP smiled at them.

Min and Kikwang looked at each other; both knew in their minds that the real training would start now. 

 

Sorry, everyone. I've been busy with school lately, but here's the next chapter ^^ I hope you enjoy!