Pain

Slipping Away

 

                It’s black. Everything. Everything is black and I’m lost. I can’t even touch, smell, or taste a single thing. So it can’t be that I’ve gone blind, right? What if the black hole of a guy was contagious? Just when I was opening up—right when I was starting to love him, I caught the disease and now I don’t exist anymore, now do I? All that is left of me are my thoughts. But how long will they last? How long will it be until those are gone as well? Why did he wipe this disease on me? Why couldn’t he have left me alone? It makes no sense to me at all. I was doing perfectly fine, and now I’m tired and lonely. I feel like I’ve spent enough time in this black hole and I don’t like it. I don’t want to be here anymore. If it were to take all of me as soon as it can so that I wouldn’t have to experience this, I would be happy…

~~~~< / 3 ~~~~

                The earsplitting sound of the monitor struck a painful chord in my heart. Panic rose up inside of me and I was instantly frozen to my seat. I knew what the sound could mean, but I didn’t want to face the reality. I didn’t want to know that she was gone.

                When nurses rushed inside of the room and forced me up from my chair to usher me out of the room, I couldn’t handle it. Just seconds before, she had been sleeping with such a peaceful air about her that I thought she was traipsing through a field of flowers. How could her heart stop in that instant? How?

                No matter how much I wanted to argue that there was no such way, it wasn’t enough to stop the doctor from coming out almost half an hour later to relay the sad news to me. But I couldn’t believe it—I wouldn’t believe it. Even as I put on the black shroud and sat in the room where the mourning procession was held, I believed that I could walk back into her hospital room and see her sleeping with  a huge smile displayed across her face like what I had seen just a couple of days ago. Or, if she wasn’t sleeping, I believed that I would be able to walk past the room and hear her laughter trickle out as she watched ridiculous children’s cartoons.

                Sitting in the room as people rushed up to me, sobbing to their hearts’ content, I was beginning to wonder why they listened to the doctor’s words. What he said wasn’t true. She wasn’t dead. No, not this soon. It’s been close to a month since she was able to remember at least something. So, she couldn’t have died this quickly.

                “Hyung,” Chanyeol croaked out as he scrambled up to me along with the others. As I stared at their depressed expressions, the fact that the doctor might be right slowly crept across my heart. When I surveyed each of their faces, I noticed D.O’s red nose, Sehun’s puffy face as he continued to cry, Chanyeol’s sad and teary eyes, Baekhyun’s quivering chin, and the handful of tears that slipped down Kai’s cheeks. My stomach clenched at the sight, and a burning tightness formed at the base of my throat. My breath grew short and panic rose up inside of me.

                “Hae Eun…” I managed to whisper before a frown formed on my lips and my eyes began to water.

                “Hyung,” Baekhyun whimpered and reached out to hug me. And before I knew it, an unexplainable pain washed over me. She had finally chosen to leave me. She chose to leave me alone, and she didn’t even have the chance to say goodbye. I was forgotten before that time came.

                “Why?” I whispered, not understanding. Why was fate so cruel to me? What did I do to deserve this? What did I do to have the one person that was everything to me taken away before I knew it? We were given such a short amount of time. A short amount of time that life stole away and we could never make it up. I could never make up for the times that I treated her badly, and I could never make up for the tears that spilled for her cheeks. I would never be able to see that bright smile of hers, or hear the beautiful laughter spilling from . I wouldn’t even be able to see her sweet face as she relaxed into peaceful slumber.

                What scared me the most was that now that she wasn’t with me anymore, I didn’t know where to go next. How could I move on? How could I just have her as a memory instead of a past, present and future? I just didn’t know, and I wouldn’t know until time allowed it.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hiiii~ ^___________^ I wanted to apologize first off for how short it was. I was actually planning six chapters, but with time restrictions, I pushed them into four...and they somehow managed to be really short. I couldn't put enough emotion into it as I thought, and I was unable to make a poster. I'm sorry OTL...anyways, I hope that you enjoyed this and that it at least made you feel a little bit. Thanks once again to the awesome writer that designed this story for me. I was excited to try something new-ish~ Especially with a new person for my character. This might be my first and only time for writing for EXO. I don't know them well, and I can't really see them as my muse. But maybe I can. I'm not sure. They were interesting. Maybe I should try EXO M too haha. Anyways, thank you soooooooo much for reading! Sorry for the shortness, and take care~ <3 <3 <3