What did I do?...

Imperfections are the best

Youngjae was almost hoping that Daehyun would find something else to do after school rather than coming over. Unluckily that dream was soon over as he saw the older making his way towards him, a big smile spread across his face as he waved his arms excitedly in the air.

"And here I thought you were seriously gonna stand me up." Daehyun joked lightly, obviously more than excited that he'd be spending sometime with his bestfriend.

Youngjae scoffed at his weak comment, rolling his eyes in the process. "Of course not Daehyun, since when do you know me not to keep my promises." he sounded almost a little bit guilty, and by the look on his friend's face he felt even more guilty.

Daehyun frowned at his friend's snarl remark, but decided to ignore it for now. He would be asking Youngjae all kinds of questions once they made it back to the younger's house.

"R-Right." Youngjae stuttered, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. He knew the older was more than a little sensitive about how they're friendship was turning out, but what other choice did he have. He couldn't just tell him how he really felt, and risk losing their friendship altogether. Oh no, Youngjae was not having any of that.

"So um.." Youngjae said looking down at his feet." I was thinking we should probably get some snacks and maybe play video games or something. There's a redbox right up the street from me. They just built it." he said trying not to sound to nervous. It had been a while since he and Daehyun last hung out, he wasn't really sure what to do with the older.

Daehyun seemed to perk up at that, he grabbed Youngjae by the wrist, leading him the rest of the way outside of the school gates. "Okay! Sounds fun! Which one do you want to do first, get the snacks or rent a game?"

"Uh.. well, the redbox is right by the convient store so it doesn't really matter which one."

"Good!" Daehyun's voice overpowered Youngjae's, dragging him along down the sidewalk.
~
"So this, this, Oh yeah we definitely have to get this too!" Daehyun said excitedly, grabbing every kind of candy he could find. "Do you want some chips too?"

Youngjae just stood there, dumbfounded by his friends horrendous eating habits. He damn near picked every kind of snack in the store, and then turned back around to see if he could find some more. "Uh.. Daehyun..I think that's enough" he squinted his eyes together now glaring at the other. He just didn't understand how this guy had one of the best bodies in the school, not when hes going through every aisle like it's about to be his last meal.

"Huh?" Daehyun looked up at him distracted."You sure? I don't think this is enough yet." he said before going over to the next aisle, but not before being pulled back by his collar by a more than annoyed Youngjae.

"Enough!" Youngjae said firmly. " I think we'll have enough food to last us through the next apocolypse!" the younger gripped shaking his head.

Scuffing, Daehyun wasn't at all fazed by his friends over exaggeration. "Please, this food isn't gonna last us throughout the night. At least not when I'm done with it." he grinned proudly.

Shaking his head one final time, Youngjae could not believe this is what his friend has succumb to, and here he was struggling to get his belly fat to shrienk and this dude was over hear trying to eat out of house and home.

When Daehyun finally deemed they'd bought enough, they made they're way to the check out counter with two full baskets full of junk.

"Your unbelievable you know that." Youngjae growled at the boy next to him. " I said we would get a few snacks, not the whole damn store!" he was a little more than a bit peeved off. "Whose going to pay for all this!?"

"Who else? I am of course." Daehyun looked over at the other with a smug grin plastered on his face. "Did you think I was gonna let you buy all of this? It's not like I planned on sharing all of it anyway." the older laughed lightly before turning back around. "It really has been a long time since we've last hung out, you don't even remember the basics."

Youngjae noticed the soft tone in his last sentence. He couldn't exactly pinpoint it but it discreetly sounded like hurt. He decided to brush it off as the person at the counter continued to scan their things.

Youngjae could hear two other girls behind them giggling. He dared not to turn around as his nerves got the best of him. It wasn't that he didn't necessarily like girls, somewhere down the line he made up his mind that he was absolutely petrified of girls and that was his reason for being gay. In the end he knew that was just an excuse for being down right afriad of them.

One of the girls was eyeing Daehyun up and down. She bit her lip just as she was about to say something, but stopped midway and started whispering to her friend.

Youngjae was rather annoyed by it all, wanting to know why the check out person was going so damn slow!

At that moment, Daehyun just so happened to turn around to see a very pissed off Youngjae and the girls giggling and oggling behind him. He wasn't really sure if they were checking him out or not but he found himself being rather aggravated about the whole thing and grabbed Youngjae's arm, pushing him forward.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun with a puzzeled look. He didn't know what his problem was all of a sudden, was he in the way of his mindless flirting? Youngjae smiled bitterly to himself, it hurt to really think about it, but damn was it true. There was just no way his friend was ever going to feel the same way about him. Hes straight. Is all he kept thinking.

Youngjae tried his best to shake away these thoughts as he started grabbing the bags off of the counter. Daehyun intervened and took most of them instead, leaving Youngjae to carry only one bag.

"I could have carried those too you know." He said flatly as they walked out of the store.

"Nah" Daehyun said waving him off. "Their mostly my snacks so its cool."

Youngjae was about to protest but soon followed Daehyun's line of vision at the two girls walking out behind them. He scuffed to himself as he turned back around. Of course he would. Now would be a better time than never to get their numbers. Youngjae thought aimlessly to himself. This whole thing was really starting to get on his nerves, he knew he wouldn't be able to control his emotions for much longer and he just really wanted to go home.

He couldn't stand to watch the one that he liked to flirt with other girls right in front of him. He didn't have time for this. He bit his lip in frustration as he turned back around to tell Daehyun to speed it up. What he didn't noticed was the sour look that Daehyun was giving the girls, almost as if his interest in them was equivilant to a fly on the wall.

"Daehyun.." Youngjae spoke up after a moment of staring.

Daehyun looked back at Youngjae more than a little distracted." What is it?" he asked innocently.

"Nothing." He said furrowing his eye brows. "What kind of games do you want to play?" he tried changing the subject.

"Hmm.." Daehyun hummed giving the younger's question much thought. "Something with zombies in it. I heard that new Dead Space was out!" he said over enthusiastically, giving Youngjae that signature smile of his.

Youngjae chuckled lightly at how easy Daehyun's mood could go from pissed off to happy in an instant. "That doesn't come out until next month Dae." he countinued to laugh when the older's smile faded away into disappointment.

Daehyun's lips drew out in a pout. "Don't laugh at me!" he said annoyed as Youngjae continued to .

"How could you not know that? Seriously Daehyun!? I thought you kept up with this stuff." Youngjae poked.

"Shut up! It's been a long time since I've actually played anything. I always only used to play with you!" Daehyun admitted, rubbing the back of his neck in embarressment.

Youngjae couldn't help the small blush that creeped up his neck. "Really? But you have other friends besides me Daehyun." Younjae tried to akwardly laugh off how flustered he was, but failed miserably.

Daehyun gave him a look before continuing. " I mean Youngjae, your my best friend. I only found it fun when it was you I was playing with."

In Youngjae's mind, that sounded more like a confession rather than the obvious 'Duh dummy, we're best friends!'. Youngjae swallowed thickly, trying to come up with something to say back. The only thing he could do was nod in agreement, a small smile finding it's way across his face.He felt a familiar heat make it's way to the surface as he continued to look down, not really paying attention to where he was going.

Daehyun laughed as he pulled the younger along side him. He lowered his head to look Youngjae right in the face, and what he saw was a tinge of pink spreading across the boy's face. Daehyun giggled as he poked the boy's round cheek. "Youngjae..Are you blushing right now?"

Youngjae shot his head up so quick he nearly bumped heads with Daehyun. "N-No!" he instantly denied, his eyes growing so wide,  Daehyun was afraid they'd pop out of their sockets.

Daehyun took his arm and wrapped it securly around the younger's shoulder. Not missing the deep red blush that was making its way down his neck. Daehyun smiled to himself, obviously pleased to see that he could get such a reaction out of the other.

"Jae-yah." Daehyun said softly, poking the younger's ribcage. "Why are you getting so embarrassed? Has it really been that long since we last hung out?"

Youngjae nervously bit his lip as he tried to pry the older boy off of him. " It's nothing Daehyun, let's just get these games and go home. I'm kind of tired." his voice was so quiet, Daehyun could barely hear him.

"What was that Jae?" the older said holding his hand up to his ear.

"I'm tired! Let's hurry this up and go home!" Youngjae voiced, now irritated.

Daehyun was taken aback by Youngjae's sudden loud tone. He hummed in agreement as he followed the younger to the red box.
~
After choosing the games for what seemed like almost thirty minutes, the two finally made it back to Youngjae's house. Daehyun settled down on Youngjae's bed as the younger made his way to where the T.V. was, hooking everything up.

"I'm not really sure how this goes." Daehyun said looking unsure at his game controller. "It's really been a while since I last played this thing. Can you show me Youngjae?" he looked up at the younger who was now sitting in the computer chair right beside from where he was sitting.

Youngjae rolled his eyes at Daehyun, not believing what he was hearing. "Are you serious Dae? You don't even remember how to work simple controls on your joystick. Oh, your a hopeless cause." he looked at Daehyun in mock annoyance, shaking his head.

"Yah! Shut up!" Daehyun scowled, kicking Youngjae's leg. "I told you it's been awhile. Now are you gonna show me or what?!"

"I don't know. What's in it for me?" Youngjae smirked looking down at the other.

"How about my foot up your !" Daehyun stated matter of factly.
Youngjae laughed at his friends harmless threats. He had to admit. He missed Daehyun, in more ways than he'd like to go into right now.

"Fine!" Youngjae huffed, blowing his long fringe out of his eyes. "Scoot over! You really are a pain in the a- Ouch!" he yelled, rubbing his thigh from the other's hard pinch.

Daehyun had an amused look on his face as he motioned for the younger to get started. Youngjae gave the older one last piercing look before he took the controller in his hands.

"This is how you jump idoit." Youngjae motioned with his hands, a prominent scowl on his face the whole time. "And this is how you-"

"Jae why are you sitting so far away. You think I got super vision? Come closer!"  Daehyun's Busan accent was starting to kick in.

The last thing Youngjae wanted to do was be any closer than was necessary to the one person that made his hear beat like crazy. Instead of abiding by whatever the older was saying he simply continued to explain. He made sure he kept a fair distance away from the now apparent annoyed boy.

Daehyun let out a long sigh before he abruptly scooted closer to the younger. "Yah Youngjae! Your doing it again!" Daehyun was becoming irritated by the second.

"What are you talking about?" Youngjae looked over with confusion, inching his body away from the other. He tried to play dumb, not really expecting his friend to catch on to what he was doing. If Daehyun found out what was really going through his head right now, well he really wasn't sure what would become of their friendship, or whatever was left of it for that matter.

Daehyun had this desperate look on his face. Almost as if he was pleading with the other to give him some kind of answer. His eyes were practically begging for Youngjae to talk to him, but Youngjae just knew that he couldn't. Even if he did trust Daehyun, almost as much as he trusted his own parents, something like revealing his feelings to him was definitely not an option.

Youngjae let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He tried to inch as far away from the other without looking to obvious, but apparently Daehyun wasn't letting up and grabbed him roughly by the arm.

Youngjae winced at the sudden harsh contact and tried to shake the other off. "Dae. D-Daehyun. Let go.." he said much weaker than he actually wanted to sound.

"No!" Daehyun said defiantly. "Not until you tell me what the hell is going on with you!"

"I-It's nothing Daehyun! Just let go!" Youngjae was practically yelling at this point.

"Dammit Youngjae!" Daehyun's voice got louder, and the grip he had on the smaller boy's arms got even tighter. "Just tell me! I'm supposed to be your friend! Best friend! Why can't you just tell me what is going on between us!?" his voice cracked as he looked at the other with pleading eyes.

Shocked, Youngjae didn't even know how to answer the other. He had no idea that avoiding Daehyun for as long as he did could really affect the other like this. He was being selfish, and he hated himself the more he thougt about it. He didn't care about their friendship at this point, he just didn't want Daehyun to find out how he really felt about him. He was afraid that he'd lose his best friend forever.

"What did I do?..." Daehyun asked faintly, completely lost at this point.

Sighing, Youngjae shook his head as he lifted his hand to the older boy's cheek. " It's really nothing Daehyun-nah." Youngjae smiled up at him weakly. " I just thought we needed a little space was all." he said chewing on his bottom lip nervously.

"Space? " Daehyun was genuinly confused at this point. "Why would we need any space. We've been best friends since the fourth grade. We lived at eachother's houses. Why would you figure that? Are you tired of me?" Daehyun asked dejected.

"No! No!" Youngjae instantly shook his head. "It's just since middle school we've both been in different worlds." More different than you could even imagine.

"How's that!?" Daehyun rose his brow in even more confusion, he was desperate at this point.

" I just.." Youngjae had to think of how to phrase his lie, well it wasn't a total lie after all. Daehyun had his sports, and Youngjae had his smarts. "Daehyun since you've joined the soccer club, we haven't been really hanging out like we used to anyway."

"But Youngjae, I got on my knees trying to beg you to join! I-"

"Just hear me out Dae.." Youngjae interrupted. "And I have all of these projects and other assignments to catch up on so it was only common that'd we'd drift apart, but that doesn't mean we're still not best friends though." Youngjae reassured, trying to give the other a convincing smile.

Daehyun didn't look like he was by the younger's excuse, but in the end he took that over nothing at all. He smiled back at Youngjae, patting him briefly on the head. He let his fingers run through the younger's soft strands, smiling as the other visibly began to relax under his touch.

"If you say so Jae, but I'm trusting that whatever it is, your just telling the truth. You know I hate it the most when the people most closest to me lie to me."  He said with a bit of sterness in his voice.

Youngjae swallowed the invisible lump in his throat. He didn't even want to imagine what the other would do if he found out that Youngjae was indeed lying to him, hes been doing it for two years now.