Devil Face 3

The devil face?

I not forever alone now, I seat on the floor while at my right side I have my best friend. We hang out at my secret place and have a wonderful lunch that being prepared by her to me. It’s been a while I have a proper meal. It was so delicious and I can feel like I eating food make from a love. So dramatic I am.

We keep chatting about how her life in state and how poorly my life in here. We intertwined our hand because its habit we have when we stay together. She is my only friend that never gives up talking to me or trying to make me be her friend.

It started when I move to another town, one year after my mom passed away. I was 8 years that time, the time where I forcedly to wear a mask and forbidden to talk with other kids. I follow my father rules as I afraid he won’t feed me or beat me without any mercy.

When I enter my new school, everyone keep looking at me with a weird expression and I can hear a whisper at my back.

‘Who is he?’

‘Why he wear a mask’

‘Did he have some dangerous disease?’

I have urgent to answer all the questions that keep lingering around me but I have to hold myself. First month, I will locked myself in the toilet and cry hardest. Then, Luna the new transfer kid get in to my class and without hesitate she sit at the empty chair beside me.

She introduces herself to me but I just ignore whatever she do and just look outside the window. She keeps talking and asks a lot of question but indeed I never ask it at all but she not give any damn. She will keep follow me to anywhere I go and wait outside the toilet.

She bring me, I mean she dragged me toward the rooftop and say ‘here is our territory ok Jong Jong’. The nickname she make by herself without any permission from me. I too lazy to fight so I just nodded and when she brings out her lunch, two box of lunch. First I were like, she sure can eat a lot but the true is one of the box is for me.

I started to open a little toward her like hold her hand and smile at her although she never see the smile but I know she can see it through my eyes. It takes a year before I start to talk to her. My first word was ‘thank you’ and she looked at my face with surprise face and I can see tear brimmed at her eye and she hug me tightly and it really tight as I has a difficulty to breath.

She becomes my friend, but happiness never last long. She has to follow her family to state for they business and before the day the fly away I exposed my true face to her and I was really afraid, what she reaction to me. Disgusting or she will hate me?

But it not what I’m thinking, she smile sweetly at me and say I really a beautiful creature she ever see and I more pretty that her. I was so happy but she going to leave me alone here, that means I don’t have any friend to talk or play with. No delicious lunch anymore, I will back to be alone ranger.

I can’t send her to airport although I really want to. First day at school without her is like a hell, I being bully and being tortured. But now, she come back and promises to protect me.

*Bell Ringing

Oh it time to go back to hear a stupid lesson and unfortunately we both have different homeroom and that make me sad. I still in my sit position do not care if I will be late for my next class.

“Jong Jong –ah hurry up, we will be late”

“No, you go first”

“Don’t ever think about it Jong Jong, no skipped!”

I look up and see he hand in his waist look at me with a stern glare.

“ok ok I will go now”

We walk as fast as we can and separated around the corner where she classes on the right while I not the left. I sigh when I really doesn’t have any mood the learn anything. Then, I hear someone calling my name from my back and I know that was my no one who loves to torture me.

So without looking back I run almighty from him, I can hear his footstep and he was chasing me. I’m so lucky because I can run faster than that bastard and when I look back I can’t see anyone. Oh yeah I save from now on.

When I look back I already bumped into someone and fall down. My meets a hard floor and I hissed painfully. I lit my face and look at the person I crashed with, I never see him before. He come closer to me and he look like his bow.

“Are you ok boy?”

I keep quiet and I was looking at his dark orb, perfect face I should say. But he is too closed with me. Oh god just save me again, when someone call he and he look back. I take the opportunity to run away. I can hear he screamed call my name but I ignored it.

I now in the garden, rest in the back of big tree hides me from others vision. I can’t forget his beautiful eye that looked at me with concerned.

.

.

.

^____________^

.

.

.

“Hey what going on?”

“I bumped with some weird boy who wear a mask and can’t see his face clearly as his bang cover his eyes”

“oh that must devil face kid”

“Ermm, devil face kid?”

“Ah, they say he has some dangerous disease and destroyed all his face, that why he wear a mask to cover it”

“Oh, can we trust the rumor?’

“Ok stop it will you? Just ignore the boy, come I show your new class that was my class. How lucky you are because you can be in the same class with me your cool best friend”

“Oh shut the ing up Yeol”

The figure walk away from his best friend that keep talking how cool his is in the school but none of the word he hear because he keep thinking about the boy. Devil face? How weird it is. He will never believe toward rumor except he sees it with his both eye.

“Best friend, where are you think you are going, you just passed away our class”

“Sorry”

He takes a deep breath and when he enter the class, bow a little to his new classmates and introduces his name.

“Hello my name is Kim Myungsoo. Please take care of me”

 

.................................................

 

Some of the rumor is not really true....make a note!