Chapter Two

It Was Fun While It Lasted

           The last bell rang, and all the students were in a mad rush to get out of this prison called school. Well, all the students except me. I calmly packed up, making sure that everything was neat and organized inside my bag.  Taking the books I didn’t need, I walked to my locker. I found several pieces of chewed-up gum stuck on my locker door. I looked at the mess with a blank face and pulled out a tissue to clean it up. Gum… it’s some nasty stuff, especially when it’s all chewed up. When I opened my locker, a whole lot of paper tumbled out. Fan mail? Oh wait, I meant HATE mail.

            After I put my books in, I shut my locker, pretty loudly, in an attempt to get everyone’s attention. It worked. I picked up Every. Single. Letter. and read them, with a smile on my face, just to piss people off. Then, I folded the letters neatly and trashed them along with the gummed up tissue. I turned around and saw that I still had the peoples’ attention. Most of them were snickering, whispering, and probably gossiping.  I glared at the whole crowd, meeting eyes with the ones who sent me letters. Scanning the whole crowd, I met eyes with a particular tall person, Chanyeol. Still glaring, I tilted my head to the side. WTF was he doing here? He averted his eyes to something else. Embarrassed? HA. HA. As if… This just strengthens my suspicions. Chanyeol? Look away? That’s the last thing he’d do if a girl caught him staring. He’d wink or do something like that.                      

            The rest of Exo-K came at that moment to get Chanyeol, making the crowd disperse. While going the door, Baekhyun turned around and smiled at me. Let me repeat that. THE Byun Baekhyun of Exo-K smiled at me. Before any thought came to my head, there was another thought: “Something is seriously ed up.” Excuse my French, but wouldn’t you think the same thing if you were in my situation?

            I started walking home, still confused as ever. “Byun Baekhyun. Of Exo-K. Smiled. At me. A loner.” This must be some kind of war. I better prepare. I walked up three flights of stairs to my apartment: 307. “In, click, twist, pull, close, lock,” I mumbled. I tied my hair into a messy bun, and changed into grey sweat pants and a mint jacket. It’s getting pretty cold here. Soon, I was out the door again. Where? To my five part time jobs, of course.

                                               

                                      *                                  *                                  *

 

            I was sitting at my desk listening to A Bird Crying Sadly by Outsider (feat. Lee Sooyoung). I had my right leg crossed over my left, head on the table, arms folded over my stomach, and eyes out the window. If you haven’t guessed why I was in zombie mode, I’ll give you a clue: For girls, it’s one week of hell. Someone tapped on my desk. I looked up to see Suho smiling [okay, you people need to stop smiling, it’s creeping me out]. I just stared at him, waiting for him to explain why he was here on this FINE morning. He pulled out two Godiva chocolate bars.

            “Here, it looks like you need some,” he said, putting the chocolates on my desk. He smiled again and turned around to go back, when I stopped him.

            “Wait”

            “Hmm?” he said, turning back around.

            “Did you poison these?” I asked, skeptically.

            “No,” he said, looking kind of hurt.

            “Then why are you giving these to me?” It’s war. I must win this war.

            “I hate seeing you lonely all the time, so I decides=d to do something about it,” he explained.

That was one sh*tty excuse.

            “Let’s be friends,” he said, holding out his hand.

All eyes were on us. My eyes were on his hand, just staring at it.

            RRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG~!!!

 ‘Saved by the bell,’ I thought. I looked out the window again as Suho returned to his seat.

            Feeling a lot of eyeballes on me, I turned to see all of Suho’s fangirls glaring at me. I glared right back at them, shooting lasers at them, burning their souls. A crumbled piece of paper hit my head and fell onto my desk. I opened it.

                     Meet me outside @ lunch time.

                                              -Boram

            I looked up to see Boram staring at me. Who are you to tell me what to do? I rolled my eyes in a way that she could see, crumbled the paper, and threw it in the trash bin. *SCORE* I looked at her again and smirked. She glared at me and faced to front after giving me the ‘I’m watching you’ sign

            I turned my attention to the window, completely ignoring her warning… and the lesson. I know this stuff anyways. I’m a genius.

 

3rd Person POV

            There was something both of them didn’t know, though…. Kai had seen the whole interaction between you and Boram.