The Old-Fashioned Lover, Kkamjong

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “D- done?” Jongin asked albeit he would not get any response. It was bemusing, how after all this time, he still could endure the cold treatment that Huisoo gave to him. “Let’s get you on time.”

She was standing there with her big travelling luggage, packing her remaining clothes (mostly sweaters and overcoats) that he noticed she was not really able to wear during her stay in Japan since she did not get to go anywhere until yesterday. He braced himself for that.

She remained motionless when he moved closer to take her luggage. It seemed to him that something was getting her in the head because she looked pretty serious. He could see a line of frown formed on her temple while her abnormally-long eyelashes squeezed as she took her time to blink. On top of that, she did not look undesirable like anyone else would.  She looked cleverly tough, oddly.

He snorted. He could not find even a faintest idea of how she managed to look both anxious and graceful at the same time.

            “Look,” It took him by surprise when she let out a voice that he had not been able to hear in like ten years, “Let’s go to the airport with a condition.” She gave her point, turning around to meet his gaze.

Jongin did not want to waste his time for asking because that was not a crucial matter right now (she would continue although he was not asking anyway). What mattered was to watch her face closely, checking out if there was still a hint of forgiveness left for him in her complexion.

            “I don’t want to talk.” She said, fidgetting.

He frowned. This would lead to nothing. Succeeding in gaining her trust to having him drive her to the airport would just change nothing if he did not get to talk to her. This Huisoo woman right here was really a tough one.

Feeling his emotional side started to take over his clear mind, he exhaled heavily.

         “But why?”

         “I’m just tired.” She said she was tired when she was actually just sad.

That way, he knew not to press the issue, afraid of making false moves that would result worse. Therefore without prolonging the dialogue, he walked downstairs.

Huisoo is leaving. She really is leaving.

Is this the reality that he wanted?

A week before now, he could make sure that his answer would be yes, but oh girl, there were always things in between when it came to Han Huisoo, the only woman he had spent so much time and effort on. The woman who apparently favored him and his family not so little, but also the same woman who had not bothered to share her food with him anymore. The woman who had not been asking anything about his well-being per 216 hours he was around. The woman he was currently watching over.

I’m losing her.

He hopped onto the car and cleared his throat, and the more he swallowed, the emptier he felt. He thought something was burning in him because he could taste smoke in the back of his throat. The next seconds, he found Huisoo settled herself down next to him. It had come as a surprise, but it relieved him. He was glad to know that she stopped avoiding him like he was a deadly virus or something. Satisfied, he took one last gaze at her insecure expression before he set the ignition to life and drove off.

To tell the truth, her anxiety was not due to the fact that they were driving together. It was rather because she noted that today would be the termination day of their relationship. In the near future, there would be no sarcasm and inappropriateness as what they had shared in the last four months; no making fun of each other and no picking at other people’s flaws. Further, playful hugs and stares would be no more, no Jongin.

She could always ring Inhwa and Jongshin to ask about their well-beings, but surely, she would not have the courage to crash to their house like she had done before. There would be a number of changes in her life, and she should be fine with that.

Silently, she glanced at him through the corner of her eyes.

There, she saw his face resuming the old-Jongin-face, that red-Indian composure which had made many regarded him as a machine rather than human.

Live happily...

She said inwardly before looking away and gazed pointlessly at the corner of the moving car. She was completely tired—exhausted. It was like the world had drained her for everything that she had. She could not smile neither could she cry. It was as if she forgot how to have fun and how to grieve. All she wanted to do was to close her eyes from all the things she did not wish to see, but the wordless ride was soon ended as soon as the car pulled up at Haneda. She flinched more at the thought of last two weeks when she witnessed all the detail of the emotional view of Jongin and the woman who shouted luxury all over her body.

She shut her eyes tiredly, wanting all to be soon over right here, right now.

When she opened her eyes at last, she saw Jongin stared at her as if trying to get her attention. This familiar moment flashed across her mind. Feeling alarmed, she quickly slipped off from the seatbelt before then immediately got out of the car, having this slight trauma of something that happened the other night inside the car. He smiled cheekily at this.

           “I’ll park first.” He announced after she was out with her luggage. She was supposed to do check-in in ten minutes, though.

However, when he came back from the parking lot, he was not able to find Huisoo on the previous spot. He started off calm as he went around to find her, but then started freaking out when he could not find her anywhere. It was too chaotic in the airport and he probably looked abnormal right now in the eyes of people. But, it was not like he cared. He was Kim Jongin, the world was at his feet eventhough his mind was in daze.

What plane is she taking? He had no idea.

He had not been given any chance to inquire her flight-regardings, so the least thing he knew he could do was to look for her around Seoul-destination departure terminals. Unluckily, she was not at any terminal which aircraft would set off to the South Korea capital city itself.

Where could she be? It would be easier if she answered her phone, but she did not.

She could not leave like this. No, not without saying anything to him. They had a bunch of unsaid things between them and he did not want to let her go like this. No, she could not do this to him.

He kept ringing her, somehow silently praying she would answer. Well, it was not strange anymore, how he was so drawned to her.

            “Kkamjong.”

All of a sudden, he shuddered. Perhaps, his heart had stopped beating, too, and his body remained still upon the nickname that could only be pronounced by one person,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter