16

What Matters

A/N: before anything else, try listening to Growl (EXO K version) while reading the chap. hahaha, Kai's rap fits into the last part of the chappie :>

 

 

 

 

Kai slid down from his Murcielago, and then he paused. He watched as Inhye and the male from the other day walk out of the hospital.

He felt his stomach tighten.

Then they got in the car.

Kai exhaled before walking towards the hospital’s entrance.

 

“What did you want to talk about?” Inhye asked as she curled her fingers around the warm cup of coffee.

“It’s your final year, right?” Daehyun asked.

“It is. When did you arrive?”

“Two weeks ago, I have a competition here.” He leaned back.

“Since you hate beating around the bush, I came here for you, I wasn’t really thinking about the race.”

Inhye tensed slightly.

“Dae~”

“I know what I did was..wrong, but I~”

“Don’t start again, I don’t want to hear it.” Inhye shook her head.

“I…want to be your friend again, is that too much to ask?”

Inhye started to ponder, she needed to get away from him. If she were to call Khun, then he’d go ballistic seeing her with Daehyun. Luhan was still on duty.

She bit her lip.

Kai.

“You just got back, aren’t you busy? You’re already roaming around.” Inhye smiled before taking out her phone.

 

Kai stepped out of the hospital, he excused himself before taking out his phone.

“We’ll be taking your father home, Kai. Make sure to go home for dinner.”

“Yes, eomma.” He nodded, then he watched as his father’s secretary helped him to the car.

He looked at his phone.

Can you pick me up? I’m stuck. ­–Inhye

 

“Right, you’re good at changing topics.” Daehyun smiled at her before drinking his coffee.

Inhye read Kai’s reply and she mentally sighed before typing back.

“I just want you in my life again, Inhye.”

“Look, Dae, I can’t….deal with this right now. There’s too much~”

Daehyun shook his head and reached for her hand across the table, his dark orbs meeting hers.

“I’ll definitely win you back, no matter how much it takes.”

Inhye felt her cheeks burn but she pulled her hand away as she noticed a familiar sports car outside.

 

Kai gracefully slid down from his car and looked at the café before him, he decided to wait for Inhye to come out and leaned on the hood instead.

He was about to call her when he heard the doors open, he grew confused as INhye looked at him with relief in her eyes.

“Hey~” He trailed off when he noticed the guy behind her.

 

Inhye mustered up a grin before walking to Kai, somehow seeing him there casually leaning against his car made her feel comfortable again.

She could feel Daehyun’s gaze on her as she walked to Kai.

“That was fast.” She murmured before wrapping her arms around his neck, she felt Kai tense slightly.

“Hug me? Please?” She said lightly, Kai chuckled lowly before wrapping his arms around her.

“Is it because of the cold?” Kai asked while looking at Daehyun. He tucked Inhye under his chin and squeezed her waist.

“Not really, is he still watching?” Inhye pulled away slightly.

“Hmm, which category does he fall in, the ex? Suitor?”

Kai let go of her with a grin.

“He left.”

Inhye heard the low rumble of an engine, Daehyun was gone.

She slowly let go of him and sighed.

Kai looked at her curiously.

 

 

“Fine, I owe you an explanation.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++