7

What Matters

 

“Where were you?!” Khun snapped, Inhye blinked.

Khun was the sunny brother, he rarely snapped.

“Hospital, emergency, so how did lunch go?”

“Siwon hyung’s not around, he and haraboji had this…verbal war earlier, help me look for him.”

Inhye paused then she knelt down and placed the two metal bowls on the floor, Coco and Snow immediately ate.

“Arasso, I have a feeling he’s somewhere near. Call me later, oppa.”

 

Kai stepped out from his condo for a walk with his pet when he saw Inhye, at the same time step out.

He eyed her two pups, he smiled.

“The..coat, wait~”

“It’s fine, you seem in a rush.”

Then Inhye looked at him, really looked at him.

“You know Choi Siwon, right? Childhood friend?”

Kai nodded.

“Can…you help me find him? I have a feeling he’s off drinking somewhere around this area.”

“Drinking? Siwon hyung?” Kai blinked.

“Yeah, will you help me?”

 

It was getting dark outside when they stepped out of the building, surprisingly Inhye remained calm as they walked around, though worry was prominently seen on her face.

Kai shook his head, what was he doing?

If people saw him walking alone with a woman, they would talk. He looked at Inhye who was a few steps ahead of him, but Inhye, who is she?

Siwon’s lover? Khun’s lover?

His brows met, why was he thinking about her?

But, why would she do this to herself? She’s a smart lady, why~

He halted when Inhye faced him, then she smiled. It made his chest tighten.

“Found him.”

 

Inhye’s brows furrowed as she found her sibling drinking at a small pojangmacha. She felt someone tug at her arm, Kai asked for the two leashes on her hand.

“I’ll hold onto them for you, doctor.” He smiled gently, he nodded.

“Oppa?”

Siwon glanced up, then a somewhat sleazy-yet-still-business-chic smile formed on his lips, Inhye sighed.

“They’re going to marry off, baby.”

Kai’s brows rose off, so that’s why. He waited for Inhye to react but she just sighed again and tried to pull the male up.

“Don’t come home tonight, haraboji will go ballistic.” She murmured, then her eyes met Kai’s.

“I can~”

“I’ll take hyung, here.” He handed her the three leashes.

“What’s his name?” Inhye asked and looked at his Rottweiler.

“Ryder.” Kai nodded to her before hoisting Siwon up.

 

Inhye’s brows furrowed. First, she just let a complete stranger touch a part of her life that no one’s supposed to. She glanced at Kai behind her who was helping her brother.

Second, why was her brother drinking heavily? They never discussed things like this, especially about political marriages, she knew it would happen, but….it was just too fast.

“But, docto~”

“Just Inhye.” She said, somehow she trusted this tall stranger with dark eyes.

“Then, call me Kai, good?”

She managed to smile at him and pat her brother’s cheek lovingly.

“Can I ask you something, Inhye?”

She nodded.

“Is it Siwon hyung for you or Khun hyung?”

 

Khun was waiting patiently inside his sister’s loft, then he heard the doors open. Inhye could be heard….laughing.

“What the hell?” Khun murmured, then he saw Siwon being supported by Kai, then three dogs followed them.

Inhye was smiling…odd.

“How is he?” He asked as Kai helped the older male to the couch, Siwon just plopped down, already sleeping.

“Drunk..wasted.” Inhye murmured then she looked at Kai.

“Thanks for~”

“Kai…He just asked me something, you trust him, right?” Inhye asked, Khun nodded.

Kai looked at the two, feeling terribly out of place.

“This is Choi Siwon, and half brother Khun Horvejkul.” Inhye said.

“Inhye, he knows that~”

“Of course he does, society buddies, right?” She smiled playfully.

Khun’s brows rose.

A rare playful Inhye appears.

“And me?”

Kai’s eyes zeroed on her.

“I’m Lee Inhye, third child of Jeguk’s past president, younget sister the one whose passed out on the coach and the one standing here, member of Korea’s Ice Hockey Team.”

Khun froze, what was she doing? Did she just willingly tell Kai what she’s been trying to hide.

Kai’s eyes went to the three, then he smiled.

“Do you feel kind of foolish for asking me that?” She asked before walking towards the kitchen.

Kai shook his head.

“Hyung, I only heard rumors about…another child….I~”

“Don’t worry, it’s fine, normally she doesn’t tell people. But seeing her now, she must be up to something.” Khun said before eyeing his older brother.

Kai glanced back, he saw Inhye drinking a glass of water, an amused smile formed on his lips.

 

 

“But, it’s a good thing, she trusts you..I suppose.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++