The Trojan Horse [The Negotiations 2/2]

Black Hole Sun (On Hiatus)

 

PLEASE NOTE: I felt the story would run more smoothly if I switched somethings around. So just FYI, U-Kiss is now officially #7, rather then #5 as stated. (Order, as info given through out story and this recent update:
2. Big Bang
6.J.Tune
7. U-Kiss

Thank you all, and enjoy this chapter!)

 

 

 

March 28, 2264
Sector 8, Old Cargo Storage, near Singapore, Malay Peninsula
6:35 AM

 

 

 

Fighting back a yawn, Daesung tried to remain silent as he continued to watch the rest of the group move about. TOP, Taeyang and GD were fixing any minor details they were afraid they may have overlooked. Seungri was sitting to his left, fiddling with his gun, taking it apart and putting it back together in a matter of seconds. Bored of staring at the trio speaking in hushed tones, he slid down the side of the cargohold to sit on the ground beside his friend, untucking his kantana, which he had proudly named 'Wings' years ago.

 

Sparing him a glance, Seungri went back to his fidgeting, pulling out yet another gun from his left side, this one a dark crimson shade, and unloaded the ammo. Checking it, he nodded and placed it back into its original place holder and held it up to check down the sights. Seungri and Taeyang were the handgun specialists within the group, both efficient in speed and aim. They were both known to be able to whip out their weapons and fire without checking their aim, and still be able to hit their target from a distance. The difference between the two was that Taeyang prefered silencers and sleeker guns, while Seungri liked flashy and faster ones.

 

"When do you think we'll head out for GD's-I mean, Jiyong's daughter?" Daesung murmured to his friend. The man didn't say a word, glaring more intensely at his red gun. Obviously he hadn't forgotten the near-bloodshed that could have occured earlier thanks to GD's gloating and his own short temper. Sighing, Daesung unclipped Wings from her scabbard, drawing her slightly so a few inches of glittering Swedish steel were revealed. He could just make out his reflection in the darkness before snapping it shut quickly. He did not like the tired, defeated man looking back at him.

Turning to Seungri again, Daesung opened his mouth to ask another question, but stopped when he noticed the man tensing, his eyes closed.

"Seungri? What's up?" He reached out to shake the man's shoulder, only to have his hand knocked away in a flash.

 

VI's eyes shot open. No longer dark brown, the entire eye, iris and the whites, had gone pitch black. Hissing in shock, Daesung launched himself backwards with a quick kick off the ground, staring in horror as Seungri slowly stood up, both his guns in his hands.

The commotion had draw the others attention who watched the man with varying degrees of emotion-TOP looked tired and annoyed, Taeyang shocked and concerned, and G-Dragon was amused and mildly interested.

 

"Seungri? Can you hear me?" Daesung tried again, slowly getting up from his crouch, but not moving a step further.

 

Opening his mouth slowly, Seungri suddenly took a deep breath, tilted his head back, exhaled once more, and then met their eyes again.

 

Taeyang peered at his fellow gunman closely. "Who-"

 

The voice was strange-as if a million people spoke at once, and yet as if only one voice was used. Like Seungri's, but not. "I am Max. I come in the regards of Scorpion."

 

TOP and Daesung stiffened at the name and Taeyang sharply inhaled. When they had first joined AHA so many years ago, BoA would keep them updated on the deadliest S4S16s out there-the ones that weren't just the most powerful, but were also intellegent enough to know how to use those Powers accordingly. There weren't many, only a few that had accidently slipped up enough during their hiding, thus allowing AHA to find them and ID them. There was Kahi, one of the leaders of the Resistance, head of the Japan Branch. Tablo, who was also one of the leaders, and one of the heads of China, as well as Korea-there was also proof of him having strong ties to the North American Leader, Amber, and her branch heads. The remaining leader was a man from China named Hangeng. So far, out of those on the list, only some of the branch heads had been caught.

But the list hadn't just been the Resistance leaders. The one exception was a female American who went by the identity of Scorpion. Little was known about the girl except she use to part of various gangs who would use her Powers for their benefits. There were many rumors about her Powers, but they were never able to find the true source, as she had disappeared months after they had found out about her. They had assumed her dead, until a few mysterious Hunter deaths in Japan were reported and a young American girl was seen leaving the location around the time of their deaths. Repeated sightings from all over Asia were reported in, but the AHA never seemed to be able to catch her. She had remained on the most wanted list for years, and as far as Big Bang knew, she was still there today.

And yet...after chasing after her for some many months and years...here she was, asking for them?

Continuing on as if he hadn't noticed them hesitanting, Possessed-Seungri/Max swayed back and forth as he spoke. "She wishes to speak with you concerning the matter of the Infinites currently occupying Singapore. She is aware you want the female, Francesca. You are to meet in the Dead City, at the-"

 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, waaait!" G-Dragon had both his hands up, a roguish smug grin on his face, a cocked eyebrow mocking the possessor. "What makes you think we'll go? I mean, heh, we want the Infinites, and hell, here you are, with direct ties to the infamous Scorpion, practically throwing yourselves at us!" He dropped his hands, curling his lips in a distasteful sneer, confidence oozing off of him. "What makes you so sure we won't just grab the Infinites, the girl, and you and your lady, and head straight back to the headquarters, hm?"

 

"You haven't fully heard the extend of Lady Scorpion's Powers, have you, Hunter?" The man asked, narrowing his eyes and cocking his head.

 

"Ha! Think she can take on 5 of Asia's best Hunters? Willing to bet that?"

 

Max didn't say anything for a moment as GD smirked at him.

Suddenly he sighed. "I was hoping you wouldn't make me do this. However, you leave me no choice." In a blink of an eye, Seungri's red gun was pushed up against Daesung's temple, while the black gun was tapping the side of Max's own head. The swordsman swallowed hard and mentally cursed his friend for being even faster then he was-he didn't even have time to flinch when Max had appeared behind him. Now he was a hostage. If he got out of this alive, he had a feeling no one was going to let him forget this.

 

"If you don't join us for a peaceful chat, I suppose you could go after them," the voices hummed in union. "But you'll have to do it without him," He nudged Daesung's head lighter with the cool tip, "Or him." The barrel of the gun pushed harder against Seungri's scalp. It was Max's turn to smirk confidently at remaining members of Big Bang. "And for a matter of fact, yes, I would like to bet that she could take you all. But the idea of standing here all night arguing with a senseless maniac didn't really appeal to me, soooo..."

 

Daesung rolled his eyes. Sounded like something the real Seungri would say.

 

The trio across from them didn't move or speak, and instead watched the duo in front of them carefully.

 

Exasperated, Max wrinkled his nose and sighed again. "Look, make up your minds as to if your going to meet us or not. The idea is really quite simple. Meet us, get what you want from the Infinites, and you get to keep all your teammates. Refuse, and, well, who knows? Maybe I'll be able to take both our heads off before you move. I've heard VI's guns may not be as quick as Taeyang's," He nodded in the frozen man's direction, "But they're still weapons. Want to see who's faster?"

 

 Clenching his teeth, TOP snapped back a moment later. "Fine. Give us the directions and we'll meet you there."

A wicked grin split Seungri's face. "Excellent," the voices murmured in approval.

 

A few grim moments were spent for passing on the information before Daesung was suddenly shoved into his teammates from behind.

"See yah later!" Seungri brought his left hand back up with the gun still in his grasp, but was suddenly restrained by Taeyang as TOP helped Daesung up and G Dragon continued to study his face.

 

"Where is she-"

 

The man tensed in Taeyang's arms before going limp once more. Confused, Taeyang made a quick decision, flipping his friend over so he was facing his fellow gunman, and peered into his eyes as they began to flutter open.

Pitch black still?

 

Nope.

"Um. Taeyang. You're a good friend and all, but I don't think we're ready for this yet." Seungri's normal sarcastic tone was back, and once more, Taeyang was staring into dark brown eyes with ivory whites, one delicate eyebrow raised in mild confusion.

 

Dumping the man on the ground unceremoniously and ignoring his surprised yelp, Taeyang met TOP's eyes, furrowing his brows together.

What had just happened?

 

-v-v-v-

 
March 28, 2264
U-K's Rented Lodge, Singapore, Malay Peninsula
6:13 AM

 

 

A knock on the door left everyone looking at the youngest. When he didn't move, Soohyun prodded him with his foot where the boy laid on the ground.

"Donghooo. Go get iiiit."

Rolling his eyes and grumbling, Dongho slowly got up and headed for the door. "God, you guys are so fat."

Reaching the door, he pulled it open, looking boredly at their visitor.

"Can I help you?"

Hoon's head swung up from his book and his eyes widened in shock. "No-DONGHO GET AWAY FROM THE DO-"

The screeching sound of twisting metal grated on everyone's ears as they hit the floor, debris flying through the air around them. Hissing angerly, Eli flexed his shoulders, causing two giant, smoky feathered wings to explode from his back, tearing half his shirt in the process. He reached out to the nearest people to shield them from the falling materials, successfully saving Kevin and Kiseop from too much damage, though he winced in his own pain from the heavy impacts on his wings.

Coughing as the dust settled and clutching a faintly bleeding shoulder, Hoon squinted through the clogged air to just make out a strongly built figure next to a large dark spot on the wall.

As if sensing his friend's thoughts, Eli crouched and raised his wings once more, beating them once, twice-enough to create a wind that blew the dust away from them to other corners of their lodge.

Hoon's eyes widened. "Do-dongho?"

The boy coughed weakly from where he was pinned to the wall by thick metal cords, barely blinking against the dust setting on his face. Clearly the impact of being slammed against the wall had stunned him enough that he couldn't fight back.

 

"Don't try anything stupid, Hunters." The stranger looked pointedly at Soohyun, who was about to open his mouth. "I think I could tear off your jaw before you could even squeak, so don't go there." The UK leader pressed his lips together in a thin line, glaring balefully at the man.

 

"I have been sent by Scorpion concerning the unnecessary battle in the near future. My name is U-Know."

 

-v-v-v-

March 28, 2264
Singapore, Malay Peninsula
6:15 AM

 

 

The phone rang, causing Sunggyu to shoot up in his bed, shaking his head and looking around blearily. Mei groaned from where she lay on the other bed oppposite from him. "Get the damn phone-it's too early in the ing morning."

 

Picking it up, he yawned, scratching his head, "'Ello?"

"Is this Kim Sunggyu?"

Instantly he was wide awake, standing up and trying to rack his mind for all of those who knew of their location.

"Who is this?" It was a female-the only people who knew where they were was Beast-they were all males though.

"There is really no need to be startled that I, of all people, know who and where you are, Sunggyu."

 

He looked around frantically before grabbing a pillow and throwing it at Mei's head. She sat up a second later, shooting death glares at him until she noticed the urgent look on his face and his motioning for the door.

"Again, who is this?"

 

The voice was quiet, on par for volume with Mei's nearly silent footsteps as she left the room to look for the others.

 

"My name is Sofia, but you may call me Scorpion. I believe we have a meeting to arrange concerning you and your people's safety."

 

-v-v-v-


March 28, 2264
The Dead City, Malay Peninsula
7:34 AM

 

 

The sunrise was beginning to edge its way across the countryside, touching the edges of Singapore's skyscrapers. Even the few that had remained standing in the Dead City had a warm glow about them. Yet the streets of the isolated ruins were still edged with darkness, and would remain so in the deeper, shattered reaches of the city, were an unusually large amount of people were beginning to gather.

Sitting in the shadows, several floors safe underground, Sofia watched silently as the Big Bang members fidgeted on one side of the room, and the UK boys on the other. She let out an imaginery sigh, feeling thankful that they had included the limit on how many people each of the groups could bring-she didn't want to think of what it'd be like with 12 impatient, bloodlusting Hunters would do in an enclosed space with her. She would have trouble taking them down, but she could still complete the job in the end.

 

To her left, the older, more experienced men waited. G-Dragon-she wasn't surprised he had chosen to come-he probably wanted to make sure Big Bang got the better, more bloody side of the deal. Sofia actually sighed this time, not wishing for the first time that Jiyong was there instead-they wouldn't even have to be here if he hadn't been so stupid. Next was TOP-she hadn't been sure if it was Taeyang or TOP who was going for this meeting, but evidently TOP had some how managed to gain the upperhand in the arguement for who was coming-the two were the righthands for Jiyong in their little group, and were just as smart as each other, if not in different ways. It was the last boy who had surprised her the most-Seungri, the youngest in the group and the one who was most irrational and short tempered-they had chosen him to go to a diplomatic meeting? Taeyang would have been the obvious better choice, or even  Daesung. Shaking her head, she decided the reasoning behind the youngest going wasn't her place to judge, since she only knew them from files Changmin had drawn up for her.

To her right, the younger Hunters and S4S16s stood, representing UK. Soohyun-he was the leader, so it was to be expected that he was here-he wasn't the head of the #7 Hunter Group for nothing. Changmin's files had been a little vague on the personal life and ambitions of Soohyun, but she did know one thing-he was not to be allowed to use his Power. It was one of the few Powers that she wouldn't be able to fight back against, hence why she had made sure Yunho and Changmin were in the room as well, in case Soohyun tried to do something. They would most likely be able to stop him in time from causing an embarrassing situation for her. She remembered scanning the simple title of his Power and its effect a couple of hours ago, which had read quite clearly:

1. POWER/MUTATION: [Siren]

LEVEL OF ADVANCEMENT: [60.753%]

ORIGIN OF POWER: [Artificial]


DESCRIPTION: [Sharing the same trait as the mythological creatures where the Power's name has hence come from, the Siren Power can be used when the S4S16 raises it's voice (yelling, screaming, shrieking, singing, etc.). The pitch of the voice is where the Power radiates from, causing a vocal hypnosis upon the S4S16's victims, allowing it to gain control of the victim's body and mind, and therefore, over his/her actions.]. If the pitch is changed, it can also cause intense pain to the victim by effecting their eardrums, and can cause potential bleeding from the nostrils, ears, eyes or mouth, vomiting, foaming of the mouth, and/or lose of consciousness. If exposed to this pitch for an extended period of time, the results can even lead to death. 

 

 

It was hard to forget an ability that was so similar to Changmin's. Yet, whereas Changmin 'left' his body to possess and take control of a single individual, Soohyun could actually project his Power over a group of people and have the same effect. That is, if he was an expert. Apparently he hadn't mastered the Power yet, despite having it for years. But she had to give credit where it was due-the Siren was a pretty difficult and rare Power, and he was developing at a faster pace then those who gained the Power through natural causes. So far, she believed his record of control was 3 to 4 people-enough that it could make the negotiations difficult if he chose to get rough.

Moving onto the next UK member, she sighed as she recognised the pretty boy looks from Changmin's handy files. Kevin. Another S4S16 who could effect her. Luckily she was so far away from him, and would remain so, or else he might actually be a threat as well. The man could control emotions, and if within range and being able to actually see her, he could possibly effect her judgement of the matters at hand. Once again she mentally thanked Changmin and Yunho for remaining in the room.

 

The last UK member was also one of the S4S16s within the group. Sofia snorted silently as she realised how ironic it was; there were actually 1 or 2 Hunter groups within the Top 10 Hunters who had S4S16s in their squads. S4S16s hunting S4S16s. And she just so happened to have one of the squads trying to cause a war in her territory. Stupid irony. It was a well known fact through AHA who the more 'fitting' Hunters for the job of 'hunting' the Infinites were-Hoon of the UK squad was one of them. So it wasn't too hard for Changmin to find out about his ability to 'sense' and 'see' Powers, and therefore, Infinites. Unfortunately, the reason UK was even in AHA was seen as a taboo reason, so any chance of popularity and overall admiration had gone flying out the window, replaced with disgust and cruelty for the most part.

 

'Not that the reason they joined really matters to me,' Sofia thought, slowly getting up from the dirt covered floor. She had allowed them enough time to stew over the current matters at hand. Now it was time for business. Motioning Changmin over, she took the phone he held and place it on loud speaker, raising the volume high enough that it projected across the room easily. It was too unsafe for the S4S16s to be present, with how they were seen as the 'prize' for both the AHA squads. So she had decided to do a conference styled negotiations, with Sunggyu and the Infinites on the phone and the others present.

 

With the volume up high, everyone could hear what was going on.

"Sunggyu, are you there? We're about to begin."

 

There was a slight fizz from the static before a soft, light voice belonging to the leader of the Infinites replied. "I am here."

 

"Excellent." Turning to where GD was watching her like a tiger, she nodded. "GD of Big Bang. If you would be so kind..." She motioned towards the phone.

 

He rolled his eyes. "Yo, hamster. You broke your promise."

Sunggyu's voice came rolling back, filled with anger, "I did no such thi-"

 

"Enough!" Sofia snapped, shifting from one foot to the other, causing her to move in and out of the shadow. She had made sure to stand on the very edge-just enough that they could see her, and yet, also enough that she felt comfortable with the soft, gentle darkness behind her to give her enough confidence and patience. "G-Dragon, we had gone over this before. Remember? I was simply checking to see if he could hear you, as well as getting you to introduce yourself to him. Or has Jiyong's excellent memory disappeared along with his sanity when you arrived?"

 

GD smirked, though the gesture did not meet his cold eyes that glared daggers at her. "Oh, I was making sure he heard me. And just reminding him. This is all his own fault."

 

Ignoring him, Sofia turned to her right. "Soohyun. If you would be so kind and civil." Her words had a biting tone. She did not want to be here, but it was necessary so she couldn't just leave. GD wasn't making it any easier for her either.

The UK leader was indeed polite, "I am Soohyun of UK of the Asian Hunters Association."

"Alright," Her left hand slipped into her jacket pocket where she Edward through the fabric. Changmin had insisted that she wasn't allowed to whip him out randomly due to a chance of misunderstanding. She still brought him along-the heavy solid weight of the gun hanging on her shoulder holester to hang down her side was as comforting as the shadow, if not more. "I want everyone to shutup and only speak when spoken to. This way, no one will have to go home in a body bag, or at least, with a few missing limbs. Understand? Good. TOP of Big Bang. What are Big Bang's conditions?"

 

The older man shot a look from her, to the phone, to UK, and back to her before speaking. "We want Kwon Franscesa back." The tone of his voice was low yet powerful so she didn't have to lean forward to catch his words.

GD twitched, before he narrowed his eyes. "And we want some of the S4S16-"

"No." TOP snapped, "We agreed to rejoin for the sake of collecting Franscesca back and to return to being Hunters. Killing the S4S16s when we get the girl back is out of the question. It was only if they refused."

 

The two stared at each other for a lengthly period of time, a few hushed, deadly angry words spoken to one another as silence covered the rest of the room. Finally GD looked away, his expression even more dark, any sign of his previous cruel humor gone.

"Are you done?"  Sofia asked, feeling a little impatient.

 

"Yes. We want the girl they have-Kwon Franscesca." TOP said, making the final decision having evidently won the arguement between himself and his leader. "She is a daughter of Kwon Jiyong, and since she is yet of legal age, and Big Bang had equal responsibility over her as Jiyong did, we want her returned to us. She'll be safe-no harm will become of her."

 

"And if they don't agree to give her back?"

 

TOP's face was stone cold. "Then we do what we do best. We will hunt them down and kill them all."

 

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

March 28, 2264
Singapore, Malay Peninsula
7:57 AM

 

 

 

The living room of their villa was crowded with the 14 people jam packed into it. The 2 two-seater couches were filled, with Soojung and Tae Joong settled into one on the left side of the room, and Sungjong and Dongwoo into the other, on the other side. Between the two couches was the three-seater couch, where Woohyun, Sunggyu and Mei sat, with Jinri and Sanghee perched on the right and left arm rest respectively. The single seater between them was occupied by both Sungyeol and Myungsoo with the former sitting comfortably on the latter. Fran was beside Soojung and Taejoong's couch, and Ji Ae was sitting up right and alert on the Persian carpet stretched over the hardwood floor. Hoya was leaning against the wall just behind Dongwoo and Sungjong's couch. 

The air was thick with tension, with Sunggyu leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, his hands clasped before his face and he stared seriously off into space while listening to Sofia ask the man, TOP, what Big Bang's demands were.

"We want Kwon Franscesa back."
 

The only movement in the room was of the few heads turning to stare at the girl, who looked down at the carpet, appearing embarrassed, worried and angry.

 

Muting the speaker on his side of the line, Sunggyu took a deep breath, "That was expected-"

"Are you going to 'give' me back?" Fran interrupted, asking the question that was on everyone's minds, staring even harder at the floor.

 

"No."

She looked up, startled.

He had remained stone faced for the most part, but spared a warm smile for a moment as he glanced at her. "You're one of us now. If we return you, GD might do something to you. As is there a chance the rest of Big Bang will too." He shifted his gaze back foward, his pupils undilating as he shifted through his thoughts. "Not only that, but giving you back may spare us of our live for a moment, but who knows? They might come after us a few days later, maybe weeks, maybe months-nothing will be there to hold them back. Plus, the guilt of returning you with a thought for your own well-being would never go away." There were several nods around the room, as well as guilty looks from those who had perhaps thought to return the girl. "Our group is a family. If we gave away those who were like us away as easily as that, we would have no loyalty or care in the world and wouldn't be able to remain together." His eyes were smiling gently at her again.

 

"Wait, what's going on?" Ji Ae edged closer to the table to hear the voices on the line louder.

 

"I think...I think TOP is...that's weird..." Dongwoo leaned forward as the voices faded out.

"What happened?" Sunggyu looked between them, "What did they say?"

 

The Nature Infinite cocked his head to the side. "I think Jiyo-I mean, GD was asking for some of us as well. Probably to torture or something. And, well, TOP wouldn't let him. I think they argued for a bit and now TOP is saying something about Fran being Big Bang's responsibility."

 

 Frowning, Sunggyu turned up the volume just as the Sofia began to speak again.

"And if they don't agree to give her back?"

Chills ran down everyones spines as the next words were spoken with cold confidence and lack of any empathetic emotion.


"Then we do what we do best. We will hunt them down and kill them all."

 

Sunggyu could barely feel the tightening grip of Woohyun's hand in his as his best friend reacted. He didn't know why he was so surprised and shocked-clearly Big Bang wasn't going to give up on getting Franscesca back that easily.

It was just-the sincerity of his voice made it seem as though Sunggyu's death was already part of a future carved in stone. Like he would never be able to fight back or save his friends.

Like he was going to die, and he couldn't do anything about it.

 

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

Sofia sighed-she had been hoping they weren't going to be throwing threats at one another, but she knew that would be rare. She hurried up the process and ignored TOP, turning to the other Hunters instead.

"U-K's Soohyun. What is your groups conditions?"

 

The man crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes. "We need 3 or more of those Infinites. We can't bargain for a lower price either."

Shifting her weight to the other foot, Sofia held the phone closer. "Well, Sunggyu. You heard the conditions. The only way for all of us to get out of here with out destroying the remainder of Singapore is for some of your group to split up. What say you?"

"Give us a moment to think."

 

Glancing at the dusty, cracked clock on the wall, she shrugged. "You have 10 minutes."


-v-v-v-

 

 

Half the room was yelling and arguing about what to do, whilst the other half said nothing.

 

"-have to go! If we don't, we'll all di-"

"-ight! At least if we fight, we have a chance together!"

"Could we run? Would we be able to get-"

"No, we should fight! Pick them off one by one!"

"Maybe Fran should...-"

"Enough!" Woohyun yelled, glaring around the room. "Just because you're yelling doesn't mean your opinion is more important. Why don't we talk like civilised people?!"

He swept an arm across the table infront of him, knocking the books and stray papers off. Setting down a notebook, he gestured towards Myungsoo, who silently tossed over a pen.

The shapeshifter looked up, anger causing his eyes to gain a redish sheen as he tried to control his short temper. "We're all ears for your suggestions, but there is one thing that we can not, and will not do. We will not be handing any of our team mates over like a bunch of pushovers."

"Maybe that's what we should do." Suddenly Myungsoo sat up, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "It's dangerous, but maybe it'll work. It's what they'll least expect."

Snatching his pen from the startled Woohyun's grip, Myungsoo pulled the notebook towards him and drew 3 circles. Beckoning everyone over to huddle around the table, he scibbled names into each of the circles. 

"Alright, see here. This one represents Big Bang. This one, UK. And lastly, this one is us." Myungsoo paused and looked up, meeting each and every person's eyes, one by one, landing lastly on the silent Sunggyu. "Now, I want you all to keep in mind that this is war-this isn't just a group of Hunters going after an unusually large amount of Infinites. No, this is much bigger. See, we have the power to stop this war. On terms of a cure, there aren't many who would be able to known how to create one. There are only so many Resistance leaders-the majority of the smaller countries have been taken over by the Hunters, so the Resistance has been restricted to mostly North America, China, Korea, Japan and some sections of Europe. It's extremely difficult to contact the leaders, which are a total of 4 at the moment. The head of the branches are just as difficult seeing as how the Hunters are beginning to pick them off-"

"Wait...who are the heads of the branches? And why does it matter now?" Soojung asked, furrowing her brows. She raised her hands in defense against the odd looks sent her way. "Hey, human here, remember?"

 

Flipping the paper over, Myungsoo continued to write as he spoke. "The only ones concerning us and directly effecting us are the North American, Korea, Japan and China branches. The Europe is basically the centre of the Hunters territory, so any of the Resistance branches there are few and far and have little to do with us. Anyways. Each of those countries has a Resistance branch and on each of those branches there is a leader selected to represent their country and help lead the resistance. The Leader from North America is known as Amber. It is her and two others, Alexander and Henry, who are heads of the NA branch. The leader of the Japanese Resistance is Kahi-she is the only one on the Japanese branch as well. The leader from China is a man named Hangeng. He has two fellow branch members, Zhoumi and Jia. Lastly, there is Korea's Resistance leader-Tablo. He has no other branch members."

 

He pulled back from the paper to look at her. "The reason that it matters is because they have the most control over the Infinites-they are the most likely candidates to know the cure for the Infinites. Or at least, they have the most access to that knowledge through their people. However, something may be stopping them, preventing them, from finding a cure of sorts. I mean, I can understand why North America and China are having troubles-Henry, Alexander and Zhoumi were captured, and there are rumors of Jia's death. Not to mention Tablo's recent disappearance can probably safely concluded as the Hunter's fault. That leaves only the 4 leaders left, and they probably don't have much time trying to find the fairytale of a cure while trying to stay alive and keeping the Resistance healthy and strong."

Myungsoo crookedly smiled, flipping back over the paper. "Which is why we are so important. We are now so close to the cure. No has ever been closer. What we do could change the lives of hundreds of thousands, even the lives of the millions of humans. So are you all willing to try and change the future for our fellow Infinites? Are you all willing to help find the cure?"

 

There was silence before Hoya broke it. "Of course we are, stopping asking stupid questions." Laughter rang out, releasing the tension and flooding everyone with ease they needed along with the confidence they had gathered from Myungsoo's explanation.

 

Nudging his friend none so gently on the shoulder, Woohyun grinned. "Alright loser. Tell us what we have to do."

"Well, I think hyung knows what I'm planning," He looked up at Sunggyu who had been smiling with pride at the younger man's idea.

Passing the pen over, he gestured towards the paper. "So, Sunggyu, what now?"


Glancing around again, Sunggyu smirked. "We do exactly what they want."

 

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

The whirring noise of other airplanes taking off sent a shiver down Sungyeol's spine. He knew only too well where their plane had taken them.

"When I pictured returning to my home country, I wasn't planning on coming back this way" Jinri murmured behind him, jingling her Power-blocking hand cuffs softly, causing him to swallow. Woohyun tried to give them a comforting smile, only to look slightly queasy. Only Sunggyu looked confident out of their little quartet.

"You live here?" AJ asked curiously, as Dongho walked past him pouting, nursing a hot&cold pack against his chest.

"Well, no, not anymore, but I did-"

"Hey, don't get talk with the Infinites. You'll get attached." Soohyun cuffed his teammate gently on the back of the head as he headed for the airport doors.

"We already have two to care about. Let's not increase the amount." He whispered. Hearing him, Kevin met eyes with his leader and gave him a sympathetic look. Sighing wearly, he lengthed his stride.

"Come on. Let's not keep BoA waiting."


-v-v-v-
 

"Give them what they want? So...us?" Sanghee looked confused, one among the many equally baffled faces.

Sunggyu continued to grin. "Yes. See, they all want part of our group right? And we want the cure and Tablo back, right? Here's our chance. Four of us will go with UK to the AHA headquarters. That's where the Top 10 meet back at, according to Doojoon and Hyunseung. That's also where Tablo will most likely held, since he's a leader of the Resistance. I will go, as it's clear any sense of foresight and advantage on the Hunters there will be handy. Not to mention, the scientists will find me more interesting since Time Infinites are rare." Looking around, he pointed at his best friend. "Woohyun, you'll also be going. We'll need you for your brawn and unpredictability. Jinri, you're coming for the fact that your Ice Power will put them off the scent if they suspect that we're planning something-it's too common, so hopefully they'll just assume that we're stupid. Sungyeol, you'll go as well-we'll need a quick escape plan, and your teleportation will come in handy, even if its only a certain distance at a time."

"This will be Group A. Understand? Good. Next..."

 

-v-v-v-

 

 

"Whoa, she looks so much older then the last time I saw her." Seungri grinned roguishly, ruffling Francesca's hair. The girl threw a deadly look his way, before turning away with her head high.

Smiling, Daesung shook his head. "I don't think she likes you very much."

"Maybe if I scratch her under the chin..." Reaching out, the Hunter's arm was suddenly knocked away, causing him to turn his head and raise a brow.

The glaring young man stepped closer to Francesca, clearly telling Seungri to back off. "She's not a pet," he snarled, practically bristling.

 

Snorting, Seungri rolled his eyes, "Listen, Lyungloo, or whatever-"

"Myungsoo!"

 

"Yeah, yeah, Myungsoo. Again, I don't actually care-"

"Seungri! Stop trying to pick fights with him." Taeyang crossed his arms and gave the younger man a disapproving look.

He just shrugged. "Hey, fine, I was just having fun. Now are you guys going to leave, or do I have to show you the door? I didn't get a lot of sleep last night-you know, lurking around the cargo boxes, sending death threats the S4S16's way, holding hostage meetings in the Dead City-I just couldn't seem to find a lot of time to sleep last night. I wonder way..."

Daesung was already out the door, leaving Taeyang in Seungri's foyer. "TOP and GD will come by later this afternoon to check on them before we head to AHA-If you need help setting up your defense system so they can't leave, just ring me, okay? Oh, and-"

"Yeah, yeah, mom, I got it." Shooing the protesting gunman out, Seungri closed the door with a snap, and leaned against it with a sigh.

"Damn, thank God that's over with. Now we just have to deal with the AHA tomorrow," Seungri muttered mutinously, before straightening up, all looks of exhaustion and anger disappearing to be replaced with wicked delight. Rubbing his hands together, he looked between Francesca and Myungsoo.

"So! What to do with you now..."

 


-v-v-v-


"...Group B. They're going to go with Big Bang." Sending an apologetic look Francesca's way, Sunggyu continued. "Fran will go, as she's the necessity within the bargain. However-they never said we had to only give them one hostage. Myungsoo, you're going as well. You're our best fighter, aside from Hoya. If worse comes to worse, and your lives are in danger, you're the most likely candidate to get the both of you out alive. Your Power is growing stronger by the day, and right now its at a level at which you could probably fight one of them and survive. You can also contact us with your Power-the last group will keep the walkie-talkies, so if you need to contact them, create one, tune to their frequency. You should be able to reach them."

"Lastly..."


-v-v-v- 

 

"I beginning to wonder if Sunggyu has some sort of speech Power-how did he talk us into this?" Hoya muttered, crouching amungst the rumble on the ground.

Dongwoo smiled distractedly, looking over his own chunck of rock to make sure the coast was clear. "Silly, this was Myungsoo's isea as well-if he did have a speech thing, Myungsoo is obviously infected by it as well."

"It's called sarcasm-," Hoya grumbled only to have Mei smack her hand across his mouth.

"Shutup! We don't want those things to hear us, do we?" She whispered fiercly, shooting a look into the shadows as something hairy and scaly skittered by.

 

They waited for the biting silence to overtake their street again before moving on, staying low to the ground and light footed.

 

They had to find her.

-v-v-v-

"Group C. Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungjong, Soojung, Tae Joong, Sanghee, Ji Ae and Mei. We need the largest group to stay out of the Hunter's way-you guys are our back up-both Group A's and B's. Stay in contact with Beast with the walkie talkies. Try not to draw attention to yourselves. But don't be lazy."

"How are we suppose to that?" Mei furrowed her brows, annoyed and confused.

Sunggyu gave her a soft smile. "Simple. When Group's A and B go to meet up with the Hunters in the Dead City, one of us will have a tracker on us, which Myungsoo will make for us. Follow the tracker on the reading device to get to the right building. Then from there, track Sofia down. We need to get in contact with her. The Dead City is also the perfect place to hide-only Big Bang is crazy enough to go in there-U-K was probably forced. No other Hunter Team will be dumb enough to go in there. Myungsoo, you'll need to make some sort of radiation detecting device that each of you can have-we'd like it if none of you grew a third limb or eye. Soojung, you're going to have to transfer your jet over to the City and hide it somewhere-I have no clue where, but good luck."

 

He looked around the circle of Infinites. "We've gotten this far. We can't give up now, so close to the end of this war. I just want to let all of you know that I'm proud to call you my friend's and I'm proud that I'm your leader."

A warm, touching silence came over them. Taking a deep breath and pulling himself together, Sunggyu smiled. "Let's go finish this thing."

 

 

 

A_A_A_A_A_A_A_A

 

 

 

A/N

Hello world, has it been that long?

 

Sorry about the delay people-and by delay, I mean the massive hiatus I went on~ Sooorry. Though on the brightside, my summer break is gonna be here in about 2 weeks, so yeah! AAAAALL THE CHAPTERS! Though I can't promise a consistancy until probably early-middle of July-why, you may ask? Because I'm graduaaaating~ From High schoool~ AALLL THE PARTIES! Not even an exaggeration there-Most people have like one grad party-my friend's and I are having 3. June 28, 29 and 30th. -_-"

If I'm not dead by alcohol poisoning by the third one, and if I survive my birthday party which will be about a week later (Birthday is July 6, whoo!), then I promise to try to get back on track with this story, like how it was when I first started it <3

I love you all and thank you for waiting!

(I'm not going to do comment replies because I'm a lameass and it's been months so I probably won't have a clue as to what half of you are talking about >>" Sorry about that-I'LL DO THEM NEXT TIME THOUGH)

Thanks to all the reads, subscribers and commentors!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Love,

WhosThere13

 

P.S
I'd like to thank
Fran and Sofia and Wynthe for all being awesome <3 THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH *bursts into tears*