Answers and Outlets

Just Love Me, For Me

Kai

 

Neither one said anything for a few minutes. Kris did back off which brought some relief to Kai. The younger was unsure if he was being genuine about not using him. They made it to the upscale restaurant soon enough. The air was stuff around them as a hostess led them to a private area.

They were alone and Kai knew he should be happy but how can he? Kris will realize the poor teen isn't what he wants and kick him out. That’ll be a relief and a heart break.

“Listen to me.” Kris hit Kai’s hand with the menu. He hadn’t even looked at it. “Order something, I’m not feeding you later.” He nodded and looked at it. Thankfully he found something simple and easy. The runaway had last most if not all of his appetite. “Kai.” He looked at him. “Are you not going to say anything to me?” He shrugged and looked at his hands.

“What’s there to say?” Kris frowned.

“Come here, let me fix your collar.” The younger looked away but leaned towards his hand. He had forgotten Kris had given him a hickey. “There.” His thumb caressed his cheek before pulling back.

“Thanks.”

“Do you hate that I did that?”

“No.” Kai sighed and played with his sleeve cuffs.

“Do you hate yourself?” Kai laughed at the question.

“Don’t ask me that.”

“Oh.” A server came and left. Their food was given in silence and Kai knew this wasn’t how Kris wanted this to go. The car ride to his place will be quiet as well. What was there to say? He can’t justify that Kai wasn’t being used. The younger mulled over his food, suddenly remembering he had something important to ask him. “You’re so annoying.” Kris huffed.

“What?”

“You’re annoying.”

“I didn’t say anything?”

“Yes you did.”

“What did I do then?” Kai was also getting annoyed by the childish behavior.

“You started questioning me like you always do and now I can’t even have a nice dinner with you.” Kai rolled his eyes.

“You’re the worst.”

“You’re the one that ruined everything.”

“Yeah well I didn’t ask for you to take me in. I didn’t ask to like you or for you to start kissing me. You did all of that on your own.” Kris opened his mouth but Kai stopped him. “No, I don’t want to hear it. You’re just gonna use your, ‘I should be grateful’  card on me. I would have been more grateful if you had left me there.” Kris remained quiet. “If you can’t admit that you’re using me or taking advantage of my situation then this really is your fault. So stop getting upset at me because you can’t get your together.”

“I can’t believe you have the audacity to say that. I though you the clothes you’re wearing, bought the meal you’re eating and-” Kai stood up and started to his shirt. No one was around them. “What are you doing?” It was weird hearing Kris’ voice so panicked.

“Taking your clothes off me.” The rich kid quickly stood and grabbed his hands.

“Stop it. Damn it Kai. Stop, stop proving how wrong I am.” Kris kept moving the youngers hands away. “Stop okay? I’m sorry.” Kai stopped and Kris quickly buttoned his shirt. Why hadn’t he looked at the runaway? “Damn it Kai.” The rich teen whispered.

“Can we leave?” Kai whispered back.

“Yeah.” Kris turned and touched a small tablet to pay. “Come on.” He got his phone out and Kai followed him to the exit. “Damn it.” He continued to mutter curses under his breath.

“You said-”

“Can you wait please? Until we get home.”

“To your place.” He corrected. Kris let out a breath but didn’t say anything. The car ride was worse then dinner. Awkward and way too quiet. Kris was so much different then the younger remembered. then again, he was sure he wasn’t any better.

 

They went up to Kris’ room and the mansion felt so much bigger. The older closed the door and Kai immediately looked at him.

“You said to stop trying to prove you wrong. Why?”

“I’m not using you.” He rubbed his face “In no way am I purposely using you. I don’t want to hurt you anymore then I already have. Yes, I like kissing you, yes I both can’t ing stand you and like you’re company. I though I was straight but now I’m, not sure. Stop trying to label me down as something.”

“You like kissing me?”

“Yeah.” Kris sighed out. “I did it as a dumb spur of the moment thing but yes, I like kissing you.” Kai nodded. That definitely answered a few things.

“I’m sorry for earlier.” He mumbled.

“Don’t be it’s my fault. I’m gonna-I’m gonna be back in a bit okay? I need to know if mail or packages came while I was out.”

“Okay.” Kai didn’t mean to make him look and sound so defeated. “No.” He shook his head. That was necessary. All of that was necessary to get an explanation out of Kris. Kai wasn’t something for him to play around with. Kai changed and laid down. His old clothes were much more comfortable.

He said the kiss was a spur of the moment thing. What were we doing? We had just got back in the car. Yeah, he was being a lot more verbally forceful for me to shut up. He just looked at me though. He looked at me and I remember backing up. Kris kissed me before I could say anything. Was that really a spur of the moment thing?

“Damn it.” Kai shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. “Products.” He mumbled when his hair felt stiff and gel got on his fingers. He got up to take a shower. Kris left like a coward anyway, he won’t be back for a bit.

 

Kris wasn’t gone long. He called to the younger but he was asleep in bed. Turns out Kai was just ignoring him. Refusing to hear whatever the spoiled kid had to say. The teen gently placed his hand on the runaway’s head. He sighed then walked away. Still, Kai refused to acknowledge everything about that.

 

“Hey, Kai come on, wake up.” He groaned and looked at his bully.

“What?”

“I’m leaving for school.”

“Why are you smiling?” Kai rubbed his face.

“You look cute.”

“What?” Kris leaned down to him.

“I’ll make sure someone stays close if you need anything.” Kai eyed him suspiciously as he nodded. “I said you were cute.”

“Why?” Kris shrugged as Kai sat up.

“I’d kiss you if you weren’t acting so against it.” He stared at Kai for a moment before turning away.

“Then do it.” He mumbled despite himself.

‘I heard that.”

“shut up.” Kris came back to him.

“Gonna stop me?” Kai stared at him. His heart quickened and he wanted it, he really did, but was it worth it?

“I don’t know.” Kris was getting closer. The younger closed his eyes when their lupus met. Kris was warm; the hand securely on the back of his neck was nice. Kai gave in and really, how could he not? He pulled Kris closer and started to kiss him back. He was going to feel like anyway. Might as well enjoy it. Kris was caught off guard but he kissed him back. Letting the younger lead in whatever this was. It was warm, sweet and it felt so good Kris didn’t want to move. He’s kissed before sure but never like this. He never wanted it like this. Kris pulled back. Not like this; not right now.

“I’ll check on you later.” The rich teen cleared his throat and moved away.

“Okay.” He left. Kai let out a frustrated sound. As expected, he felt digested with himself.

 

Kris

 

The lonely teen checked his phone. No messages meant his guest must be doing okay on his own. It had only been a few hours so high chance he was still sleeping. Still, maybe he should tell Irene to check on him. It would ease his mind knowing the troublemaker wasn’t wandering around unattended.

‘Kris,” Lay called for his attention. “How is Kai doing?” The older shrugged and kept to his phone.

“He’s fine.” He answered after a few moments. “Idiot hasn’t stumbled upon something he shouldn’t yet.

“I’m sure if he did we would know about it.” Luhan laughed brightly.

“Don’t be like that. I’m sure Kris likes him too much.” He shot Xiumin a look.

“He’s mad at me.” He put his phone away. Tao snorted and asked,

“For what?”

“We made out for fun and he took it personally.”

“Kris,” Xiumin was giving him a dangerous look. “Why would you do that to him?”

“I said for fun. It isn’t my fault he took it too seriously.”

“That doesn’t mean you can just do that. You know how he feels about you.”

“Yeah Kris that’s kind of low man.” Lau scrunched his face up in concentration as he looked at the table.

“No it’s not.” Tao spoke. “It’s his own fault for thinking he has a chance. Besides, there’s something more important to talk about.”

“Like what?” Luhan was looking at him.

“Mother’s getting married.”

“Already?” The two blondes spoke together. Xiumin’s gaze stayed on Kris.

“Yeah she told me this morning. By ‘she told me’ I mean she had a maid tell me.”

“I assume she didn’t want to hear an earful.” The oldest mumbled. He left Kris be. For now.

“I heard that!”

“Who’s she marrying?”

“Don’t know.” The youngest shrugged. “I haven’t been told anything. I’m sure he’ll be like the last ones.”

“Tao your mother really gets around you know that?” Lay snorted at Luhan’s words.

“You’re telling me! She already tried to get with a CEO but of course him, being young, saw right through her. It’s ridiculous.” He shook his head. “At least the last one bothered to give me money.” He grumbled.

“Tao, me and you need to have a talk later.” Xiumin shook his head disappointedly.

“Why?”

“I’ll tell you later.” He pointed to Kris. “Don’t think I forgot. Come on, we have class to get to.” He got up and the bell sounded off. Of course he didn’t forget, how could he?

 

Xiumin’s eyes were on him all practice. He purposely threw the ball harder to flat out pushing Kris down. Of course Coach saw it as the older trying to prove himself as the better Captain. Coach eventually called the end and they all went inside. Kai wasn’t waiting outside. Kris was going to be pissed if the runaway wasn’t in his room or the garden,

“Kris,” Xiumin grabbed his arm. “Talk to me.”

“ off.” He jerked his arm away. The others had already left and the brat had been stewing in his own anger.

“No.” He grabbed him again but Kris went to throw a punch. Thankfully Xiumin was used to this behavior and caught the fist without much of a thought. “Stop.” He calmly spoke. “I’m on your side. It’s just us.” He dropped his fist. "Now," Xiumin stepped back. "Talk to me."

"You're not gonna let me out of this are you?"

"No. Especially not after what you did to him."

"What I've done to him? Like giving him a place to stay and-"

"You're going to give him Stockholm Syndrome."

"Give him what?" Xiumin shook his head.

"Not important. What are you playing at with him? You know how he feels and I know you. I know you're using your help to keep him from asking questions."

"I'm not playing anything with him. Kissing him was a spur of the moment thing. I already told him that."

"So you used him?"

"I didn't use him." Kris hit the ers next to the older. "You're pissing me the off Xiumin." He warned.

"Good. If you aren't using then when is he leaving?"

"Leaving?"

"Yes, leaving. He can't stay there forever and you obviously don't want him to. If you're really just giving him a place to stay he should be leaving soon. Kai can stay with me."

"Oh that. He isn't staying with you."

"Why does it matter who he stays with?" Damn it. "Do you like kissing him?" Kris shrugged.

"It's just kissing. Don't change the topic. He's fine at my place."

"You said it was a spur of the moment, have you kissed him since?" Kris was silent for a moment.

"This morning." He admitted. "I kissed him before I left. He was annoyed with himself about it." The anger was gone.

"You're killing him." Xiumin leaned on the lockers with his Captain. "You're actually killing him about this. Kai wants to kiss you but you're being such an about it he's hating you. Kris, you need to talk to him or stop."

"I'll talk to him I guess." Xiumin hit his arm gently.

"It won't be hard if you tell him you have no feelings for him." Pause. "You don't have romantic feelings for him right?" He stayed quiet. "Kris do you-"

"I don't know!" He turned away. The older sighed and backed off before he got mad.

"Alright nevermind it will be hard." Thanks.

"I need to go. I don't know what he's been doing all day."

"Don't trust him?"

"He tried to touch something." Xiumin laughed.

"Trying to and actually doing are different Kris."

"See you around."


 

"Irene!" Kris called for her when he got home.

"Yes Master Kris?" She was at the top of the stairs, waiting for him.

"Where is he?" He went up the stairs. The woman remained quiet as she watched him check his room. He threw his bag down. Kai's stuff was still there so he didn't leave. "The garden?" She shook her head. "Where the hell is he then?"

"It seems we have a room made for him."

"What the hell does that even mean?" He was becoming irritated.

"Did you know he likes to dance?"

"Dance?" It took Kris a moment but he went back downstairs and to the back of the house. Why would Irene let him in there? Kris went across the garden to a one room studio in the back. It wasn't too big but it was used when Kris was forced to learn traditional dances. The older could feel the vibrations as he got closer to the door.

"Master Kris, wait a moment please."

"What?"

"Just, be nice. He was very happy about it and was quick to turn it on." He nodded and opened the door.

A loud bass echoed into the world until he stepped in and closed the door. Kai's footwork was fast and definitely something Kris wasn't used to seeing. The younger moved across the floor with the beat. Occasionally going down to the floor or stopping to do tricks. Kris stood there and watched him. The music eventually stopped, Kai grabbed a towel and bottle of water. He knew Kris was there as soon as he walked in but had ignored him till now.

"The staring was creepy but thanks for letting me finish." He stopped the music from repeating.

"I told you to stay in my room or the garden."

"In my defense," He took a drink. "I haven't left the garden." The runaway's smile got a glare from the rich teen.

"Don't act cute." The smile dropped.

"Calm down." He rolled his eyes. "I thought you'd like better. It's not like you're using it." He walked over.

"Irene gave you clothes?"

"Yeah. Said they were old and you didn't need them anymore." That woman.

"Well you're done so let's go."

"What? Why? Just two more hours, please?" He stepped in front of Kris. "I'm almost done with the song."

"I thought you were freestyling?"

"The end but I've been making it as I go."

"Master Kris." Tristan. "You're needed in the west wing." He saw the urgency in the servant's eyes.

"Two hours." He pointed to Kai. The younger nodded with a bright smile. Kris followed the other man into the main house. "Update me."

"Trespasser but Sir, she's a child." He stopped.

"A child?"

"Yes. No older then nine. Lucy was thinking she was eight or seven. She's filthy and starved." Kris sighed.

"I'll have Lucy talk to her. I'll watch from the glass. Send for the cook, something simple. We don't know how much she can eat before her body rejects it."

"Yes Sir." The servant left but Kris' name was called again.

"Master Kris." Haley came running down the hall. "We found her pregnant mother outside the gate."

"Is she with the child?"

"Yes. They only speak Chinese."

"Okay. Kai is in the studio right now. In two hours take him to my room with fresh clothes. He'll eat there without me."

"Yes Sir." She left down the hall. What a mess.


 

Kai

 

A new girl went to get him. She seemed calm and sweet but her eyes said something else. She handed Kai clean clothes when they got to Kris' empty room. He stopped her from leaving.

"Can you get me Irene please?"

"Yes Master Kai. She'll be here after your shower."

"Thank you." Let's see if Irene will tell him what's going on. After twenty minutes Irene came and closed the door behind her.

"Busy day?" Kai laughed at her slightly erratic state.

"Yes. What did you need?" Kai shrugged from the bed.

"Where's Kris?"

"Taking care of official urgencies."

"Is he now?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"Must be pretty bad.

"Well it's definitely unusual."

"Really?" She smiled at him.

"I know what you're doing and try all you want these lips are sealed." Kai shrugged.

"I'm only curious about what has everyone worked up."

"Mhm. The kitchen is making you food. Kris will be busy till late. Now, if you really need something, a maid will be down the hall." She left.

"Damn it." Irene was smarter then he thought. He should have known though. Someone of Kris' wealth doesn't hire idiots. Whatever was happening must be serious. Kai let out an exhale and fell back on the bed. He hates being in this room.

 

Kai woke up to the door opening. He hadn't realized he even went to sleep. Sitting up, he watched Kris go into the bathroom.

"Go back to sleep." The sink briefly before he came out.

"What happened?" Kris sat on the daybed.

"You don't need to know."

"Was it bad?" The rich teen sighed out and looked at his hands. "What's wrong?" Kai whispered, he was getting concerned.

"You shouldn't like me." He mumbled.

"Kris?" The older moved closer and kissed him. His hand came up to gently Kai's cheek. Why was it so gentle? "Kris-" He backed up.

"I'm sorry." They kissed again. It was sweet. So wonderfully sweet. Kris pulled back first but refused to look at the other.

"I love you." Kai blurted out in a pathetic whisper.

"Why?" Kris whispered back. "I'm terrible, the ing-" Kai shut him up with another kiss. They grabbed at each other tightly; Kris had to push back to keep from falling back on the bed. "I can't keep doing this to you." The rich teen put his face against Kai's neck. "Xiumin was right, this isn't fair to you." Xiumin? Kai threaded his hand through the olders hair. "I'm sorry." He breathed out. "I'm sorry."

"Kris, you should sleep." What the hell happened?

"Lay with me." The dancer shook his head.

"We shouldn't. We both need sleep." Kris shook his head.

"You don't understand what I had to do." Then tell me. "Please, lay with me. Just this once."

"You'll go to sleep?" Kai sighed.

"Yes."

"I'm going to regret this but fine."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing if you don't mean it."

"I do though." They moved to the bed. This really was a bad idea. Kai was facing the wall and Kris was close behind him. All the younger could smell was him. "Kai." He mumbled.

"Go to sleep." An arm went around his waist.

"Okay."