Enter Xiumin

Just Love Me, For Me

Kai

 

"Irene can you take me to the dance room again?"

"Yes but only because I know you'll go there anyway." He smiled at her.

"Sorry?" She shook her head as they made their way to the garden. "Kris wasn't in the right state of mind last night, will he be okay?"

"What did he do?" She made a face.

"Nothing. Just made me sleep next to him." She nodded.

"He'll be alright. I'm sure he'll return to his normal self when he returns from school."

"Will he be upset that I'm in there again?"

"Possibly." She mulled over before saying, "I'll have the kitchen prepare you a refreshing drink and a light lunch for later."

"Thank you." Kai went to the computer and turned everything on. He needed something loud today. Something to let loose on. Forget about everything-Kris-and embrace the music. Kai let his body react to the sounds and vibrations as he stretched. He needs this.

 

Kai went back inside for cooler air and a small lunch. He came back in on his own and went straight to the dining room. Kai did have that moment of maybe waiting for Irene but decided to just go. I know my way to the garden, the dining room and Kris' room. It's fine.

The server hesitated when Kai said 'thank you'. That alone spoke volumes about Kris. Nothing Kai didn't already know though. He doesn't want to think about Kris right now. The younger looked down at his sandwich. It reminded him of when he was a kid. Kai didn't want to think about that either.

"Master Kai, Master Kris has called for you."

"Oh," He put his cup down and took the phone. "Thank you." The servant bowed and left. "Hello?"

"What are you doing?"

"Eating lunch." The older didn't sound upset or worried so that was good. "I was dancing earlier and I'll go back after this."

"I guess that's acceptable." Kai rolled his eyes.

"I'm not staying in your room all day."

"I know."

"Are you at lunch right now?"

"Yes. I wanted to check on you. And, apologize, for the way I acted last night."

"You made me worried. Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine. I had to deal with something very important. Anyway, I might not come home tonight. Will you be alright by yourself?'

"Yes. You know I'll be in the dance room right?"

"Yes. Don't pass out in there. I won't let you back if you do."

"I won't. What are you doing then?"

"Since I've been so occupied with you, I haven't had time to play." Basketball.

"Go then. I'll be fine on my own. I'm sure Irene won't let me wander around."

"I'm still thinking about it. Finish your meal and don't dance right away."

"I won't."

"Bye."

"Bye." Kai rolled his eyes and handed the phone back. What an idiot.

 

Kai slammed down onto the bed. He already started to hurt. The pain usually doesn't hurt till after twenty four hours but his whole body was starting to feel pain. Maybe dancing till 9pm wasn't the brightest idea but no one stopped him. He only found out why when he walked back inside. He watched Irene's face as she realized he got forgotten about. She very quickly had the kitchen make him a good meal.

As soon as Kai took a drink of water he remembered how important that water and food was. Maybe he should pester Kris for a bigger water bottle to keep in the dance room. It was almost midnight by the time he ate, showered and got ready for bed. His hair was still wet though but it was far too much energy to get up and deal with that. Kai knew he'd be regretting how hard he pushed himself tomorrow.

 

"Kai come on." The runaway groaned at the sound of Kris' voice.

"Stop"

"Kai." He grabbed the younger's arm and made him sit up. "Let's go."

"What time is it?" The demand in Kris' voice wasn't working.

"5:30am not get the up. We need to go."

"5am!" Kris threw him a shirt.

"Shut up and get dressed." Kai groaned and did his best to stand.

"Where are my bags?" They weren't under the bed.

"I'll explain in the car, hurry up." Pants got thrown next to him. With a sigh, he changed. Irene had shoes for him and a bag for Kris. "Why are you limping? What's wrong with you?" Kai struggled to get the shoes on.

"I'm sore from dancing." He knew he'd regret it. "I'll be okay in the car." Kris gave him a look but nodded. The rich teen was a bit nicer to him as they got to the car.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Kai relaxed in his seat. "I didn't realize how much I worked my body." He took a drink from the water bottle Kris handed over. "It being 5am doesn't help you know."

"My parents are coming. We had to leave. If they knew you were here you'd be arrested for trespassing.'

"Where are we going then?"

"A hotel." Kai nodded and sipped his water. "Go back to sleep, we'll get food later."

"I might be bed ridden for a few days."

"That's fine. You'll be staying there for a while."

"Can I leave the hotel? It's not like you'll be there to stop me." Kris sighed with closed eyes.

"I guess but we're getting you a phone first."

"I have a phone."

"A heavily out dated one that will soon not be paid for anymore." Right. "Hello?" Kris  answered his phone. Kai drowned it out and rested his head on the window. It was cold and felt nice against the hit skin.

 

"There's Epsom salt in the bathroom if you can take a bath.' Kris was getting ready to leave for school.

"I'm not soaking in salt." The runaway mumbled into a pillow.

"It helps with sore muscles." There was a moment of silence.

"Can you leave already?" Kai moved to sit up on his elbows.

"In a second." He disappeared into the bathroom. "Okay, now I'm leaving. Someone will come by later to drop off a new phone. Be up to get it." Kris sat next to him. "Don't fall asleep in the bath." Kai rolled his eyes.

"Why would I do that?" The older smiled and leaned down. "Don't." Kai dropped his head.

"Okay. I'll call you later." He nodded and waited a bit longer to get up.

"Can I even make it to the bathroom?" He mumbled.

 

The new phone already had Kris' number as if that wasn't creepy. He messed around with it for a little before getting bored and hungry. There was nothing for him to eat unless he orders room service. He reached for it on the nightstand. Kai threw it back down when he saw how much the food actually was.

"Wait," he grabbed it. "Kris is rich who cares." He ordered it and sent said teen a text.

 

Kris

 

I ordered room service

 

Are you paying for it?

 

Nope

 

You're in debt to me.

 

I've been in debt to you.

 

Kai had fallen back to sleep when Kris came back. He must be on the phone as he definitely wasn't talking to Kai. So he didn't bother moving.

"What did you do to him?" Kai sat up and looked at Xiumin. "Oh, hello Kai." He smiled warmly.

"Hi. What are you doing here?'

"As much as I really don't want to, you're going to his place. My parents will be here longer then I thought."

"My place is a lot less intense then Kris'. We aren't leaving yet so you can keep resting." Xiumin smiled again.

"I can't tell if those are genuine or fake and it's kind of off putting." Kris laughed.

"Go to sleep Kai. I just came to grab something." They left but Kai waited a bit longer to lay back down. There goes finding a j9b and distancing himself from Kris. Kai exhaled deeply and closed his eyes.

 

"Kris." The younger reached for him. The rich teen walked over a bit faster then he thought he would.

"What are you doing?" Using him to steady himself, Kai slowly stood up. "You're still in that much pain?"

"Yeah. I told you I was sore. It's been a really long time since I've been able to dance so I didn't hold back. Besides, Irene forgot about me and there's no clock in there." Kris let out an annoyed sound.

"Damn it Kai." He said but it held no value. "Can you make it down?"

"Maybe." The younger let go but he didn't. "You need to let go so I can walk."

"Okay." He moved back. Kai refused to think about that and walked to the end of the bed.

"I can walk." It hurt but he could do it.

"Let's go down then." Kris grabbed his bag and they walked down to meet Xiumin.

"You're driving?" The younger was surprised there was no servant either.

"Unlike Kris, I don't make people do everything for me." The car felt a lot more expensive then the one Kris had them riding around in. "My home is a bit further out but we'll eat dinner shortly after arrival. You'll have your own room, is that alright?"

"Yes thank you."

"You're trusting him?"

"I have no reason not to." Kris gave Kai a look.

"What?"

"He's going to break something." The spoiled teen faced forward.

"No I won't."

"It's okay Kai, I don't believe him. You might not be able to tell, but I can see his ulterior motives." Ulterior motives? He looked at Kris who ignored him. Kai leaned back and decided not to worry about it. He fell asleep instead. The car ride was long enough for Kai to doze off twice. Kris even fell asleep but it seems he was awake now. How can Xiumin go to school if he lives so far? He either must have paid or used a different address.

 

Finally the car pulled into a driveway. Wow, what a shocker, Xiumin's house was similar to Kris'. His was taller instead of wide. There were no maids or servants to invite them inside or open their doors.

"Keep up Kai." Kris called to him. The youngest stayed closer to the nicer one as they walked through his house.

"My room is here." He tapped on a door labeled 'Xiu'. It looked old, almost like a child made the sign. "This is Kris'." He pointed across to a door with a 'K'. Next to it was labeled with a 'T'. "You'll be next to Tao's room."

"Thank you." There were two more doors next to Xiumin's labeled 'L' and 'Lu'. All the signs looked old.

"There are clothes waiting on the bed, I'll get you when dinner is ready." Kai nodded and mumbled another 'thanks'. He sighed against the door and rubbed his face. He could already feel how bad this is going to go. Standing straight, he went to the bed. The white sweater was soft and he was surprised to see sweatpants next to it.

"Much better." The room was lightly decorated, paintings, a vanity and a dresser. Even though it was calm here, he still preferred the hotel. At least there he didn't have to worry about messing something up.

"Kai?" He heard through the door. It took a few moments for him to open it. "We aren't dining far." Xiumin smiled.

"Okay." Kris didn't look at him and he was truly starting to hate this.

"As you are still in pain, I had the kitchen make you something that will help you sleep. There's also medicine in the bathroom if you need it."

"Thank you Xiumin." They entered a small dining room. It had a round table with six chairs. I guess this is where the five of them eat. It feels wrong to be here. Kai felt a little safer sitting closer to Xiumin then Kris. The glare he sent only proved that point. The food was placed in front of them and Kai didn't waste time eating. He wants to end this as quickly as possible.

"You'll be given freedom to explore the house when you feel better. Try to spend some time outside while we're at school. There are balconies at the ends of the halls."

"Okay."

"You shouldn't be giving him this much freedom."

"I'll say this again as you need a reminder, he has yet to do something that requires restrictions." Kai exhaled softly and stood.

"Thank you Xiumin but I'll be going to bed now."

"Goodnight Kai."

"Goodnight." He bowed his head and tried to leave as normal as he could.

 

Kris

 

"Why are you being like this?"

"I already told you." Kris put his chopsticks down.

"You're making him hate you."

"Isn't that good?"

"No." Xiumin shook his head before looking at his friend.

"Not at all. You were supposed to talk to him."

"Why bother?"

"You're worse then Tao." He sighed.

"Excuse me? How the hell am I worse then Tao?"

"You led Kai on, shut up and let me finish. You led him on, kiss him when you know he loves you and now you're back to being your heartless self."

"That doesn't explain-"

"You're being a brat who isn't getting their way so now you're being cold to him instead of talking." Kris glared at him. "Was that better for you?"

" you." Kris got up.

"Kris." He grabbed his arm. "All I'm asking is for you to talk to him. Wait for him to feel better then talk to him."

"I don't need to."

"Yes you do. Come on." They walked to the olders room. "Talk to me first. You aren't good with your emotions."

"I'm gonna beat the out of you." Xiumin laughed at the empty threat. Kris face planted into the luxurious bed. The older smiled and sat down next to him; his fingers going through blond hair.

"Let's start soft."

"Don't word it like that."

"Shut up. What do you want from Kai?"

"That's 'soft'?"

"Try to answer the question." Kris moved to rest his cheek against the comforter.

"I don't know Xiumin." He finally answered honestly. "I don't want anything. I wasn't trying to use him." Kris sat up and Xiumin stopped touching him.

"Then what were you trying to do?"

"He looked attractive. I wasn't thinking it would turn into this big thing."

"He loves you."

"I know. I feel like a bastard for it. It was a in the moment thing I wasn't thinking. He looked attractive so I did what I would have done with anyone."

"You called him slurs, bullied him, hurt him."

"I stopped calling him that as soon as I realized and you know that. I'm well aware of what I've done to him."

"You turned the school against him."

"Xiumin please."

"No, you need to realize what you've done."

"I know what I've done! I made people hate him and probably helped make him hate himself. I'm giving him even more reasons."

"What are you going to do then?"

“Attempt to talk to him, say something stupid that causes a fight and we either kiss or he hates me even more.”

“At least it’s honest.” The younger rolled his eyes before looking at his friend.

“How come you never did anything? To stop me?”

“Retaliate against the basketball Captain? Think about what would have happened if I or someone else stepped in. I’m just as bad as you are Kris. The only difference is I’m trying to make it up to him.”

“Yeah okay.”

“It’s late, we have school tomorrow so shower and get some sleep.”

“Okay.”

 

“Kai?” Kris knocked on his door. “I’m coming in.” He waited a few extra seconds before walking in. The younger was still in bed. “Feel any better?”

“You’re loud.” The older rolled his eyes and moved into the room.

“Do you feel better?” Kris asked again, quieter.

“Why do you care?” Kris let out a slow loud sigh. Kai laughed deeply. “Yeah I do. Doubt I can walk well but I’ll stretch later. “Are you two going to school?”

“Yeah.” Kai frowned. “What?”

“Stop looking at me like that.”

“Like what?”

“Like you’re going to kiss me.”

‘“Are you going to stop me?”

“I can’t.” Kris kissed his head.

“Go back to sleep.” Kai grabbed his hand and sat up.

“What’s wrong?” He didn’t look at the older as he continued to hold onto him. “Kai.”

“Nothing, nevermind. Go to-” He put his other hand against Kai’s cheek. “Kris.”

“ up.” He kissed him. Kai held Kris’ hand tighter until he let go. “I’ll check on you later.”

“Okay.” Kai his lips and looked down. Kris left the room maybe a bit too quickly.

“What did you do?” Xiumin asked with his arms crossed. Kris opened his mouth to say something but was cut off. “Don’t bother saying nothing because I can tell you did something.” Kris closed his mouth and walked away. “Kris.” Xiumin called. The older shook his head and caught up with his friend.

“Who’s taking us?”

“Me.”

“You?”

“I didn’t get my license for nothing Kris.” They got to his car. Kris would have preferred silence but he hasn’t answered and the older absolutely has more to ask. “What did you do?” Here we go.

“I kissed him.”

“Kris.” That tone reminded him of his absent mother.

“Shut up. I kissed his head then it escalated front here. I pulled away from him even though he clearly wanted me to stay.”

“Terrible. You’re completely terrible.” Xiumin shook his head. “Did what I tell you mean nothing?”

“I was only checking on him.”

“You can’t blame him for wanting to kiss you when you keep doing it.”

“ off.” He crossed his arms.

“If you’re that desperate for I’m sure you can find someone who’s willing.”

“I don’t want to have with anyone.”

“Then what’s your deal with Kai?”

“I don’t know yet.”

“Then stop kissing him until you figure it out.”

“I can’t. I can’t stop myself when it comes to him. It’s how this started in the first place.”

“How far have you gone with him?”

“Just kissing and the hickey. We always start fighting before anything else.”

“Is that it?” He pressed.

“Yeah. He did lay with me when I had to do that thing.”

“The mother incident?”

“Yeah.” He exhaled and rubbed his face.

“Do you want some food?”

“Sure.” Xiumin finally dropped it. For now at least. Kris needs time to figure out how he’s gonna talk to Kai without being an idiot. How will he be able to talk honestly without Kai getting mad at him?

“You’re stressing.” The older commented.

“A little. Don’t know how I’m gonna talk to him. It won’t help if we start fighting or one of us leaves.”

“No it won’t but you can’t avoid it completely.  Your personalities clash already, fighting is bound to happen.”

“I guess I’ll call him later.”

“Okay.”

 

“How are you feeling?”

“My arms don’t anymore. Can’t say the same for my legs.”

“Have you eaten?”

“Yeah. Someone came by with a menu. It was, different.”

“Xiumin’s weird about how he does things.”

“No kidding. I was going to get some fresh air and walk on the balcony.”

“It’s windy so get a jacket from the closet.”

“Okay.” Kai laughed.

‘I’ll text you when we’re on the way home.”

“Okay. Bye.”

“Bye.” Kris went back to the table. Tao latched himself onto the older. “Can I help you?”

“I’m cold.” Kris rolled his eyes.

“How’s Kai doing?” Luhan asked.

“He’s fine.”

“Just fine?”

“What do you want from me Xiumin? He's doing fine.”

“If it was just fine then why were you two talking for so long?” I hate you. Lay laughed softly.

“He said he’s fine, ate and was going to walk around. Happy?”

“Yes.” He smiled.

“I’m gonna kick your later.”

“Don’t be that way Kris.” Kay shook his head.

“Shut up before you join him.”

“Stop threatening people.” Tao hit Kris’ arm.

“I will push you away from me.” He pouted and held onto him tighter. “Why do you three even care about him?” Lay shrugged disinterested.

“You're an to him and I like updates.” Luhan answered honestly.

“You’re using him and I want you to admit why.” Kris rolled his eyes.

“Wait Xiumin had a good point, I'm here for that.” Luhan  laughed and Lay’s sudden interest.

“Tao for once, you’re the only one I don’t hate right now.”

“Thank you.” He got closer. “Mother’s husband has a son. He’s around our age.”

“When do you meet him?”

“Don’t know yet. Apparently the ‘marriage’ will be settled over paperwork instead of a ceremony.

“I’m sure you appreciate that.”

“Of course I do!” Tao nodded. “I’ll take anything over a boring wedding and mother’s terrible acting. Ugh. I don’t even want to thin about how clingy she’d be,”

“At least we know where you get it from.” Luhan mumbled into his drink.

“What did you say!” Not quiet enough.

“Hey, no yelling.” Kris shoved him but Tao didn’t seem to care.

“You’re not any better! We know you and Lay are holding hands under the table.” Xiumin snorted and looked away, not wanting to get involved. Kris groaned as the bickering began.


 

Kai

 

How long does it take you to get here?

 

About an hour and twenty minutes

Why

 

*Image*

 

No. I don’t allow this

 

You aren’t here to stop me


 

"What’s wrong Kris?”

“Kai found the ing dance studio.”

“He can dance?” Lay picked his head up. Kris shrugged and threw his phone in his bag.

“Let’s go before Coach yells at us.” They went to the court to start practice. It wasn’t going great and Kris knew Xiumin was annoyed with him. The older pulled him aside as Coach yelled for break.

“Where is your head right now?” He whispered harshly.

“Sorry.” The team was staring.

“You’re worried about him aren’t you?” He glared at Xiumin but it didn’t last long.

“He’s gonna hurt himself.” Kris mumbled and felt like an idiot about it.

“You can yell at him when we get home. In the meantime, please focus on practice.”

“Captain and Co, we good?”

“Yes Coach.” They said together.”

“Then let’s get back to practice.”


 

Kai

 

I’m gonna kill you

 

Everything hurts

 

Serves you right

 

Do you go as hard as you can playing 

basketball and all your muscles hurt after? 

Doesn't that make you feel good?

 

Yes

No

 

Then there’s another thing we will never 

understand about each other

 

Kris sighed and set his phone down. Xiumin hummed out a smile and the younger resisted the urge to curse at him.

“Why do you like to drive?” He asked instead.

“It’s fun. Besides, I didn’t get a license for nothing. Why don’t you take a drive on your motorcycle? Driving helps clear your head.

“I’d have to go home for that.”

“You should greet your parents.” Kris shook his head and yawned.

“They don’t even deserve that.” Xiumins stayed quiet and let him be. Kris was both grateful and annoyed but the silence. “Why do you live so far away?” He mumbled.

“I don’t know. That’s how they want it, I don’t question.” He nodded and got more comfortable in his seat. “Goodnight Kris.” The older lowered the air.

“Hm.”

 

Kris went up to Kai’s room and ignored Xiumin’s warning to be nice. He knocked and shouted that he was coming in. The runaway was passed out on the bed with his back to Kris.

“Kai.” He put his hand on his shoulder.

“Kris?” He yawned and turned; his back hitting Kris. “You guys are back already?” He rubbed his eyes.

“You don’t know when to rest, do you?” He shook his head at the younger’s smile.

“I know you’re upset at me but I can’t stop myself. I can’t waste an opportunity to be in a studio like that.”

“You could have waited a few days.” Kris tried not to yell.

“A wasted day of doing nothing. I’ve done enough of those. I don’t understand how you can go a day without basketball. Isn’t that something you’re passionate about?”

“Not that much. I do it for fun and because it’s something I’ve been doing since I was little.” Kai nodded but he was still frowning.

“I really though we’d understand at least that.” Don’t look at me like that.

“Why do you like dancing so much?”

“It’s freeing. There’s no wrong or right way to do it. You can do whatever you want without having consequences for messing it up. I forget about the world everytime my body moves to a beat. Feeling the music flow through my body. It’s amazing.” Kris stared at him as the younger smiled. “I really thought you would understand that with basketball.” He looked at him and frowned. “You look tired, go lay down. Kris shook his head and leaned down to kiss him. Kai’s hand was against his cheek as they shared a soft kiss.

“Sorry.” Kris moved back. “I want to see you dance. You make it sound like you’re amazing.”

“You’ve seen me dance.

“You were out of practice.”

“I guess.” He sat up completely. “I’m gonna change before dinner.

“You don’t need to.”

“It’s okay. I only changed into this cause it’s the first stuff I grabbed. I wasn’t sleeping in it.”

“Okay. We’ll knock when it’s done.”

“Alright.” Kai went into the bathroom and Kris left for Xiumin’s room.

“How’s Kai?” The sweetheart was doing homework at his desk.

“Tired. I woke him up.

“Was he in pain?” Kris shrugged before laying on the bed.

“He seemed to get up fine.” Pause. “I told him I want to see him dance.”

“What did he say?”

“Not much. I saw him briefly but it was obvious he was out of practice.”

“I was surprised. at how interested Lay got when you mentioned it.” Kris sat up.

“Yeah I didn’t think he would be.”

“He’s never mentioned wanting to dance like that before.”

“He could’ve talked about it with Luhan.”

“I guess.” Xiumin closed one book and got ready to start another.

“I can’t believe they’re gay for each other.”

“You didn’t make it easy with your homophobic self.”

“I’m not homophobic!” Kris threw a pillow at him.

“I’m sorry how many times did you call Kai a slur?”

“Twice. I stopped once I realized you.”

“Apologize to Lay and Luhan if you’re too scared to do it with Kai.

“I’m not scared.”

“Then tell him.”

“No.” Xiumin put his pencil down.”

“Why? What’s so hard about it?”

“I’m not talking to you about this anymore.”

“You always did give up.” The hot headed rich kids glared at his friend.

“Xiumin. Shut up.” The older shook his head at the warning.”

“No. You need to realize.”

“I know I have feelings for him. Now stop pissing me off.”

“Does he know that?”

“I do.” They looked to the door; both surprised.

“Kai, I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you come in.”

“It’s okay.” Kris stood. “I guess I’ll knock louder now.” He put up a forceful smile. “I want to ask some questions about the studio.”

“Ask away.” Kris left as he stepped further into the room.

 

Kai


“I don’t hate him.” He lowered his voice when Kris left.

“You have every reason to.” Xiumin gave him all of his attention.

“I know. I hate that I, how, I feel about him. I hate that. Not him as a person. Yeah he’s done some ty things to me but none of it was new.” Kai ignored the olders frown.

“You were bullied before?”

“At my old school. Only plus was my boyfriend.”

“What was his name?”

“Kyungsoo.” The Co Captain nodded.

“How do you feel knowing that two of his closest friends are dating each other?” Kai shrugged.

“I don’t know. I’m not mad. I know too well that people react differently when it’s people they know versus someone liking them.”

“I’ve been trying to get him to talk to you.” Kai smiled.

“We’re not very good at that.”

“So it isn’t just him?”

“No.” He laughed a little. “I’m not any better.

“I see why he’s so reluctant then. Did you really have questions about the studio?”

“No. I was giving Kris an out.”

“You’re too sweet on him.

“Can’t help it.” There was a knock on the door.

“Come on.” Xiumin stood up. “Dinner is ready.” Kai followed him out. Kris was waiting against his door. The youngest looked at his crush’s stoic face but quickly looked away. He seemed more sour then he was earlier.

None of them said anything but it was more relaxed then yesterday. Kris attempted to keep his glances at Kai to a minimum. Of course nothing get’s past Xiumin. Again, Kai left first. Maybe he’ll try talking to Kris again tomorrow.

 

Kai had a light breakfast before going to the studio. He was surprised to see water bottles and snacks waiting for him. He’ll have to thank Xiumin later. He’s sweet. Untrustworthy but sweet. Kai stretched and danced until 2pm. That was around the time Kris gave him a call.

“Hey”

“Why do you sound out of breath?”

“I was dancing.”

“You’re not in pain anymore?”

“It went away after I stretched. I’m being careful.”

“You’re irritating.” Kai laughed.

“You’re not any better.”

“Excuse me? I’m kicking you out.”

“No you’re not!” Someone faintly yelled.

“Shut up Xiumin.”

“Am I on speaker?”

“No. Xiumin’s being annoying. Tao get the away from me.” Kai listened to them bicker with a smile.

“If you’re busy, I’m hanging up.”

“You stay on this line Jongin.” The teen covered his face with a smile. Kris shouted something before it got quiet.

“Leave them?”

“Yes. Are you drinking the water?”

“Yes?”

“Good. Xiumin got upset at me for yelling at people to put water and snacks in there.”

“Wait you did that?” He really thought Xiumin did.

“I told people to do it but yes. It was my idea.”

“Oh. Thank you.” He was silent for a moment.

“I, *sigh* you made me, concerned. So I wanted to make sure you were okay.”

“You care.” Kai smiled.

“I said it as a joke early but I really will kick you out of his house.” Kai laughed.

“Don’t be mean to me.”

“If you think that’s mean you should hear what I say to Tao.”

“Why are you such an ?”

“I have to deal with idiots like you.”

“I’m hanging up.”

“Will you stop that?”

“Be nice to me.” Kai pouted.

“Is the water not good enough for you?”

“Be nice to me directly.” Kris was silent.

“I was nice to you yesterday.” He mumbled.

“Before or after we kissed.”

“Shut up.” The younger laughed again.

“Did you eat?”

“Yeah. Have you?”

“I’ll eat when I’m done for the day.”

“So you’ll eat at dinner?”

“Yes.”

“You’re insane.” Kai could hear the smile.

“I like dancing. I promise I won’t pass out.”

“I’m going to lock you in a bedroom.”

“What?” He yelled.

“Goodbye Kai.”

“Pfft bye.” He set the phone down. He’ll finish this song then start another.

 

Kai plopped down on the bed, a towel was over his head to help his hair dry. His arms were starting to feel sore so using a hairdryer was out of the question. There was a knock on the door as someone entered.

“You’re going to get sick if you don’t dry your hair.” Kris sat next to him on the bed.

“That’s not real, it’s a wives tale.” The younger mumbled into the pillow.

“Are you in pain?”

“Only sore.” The runaway moved up to be on his elbows. “How was school?”

“Boring. Practice was irritating.” Kai nodded and looked at him. Kris looked, troubled?

“Are you okay?”

“The team isn’t happy with me right now.” He shook his head. “It doesn’t concern you.” The younger drowned and laid back down. “Sorry-”

“No. You’re right.”

“Kai. I didn’t mean to say it like that.”

“It’s okay.” Kris sighed and moved to lay next to him. Kai also moved to be on his side so he could look at him. “It was that bad?”

“Yes. Stop staring at me.” The older whispered.

“Make me.” His hand covered Kai’s eyes.

“Done.” The runaway laughed and grabbed the olders wrist, making him let go. The dub smile was still on the player’s lips.

“Not good enough.” He said teasingly.

“You.” Kris got up and moved over the dancer. His face flushed; unsure of what to do. Stop staring at me like that.

“You win.” He whispered.

“This wasn’t a competition.” Kai shut his eyes and Kris leaned down. A sigh left the younger when he felt lips against his. “Kai.” The whisper gave him goosebumps. “You’re bad for me.”

“The feeling’s mutual.” They kissed again. The older moved to his neck and the kisses sounded so loud in his ears. Kai did his best to hold back moans as he could feel Kris’ tongue against his skin.

“Kris” He gave in when a hand pressed into his groin. “Why?” The Captain was looking at him strangely. He pressed against him again. “Kris what are you-” He kissed him.

“Kai.” His name was mumbled against his lips.

“What?”

“I have to go home for a few days.”

“Then why are you touching me?” The younger tried to get him off.

“Stop, hold on, Kai.” Kris put his head on the dancer’s shoulder. “I want to touch you.”

“Stop-stop Kris.” The Captain shook his head. “Why not? You can’t use me whenever you want.”

“I’m not using you. You’re-”

“Yes you are!” Kai laughed in disbelief.

“I’m not, I, I want to touch you.”

“Use me.” He corrected. Kris made a noise that ended in a sigh.

“Damn it Kai. I like you.” He tried again to push him off.

“You’re such a liar.”

“I’m not.” Kris touched him.

“Kris please-”

“Why not?” He looked at him. “I know you want me to.”

“It’s not that I don’t want you to. Believe me, I do. It’s that if you do, I’m going to hate myself so much more then I do when you leave.” Kris sighed and moved off.

“Okay. I’m sorry.”

“Explain yourself.”

“I think I like you.”

“Oh it’s a think now?” Kai laughed bitterly.

“Yeah?”

“Kris, go to your room.” He moved an arm across Kai’s chest.

“You told me to explain myself.”

“You’ve said enough.” He pushed the arm off him. “We’ll be having dinner soon.”

“Xiumin isn’t here and I’m leaving.”

“Where’s Xiumin?”

“Personal business. Don’t give me that look. He wouldn’t give me a straight answer either.”

“So I’ll be alone then.”

“For tonight yes but Xiumin won’t leave you here alone for long. He’ll be back tomorrow.”

“And if he isn’t?”

“Call me.”

“I’m not doing that.”

“Call me so I can see why he isn’t back. I’m not taking you to my place while my parents are here.” That was a lot more assuring then it should have been. Any glimmer of happiness Kai got benign there had long since been distinguished. “Kai?”

“What?” He looked at him.

“I asked if you wanted me to eat with you.”

“No.” He shook his head. “It’s okay. Go home.” Kris nodded and shockingly got off the bed.

“Alright. I won’t be checking on you anymore. Not until I get back.” Space? He’ll gladly take that.

“Okay.”

“Make sure you eat something, you need a meal.”

“I will.” The older nodded and left. Kai sighed and let his body relax against the bed.

What the hell was he thinking? That I’d let him have his way with me? To think I almost did.

 

Kai got out of the bed, leaving the towel, and went to the dining room. Someone was waiting for him by the table.

“Sir Kai.” She bowed.

“Please, Kai is fine.”

“Of course. What would you like tonight?”

“Fried mandu please. I’ll be out on the balcony if that’s alright?”

“We have an area to dine in the garden if you would prefer that?” He smiled and nodded.

“Yes please.”

“Someone will come by to you there and we’ll get started on your dinner.”

“Thank you.” She bowed and disappeared behind the curtain. Kai hadn’t realized that was the entrance to the kitchen.

“Kai.” Someone was by the door. “Please, this way.” He nodded and followed her to the garden.

Xiumins’ halls were a lot more calm then Kris’. Paintings were on the wall but the dressers were more scarce with only a few things on them. None of them in cases either. The old fashioned lights on the walls were a weird but nice touch. The maid opened glass doors and led him under a wood canopy with plants covering the top. It smelled like rain. The actual area was more enclosed but he could still feel the wind that carried the smell of flowers. The perimeter had flower pots hanging from the top and a small fountain off to the side. Instead of a big table there were beds, chairs and small circular tables.

“Here we are Kai.” The maid bowed.

“Thank you.”

“We will bring all that you need with dinner so please, relax. Would you like wine tonight?”

“Oh, uh, no. Thank you. Water is perfect.”

“Of course.” She bowed and walked away. Kai resisted the urge to text Kris as he was now wishing he let the spoiled kids eat with him.

“Wait,” He patted himself down. “Don’t have my phone.” Kai mumbled. With a calming exhale he sat down at one of the chairs. This is probably more beautiful in the morning. The lights coming on startled him. Small yellow lights lined the top of the walkway along with the structure he was under.

“I take it back.” It was beautiful. It made him wonder how many nights Kris and the others spend here. The comfortable atmosphere of talking and laughing. Kai sighed and shook his head. He’s going to make himself lonely if he doesn’t stop. Maybe he should take a break tomorrow. He has been pushing himself hard lately. It’s been such a good distraction, it makes it hard to stop.

“Kai.” A maid bowed with a tray in her hands. “Your dinner will be arriving shortly.” She set the water on the table next to him. “Do you like the lights? We can turn them off if you wish?”

“No, they’re lovely. Thank you.” He smiled at her. The woman nodded in a bow and left again. She doesn’t have to bow so much. He took a sip of water. “Why does this taste so expensive?” He mumbled. Why is everything here so expensive? True to the maids’ words, the food came. Another person brought it over and tried to put a napkin in Kai’s lap. “Guys please, I’m not Xiumin. You can tone it down a bit.” He smiled politely.

“Are you dating Master Kris?” A girl asked.

“Oh uh-”

“He likes to talk about you a lot. Most of it’s cursing your name but he smiles while doing it.” The second girl said with a cheerful smile. It made Kai’s face flush.

“No, we aren’t dating.”

“Aww” They said together.

“Girls come on, let him eat.” The older woman led them away.

“Goodnight Kai.” They waved and walked off. They were scary at first but now that the stiff professionalism is gone, they’re really nice.

Kai finished the meal and went back to the room. Again, he was tempted to text Kris but shook the thoughts away. It was only nine, what was he supposed to do? With a sigh he got in bed.

“Goodnight.”
 

Kris

 

If Xiumin isn’t at school, I don’t know where

he is
 

The runaway set his phone down and looked at the ceiling in the bathroom. He had eaten breakfast and was now taking an Epsom salt to pass the time.

 

Kris

 

He’s still gone

Are you okay by yourself

 

Yeah? It’s not like you can get me

 

No but isn’t the house overwhelming

for you?

 

The maids are talking to me like a normal

people. It’s not so bad now

 

You were scared of the maids

 

Yes

 

Why?

 

Because they never looked at me and only

bowed. It was creepy

You talk about me?

 

In what context are you asking?

 

I don’t know. The maids said you ‘curse my name’

a lot. One asked if we were dating.

 

You piss me off a lot and Xiumin gets

mad if I take it out on you


 

Why?

 

Ask him not me. I’ll what he’s doing when I 

can. I’ve been gone long enough. Enjoy

your bath.

 

 Kris must be really busy. Kai hummed and leaned his head against the bath tub. Now that Kris is gone maybe he has a chance. That’s if Xiumin agrees to it.

The teen was laying in bed; contemplating everything that’s happened since he ran away. I wonder if mom has called, Kris shoved my old phone in a bag and I haven’t looked at it since. Is the school calling? Are they asking why I’m not there? There wouldn't be anyone else wondering about me. Worried about me.

Kai covered his face. Now he was making himself sad. His phone buzzed.

 

Unknown Number

 

I’m sorry for making you worry. I’ll be

home tomorrow

 

Xiumin?

 

Yes I’ll be back in the morning

 

Thank you for letting me know

 

It’s late, he should go to bed. He’ll ask when Xiumin comes back. He’s really hoping the older will keep Kris out of it. Kai really needs this. He needs to get the mindset when he first ran away. Back to the person that jumped out the window. The person who was okay falling asleep in a ty lit park with only himself to turn to. Before Kris kissed him. Kai sighed and tried to relax. He needs sleep. There’s no point in planning if Xiumin says no.