Suspicion

Just Love Me, For Me

 

Kai

 

“Is that really what you want?” He nodded.

“It was my original plan but then Kris got me and I thought I could still do it when we left for the hotel.” Xiumin nodded; he hadn’t looked at Kai. “I’ll pay you for letting me stay here.” He really needs this job. The older smiled and shook his head.

“Not that’s quite alright Kai. I’m actually thinking why don’t you work for me? Kris won’t know and he’ll still be gone for a while. Of course you won’t be able to dance all day but you’ll still have your room. You shouldn’t have a uniform incase Kris has a surprise visit. I’ll introduce you to my head servant, Castiel. If that’s alright with you.” Kai smiled and bowed.

“Yes thank you.” He smiled softly.

“Alright, I’ll get everything together when I come back from school. You’ll start tomorrow and get paid for every job you do.”

“Okay, thank you.” Kai bowed again.

“Spend the day resting. You will start early in the morning and help out wherever you are needed. I’ll see you later Kai.”

“Bye.” He waved as the older went outside. That was easier then thought it would be. When Kai got back to his room, his phone was blinking blue.

 

Kris

 

Did he come back?

 

Yeah I talked to him. How long will you be

gone?

 

Another week. Probably two

 

Okay

Are your parents bad?

 

Worried about me?

 

Maybe a little. I remember you saying you hadn’t

seen them in a while. Thought things might be tense

 

Tense is putting it light. I still don’t see them

much. Father yelled orders at me a few times

but other then that they leave me alone as

long as I don’t ruin their reputation

I’m only here to keep up appearances as

people are coming in and out. I have to show

I’m doing well. Do you hate being there?

 

No. I’m fine here

 

I’ll be back soon

 

Okay

 

The dancer exhaled and set the phone down. Kris wasn’t doing well but he expected that. Since he’s still going to school it made Kai wonder if Xiumin will say anything. He shook his head.

“No, he wouldn’t want to get Kris involved.” He knows that Kris will only get mad that I’m working for Xiumin and not him. Kai fell back on the bed. This is why I wanted to stay at the hotel. There were plenty around that would let me work. He rubbed his eyes.

 

*Knock Knock*

“Come in!” He sat up. One of the maids from last night came in.

“Hello Kai.” She smiled warmly. “Would you like breakfast this morning or will you be in the dance room today?”

“No dance room today. A light breakfast would be nice thank you.” He’ll wait to say anything.

“Anything in particular?”

“Uh, surprise me?” She smiled widely and nodded.

“Okay!” She left with delight in her eyes. Maybe it’ll be fun working with them. Unless their kindness is forced. Then not so much.

 

“Kai?” He looked up. Xiumin was standing with a friendly looking older man. He walked over to them. “This is Castiel, my head servant.” Kai bowed.

“Hello Sir.”

“Good evening Kai.” He tipped his head.

“He will give you a rundown of how things work. Come see me when you’re done.” He nodded and Xiumin walked away.

“Sir Xiumin has never let one of his friends work here before.” The man spoke low and soft.

“I’m a special case.” Kai messed with the bracelet.

“I see. What can you do?”

“I can cook, clean and do laundry.” He nodded in thought.

“We’ll put you with Yoon Ha tomorrow then. You will not be paid hourly. Instead you will be paid for what you do and how long you do it. If you do laundry for three hours, you will be paid for three hours.” The runaway nodded along. “Be awake and waiting outside your room by six am. Yoon Ha will be there to show you your tasks for the day.”

“Thank you Sir.” He bowed. the man chuckled softly.

“Castiel is quite fine, Kai. Get some rest after seeing Sir Xiumin.” The man walked past him, further into the garden.

“Thank you.” He went to Xiumin’s room.

“Are you worried about working?” The older teen asked after granting Kai permission into his room.

“No. I have a question though.” He motioned the runaway to sit on the bed.

“What is it?”

“Do I have to call you Sir Xiumin? Or refer to Kris as Master Kris?” He stopped typing to think.

“Well, I suppose it would be fair to everyone else. You’re the first person I’ve personally hired like this. Hm, I’m not sure. I’ll get back to you. If Kris knew yes, but since he won’t know, I’ll leave that up to you.” The younger smiled with a nod.

“Okay.”

“Who will you be with tomorrow?”

“Yoon Ha.”

“She’ll be good to you.” He nodded.

“Kris said he’ll be gone for two more weeks.”

“I see. He’ll be upset if he finds out.”

“I’m sorry.” He didn’t mean to put Xiumin in this position.

“No,” He shook his head. “Don’t start that. The main reason he’ll be upset is because you’re working for me and not him. That alone will set him off. For now though, go get some sleep.”

“Okay, thank you.” Kai bowed and left.

He has two weeks to make some money before Kris comes back. It won’t be much but having something will make him feel better. Help him feel less useless about everything. Kai picked up the phone and reread his last messages with Kris. He didn’t want to miss anything.

“Enjoy your bath? When I tell him I was taking a bath?” He mumbled. It didn’t take long for him to realize he never mentioned it.

 

Kris

 

Are you free for a free minutes

 

He’s probably having dinner right now. Kris really wouldn’t have someone here relying on what he was doing right? He didn’t tell anyone though. No but-

“The maid.” A maid had come in to give him fresh towels so he could even take the bath. Kai groaned and fell on the bed. “Idiot.” He called himself.

 

Kris

 

What is it?

 

Can you call me?

 

There’s no chance to know if the rich teen was lying through text. If he can hear him, he has a chance.

“I only have a few minutes so don’t waste my time.”

“You texted me something I didn’t understand.”

“Oh?”

“You told me to enjoy my bath. How did you know I was that?” Kris went silent as expected.

“Why do you think-”

“Just say it. I’m not playing a guessing game with you.” As much as Kai doesn’t want to be mean, he refuses to play games right now. Kris sighed and the younger could see him rubbing his face.

“Alright. I have someone checking on you.” He was surprised he gave in so quickly.

“Why?” Kai softened his voice to match his.

“To make sure you were okay.”

“You can text me. That’s why you got me this phone.”

“Things changed when we went to Xiumin’s.”

“Then why did we? We were, I was fine, at the hotel.” He didn’t respond. “Stop monitoring me.”

“Okay.”

“Promise me.”

“That isn’t going to-”

“Shut up and do it.”

“Fine. I promise to stop monitoring you.”

“Thank you. Get some rest, you sound exhausted.”

“I am.” He sighed. “Are you mad at me?”

“I’m irritated with you. I don’t need someone to watch after me. Especially if they’re doing it for you.”

“Okay.” Kris sighed again. “I’ll stop.”

“Have you eaten?”

“Maybe? I’m not sure. Between my parents and school, I’ve been busy. Would you prefer the hotel?”

“I’m fine for now. We can do one when you come back.”

“Alright, get some rest.”

“You too.” Kris really sounded exhausted. Kai hadn’t realized it would be this stressful for him. He looked at the time, dinner should be starting soon. He’ll shower and get ready for bed after. He isn’t used to waking up early anymore.

 

Yoon Ha was older then Kai was expecting. A woman in her late forties or early fifties. He bowed in a greeting but got a flick on the forehead in return.

“I am now worth bowing to. You only need to bow to Sir Xiumin and his guests.” He nodded.

“Yes ma’am.” He followed her down the hall.

“Sir Xiumin instructed that you do laundry today. During the first two hours of washing you will vacuum the main room. Do not touch or do anything else unless I tell you.”

“Yes Ma’am.” She waved her hand at him.

“I hope you don’t plan on talking to Yoon Ha like that.” Huh?

“Are you, are not Yoon Ha?” She laughed.

“I’m Yoon Mei. Yoon Ha is my niece.”  Oh. “You’ll be with her most of the day but under my supervision.”

“Oh, okay.” So she is younger.

“You better keep your eyes off her! I know how you young boys are.” Kai coughed awkwardly.

“No-no, no Ma’am I don’t, I uh,” Kai hesitated. He could just say it. They can’t do anything to him. “I’m not into women.” Xiumin would probably keep him safe. Yoon Mei stopped walking and looked at him.

“Oh good. Don’t have to worry about you then.” She kept going. Oh. Is that how people are supposed to act? Is that what this feels like? Huh. He quietly followed her to the other side of the house and down a flight of stairs. “Yoon Ha!” She yelled. A small girl with light brown hair came out of a room. She was in a long dress with an apron around her waist.

“Do you have to yell at me Auntie?” She smiled playfully. “Who’s the boy?”

“A dear friend to Sir Xiumin and Master Kris.” Debatable. “Sir Xiumin has hired him.”

“Hello, I’m Kai.” He waved and she dipped her head.

“Hi.” She looked at her aunt. “What are we doing today?”

“Laundry. While you wait you two can vacuum the main room. Come find me when you’re done.”

“Yes Auntie~” Yoon Mei pushed Kai over to the young woman and walked off. “What’s it like being friends with Sir Xiumin?” He shrugged.

“We’re kinda friends? Maybe?” Kai sighed. “It’s complicated.” She laughed and nodded.

“Alright then. Come on, the clothes have already been sorted so we just need to put them in and start. Do you know how to do laundry?”

“Yes. Are we folding them?” She shrugged.

“Don’t know. We do what we’re told and nothing more. Can’t take another job from someone else.” He nodded. The paying system was weird but, he’s making money. There were two washers and two dyers lined up nicely against the wall. In front were two baskets waiting to be put in. The rest were against the opposite wall waiting.

“There’s so much.

“Yup. Plenty to clean and a lot of waiting around to do. Let’s get the washers started so we can get to cleaning the main room.”

“Okay.” He opened the top and started to pile the clothes in. Yoon Ha showed him how much detergent to put in and what settings to put everything under. When they were done, they left the room to get the vacuums.

“You’ll take one side of the room and I’ll take the other. It’s pretty big so it might take longer then an hour. We’ll have to vacuum the curtains and couches too.” The dancer nodded along as they walked down the hall. “You’re not very chatty are you?”

“Oh, sorry. I’m trying to take everything in.”

“Okay.” She laughed. “It’s not too hard. How long are you here?”

“I’m not sure.” She opened a closet and names were labeled on the wall. There were two baskets under her name. “Help me out here.” He grabbed one and they continued to the main room. “So, Sir Xiumin just gave you a job?”

“Yeah. It’s complicated cause we’re only friends by association through Kris.”

“Kris?” She stopped and looked at him. “So you are really friends with Master Kris.” Kai shrugged and dropped the basket.

“Again, we’re not really friends. Kris hates me? Maybe? I don’t know, it’s weird.” Yoon Ha gave him a look.

“You’re strange.”

“I know.” He laughed and picked up the basket. When they got to the room they set the baskets down by the wall before moving the furniture to the middle of the room.

“We’ll vacuum the perimeter first, you take one side and I’ll the other. Then we'll put the furniture to the walls and do the middle.” He nodded. “Once we’re done with the perimeter I’ll check on the washers. You are to stay here and don’t do anything until I come back. I mean it too.”

“I understand.”

“Good.” She clasped her hands together. “You know how to vacuum right?” Kai smiled and nodded.

“Yes I can do that.”

“Cool.”

 

“Does Master Kris know you’re working?” Yoon Ha asked Kai while waiting on the dryer, it had a few more minutes on them.

“Gods no. He’ll kill me and then attempt to kill Xiumin.” She laughed.

“Attempt?”

“I doubt Kris could.”

“You haven’t seen him mad then.” She mumbled.

“What do you mean?”

“How much do you know about him?” He shrugged.

“We went to school together. Got into a lot of fists fights. I know his strength but even he wouldn’t hurt Xiumin.”

“You’ve fought him?”

“A few times. Well, I wouldn’t call it fighting. It’s more of him getting annoyed that I can’t stop staring at him so he throws a few punches.”

“Okay, so you like him but Kris isn’t interested?” Kai shrugged before laughing.

“Uh, it’s complicated.”

“Seriously?”

“Okay.” He gave in. “I love him but Kris insists he doesn’t have feelings yet we’ve made out on a few occasions.”

“Wow” He nodded slowly.

“Yup. I said it was complicated.” Kai shook his head and shrugged. “We’ll figure it out eventually.”

“How did you end up with him again?”

“I ran away from home and he found me. I was supposed to stay with him for a night or two, obviously  I stayed longer. Can we not, talk about this anymore?”

“Oh, yeah. Of course. I don’t want to make you upset or anything.” She got up to check the dryers. “Few more minutes.”

“How did you end up working here?”

“My aunt. She told me Sir Xiumin came into her old job and told everyone that if they worked for him they would be taken care of. All the benefits and getting paid for your hard work not an hourly base pay. She’s been here for four years and me two. After she saw and got to know how caring he was, she begged him to give me a job. Sir Xiumin laughed and said she didn't need to do that. He gave me a position right there. It’s fun working here.”

“Yeah that sounds like him. Xiumin’s always been known as the sweetheart. A hard contrast to you know, Kris.”

“Haha, don’t be so mean.” Yoon Ha got up and bowed.

“Oh, Sir Xiumin, please forgive us for talking about you and Master Kris.” He walked into the laundry room.

“It’s alright Yoon Ha. You were talking to Kai.”

“Do I have to call you Sir? You haven’t told me.” Kai stayed sitting.

“I’m still not sure. Has Kris called you today?” The dancer shrugged.

“We got into a fight and I told him to leave me alone.” Xiumin smiled and shook his head.

“I was wondering why he was so moody today.”

“You mean more then usual?” Kai dryly joked.

“I can’t believe you’re talking about him like that.” Yoon Ha mumbled.

“He has every right to.” Xiumin turned to walk away. “I’ll stop distracting you two. Kai, come see me when you’re done.”

“Okay.” He left.

“Okay, I’m beginning to think you were lying by saying you weren’t friends.”

“I guess me and Xiumin are but not Kris.” She shook her head.

“I don’t understand you.”

“It’s okay.” He mumbled as the dryer dinged.

“Come on, let’s get the last loads in.”

 

Kai tiredly made his way to Xiumin’s room. After laundry they were told to clean two more rooms. So much furniture for no reason. He didn’t even feel like eating. The runaway knocked on Xiumin’s and waited.

“Come in” Kai was surprised to see him on the bed and not his desk.

“No one’s heard from the idiot?” Xiumin motioned him to sit on the bed. Kai nodded and stayed quiet.

“I tried calling him but he wouldn’t answer.” He was talking to Tao.”

“Lay and I texted but got the same result.”

“Should someone go check on him?” Kai watched as Xiumin’s face fell with Lay’s suggestion.

“No. It’s only been one day. If he isn’t at school tomorrow, I’ll go check on him.”

“Leaving him alone again? Kris is going to get mad.” Xiumin laughed before saying,

“Are you going to tell on me? Besides, Kai can handle himself. I don’t know why Kris tried to babysit him in the first place.” 

“Still, is it a good idea to let him roam free?”

“What are you implying that he’ll do?”

“Alright,” Luhan interjected. “Let’s back up before you say something you don’t want to.”

“He’ll steal something.” Kai looked at Xiumin but the older’s face remained neutral.

“Tao stop it. You don’t know him.”

“Neither do you! You remember what Kris said. He wanted to touch something.”

“That doesn’t mean anything.” Lay continued to argue on the dancer’s behalf. “It couldn’t have reminded him of something or-I don’t know. You don’t know anything. You’re being a brat.”

“And trying to start .” Luhan’s comment set Tao off.

“Enough.” Xiumin quieted them down. “That’s enough. Kai, do you know what they’re talking about?” He finally looked at him.”

“He’s there?”

“Oh you’re ed Tao.”

“No.” He spoke.

“On the second day of being with Kris, you two were walking through the halls. He mentioned one of the reasons he kept you in his rooms was because you had an interest in something. Do you remember why?” Oh.

“It was a necklace.” He spoke clearly so they could hear him. “It looked like one my mother always wanted when I was growing up. She would have these saving plans so that one day she could buy it. But then my dad got laid off and our money problems started. I wasn’t expecting to see it . It was really eye opening to see something my mom worked hard to try and get, only for it to be on a dresser in a hall like it meant nothing.” Xiumin stared at Kai for a moment before addressing the group.

“There, all sorted out. Anything else to accuse Kai of?”

“No” Tao softly spoke.

“Good. Goodnight you three.”

“Goodnight.” He closed the computer with a sigh.

“I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s alright, I get them not wanting to trust me. You five are a tight knit group and I was thrown into it. I understand.”

“That doesn’t excuse it. How was your first day?”

“It was good. I, I had fun actually.” He smiled fondly.

“It’s a shame you’re only interested in Kris.” Xiumin tipped his chin up to him before getting off the bed.

“O-oh.” Kai’s face flushed a little.

“I’m glad it wasn’t too hard on you. Have you eaten dinner?”

“No but I’m okay.” He was back at his desk. “I mostly want to shower and go to sleep.” The dancer shook his head.

“Are you sure you don’t want to eat anything? You don’t get up early enough for breakfast. I can have the kitchen bring you something.”

“Xiumin, I’m one of your workers right?” He turned to the older.

“You are, you’re also a guest and someone I’d rather take care of. I know I’m giving you special treatment but can you really blame me? If Kris found out I let you work it wouldn't end well for either of us. Are you sure you don’t want anything to eat? I can’t guarantee you

re doing something easy tomorrow.”

“I’ll be okay.” Kai stood. “Thanks though.” He bowed and left his room .Not only is Kai getting special treatment but Tao hates him and no one can get in contact with Kris. He closed his door and grabbed his phone.

 

Kris

 

Have you been able to sleep?

 

Kai put the phone down and went to the shower. He assumed Kris would be a while so he took his time. His body wasn’t sore but it felt like he needed the time to breathe. He didn’t realize how tense he’s been around Xiumin. Kai took a deep inhale and exhaled. I’m okay.

 

Kris

 

No

I’m fine

Tell Xiumin I’m fine

 

I don’t believe you

 

Didn’t ask you to. Tell him

 

Are you in trouble?

 

Not me personally.

I have to go

It’s late, get some rest

 

You too

 

Kai decided on telling Xiumin tomorrow. If he says something now, the older will know he texted the Captain. Tao hates him enough. He debated about texting him again but decided to leave it at that. He should get some rest.

 

The high schooler was woken up to his door closing. Thinking he was late, Kai quickly got up. A headache sent him back down on the bed. Maybe he should have eaten something. What smells sweet? There was a bowl on the nightstand. A note was next to it.

Don’t skip meals.

“First, he hits on me. Now this?” Kai picked it up. It had the consistency of a smoothie and smelt like fruit. With a shrug he ate it before getting ready for work. Kai sent him a thank you text and relayed Kris’ message. After a few minutes Yoon Mei walked past him with a flick of her hand.

“You'll be with Yoon Ha again. Both of you will go over your chores when you’re told. Don’t be surprised if today is slow.”

“Okay.” He nodded and tried to remember where they were going. They walked into a room with two tables. Yoon Ha was sitting with two other girls.

“Good morning Kai.” She smiled.

“Morning.” Kai remembered one of them from the other night at the garden. She looked at him with bright eyes.

“So you’re friends with Master Kris and Sir Xiumin yet they let you work here?” Yoon Ha’s head dropped into her hands. The runaway smiled before saying,

“Xiumin and I aren’t really friends. Nor am I and that idiot.” She was definitely surprised at hearing that. Yoon Mei hit the back of Kai’s head. “Ow!”

“Do not call Master Kris such words!”

“Don’t worry I’ve said worse to his face.” The woman raised her hand again in a warning.

“Chores have been divided, get to work.” He watched Yoon Ha grab a paper before she took the dancer’s arms. They went to a joint room to get supplies.

“Sorry.” She mumbled.

“For what?” Kai helped her carry two of the three boxes.

“What Arryn said.” He shrugged and followed her out.

“It’s okay. I’ll take any chance to call Kris an idiot.” She shook her head.

“What are we doing today?”

“Some gardening first, then I’m not sure. Slow day.”

“That’s what your aunt said.”

“Slow days aren’t that bad. If this is all we have I can show you around.”

“Please. Xiumin’s place makes more sense then Kris’ but I still need directions.”

“What’s his palace like?”

“Way more flashy, extremely overwhelming and definitely tense.” Kai shook his head. “I’d take staying with Xiumin over him.”

“It’s that bad?” She asked in thought.

“To me it is yeah.  But I also grew up in apartments so it doesn’t take that much to overwhelm me.”

“A friend of mine works for him. She likes it but also says Master Kris is..” She trailed off trying to find the word to say.

“Shady? Creepy? Bi-polar like?” Yoon Ha laughed and nodded.

“Yeah. She says the very rare times she sees him he’s being weird. Walking in and out of bedroom’s no one uses. She says there are people who know what he does but they’re super tight lipped.” She shrugged. “He seems like bad news but, you know him better then me.”

“He’s not the nicest person I’ve met.” They set the boxes down.

“Alright, let’s get to work.”

 

“Kai.” A shiver went down his spine. Yoon Ha bowed when she turned and let out a robotic response.

“Sir Xiumin, Master Kris.” Kai sighed and turned.

“What are you doing here?” Xiumin was looking rather amused but Kris only seemed annoyed.

“Why are you, hanging out, with a maid?”

“She’s showing me around. Jealous, I'm making friends?” His eyebrow twitched and Kai held back a laugh.

“Walk with me.” He turned to leave. Xiumin motioned Kai to go. The dancer let out another exhale and followed the rich kid into a room.

“What are you doing here?” He asked again.

“I texted you I was coming with the others. Where’s your phone?”

“In the room. I didn’t think I needed it.” He frowned.

“You should have it on you at all times.” He rolled his eyes.

“I told you to stop monitoring me. If I don’t want the phone, I’m not going to have it on me.”

“The whole point of getting you one was if I needed you.” He stepped closer to Kai.

“What if I don’t need you?” The younger leaned closer like Kris did to him. He looked at the runaway with knitted eyebrows.

“I don’t understand you.” His voice lightened and he bumped his forehead against the others.

“What are you doing?”

“I missed you.”

“Oh” That wasn’t what he was expecting.

“What have you been doing?” Kris pulled back and walked away to the couch.

“Relaxing. Spending time in the garden or in the dance studio.” Kris sat by him,

“Come here.”  He looked at him. “I’ve had to deal with Tao all day so come here.” He shook his head but leaned back against him. “Can I see you dance?” Now he sounded exhausted.

“Maybe.” Kai looked at him.

“What?” Kris looked back.

“Are you okay? You seem tired all of a sudden.” The older exhaled and closed his eyes.

“I am. I have been for a few days. It feels like if I tried I could fall asleep.”

“Why don’t you?” Kris shrugged and put his head on the younger’s shoulder.

“There are things I need to do.”

“Then why are you talking to me?”

“Because talking to you is one of those things.”

“Go to sleep idiot.” Kai put his hand in the light brown hair.

“Mm.” Kris got closer and dropped his arm over Kai’s thigh. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah you need some quiet time.” It’s not like him and Yoon Ha were doing anything. Kris’ hair was softer then he though it would be. A buzzing sounded off from his pocket. Kris moved to answer the call.

“Hello?” Kai leaned his head down to see the other’s face. “We’re discussing business.” He no longer sounded tired. “Either tonight or tomorrow.” Kris moved down on the couch, his arm falling further between Kai’s legs. “Goodbye.”

“Everything okay?”

“Yeah.” He rubbed his face.

“Don’t lie to me if you’re going to be that obvious.” Kris laughed with a nod.

“Okay. As much as I want to sleep, I have to go.” Kai frowned. “Come on Kai.” The older took his hand and they left. Xiumin’s eyes flicked down at their hands but didn’t comment.

“Come see me when you’re done with the tour Kai.”

“Okay.” They left down the hall.

“Are you okay?” Yoon Ha asked.

“Yeah we didn’t do anything.” He smiled. “What? You think I can’t handle him?”

“According to you, you can handle him in a fight.”

“Handle wouldn’t be the right word but everything went fine. Did Xiumin say anything? He looked pleased with himself when we left.”

“He watched you two leave but didn’t say anything. He was smiling a lot at his phone.”

“Okay.” Kai was quickly becoming weary of that smile.

 

Kai knocked on Xiumin’s door and waited for the okay to go in. He paused in surprise after closing the door. Kris was on the bed, Tao straddling him and holding the older’s wrists. Are they fighting? Lay was calmly sitting next to them. Luhan was with Xiumin at the desk. None of them looked at Kai so he went to Xiumin.

“Oh Kai,” Luhan noticed him first.

“Ahh!” Tao screamed. Kai watched as the two rich teens' eyes went from the bed to the floor. “What was that for?” He shouted.

“Shut up already.”

“What did you need me for?” The dancer got Xiumin’s attention again.

“We’re going out to dinner. Would you like to accompany us?” The black haired teen looked way too pleased with himself. What are you planning?

“No, I’m fine dining here. Besides, I wouldn’t want to upset Tao.” His smiled got bigger.

“Oh .” Lay mumbled in laughter.

“Okay. You’re free to go.” Luhan dipped his head down to laugh.

“Thank you.” He bowed and left. The room erupted into yelling-Tao-and laughter. Okay Xiumin, I think I understand what you’re playing at. I just need to find out why. The only person he could ask won’t give him any answers either. Kai went to his room and sat on the bed. “He hits on me then practically asks me to call out Tao in front of the other’s.” Kai shook his head and yawned. He’s taking a shower, they’re too much for him.

 

Kris

 

“Tai what did you do?” He pouted and crossed his arms.

“Accused Kai of stealing.” Lay put his head back on Kris.

“I was only stating facts. Xiumin’s the one who didn’t say he was in the room.” He looked at the Co-Captain.

“Why are you starting ? What are you trying to achieve here?” He shrugged.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I asked a question. I have no control over how Kai responds.”

“You’re such a liar.” Kris tried to challenge him but the older only offered a neutral face.

“Xiumin, not to call you out, but I’m definitely calling you out. You are instigating things.”

“I gotta agree with Lay. Mostly because I’m curious.” Luhan looked at him too.

“This si stupid.” The Captain rolled his eyes at Tao but, he finally stopped yelling.

“I’m really not doing anything. We agreed to ask if Kai wanted to accompany us so I did. Did I enjoy the chaos he caused? Yes. Everyone but Tao did.”

 You’re pissing me off.” Kris moved back on the bed and Lay moved with him.

“When are we getting food?” The blond yawned.

“When Xiumin stops being a bastard.”

“Calm down. We can go now.” He stood. “Kris, are you going to tell Kai we’re leaving?”

“I can text him.” They left the room.

“If you insist.”

“Xiu you aren't helping your case.” Kris looked back and saw Lay and Luhan were holding hands.

“There is no case.” He laughed.

“You’re the only one that believes that.” Tao grabbed the Captain’s arm as they went to the garage.

 

“Are you staying?”

“No, I should go home.” Kris patted Tao’s head. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

“Kris come here first.” He followed Xiumin to his room.

“What is it?”

“Nothing.” He’s pissing the younger off again.

“Then why’d you call me in here?” I’m going to slap you and that stupid smile.

“To ask a question. How do you feel about Kai? You’ve kissed him, spent time together.”

“I told him I liked him.

“Oh?” Xiumin smiled. “How did that go?”

“The same way you reacted. Laughed. Can’t blame him.”

“No, you can’t. What are you going to do then?”

“I don’t know. He isn’t taking me seriously right now. Even if he was, my parents are still here.”

“Did you find out why?”

“Not yet. I don’t think it’s business but I can’t think of another reason for both of them being home. Especially after so long.”

“The sudden interest in you is also strange.”

“Yeah.” He said tiredly. “Alright Xiumin, I’m heading home.”

“Not going to visit Kai? I gave you an out and everything.”

“Smile at me one more ing time like that, I’m gonna punch you in the face.” Kris left the room and debated about going to Kai. “He’s gonna hate me.” He mumbled. The runaway was sleeping. At this hour, he should have known.

“Kris?” Kai heard the door open. “What are you doing?” Of course. 

“Checking on you before I leave.” He went over to him.

“Try to get some sleep.” Kris nodded with a smile.

“I will. Go back to sleep.” He took the tired teen’s hand.

“You won’t see me for a little longer.”

“Mhm.” He yawned and let go.

“Goodnight.” Kris left and headed to the garage. He’s spent enough time here.



 

Kris

 

The wedding

 

What wedding

 

Tao’s mother. They’re here for the wedding

 

How do you know?

 

My parents are coming. They’ll be here in the

morning

The wedding’s in three days.

 

Tao said it wasn’t a ceremony

 

Not anymore

Either Tao forgot to tell us or he didn’t

know

 

Will Kai be safe?

 

Yes. My parents don’t question me like yours

 

Good. Let me know if that changes.

 

I will