III

That Would Be Me!

 

Sujin's Pov.

A week has passed since the last time I saw him. He finally went to meet Youngjae and as you can imagine, they've been stuck together like glue. Just like old times. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with them being 24/7 together. It's just that they seem like they're in a relationship. Nonetheless, it's funny watching them together. They're like a comedy duo.

"Don't tell me she's spacing out again?" Hana ate her donut as she waited for a response. "When doesn't she" Both Jia and Kara spoke. "Yah! I don't space out. I just tend to think quietly" I defended myself. 

 "It's ok, it happens" they laughed while patting my back. I sulked while waiting for them to apologize. But they quickly bid us goodbye, leaving me speechless once again. 

While waiting for the teacher to arrive, Hana began to speak about a concert that was going to be held close to where we live. Taking out my supplies, I automatically organized my needed essentials. "My father was telling me that the idols who are going to perform at that arena...are.. the one and only.....BTS!!!' 

"That's nice but wait! Did I just hear you say BTS? As in Bangtan Boys?" I asked excitedly. "Yeah fool! That's who I mean!" 

"Oh my God! We definitely have to go!" I suggested. "Yeah, I'll tell Jia and Kara about it later on." I just nodded in response. They've been one of the groups that have caught my attention right when they debuted. It's great to know I'll be seeing my future husband soon. Hana automatically whispered a goodbye while heading to her seat.

"Good Morning Class! Please open your Algebra books to page 21."

Ugh..Algebra. 

All of a sudden my phone went off. I tried to cough it up to cover up the incident. "Are you okay?" Mr. Jung asked. "Perfectly" I assured him looking away as fast as I could. As I lowered the volume, I opened the first message. 

{Yah! If we want to win tickets, we have to be the first caller.}

Great, now how am I suppose to call if I'm in class. Just as I placed my phone onto my lap, I noticed my seatmate sending me glares. A few days after we got acccustomed to our classes, Mr. Jung changed the seatings. Meaning, Hana and I were rows apart from each other. But the bright side was that I got seated to this handsome classmate of mine. He's very quiet but I'm sure it's because he's new and hasn't made any friends yet. He has this cold aura that seems to float around him, which at times has me freezing in my seat. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

"Hey"  I smiled at him. "Junhong, Choi Junhong right?" 

The only response I got was a stare. I coughed trying to laugh it out. "It's ok. If you need anything, you can speak to me" I assured him, hoping he would at least answer. "I know you're probably having a hard time since you're new but don't worry, we don't bite" I assured him. 

"Can you move your elbow then, you're blocking my book"

I looked down and realized that my elbow was in fact on top of his book. "I-I'm sorry" I apologized. Sujin, you idiot! I turned my head the other way in mortification. Peaking through the corner of my left eye, I saw him shaking his head. Aish and here I thought he wanted to make conversation with me. But his voice seemed to sound a bit girly. I covered my mouth while laughing just at the thought of it. 

Without realizing I had accidently laughed out loud, the whole class including, Choi Junhong and Mr. Jung turned around to face me. I bowed my head in embarrassment as I felt Choi Junhong stare right through my soul. "Sorry" I muttered to Mr. Jung, who had his eyebrows furrowed at me in confusion.

After class ended followed by two other classes, I hastily made my way towards Hana. "Way to make your self look like a fool" she giggled, remembering the incident earlier in class. "Shut up, I remembered something funny ok?" I told her. As we made our way to the cafeteria, I noticed Junhong sitting alone at a lunch table. Even though he seemed very scary, I sort of felt bad for him. Maybe it was hard for him to make friends. 

Just as I was ready to make my way to his table, a figure quickly ran to his table. He was known as the most athletic student in our year, Moon Jongup. I sighed in relief, knowing he at least had a friend to eat lunch with.  

"I'll be back, I need to use the bathroom" I told Hana who busy staring at someone behind me. She waved me off, telling me to just hurry up. Heading towards the ladies restroom, I caught a figure sitting at a bench. Walking closer to the mysterious figure, I happened to find Mr. Jung eating by himself. I wonder why he's eating by himself  I thought.

"Mr. Jung" I yelled, hoping to catch his attention.

He automatically jolted in suprise, holding his heart. "Sujin! Are you trying to kill me?" he asked, bewildered at my sudden appearance. I nodded trying to hold in my laugh. "Yah! It wasn't that funny" he lightly pushed me by my shoulder. "Of course not" I responded, giggling again.

"Sorry" I tried to recompose myself.

Watching him avert his attention back to his sandwich, my phone suddenly decided to vibrate. Mr. Jung quickly looked up, eyeing me suspiciously. "Did you hear that?" he asked. "Uhh..no" I assured him.

"Weird. I could've sworn I heard a phone" 

I chuckled patting his back, 'I think it's the old age hitting you already" I told him. "Yah! I'm only 23!" he stated. "That's not old!" 

"Whatever you say" I nodded. "Well, I'll see you in class, Mr. Jung" He smiled only shaking his head. "Don't laugh during class!" Mr. Jung yelled, only making me laugh.

Just as I got to the bathroom, I found Hana looking through each stall. "What are you doing?" I questioned her. She jumped up in surprise, "You scared me!" she whined, slowly plopping down to the chair that was placed near the window. "I was looking all over you! I thought you said you were going to the restroom."

"I was....but I got a little distracted while walking through the halls" I sheepishly smiled. She sent me a yeah-ok-whatever look, eyeing me up and down. "So why were you looking for me?" 

"Oh yeah" she remembered. "I...won tickets for the bts concert!!!!" she screamed almost leaving me deaf. I automatically jumped into her arms and we both began to dance around, holding each other while smiling like fools. Mr. Jung suddenly opened the door holding a fire extinguiser in his hands. "What's wrong?!" he loudly questioned us, only to have him eye us hugging each other in a very intimate way.

"Uhh...nevermind" he left the restroom, in a rather quick manner. 

Oh no, I think he got the wrong message?