II

That Would Be Me!

 

Sujin's Pov.

"Jung Daehyun?"

Oh my God, it's Jung Daehyun. Daehyun from six years ago? I thought he left? How can he be here? I closed my eyes. Thinking about it, why would he be here? Knock it off Sujin! You have to relax! Breathe in and breathe out. I slowly regained the calmness to open my eyes.  

"So you do remember me? How have you been? Daehyun asked, the curiosity peaking from his voice. How's your brother?" He chuckled as he noticed my clueless friends in the back of me. "Oh right. I actually know her from before, so don't get any wrong ideas" he explained to them. They nodded as they scattered around the room to mind their own business. 

"How about I invite you out for dessert and we'll talk then, sounds good?" 

I nodded in response without clearly thinking it through. Why would he want to talk to me? Does he remember everything from before? Of course he does stupid Sujin. It's not like he had an accident and had amnesia. 

"Well then I'll meet you at the entrance outside."

"Uh yeah, sure." I thumbs upped him. "Wait? Aren't you the teacher for detention?" 

"No, I just had to fetch something for Mr. Park"

"So who's the teacher?" Kara intruded into the conversation. We all began to glance at each other as we waited for his response. "Mrs. Kim" he innocently responded. "What? That witch again?" Jia asked.

"No! Please anyone but her!" Kara threw herself onto Mr. Jung's leg as he jumped in surprised. She held onto his leg very tightly while she begged to him, "Please Mr. Jung, Do something about it! I promise I'll be good!" 

"That's enough, Kara" Hana tried to separate her from him. "What's done is done."

Mr. Jung stood there shocked at the sudden breakdown of poor Kara. "You can go, it happens quite frequently with her" I tried to reassure him while opening the door for him. "A-Are you sure? She just threw herself onto me like an animal" he muttered while taking another glimpse of her. "Yeah, I'm sure. Bye!"

Now what am I suppose to do? I slid down the floor in frustration. The rest of the girls were busy consoling Kara who was throwing at tantrum. 

-

Luckily, detention wasn't that bad. Or so I thought it wasn't. Too bad for Jia though. She had to clean the whole room while we, on the other hand corrected papers. This all happened because Kara ratted her out with Mrs. Kim. Kara's a really good friend but when she's accused unjustly, she plays no games. 

"Tell Mr. Jung I said to keep staying hot" Hana suggested. "How about no?" I responded, eyeing her up and down. "You're no fun" she pouted. I laughed as my friends and I bid each other goodbye.

Heading towards the entrance, I noticed him standing by the huge pillar. How should I call him now? I wondered. Oppa, Mr. Jung, Teacher, Daehyun? Aish, why did he have to become a teacher? As I pondered about it, I realized someone was shaking their hand in front of me. 

"You still daydream?" he chuckled. "You really haven't changed, have you?"

I tried to laugh it off, "Yeah well, you haven't changed either!" Trying to figure out what that change was I began to examine his features. His eyes never changed. One of them still has a mole resting on the botton of his eyes. His nose is still as firm as ever. His cheeks remained the same, while his lips...his lips...have gotten bigger. Oh God, what kind of thoughts are going on in your head, Sujin!

"Hello! Earth to Sujin!" 

"O-Oh right, where was I?" I muttered to myself. He noticed the reason I spaced out. It was most likely he figured out why. "Yeah, well your mole didn't change!" I stated while folding my hands in satisfaction. "Sujin."

"Yeah"

"Moles don't change"

"Oh. Well would you look at the time! We better hurry up!" I tried to changed the topic as quickly as I could by leading the way first.

The whole ride to the café was quiet. Once in a while we would make conversation. It's not that I don't like Daehyun. It's just that knowing that he remembers my little crush on him from back then, embarrasses me. It's quite awkward to know that my one sided love never went anywhere. And to think that now he's my teacher. It's too mortifying. 

The café seemed not too fancy. Just your average hangout. Taking a good look around, a lot of lovers were found enjoying their dates here.  "Ooh can I order a caramel latte" my eyes sparked just by spotting a poster behind him.

"Yeah, go wild" 

"So how's Youngjae?" Daehyun asked. "Well, he's fine. He's been working as a secretary. He finally got a job at the Bang Corporations" I revealed. It's actually surprising he got the job. The first in our family to get a decent job. Not that the jobs my parents have aren't decent, they just don't produce good salary."

"Woow!"

"Yeah, he's working hard to get promoted as Vice president but this other man called Himchan already snatched it. I told him to keep dreaming" 

He laughed while poking at his cheescake. "I knew he would make it somewhere. I have to visit him one of these days. So before that happens, don't tell him anything about my appearance, got it"

"Lips sealed" I motioned my finger to my mouth. "So how do you want me to address you?"

"Well, during school call me Mr. Jung. I mean I am your teacher now but when we meet outside of school, you can just call me Daehyun."

"Ok got it. "

As I swirled my straw around the whip cream, I began to smile to myself. It's been a while since I got my hands on latte. "So why'd you leave so suddenly?" I asked. Curiously I wanted to know. Ever since he left with no word, I was miserable. My brother had no idea where he went, until I accompanied him somewhere. There, we got the news that Daehyun moved.

"Some issues with my parents" he revealed. "It got so complicated that I had to go with my mother."

"Ohh." Letters from him would've worked. "You could've sent letters to us you know. Youngjae was very worried about you"

"Yeah, I should've" A crestfallen expression was plastered onto his face as he seemed to think of the past. "But enough about me, has anything interesting happened to you?"

Thinking about it, no. But I can't tell him that. I need to make sure he knows I've been doing just fine after he left. "Yeah, a lot of boys have been going after me that it's just crazy. Also, I got offered a contract to do modeling but I rejected it. I wasn't going to let them use my face for entertainment" I implored. I could tell his face was very surprised. "Woow, really? that's great!" he rejoiced. "So that means you have a boyfriend, right?"

".....N-No, not at the moment."

"Wow, things really have changed. Haven't they" he ruffled my hair while smiling. "What about you? Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Me? No, not at the moment. I had one but she dumped me, haha. Pathetic right?"

"Ye-No! People eventually go through things like that" I comforted him while shooting him a huge smile. "It's alright, I'm sure you'll fine someone better" 

"As a matter of fact, let's cheer that we're single!" I lifted my latte as I signaled him to do the same. Bringing his cup of coffee to meet mines, I began to silently cheer, "For being single! That one day we find our soulmates."

 He laughed. But it was a heartwarming, soft, laugh. Taking a look at my phone, I noticed the time. "I have to get going now"

"Oh right, me too. Want me to give you a lift?" he offered. "No thanks, I have to stop somewhere. But thank you for the offer. Also I appreciate you buying me a latte" I thanked him again. "No problem. Get home, I don't want you to get detention again."

"Why? Are you willing to write me up?" I sarcastically asked. "You think I won't. Ms. Yoo, I won't go easy on you just because you're my bestfriends sister."

"We'll see about that" I muttered. "Well then, Goodnight!"

"Yeah, things really have changed" I sighed, hopping onto the bus.


A/N: A little more details about their encounter :) Please stay tuned to find out what happens further in the story.