IV

That Would Be Me!

 

Sujin's Pov:

He doesn't think I like....girls, does he?

"Yah!" I smacked Hana who was busy dying on the floor from laughter. "This isn't funny!" she held her stomach even tighter. "Aren't you worried that Mr. Jung is going to think we're lesbians?!" I exclaimed, hoping to knock some sense into her. Hana finally composed herself, breathing in and out with the hopes of calming herself. She plopped herself from the floor and sternly looked into my eyes.

"Yoo Sujin, since when did you care about what other people thought?" she asked, holding my two shoulders in a rough manner. I lowered my head in agreement because in all honesty, I was never the person to care about what others thought but then again, for some reason I just can't be misunderstood. "That's right you never did. So why does it bother you what Mr. Jung thinks?" Hana asked, curiously. Because of him, that's why. But I can't tell her that. Either way, I can't let this bother me.  

I raised my head, finally understanding what she was really trying to say. "You're right! I, Yoo Sujin, never cared about what others thought of me. So why should I care now!" I yelled just to have Hana nod in agreement. "Exactly" she slapped my back. "Now let's go eat, I'm starving." 

For some reason I feel as if she just tried to awaken my inner fighting spirit for no reason. I shook my head, trailing after that sly fox

-

Lunch ended briefly after ten minutes of consuming burgers, fries, and nuggets. There's nothing better than ending half of the day with a full stomach, that's for sure. Just as Hana and I walked through the corridors of the building, a confession was suddenly unfolding in front of us. It happened to be Choi Junhong and the shy girl who sits at the corner of the room. 

Hana quickly pulled me back so we were able to watch from a distance. "Let's just go" I told her. Hana placed her finger in front of me and shrugged her shoulders. "Isn't it kind of rude to just listen?" I asked. "Yeah but I've always wanted to see a confession up close" she explained. 

When I first met Hana. She was the type who never knew when to shut up. Getting close to her was pretty quick though. She always came of as the look-at-me-one-more-time-and-I'll-stab-you kind of person. But what people didn't know was that if you got to know her, she was pretty fun and girly. She only kept that persona of hers because of her brothers. Living with four brothers who only played rough and games, confused the type of person she wanted to become. And I happened to find out one day that she was, in fact a great writer. Whenever she encountered anything out of the ordinary or love-related, she would always write it down. 

Stuffing her nose in other peoples business, is actually her way of coming up with ideas. But she always tends to write down things based on my life. I mean that's an honor and all, but it's quite creepy if you ask me. Fortunately, she doesn't keep up a front anymore. She began high school with a fresh mindset to become who she really wanted to be.

The sudden sniffs of a girl suddenly caught my attention. Is she crying? I asked myself in confusion. All I saw was Junhong's retreating figure from afar. Hana turned towards me signaling us to go. Walking to our class, Hana began to tell me of the sudden event. "You seriously didn't listen? " she questioned in disbelief. "Don't tell me, I bet your mind wandered somewhere, right?" I sheepishly smiled at her, "Something like that"

Hana said that the when she confessed, Choi Junhong suddenly bombarded her with questions as to why she liked him and all but she just stood there in shock, not knowing what to do or say. Hana thinks he used some type of pyschological method to confuse her and make her cry. Thinking about it, it's actually not a bad way to reject someone. But really thinking about it, he could've just rejected her nicely. Aiiish, that Choi Junhong. 

-

Classes ended after three remaining classes. All I did with my productive time was stare at Choi Junhong. How can someone be okay with not having much friends. Despite that, how can someone good looking be so cold blooded, especially towards girls. But something about him made him interesting. 

As I gathered my things and bid Hana goodbye, I began to feel uncomfortable. I suddenly decided to look up and to my luck, I found Choi Junhong staring at me. I don't know if this is suppose to be a good thing or a bad thing. But I'm getting the sense that this isn't good. Not good at all. As I mustered my courage to ask something he instead beat me to it. 

"Can I please talk to you?" he suddenly asked. 

For some reason, I wasn't receiving a nice invitation to speak but an aggressive one. I quickly did what my mind thought of, ....to run. 

"Sorry, Junhong but I need to head out really quickly!" I told him as I grabbed my bag and ran. He just eyed me with a look of suspicion. 

Running to the library, I retrieved my cell phone and began to dial Jia's number. As expected, she's probably changing. I sent her a message telling her that I would be waiting at the library instead of the 'usual' place. Emptying everything out of my bag, I grabbed the first book I set my eyes on. Alrighty then, I guess Biology it is. Flipping through the pages, I began to feel drowsy. Today was sure a tiring day, I whispered to myself until I drifted to sleep.

Instantaneously, I giggled at the sudden tickling to my nose. Why do I feel like someone's messing around with me. There's no way, why would someone try to bother me. Wait...just now, I heard someone chuckle. Shooting myself right up, I was suddenly face to face with the culprit. 

Mr. Jung?!?!?!

"Sorry, did I interrupt your precious sleep?"

"Uhh...kind of"

He apologized eyeing the wet Biology textbook in front of me. I scratched the back of my head smiling while slowly closing the book. Before Mr. Jung could laugh, I quickly brought up the topic about earlier. 

"About earlier today" I began. "What you saw was incorrect, I don't like gi-"

"I know."

"You know?"

"Yeah" he stated. "It was pretty obvious it was all because of some concert right? Your friend was really loud this morning" he said. "Plus, it was obvious you were on your phone as well" he stared at me very teacherly-like. I apologized, bowing my head in embarrassment. "But don't worry, I won't say anything"

"I'll only leave you off the hook this once" he sternly declared. "Just this once, got it?"

For some reason, I suddenly felt relieved. But not because of the phone thing. 

 


A/N: Sorry for taking too long to update. Thank you for subscribing and commenting! :)