The One (Hongseok)

Wait For Me ~Boy Group Oneshots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by BigBang_Kris

By lorrainnightray

 

"She's there, Jahye!" Hongseok was literally biting the collar of his shirt out of nervousness at the sight of his crush in the hallway. Even so, the bright smile on his face was really visible. He was leaning his back to the wall as he looked at the girl beside him, asking for help.

Jahye gave Hongseok a reassuring smile before she sneakily took a peek at the girl who was standing near the locker whom Hongseok had his eyes on. There she saw Kim Jisoo, the school's sweetheart standing near her locker, seeming to be reading the book on her grasp. She bit her bottom lip and narrowed her eyes, puffing her cheeks after. She had this habit of biting her lower lip every time she feels either confused, sad, or angry. She took a glance at Hongseok once more, making sure that Hongseok wasn't having any second thoughts which was replied with a nod by him.

Slowly, Jahye walked out of her hiding spot and approached Jisoo. She tried to act as normal as possible to avoid suspicion, it wasn't easy at all. Kim Jisoo was beautiful, and no one had ever denied that fact. She was one of the top student in the school and on top of that, she had a really warm heart.

Unlike her.

Jahye was an average student. Every part of her just screams normal, there was nothing special in her at all, or at least that's what she thought about herself. It was the truth for her. The bitter truth. Jahye's steps halted, and her chest tightened slightly. Yes, Jisoo was the one for Hongseok, not her. She shook her head to brush off the hope in her head and continued her steps towards the girl.

It wasn't a secret anymore that Jahye had a crush on Hongseok. They walk to school and eat lunch together everyday that people had started thinking they were a thing which was always denied by Hongseok. Jahye had no choice but to nod along with him. After all they were never a thing. She's just a friend, nothing more than that.

"Hey, Jisoo." She tapped the girl's shoulder.

Jisoo slowly spun around and smiled at Jahye after closing the book on her hand. "Hey, what is it?" Jisoo replied politely.

Jahye forced out a smile, "Someone wants to talk to you, but unfortunately he is too shy to say it." She pointed her finger to Hongseok without even glancing at him. She was afraid that the sight of him would make her do something stupid like crying right in front of him, but she was more afraid that he would notice the sadness or the tears in her eyes.

Jisoo drifted her gaze to the direction Jahye was pointing, blinked and looked back at Jahye. "Ah, is it Hongseok?" Jahye lowered her gaze and nodded, biting her lower lip to hold her tears back. She couldn't imagine how pitiful she must have looked like.

"Anyway, excuse me, I have something to take care of," she smiled politely at Jisoo and sprinted away. She sincerely hoped that she didn't appear rude to her because of that.

---

"And you're crying because of that?" Junhoe asked with a mocking look on his face as if what Jahye just said to him was very unbelievable. Unbelievably stupid. Jahye stuck out her lower lip and looked away from Junhoe, "I can't believe you really, you're supposed to make me feel better, idiot."

Right after she sprinted away from Jisoo and Hongseok, she bumped onto Junhoe, her cousin who (unfortunately) lived beside her house. They fought all the time that people mistook them as siblings. Even so, they loved each other dearly, but none of them would admit that.

He sighed and messed his own hair. "Love is stupid," he muttered under his breath. His gaze was focused on the view from the window beside him. The class was now empty since it was over about an hour ago, which gave him the freedom to do whatever he wanted to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter