Coming Home

You and I

Aren't you and Hanbin still friends?” Mino asked missing the way Yerin physically flinched at the sound of her former friends name as he started the car. She frowned looking out the window as they pulled away from the airport, two years ago she had left this same airport with high hopes only to return with nothing but old memories.

“Ah, I don't know we haven’t talked in a while” she shrugged trying to play it off like nothing was wrong, there she was again lying. She smiled at Mino hoping he would change the subject she didn't want to talk about Hanbin she didn't want to be reminded of the broken promises he had made her while she was in New York, to avoid speaking further on the topic she picked up her water bottle and took a drink.

“Must be the new girlfriend” Mino shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, Yerin was so shocked that she choked and water spewed from all over Mino's dashboard she coughed to clear her lungs while pounding on her chest.

“Excuse me what?” she rasped out still coughing a little, she took a deep breath in and whipped the tears from below her eye “Girl friend?” she asked to clarify.

“That was gross” Mino laughed as he pulled up to a red light “Absolutely beautiful, Yerin you are as graceful as a swan” he joked not realizing the internal crisis the girl was going through “Yeah he and what's her face have been dating for a year now”

She felt her heart sink, so that's why he had stopped answering her calls he found someone new to occupy his time. Just like that her worse fears were coming to life at the realization that she hadn't been that important to Hanbin after all. That she created this romance all in her head, she knew he was only her friend because of Mino. He only hung out with her because he felt sorry for her not because he liked her. “Who is she?” she asked curiosity getting the best of her, was it someone she knew? Was this girl better than her? How did they meet? Yerin looked at Mino expectantly as they pulled into his parking structure she chewed at her bottom lip waiting for his answer.

“Mmm don’t' know, but Bobby hates her though” he shrugged as he looked for a parking spot “From what I've heard she's entirely too nice to be true” he pulled into a spot and unbuckled his seat belt. “Lets go inside, you must be hungry” he suggested as she climbed out of the car, as if on cue she felt her stomach growl, unbuckling her own seat belt she climbed out of the car to help Mino with her luggage.

“Well good for him, he never really dated when you and I were together” she faked as smile as she threw her backpack over her shoulder and grabbed for her smaller suitcase. She didn't need Mino to know about her feelings for Hanbin yet she was afraid he would think she broke up with him to be with his best friend, and even though he had cheated on her in the past she couldn't hurt him like that. Mino had become her closest friend in the last two years and there was no way she was going to compromise that friendship. Mino yanked her other suit case out of the trunk rather harshly “Hey! Be careful my babies are in there” she scolded as she playfully hit his shoulder.

“Babies, please don't tell me you're referring to shoes” Mino frowned as they headed towards the elevator. “Oh my god! Yerin they're just shoes!”

“Are you referring to my limited edition Air Jordan Thunders as just shoes?” she asked eying him up and down it had taken her three months worth of pay and a little eye batting flirtation to get those shoes, for him to be throwing around her luggage. “Rude” she joked as she rolled her eyes and walked ahead of him.

“Ladies and Gentlemen this woman knows her shoes!” he announced to the cars “I'm in love, will you marry me” he cooed as he caught up to her.

“Haha no” she snorted as they climbed into the elevator.

“Is there no hope for me?” He asked his voice suddenly serious “You wouldn't give me another chance?” he asked looking to the ground embarrassed as to what he just said.

“I don't know” she smiled and gave him a soft nudge with her elbow “eh chin up, she's out there for you, or maybe he's out there for you” she smiled she hated to see Mino pouting or sad it pulled the strings in her heart more than she would like it to.

“Well I've got a friend” he started.

“No.” she immediately shot him down leave it up to Mino to try to hook up with someone as soon as she got back from the states. He had been telling her the entire time she was gone that she needed to date around while she was there, to meet a nice guy unlike himself. Which she always countered with asking about his dating life, that always shut him up really fast.

“But he's your type” he countered with a playful smile on his lips.

“No, I don't even have a type Mino” she glanced at him with a slight smirk

“Yerin” he clicked his tongue, he knew she had a type. Everyone had a type.

“Mino” she imitated as they came into his apartment.

“I don't know how we ever even dated, you're infuriating. I can't remember you ever being like this” he commented. “You never so much as raised your voice and here you are arguing with me, over shoes and boys”he chuckled.

“I made some friends in New York who taught me how to be a little more vocal” she smiled thinking about her friends who promised to visit her. Yerin had always been seen as the very girly shy girl, who was more considerate of other peoples feelings, and although she was still considerate she was no longer quiet and shy. In New York she felt like she found herself, found out who she truly was and it certainly wasn't some cute girly girl that she left Seoul as. Around her friends in New York she didn't have to keep everything in, in fact they always called her out on her bull and forced her to say what was really on her mind. “I didn't realize how much I'd changed until just now” she looked around his apartment it was clean despite three you men living in it, Yerin was almost positive they either hid everything in the closet or their bedrooms.

“You can sleep in my room tonight and in the morning we'll go to surprise your mom” Yerin was about to respond and say she would sleep on the couch that it wasn't a big deal when Mino's phone interrupted her mid sentence “Hey man whats up?” he asked answering the phone “Nah I'm with Yerin” he pause for a moment and mouthed that he was sorry to her, with a shake of her head she pulled out her phone and started answering text messages she'd missed while on the flight. “Yeah she's back. Hmm for good I think” she head clattering in the kitchen and assumed Mino was going to cook for dinner, “Nah don't tell him, he'll figure it out on his own, yeah, yeah” he muttered as he slammed a drawer shut “Drinks? Nah man she's staying at my place tonight so its probably not a good idea to go out somewhere, why don't you come over Yerin will make dinner” Mino spoke as he came back into the living room.

“Probably not “she looked up from her phone and blinked at him, she didn't feel like cooking after getting off such a long flight, really at this point she just wanted to sleep it off.

“I'm just kidding we'll order take out, yeah okay. See ya in a bit, bye dude” Mino plopped down next to her as he hung up the phone he tried to get a good look at her phone and smiled “Who are you texting, your boyfriend”

“Haha funny, its my brother he's filling me in on the plan for tomorrow morning” she looked over at him “Why jealous?” she joked “Was that Bobby?” she asked with a hopeful smile. Bobby was her favorite person he was sweet and talented and above all hilarious. His sense of humor was a bit odd at times but that's what she loved about him, he was odd in his own way. When her friends in New York asked her about her friends in Seoul. She could only describe Bobby as Bobby.

“Yeah he's on his way over”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Hanbin was busy writing lyrics on the couch back against the arm rest when Bobby exited his room looking like he was about to head out to a club, or a show. He looked up from his notebook and gave the older male a once over. “Hey I'm headed out” the older smiled and if Hanbin hadn't caught the weird looked Bobby had given him he might have gone back to his lyrics and pretended the other male wasn't weird for going to a club on a Sunday night.

“Where are you going?” Hanbin asked studying the older male, he'd already closed his notebook and sat up right.

“I'm not supposed to tell you” Bobby teased picking up his keys off the kitchen counter.

“Why not?” Hanbin inquired raking his fingers through his hair with eyebrows raised. He'd been feeling weird all day like some big news was coming. He wasn't particularly fond of Bobby keeping secrets either, because the last time Bobby had kept a secret from Hanbin he ended up passed out drunk in his own birthday cake with indecent pictures scribbled across his face. He was fairly certain Bobby hadn't deleted the pictures when he'd asked him too. Bobby and secrets always meant something bad was going to follow.

“Well since you asked” Bobby smirked, even worse than a secret it was the eating grin Bobby got when he was about to gossip. “There's a special guest in town” he baited the other sitting down on the arm of the couch tossing an apple in the air. Hanbin lifted an eyebrow as if to ask who, he didn't like playing games to get information out of people. “Park Yerin” Bobby smiled relishing in the shocked look on the others face.

Hanbin glared at the other not amused with his joke, he scoffed “Yeah right. Park Yerin” he rolled his eyes and picked up his notebook. He was done with Bobby's little game, and now he was in a foul mood which meant that he wasn't writing lyrics anytime soon.

“What you don't believe me?” Bobby asked clearly offended as he placed a hand over his heart. “She just got in a few hours ago. Mino just told me like five seconds ago”

“Yerin as in my Yerin?” Hanbin asked still highly skeptical.

“Yes” Bobby nodded taking a bite of an apple “Wait no she isn't yours. Minah is” Bobby reminded the other.

“And she's at that s house?” Hanbin asked tying to put two and two together. Park Yerin was back in town and staying with her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her.

“I mean they are friends” Bobby shrugged plopping down on the couch next to Hanbin.

“Since when?” Hanbin asked irritated as ever. Was Yerin really that stupid to hang out with Mino again. Really? Wait why did he even care? She could be friends with who ever she wanted it wasn't like they were still friends, or anything.

“Since she broke up with him” Bobby answered like Hanbin was the stupidest person on the planet.

“What is she stupid or something?” Hanbin snorted.

“Well while you wallow here in self pity like an angry little elf I'm gonna go see my friend” Bobby laughed getting up from the couch and headed out the front door.

When Bobby was gone Hanbin aloud himself to panic a little bit, if his best friend hadn't been lying then that meant the girl he'd spent the last year trying to get over was back in town. Which would only cause trouble. Should he avoid her at all cost? He'd already ignored her for the past year maybe she had decided to move on and make new friends. Still he felt like breaking his promise to call every day, especially when he knew she had been having a hard time in New York. Park Yerin wasn't supposed to come back she was supposed to have a successful career in New York doing what she loved, she was supposed to fall in love with a tall handsome American, get married and have children. Not come back to ruin everything he had been working for, for an entire year.

It may have been a little selfish of him to cut ties base solely on the fact that he no longer wanted to be stuck in her friendzone. He knew in her eyes that he was just a good friend, like a brother and he wouldn't watch her date again left on the sidelines. What was so wrong with cutting ties to better his own life? There was nothing wrong with it. He knew he had ever right to cut ties in a relationship he felt was poisonous to his life, but why did he feel like over it? Hanbin prayed to god that he wouldn't run into her anytime soon, he wasn't sure he would know what to say. How to act. Maybe she had moved on maybe she would hate him, and even though the thought of that he thought it would be better if she hated him.

He had Minah now, a girl sweet pure and innocent, she was cute and everything Hanbin looked for in a girl. She was quiet and thoughtful, intelligent, bright, beautiful, he could watch her for hours. Wait why was he describing Yerin?

 

About ten minutes into his crisis Jinhwan came into the apartment smile on his face, Hanbin had forgotten they were supposed to have video game night. “Where's Bobby” Jinhwan asked plopping down next to the younger.

“Who knows he made up some excuse that Yerin was back and left before I could get a real answer out of him” he huffed out in frustration ruffling his hair.

“That's why Mino called me” Jinhwan exclaimed jumping up from the couch, much to Hanbin's surprise. Bobby was the only one who was still even close to Mino both Jinhwan and Hanbin had cut ties with the rapper as soon as Yerin left. “Well since Bobby's already over there. I'm gonna go too” Jinhwan smiled apologetically before grabbing his jacket and leaving Hanbin once again to his own thoughts.

“” he muttered throwing himself back on the couch.

 

“You'll call me right?”

“Of course”

“Promise?”

“Promise!”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

“Bobby!” Yerin screamed as she launched herself into her friends arms. “I missed you so much!' she sang pinching his cheeks. “Wow! Our Bobby got so handsome” she joked like she was a distant relative seeing him for the first time in ten years. Bobby glared at her as he set her down on her feet, she only laughed, “Oh Jinhwan!” she exclaimed letting go off Bobby to hug the other male. “I didn't know you were coming over” she smiled.

“I'm just going to throw this out there, Mino was totally right you seriously got ho-”

“Don't say it” she interrupted Bobby before he could finish his sentence “I gained ten pounds and cut my hair. Its hardly a change” she sighed. She hated being the center of attention and if Bobby and Mino kept complimenting her appearance she was going to become the center of attention.

“Maybe its the way you dress now” Mino shrugged hopping onto the couch “Not so innocent anymore eh Yerin” he joked lifting his eyebrows up with a cheeky smile. Yerin gave him a fake look of disgust before sitting down in the arm chair.

“I wasn't innocent before” she lied, she was as innocent as they got two years ago. Mino above everyone else would know how innocent minded she used to be.

“I'm calling bull” Jinhwan laughed ruffling her hair on the way to sit down.

“Okay fine! Little innocent Yerin grew up.” she threw her hands up in frustration, she forgot that the three of them were the main culprits of teasing her on a daily basis. “I lived in New York. I had to survive”

“I told you! You’re so thug now!” Mino exclaimed pointing a finger at her with a wild smile on his face the other two boys burst out laughing in agreement;.

“Oh my god I'm not a thug” she whined hurling a coaster at the laughing boy.

“Thug” he whispered swatting away the flying coaster heading towards his face. Yerin smiled at him, it was truly great to be home. Tomorrow she was going to surprise her mother at the restaurant she couldn't wait to see the older woman. She had gotten rehired for her usual summer job and even better the cafe she loved so much was still open. Yerin looked at her friends and smiled because she knew that everything was going to be okay as long as she still had her friends. As long as she didn't run into Hanbin.

 

 

Here you go almost three thousand words of pure crap! Seriously not proud of this chapter. Which has been written for three months but I was so unsatisfied I didn't want to post it. Its been too long trying to figure out a way to make it better so here you guys go. A lot more to come my finals end tomorrow so I've got all summer.

I wanted Mino and Yerin to have a more playful relationship seeing as they've maintained contact through the years and they'd known each other for a long time. So she can be playful with him like he's an older brother. She's still the sweet considerate Yerin except for the fact that New York pulled her a little out of her shell and I think we all know what that's like when we meet a friend who helps us be as loud and obnoxious as we really are deep down, the kind of friend you stay up laughing with until three in the morning.

 

Next chapter she runs into Hanbin dun dun dunnnnn.