Ramen Song

You and I

It was a few weeks after she had gotten back when she ran into Hanbin and of all places at her favorite cafe. She had arrived in the morning to fill out applications to audition for a few companies she was interested in and because she missed her favorite barista. He walked in with who she assumed to be his new girlfriend and she felt more than bitter that he was bringing her to their place. To the place where their friendship had blossomed, where she came for comfort.

 

He ruined her mood the moment he stepped in the door holding that girl's hand, she automatically hated the girl's guts. It had been a long time since she had felt anger so strong, she gripped her pen and tried to calm herself by taking a deep breath.

 

He noticed her when he turned away from the counter intent on sitting in the spot where she was, she could tell by the way the smile on his face noticeably fell. She blinked at him a few times as if daring him to come over and speak to her.

 

She knew he would feel obligated to and it would be more awkward for him than it would be for her, because he had been the one to screw up their friendship. It wasn't like she couldn't see that he had read her messages, and chose to ignore them.

 

“I didn't know you were back” he gave her a small smile trying to hide his lie. Bobby had told her the look on his face had been priceless, and that he wasn't happy she was hanging around Mino again. “When did you get in?”

 

“A couple weeks ago” she replied setting her pen on the table, she was surprised at how calm her voice sounded because she was anything but calm on the inside. She felt like running, or crying maybe both. She wanted to scream at him and hug him at the same time, because even though he had all but destroyed their friendship she still craved his company.

 

“What about school?” Hanbin was nervous she could tell, he probably didn't want to run into her and had been avoiding it at all cost. It wasn't easy to do when she was friends with all of his friends, and had been spending a considerable amount of time with Bobby and Jinhwan.

 

“I transferred back there wasn't much more for me to learn” her voice was quiet but there was a tone of bitterness to it. How dare he ask her about school when he knew how her classmates and professors had treated her because she wasn't proficient in English. “Wasn't really the school for me” she shrugged taking a sip of her coffee “Besides, I missed my family and friends.”

 

She was hoping to hit him with a low blow she kind of wanted to see him grovel and beg for forgivness but she could tell it wasn't going to happen. He had erased her from his life and was doing just fine with out her. She could do the same.

 

“Hanbin who is this?” the small figured girl he had come in with peeked around his shoulder at her with a smile on her face. Yerin wanted to hate her. She had perfect skin and the kind of eyes perfect for batting to get what ever she wanted. Her voice was even soft toned and delicate the kind of thing you'd expect from a sweat well mannered young lady. Kind of reminded her of southern bells in American movies. She was everything Yerin had been in the past but way more adorable.

 

“I'm Yerin” she smiled extending her hand to shake, Minah bounced around Hanbin to take her hand. “I'm one of Hanbin's high school classmates” she wouldn’t call him a friend she wanted him to feel that sting of regret.

 

“Not one of his exes right?” Minah pouted and Yerin had to admit it was absolutely adorable. She hated it.

 

“No definitely not one of his exes” she stared at Hanbin but couldn't decipher the look he was giving her. “What does it matter anyways, you guys are dating now and isn't that what's important?” Minah nodded her head with a bright smile, she looked at Hanbin and back to Yerin, she probably knew there was much more to the story but she was going to play dumb and pretend she didn't notice the tension. It was the same thing Yerin would have done.

 

“You look busy we should go!” Minah grabbed onto Hanbin's arm and Yerin felt her eye twitch. She hated that she had to run into him alone, and with Minah none the less. She hated that he was happy and that his girlfriend was the walking embodiment of perfect.

 

“No its fine. I've got a date with Jinhwan anyways” she gathered up her belongings and stuffed them into her purse. She wanted to get out of there as fast as she could

 

“You and Jinhwan are dating?” Minah's eyes shot open wider than before if that was even possible. Yerin gave her a look, her and Jinhwan and been friends for a while but he had never showed any interest in her before. She hadn't even considered him an option, they were best friends.

 

“Jinhwan is my best friend” Yerin shook her head, how could Hanbin's girlfriend not know anything about his friends? She knew that Bobby didn't like her much, but Jinhwan hadn't expressed any bad feelings about her. He'd just shrugged his shoulders and said she was alright. Meaning he neither disliked or liked her.

 

Minah made an o shape with and blushed embarassed, Yerin couldn't tell if it was real or fake and she was starting to understand why Bobby didn't like her. “It was nice to see you Hanbin” she said as she brushed past him to leave the small cafe.

 

Yerin let out a frustrated scream as soon as she made it to the park, she felt like she was the one who had ruined their friendship. Why hadn't he apologized or even tried to come up with an excuse? He had been the one who had ed things up, he had broken her heart. Not the other way around. She felt tears form in her eyes and she was quick to stop herself. There was no way she was going to cry over Hanbin again.

 

She found herself at Jinhwan's apartment a few hours later throwing back her head in laughter at Bobby and Mino as they danced about the apartment rapping about ramen. Jinhwan jumped onto the couch with a cooking spoon in his hand to sing the chorus and she doubled over laughing at the sight. Bobby disappeared for a few minutes and came back with a guitar and gave her a huge smile. “We need music for the song”

 

Yerin took the guitar without questions and played a really intense classical beginning “RAMEEEEEEEEEEEN!” She scream sang as she started playing a modern beat. The guys quickly followed behind and went back to dancing around the room while she play the guitar.

 

They had to stop the party when the lady next door started banging on the door and threatening to call the landlord. Mino and Bobby went back to making the ramen they were supposed to start an hour ago. Yerin kept strumming along quietly to a lullaby she had written while she was in New York. Jinhwan was sprawled out on the couch staring at her fingers move. “You play better now” he mumbled.

 

Yerin looked up at him and nodded her head “I had a lot of time to practice.” Jinhwan knew better than anyone else how hard living in New York had been for her. They talked on phone most nights when she couldn't sleep and she would be walking around central park. She'd been friends with Jinhwan much longer than she had known anyone else they had met in middle school and very briefly dated in high school. She shared everything with him, including how she felt about Hanbin. He hadn't told her than Hanbin was dating and she was kind of angry with him about it but she was sure he thought he had her best interest at heart.

 

“Play me that one piece you played for me when I came to New York last year” Jinhwan moved to his back to stare at the ceiling. She switched to a different tune the one she had written in the middle of the night a year ago it still didn't have lyrics. She had been trying to put words to the song but had been unsuccessful so far. “Still no lyrics?” he asked turning his head back to her.

 

“No, isn't it sad enough without lyrics tho?” she chuckled as Bobby rounded the corner with a hot pot of ramen cursing every time it splattered on his hand. Mino came with the bowls and chopsticks, once they were all situate around the the table Bobby started telling her this animated story about the guy who owned the club they did shows at named YG and how he was the creepiest person he ever met . Jinhwan did an impersonation of the man which had Yerin on the floor laughing.

 

Which is when Hanbin made his grand appearance for the second time that day. The entire apartment went silent, as he stared at the group a glare on his face as his eyes landed on Mino “What the hell is he doing here?” his voice was calm but everyone could see how pissed he was about it.

 

“I brought him with me” Yerin sat up as Hanbin's eyes flickered to her, he was about to scoff at her and she could see the condescending look in his eyes. He didn't have the right to judge her choice in friends. Mino had more than apologized for everything and had more than made up for it. Hanbin had been the one who stopped answering he wouldn't have know how often Mino or Jinhwan had come to her rescue.

 

“I'll leave don't worry about it Yerin.” Mino chummed in patting her knee which brought an even fouler scowl on Hanbin's face.

 

“I'm going with you” she stood up. “I'll talk to you later” she apologized to the guys with a small smile. Jinhwan nodded his head he understood why she wanted to leave. Part of it had to do with Mino's unfair treatment and the other part just to get away from Hanbin. Even Bobby understood he smiled at her and stood up like he was going to join them.

 

“I'm fine Yerin” Mino smiled and urged her to sit back down she shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest she wasn't staying. Mino rose to his feet and tried to push her back into a sitting position “Really sit down and enjoy your afternoon.”

 

“Lets go to the studio” she grabbed his arm and started towards the door where Harbin was already standing. “My day's already been ruined” she muttered as she pulled Mino out the door, she made sure to wave goodbye to Jinhwan and Bobby before shoving the door shut rather harshly.

 

Bobby looked at Hanbin “Really?” he rolled his eyes and stalked back to his bedroom, Hanbin didn't believe he had done anything wrong. He had made it more than clear on several occasions that he didn't like Mino.

 

“What is everyone going to side with Mino?” Hanbin threw his hands up in the air offended that his friends were all shifting away from him. It was all because Yerin had come back from New York. She came back and ruined everything he had been building for two years. In the coffee shop he wanted to reach out and hug her. He had felt the urge to apologize but he hadn't. He had lied.

 

“It has nothing to do with Mino and you know that” Jinhwan answered with a little extra sass in his usually neutral voice.

 

“I moved on what's so wrong with that!” Hanbin exclaimed.

 

“Because moving on doesn't mean cutting ties” Jinhwan shook his head, annoyed with his best friend. “You could have told her about Minah and stayed friends with her, but you read her messages and never replied.” Jinhwan shrugged his shoulders “You were in the wrong.”

 

“She was stringing me along!” Hanbin tried to defend himself.

 

“We both know that's a lie. Yerin isn't like that.” Jinhwan was getting pretty fed up with Hanbin running from his feelings and the fact that he was the one in the wrong. “She isn't perfect but she would never lead someone on. She wouldn't have told you how she felt because she wouldn't want you waiting for her. She would have wanted you to be happy even if it wasn't with her.” Jinhwan left him with that, he disappeared into Bobby's room and Hanbin stayed in the living room trying to come up with an excuse not to feel guilty.

 

“What was that all about?” Mino asked Yerin who hadn't let go of his arm after they left the building.

 

“Nothing I just wanted to spend time with you” she faked smiled hoping he would drop the topic.

 

“Mhmm bull. What happened between the two of you?” Mino wasn't going to let it go and Yerin knew she wasn't going to be able to escape his questions. She let out a sigh and looked at the ground, she had no choice but to tell him what really happened.

 

So she told him what happened with Hanbin. 

 

 

 

 

 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat after a year I beleive I have finally found my inspiration again. WOW a year I feel so bad to everyone who was watiing. Thank you for patiently waiting for me. So they story may take a slightly different turn than I originally planned but its a good turn. There will be more interations/run ins with Hanbin and a secret other person. Love triangle?? Who knows. 

As always I love comments tell me what you liked, didn't like, therories, I enjoy reading comments

Telling me what you think helps me become a better writer.