IV: She Knows

The Lost Ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

Dara has been working for three weeks at the Park's household, one more week and she plans to move into a cheap dorm next to the university. It is a bit far from the Park's house, but she has calculated her monthly income and managed to make a saving. The Park's give her 800,000 Won for a starter, she has met Eunmi's mother who kindly gives her a tip after hearing that she has been taking good care of her daughter.

She knows she is not the brightest worker, she often does mistake and sometimes burns her hands when she is cooking. But, she is the most honest and very hard worker the Park's have ever had. She is an eager learner, she never complains and that make the Park's very happy. 

But sometimes, Dara feel a slight disappointment when Lee Chaerin is not around. In a week, she only comes in a weekend. Spend more time with her in-laws, then read a book for a long time. She has never seen the wife, Park Gyuri, the daughter of the house was never around. And Chaerin never smiles, except when she is drinking Dara's handmade coffee. 

Meanwhile at the office.

"Juhyun!" A light blonde woman storming inside the young lawyer's office room, who is now staring at her with a lot of questions expression on her expression.

"Unnie, you can please knock..." she complains in a very polite way, then keeps her concentration back to the computer screen again.

"Chae stop drinking alcohol," she is talking to the younger woman with happiness all over her face, that words make Juhyun stop whatever she was doing.

"Are you serious?". 

"Yes, let's go to her room now. I noticed it since three days ago." The older woman drags the younger woman to follow her.

They walk eagerly to Chaerin's office, none of the employees dare to mess with those two. Even the higher up people, because they know those two are a very close friend to the CEO. Chaerin has been rewarded for being the CEO since Gyuri's father stepping out from his position and trust it to Chaerin. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon is leading the trading department and Juhyun in the law department. However, none of the employees ever seen the daughter of the owner of the company at the company to work. She always comes only when the company has a party.

Hyoyeon noticing that her bestfriend, Chaerin is not drinking any alcohol for the past three days. No funny flowery smell on her soda, no strong hint of kahlua on her coffee, or a smell of whiskey on her tea and she drink pure water, not vodka. They barge in without knocking to Chaerin's room, fortunately, the woman have no guest at the moment and reading something. She stares at Hyoyeon and Juhyun with an irritated expression, the younger one quickly bows to say sorry, meanwhile, the older one just grins and sit on the chair in front of Chaerin's table.

Hyoyeon takes Chaerin's glass of soda, she smells it and found nothing funny. Just a plain soda, then she gives it to Juhyun. The younger woman takes a time to smell it and actually drink it, then she smiles widely. 

"What happen Chae?" Juhyun asks, Chaerin and she only have four months difference in their age.

"You realize you should've asked me first if you want my soda instead of asking a question back? Don't you Juhyun?". 

"I do, and what happen?" A stubborn Juhyun makes her perfect as a lawyer.

People often deceived by her beautiful look, she often called as a barbie, good for nothing girl, until she slays everyone inside the room from her endless debate. Seo Juhyun always wins, especially when she was underestimated. 

"Nothing happens Miss Seo," Chaerin answering, not amuse by the smile of the two best friend smile. 

"No, answer me Lee Chaerin." 

"Nothing happ-"

Knock... Knock... Knock... 

Their conversation is halt by a sudden knock on Chaerin's door, the gold blonde haired woman knows very well who is standing behind the door. Three days in a week, when she have no business lunch, the girl come with food from her mother in law and she will make her a cup of coffee. Before Chaerin manages to answer, Hyoyeon opens the door. 

Revealing a beautiful brunette girl with a box on her hands, she bows to Hyoyeon, "Sandara..." 

"Miss Lee, I bring a lot today. Choi-yang, tell me your friends will have lunch with you too." 

"Get in Dara." Chaerin know very well, the younger girl will never step inside the room if she is not invited.

She gets in with a slow step, bows to everyone and starts to arrange the food on the table. Just like usual, then she will make a coffee for Chaerin and wait until the older woman finishes eating. Dara offering the other for a coffee, Hyoyeon and Juhyun asking for a coffee cream while Chaerin stick into her usual long black. 

After a long fifteen minutes, Dara coming back the table with a two glass of ice coffee cream and one ice black coffee. Within three weeks she works for the Parks, Dara learns how to make the coffee having less ground and still using her method of the manual brewer, a drip. And Chaerin loves her coffee, very much. 

"Stay," Chaerin holds the younger girl's wrist, today she just wants Dara to company her.

It was only the two of them usually, Chaerin eat and Dara will sit to wait until the older woman finishes everything. Then she leaves, but today, her two best friends are coming and she does not want the younger girl being so far away from her.

"But-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter