CH.2

Obsession

One day, in the middle of winter; months after Rylie and Zoey became roommates, Rylie was at work and Zoey was home alone. Zoey was just starting a movie when she heard a loud thud outside her door followed by a yell and a bang against her door. She got up to investigate what the commotion was. When she opened the apartment door she noticed Siwon lying on the floor. “What are you doing down there?”

“I slipped on the stairs.” Siwon said rubbing his head.

“Come on in so I can bandage you up. People might get the wrong idea about you if you walk around with that blood running down the side of your head.” Zoey grabbed his arm and helped him up into the apartment. “You should be more careful; those stairs can be really slippery with everybody dragging snow in. I wish they’d hurry up and fix the elevator.” After she cleaned the blood up and put a band-aid on the bump she sent him on his way.

“How about I buy you a thank you dinner later tonight? I’ll even throw in a movie because you saved my life,” Siwon said with a laugh. Zoey agreed and went back inside to get ready for her date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“How’d the date go?” Rylie asked as Zoey walked through the door. Zoey must of not heard her because she kept walking right passed and toward her room. “Zoey?” Rylie asked again; getting up to follow, “is anything wrong?” She was concerned for her friend and roommate.

“Wrong? Oh no, nothing’s wrong. I’m just fine I mean why should anything be wrong? The date was a lot of fun!” Zoey smiled and walked into her room, “I’m really tired. Can we talk about this in the morning?”

“Yeah. Goodnight.”

“Night,” Zoey said shutting her bedroom door. She couldn’t get Siwon’s words out of her head. ‘Why? Why not me? What’s wrong with me? Me?! That’s right it’s not me… it’s her… she’s the cause. This is her fault!’ Zoey’s thoughts soothed her to sleep that night. She would find a way to pay Rylie back for interfering in someone else’s life.

~~~~~~~~~~

“So how did last night go?” Rylie asked Zoey as they sat on the couch eating breakfast.

“It was nice.”

“Nice? That’s it?”

“Well Siwon’s kind of shy so I didn’t want to go around advertising that we’re together.” Zoey looked down at her bowl of cereal, “he asked me not to tell anyone because it’s none of their business.”

“Oh! I’m sorry to bring it up.” Rylie apologized.

“Its fine I’m sure he didn’t mean you. But just to be sure, don’t tell him I told you.”

“I won’t,” Rylie promised. “Look at the time! Sorry I can’t stay and talk; I have to get to work.”

“Have fun,” Zoey called over her shoulder as Rylie raced out the door.

At work, Rylie was finishing up with a customer when Siwon walked in. “The usual?” she asked him.

“Yeah, thanks,” he said. “I can see you’re busy so I’ll get out of your way.”

“Bye,” she called as he waved and left.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: yeah its a slow progression and short chapters but bare with me for a bit. thanks :)