Chapter 2: What's Going On?

Home

The next day, everything was exactly the same. Taemin woke up, put on his robe, and ate peanut butter toast. He threw on jeans and a hoodie, and ran to his carpool, holding his plain black umbrella above his head to escape the pouring rain. He sat in silence and watched the water droplets trickle down the window pane as the other kids talked loudly. Finally, he arrived at school and quickly left the car, pulling out his umbrella again. As he was going to his locker, his phone buzzed. It was a text from Jongin.

"Hey Tae, I'm sick so I'm not coming to school today," the text read. Taemin sighed.

" uuuuuuu," Taemin typed back.

"Dude at least ur nose is not completely stuffed and ur so hot ur burning a hole in ur ing blanket," Jongin replied.

"Well, u get to talk to ur bf all day," Taemin responded. Suddenly, the second bell rang. Taemin locked his phone and ran off to class, already late.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Taemin, Taemin," Mr. Wilson, Taemin's math teacher, said softly as he shook him. Taemin awoke with start, shaking his head and blinking to adjust to the bright lights of the classroom. Taemin's classmates giggled, and Taemin glared at them sleepily.

"So now that you've woken up, Taemin, what's the correct answer to this equation?" Mr. Wilson pointed to a complicated equation on the whiteboard. Taemin's eyes widened, realising that he had no idea what the correct answer was. Suddenly, Mr. Wilson's TA burst into the room, then stopped when he realised he had interrupted class. Taemin smiled, happy that the TA had saved him from complete embarrassment. The TA's name was Minho, and he was a sophomore, a year above Taemin. He was tall, on varsity soccer, and was the third hottest guy in the school (according to Taemin and Jongin, at least). When Minho smiled at Taemin, he quickly looked down at his paper.

Mr. Wilson sighed, but beckoned Minho closer anyways. They spoke in hushed voices for a few minutes, then Minho left. Just as Mr. Wilson turned back toward Taemin, the bell rang, and the class was dismissed. Taemin smiled all the way to his next class.

~~~~~~~~~~

After Taemin's fourth class, it was time for his lunch. "What am I going to do today, it's not like I have any other friends," Taemin thought. He sighed. "I guess I'll just do my homework," he thought. Taemin stuffed his earbuds into his ears and walked off to the library, looking down at the ground. Suddenly, Taemin dropped his ipod, and all his books went falling. He bent down to pick up his stuff, a blush creeping over his face. When he finished picking up all his books and papers, he looked up, and a boy was standing over him.

"Hi, what's your name?" the boy asked him all of the sudden. He held out his hand for Taemin. Taemin grabbed his hand, and the guy hoisted him up. Taemin looked the boy up and down, giving him a strange look. He looked around Taemin's age, maybe a bit older. "Why is he talking to me," Taemin thought to himself. He gave the boy a once over again before his eyes widened. "This guy has cat ears. And a tail. What the ?" Taemin thought.

"Oh, um, I'm Taemin," he sputtered out, still staring at the strange boy. The boy grinned, grabbing Taemin's arm.

"Good," he said, and ran down the hall, still tightly holding onto Taemin. They ran out of the school and into the park right next to it.

"What the hell are you doing?" Taemin yelled. The boy ignored him and kept running. Finally, they stopped in front of a tree. Taemin was panting heavily, his hair and clothes completely wet. He pulled his hoodie over his head, despite being already soaked. The cat boy ran one his fingers along the bark. Suddenly, the tree opened up, and the boy walked in."What the hell is going on?" Taemin thought before stepping in after him.