Chapter I

The Runaway

"Alright, roommates will be as follows. Adelaide and Marie will be roommates, your room will be at Rm.459. Carrie and Veronica, Rm.460. June and Bea, Rm.461. And Lily, you'll be rooming with me, Rm.462. I asked the staff to give us personalized access to all four rooms, just in case. Also, I asked that we be given a common room, to meet at every morning, if we need to give announcements to each other. Any questions?" I concluded. 

"Yeah, when's that meeting thing you were talking about?" Bea asked. I fumbled around with my planner, and saw that it was tonight, at 7 pm, over by SM Entertainment's building. 

"7 PM, tonight. So, if you plan on going somewhere today, be sure to be back here by 6:30. And bring your city maps or your GPS's or something, just to be safe," I said. 

"Oh, and label your bags," Marie smirked naughtily. Oh no. "Apparently, someone here had a run-in with a total stranger because she forgot to check whose bag she's getting. Oh and she scored a guy too!" I looked at her, as she began laughing madly like a school girl high on her hormones, or something. 

"I wonder who that could be," I muttered. "And for your information, I did not score a guy. He looked pretty uninterested, also, I'm very pre-occupied at the moment." Marie merely smirked at me, once more, before laughing again. I swear, that girl, it doesn't help being the second to the youngest member. "Anyway, right now, I'll give you free time. You can rest, take a look around the hotel, or head out. Just be sure to be back by 6:30."

I walked over to Lily and I's room, and began to unpack. "Hey, Viola. What was he like?" Ah, god, can't we just get over this. 

"He was...nice, I guess?" I opened my bag, and began to hang my clothes in the cabinet. "He was pretty forgiving considering that I nearly stole his bag." Lily laughed and kept on asking about him. How he looked. How he spoke. "Well, he was tall, had really dark, wolf-like eyes. His hair was jet-black, and well, he was just pretty well....uhm...nice." 

"You said that twice now. He's nice, yeah. What's his name?" 

"I don't know, but he's in a band called "EXO". If that's what their name is," I continued making myself at home, until Lily screamed. 

"Oh my god! You met them!" 

"I met one of them," I waved my hand dismissively. "It's not a big deal." 

"Sure it is! We'll be working with them!" She said. "We don't need to be lost puppies anymore, cause we're gonna work with them, and have lunch breaks! We found ourselves some tour guides!" 

"Lily, we're here to work. Not to be tourists, you should remember that. The audiences's happiness goes first before ours, that's the burden of a performer," I said. "That's the burden we are left with." 

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, but come on, Viola! EXO and Allegro collab! Can't you see the many possibilities?" Well, she's right, yes. But, we aren't gonna last long here, so, what's the point of a collaboration. "And maybe, just maybe, you can finally find someone to be with." 

"Ugh, what makes this country any different? Men repel me." 

"But he didn't run away, Viola. He stayed," Lily said. "Right?" 

"He gave me my bag." 

"Well that has to account for something," She smiled at me. "Look, instead of thinking like a mother hen, why don't you hang out with us for a while? It's been a long time since we've loosened up and had fun. You're always looking after us, that we forget that you're still our Viola." 

"Our Viola?" I smirked.

"Yeah! That Viola that used to skip rehearsals to have fun! You know, the fun Viola!" She smiled at me. "Sometimes, I think you work too hard. Always so focused and calculated in her work, Mademoiselle Viola. Always the mother hen, type." 

"Stop it, I'm just doing what Monsieur de Grance told me to do. I owe him that, at the very least. Without him, we wouldn't be here. We owe him our success." 

"But we also owe him the family we made, Viola. You know what? Let's go out, just the two of us. And you know take a walk around the city. We might bump into your friend again." 

"That only happens in movies," I shook my head, unconvincingly. "There are millions of people in Seoul, surely, and stastically, we won't bump into him, within this time period. He's probably at his dorm or something, with the rest of s, you know...taking a rest !" Before I could protest, Lily had dragged me out of the room, and we headed out. 

                                                                            ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬

"Seriously, Viola! We have to try the hot pot, here, sometimes!" Lily skipped as we walked through Chinatown. "Oh yeah, and do you think we should buy these?" I looked up from my phone to see her holding up a huge dog doll. "It's only 50,000 won. So you know, we won't get lonely, and all. We can place them in our room." I gave her my permission, and smiled at her. "Yay~" 

She bought two dogs, and gave one to me. "You didn't have to buy me that, Lily." She insisted. "Alright, I'll name her...Chloe." 

"Didn't think I'd see you here," Someone said from behind me. I flinched and I whirled around to see...him. "Hi."

"Uh...hi, you alone?" I asked, looking for the other members, that he was with in the airport. 

"Yup, I was just taking a walk," He said. "I'm sorry for the whole bag thing. Really didn't mean it. Also, I didn't quite catch your name. My name's Tao."

"Oh, uhm...Viola," I said, sticking out my hand for the traditional handshake. "No, I honestly think I should be sorry. I should've been careful." 

"No worries," He said as he continued to look at the items in the shop. Okay, uh...what now? I attempted to make small talk as I remember his look of amusement when he realized I was part of Allegro.

"I heard you knew about us, you know, Allegro."

"Yeah, we were able to see you guys in Germany, during your concert there. We were even introduced onstage, but I guess you don't remember that," He smiled. "Probably not, considering how busy Allegro is. We were told you guys were arriving along with us. We just got back from Singapore."

"I could tell, why else would you be in Incheon, if you weren't arriving in from somewhere else? You're a busy man, along with the rest of you." 

"I could tell you are as well," He grinned. He turned to Lily, who in turn gave me a knowing look. "Hello," He greeted her, doing his very best to be polite. 

"Hey. Name's Lily," She introduced herself. " If it means anything, thank you for helping Viola a while back, at the airport, she's always such a clumsy old hag, sometimes." 

"Clumsy, yes. Old hag? I'm not so sure. Hey, I have an idea." Lily and I turned in all ears. "Why don't we take you on a tour sometimes? I mean, we need more material for our series, EXO Showtime. It would probably help our ratings, and yours as well. Call it a joint movement." 

"I'm gonna have to check into that," I admitted. "We don't usually engage in guest starrings, considering our busy schedule, but yes, I do believe that this will help our ratings."

"Great! I'll ask Suho, as well," He said. I don't know who this Suho guy was, but okay. "Is this your first time at Seoul?" I nodded. 

"I have a  feeling some of us might get lost, despite our GPS's and maps, and all," I frowned. "Considering that I haven't been here yet, it doesn't help matters that I don't know where to go as well, right now, I'm just relying on the communications system and the taxis." He snorted at me. Talk about firsthand experiences with commuting in Seoul.

"That's going to be expensive. Here," He handed me his subway card. "Use that. It saves money rather than getting on a taxi or a bus. The subways here can get you anywhere in less than 2 minutes, and for a cheap rate." I tried to give him back the subway card.

"Wait, how am I supposed to return this to you? We might not see each other around, often, considering your schedule. I'll just buy my own, and besides, how are you gonna commute, then?" He handed me a piece of paper. And in turn, I looked at it, in confusion.

"First off, if you need someone to hang with, there's my number, or if you get lost, just ring me or something. Second, I have tons of those subway cards, it doesn't matter. Call it a welcoming gift, we foreigners have to stick together, in this place. I haven't exactly gone to see the totality of Seoul yet." 

"You sure?" 

"Positive," He gave me an earth-shattering grin. "Now, how would you like to get a firsthand tour of Seoul, along with your friend? I'm considering about extending my walk just to help you guys get started, well, since we're working together." Lily grinned at me, and motioned for me to say yes. 

"Alright," I agreed. Oh god, what have I done? I have completely let a total stranger into my life, like that, willy-nilly. Well, maybe not total, but I barely know him! What the hell have I done. I mentally face-palmed myself. Let's just hope he doesn't get any ideas with advancing or anything. 

"Stop overthinking, Viola," Lily whispered. "He's just here to help. Unless of course, you're putting malice into this whole thing." 

"What! No!" I hissed. "It's just that...this escalated quickly. Things that escalate quickly tend to fall down! And you know that." 

"And I know you, you're overthinking this too much. Let's just be happy, someone was kind enough to show us around. Viola, give yourself a chance to trust this guy. He's already helped you once." 

"Fine." I looked back at Tao who was staring at the street, with a gaze that I believe can penetrate through a thousand bullet-proof walls. His gaze was always just so...primal, and just so...mysterious, in a sense, despite his warm personality. And in that moment, I realized that I, Viola Mathieu, was checking Tao of EXO out. He looked behind me and gave me another smile, before holding out his hand. 

"Come on, Seoul's waiting." I shakily took his hand, while going down the steps that lead to the shop, but immediately, pulled back upon reaching levelled groung. "Trust me, you're gonna love Seoul," His eyes twinkled upon saying that, and I couldn't help but be mesmerized by it, but of course, I looked away, hardened my gaze, and became professional with him once more, and gave him a half-smile.

Behind me, I could hear Lily silently cursing about me getting set up, in which, I, in turn, nudged her. "Viola, if this guy doesn't hook up with you, I don't know who will," She whispered to me.