The Separation [이별]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM- For You it's Separation, to Me, it's Waiting- Jaejoong [click here]

Exo was led into the house and was brought into the living room. Everyone took a seat, and even Hanseul's teachers and trainers came to spectate what was happening. 

Hanseul secretly stole glances at the twelve werewolves. She was excited to finally meet someone from the other realm besides the people she had been living with all her life. She needed someone to confirm her world. She had always been taught about it, but nothing beats seeing them with her own eyes. Some days, she was worried if she was insane, perhaps she was a freak and the magical realm didn't exist at all. She wasn't sure if it was the fact that she had met twelve werewolves had calmed her down, or if it was the presence of the twelve men that made her feel at ease. Either way, she didn't have a problem with the way she was feeling: affirmation. 

Hankyul sat down on one of the antique throne-like chairs, with both of his arms resting on the sides as his eyes probed into each of their souls. It was as if his gaze could penetrate all. "May I see that brooch?" He asked calmly. 

Kris nodded as he handed it to him. 

Hankyul examined it as Yoochun, who was standing by his side, paled. It did belong to the Queen; Hankyul recognized it almost immediately. He almost didn't want to admit what this meant. The two strongest people he had ever known in this world... were gone? He swallowed harshly as he tried to fight against his body. He didn't want to appear weak in front of these twelve wolves. Tears stung his eyes, but they never fell. 

The princes, however, had stronger senses than those of werecats, so they could sense the tears about to prick the werecat crown prince's eyes before Hankyul himself could even realize that his eyes had betrayed him. 

Hanseul just sat on a two-person couch with Leo as her brow twitched. She tensed at the stiff and suffocating atmosphere. She didn't understand why it felt so hard to breathe. 

Hankyul looked up as his eyes flickered in insecurity. "So... tell us what's going on." He finally said as he struggled to keep his voice even.

Suho and Kris, being the leaders introduced themselves and explained how Henry had come with that brooch with instructions on how to find the missing Crown Prince and Princess of Feliane, and how the throne to the Feliane kingdom was bare. King Kyungjong and Queen Inhae were no more; Hankyul would have to step up to the throne. 

Daehyun paled considerably. Yoochun kept his composure, but his mind was already pacing. Some of the retainers looked mournful and were already grieving while the others remained dead silent. 

Hanseul's eyes widened in shock as she held her breath in anticipation. Did this mean that she was finally going to be allowed to enter the magic world? Was she finally going to be able to see the truth for what it was? All her life she had felt out of place. She had always been itching to explore where she felt she belonged: the magical realm.

Life was cruel to a girl like her. She had to spend all her spare time learning about a world she would never visit. She had never made real friends besides Leo, because she could never let go of the life that could have been hers. She had never been able to fully adapt to Earth because a voice, however stupid this might sound, kept on calling her away, away from this mundane life and into a world filled with action where she truly belonged. She could never resist that voice inside her head, so she gave into it. She only dreamed about the day where she could be accepted as she truly was. It didn't matter to her that she was a princess or not. She never had really felt like one anyways. All she wanted to do was to find a place her heart would be able to truly call home.

Hankyul massaged his temples with his right hand. This was his mother's sign: it was time to bring Hanseul back. They had gone over what to do before, but he hadn't even told Hanseul anything yet. He hadn't told her about her abilites and responsibilities because he and his parents both wanted her to have a chance to grow up normally without having that kind of burden on her shoulders. He was supposed to tell her on her 18th birthday. 

"Alright, everyone. Get ready to enter the magical realm." Hankyul said. He glanced to his side. As much as he didn't want to admit it, the wolves were right. Hanseul would be safer with them and... it was what his parents had wished for.

"Hanseul and Leo, you guys are going back to Exo with the Alphas." 

Hanseul's face fell. So perhaps she was a banished princess. She opened to argue but she couldn't when she saw the pain and grief that was evident on her brother's face. He had just lost his parents. Technically, they were her parents, too, and she did feel bad about it, but Hankyul connected to their biological parents on a different level than she did. She could see the news take its toll on him. 

Leo looked bewildered. *Hanseul--* 

*Leo, let's go. I don't want to make anything harder for oppa. He looks devastated.* Hanseul thought. 

Daehyun's eyebrows furred. "Hyung! You can't possibly think of sending Hanseul with them!" He argued. 

"It's not like we'd hurt her." Luhan scoffed. 

Hankyul closed his eyes in frustration as a low growl emmitted from his throat. Daehyun didn't notice it. He was too concerned for Hanseul's safety. "We can protect her fine! Hyung, we need to think this---" 

Hankyul turned around to face Daehyun with a killer glare through the eyes of a predator, and with the gaze of werecat royalty. "Don't question my choices, Jung Daehyun. You are coming back to Feliane with me. It's obvious that she isn't safe there if my parents were murdered. We can't risk her at any costs." He said with authority as he nudged his head to his one and only family member left.

Daehyun hated to admit it, but Hankyul had a point. The demons wouldn't just attack the Exo kingdom, and not only that, they were more intent on chasing the werecat race down because of Hanseul. Perhaps she would be better off with the Alphas.

And so it was decided that Leo and Hanseul would leave with Exo. Hanseul didn't know what to feel. At least she got to visit the magical kingdom for once. She never thought she would be able to. She went downstairs as soon as she finished packing.

"Oppa." She said, tearing up as she gave Yoochun a hug. She had been with these people all her life in this mansion. It pained her a little bit to part with them now, no matter how much she had wished for action and adventure. Yoochun ruffled her hair and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Stay out of trouble, mmk? Don't make it too hard on the Princes while you're in Exo." He said as he put his hands on the two sides of her face and made sure she was listening. She reluctantly nodded.

Daehyun looked at her in the eye. To be honest, if she left him now, he didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter