one

Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We're no stranger to the concept of soulmates and past lives. Lovers who couldn't be together in past centuries promising to find each other in a next life, where they can finally be happy.
 

In a Japanese-occupied Korea, japanese socialite Lady Hideko fell for Sookhee, her korean handmaiden. Promising to find each other again to be happy together in a next life.
 

Unfortunately, our protagonist doesn't believe in past lives and probably not even in soulmates. Kim Dahyun thought that such kind of stuff belong to books and movies, not to real life.
 

Even if she has been having the same unexplained dreams since she was sixteen. But she doesn't know life has other plans for her.
 

The persisting sound of her alarm buzzed in her ears annoyingly bringing her back to the real world.
 

It was the same kind of dream again, no longer bothering to try to understand what it means anymore. The same scenery from last week: two women -one around the same age as her- running away across a beautiful green field. She doesn't recognize them,  all she can see it's that they look happy,  and then she wakes up.
 

Dahyun groaned, turning off the alarm. Sitting up, her gaze settling on the red slipper on the floor, having a moment to consider if she should go to class or just stay in bed. 
 

Do I really need to go to class?
 

Her consciense's voice pretty much yelled Yes in her mind. She groaned as she finally dragged herself out of bed. 
 

Lazily putting on the same slippers she was looking at, she made her way to the bathroom. Her morning routine pretty much started with washing her face, and brushing her teeth. If time allowed it, then she would get a quick breakfast. Her inexistent cooking skills ended up with her having cereal most of her mornings. If she was lucky, she convinced Chaeyoung–her roomate–to make some pancakes.
 

She paused spotting a bright yellow note on the mirror. Dahyun continued brushing her teeth while reading it, her sleepy sharp eyes scanning the short sentences.

 

Dubs, I had to leave early!
Just letting you know :P see you.
—Chaeng

 

Dahyun got used to not see her best friend as much lately. Chaeyoung has been working in some project about painting, consuming most of her time. Dahyun put the note away and washed to get rid of the toothpaste. Her outfit for the day was pretty much already choosen, not that it was any different to the past ones. As usual, Dahyun put on a hoodie and jeans, and her favorite sneakers. Followed by putting on some deodorant and fixing her hair.
 

Giving herself one last look at her reflection in the mirror, she lifted her hands pointing fingerguns at herself.
 

“You look great.” Dahyun said to herself, childishly grinning at her own gesture. If Chaeyoung was there she would get a pillow thrown at her.

 

In the kitchen, she ended up settling for some cereal, frootloops to be exact, and poured some coffee to go in an attempt to not fall asleep during Mr. Cho's boring class.

 

Having all ready, she made her way out directly to her car.
 

That car was like her baby. Dahyun bought it for herself, having to work at her uncle's workshop for almost two years to make enough to afford it. She made sure it stayed clean inside and out.


Throwing her both her backpack and sportsbag inside, it pretty much took her twenty minutes to get to school, knowing she will get an 'Late again, Kim?!' by Mr. Cho if she doesn't find a parking spot soon.
 

Her eyes scanned the parking lot desperately. Nothing, nothing, nothing.
 

But it seemed the universe had some mercy on her, cause there was when she saw it. An empty spot.
 

Bingo!
 

Dahyun giggled to herself, driving directly to her deserving spot.
 

But her hands gripped the wheel tightly as the sound of the breaks and tires stopping so abruptly indicated her awful morning was about to start sooner than planned.
 

Thank god for seatbelts.
 

"What the hell!" Dahyun cursed. Her coffe spilled everywhere and her backpag ended up on the car's floor. Her head immediately turned to the car right next to hers. 
 

It seemed that this person had their eyes on the same spot as her and speed up to get it first. To her surprise, it seemed the owner was a girl. 
 

Dahyun frowned harder, getting out of the car decided to face this driver. She closed her door, a little too harshly for dramatic purposes, and approached the girl who just got out of her own car as well. 
 

There she saw her nemesis. The girl seemed right out from a colorful bubblegum pop music video, but she didn't really seem familiar, at least, Dahyun doesn't remember seeing her around.
 

Dahyun may have no idea who is this brunette who just ed with her day, but the students watching their little scene do. 
 

Minatozaki Sana. Very pretty and a total sweetheart— unless you try to take her parking spot and almost crash her car. 
 

“Hey–”
 

“Can't you see?!” Sana exclaimed before Dahyun even could say anything. 

 

The shorter girl blinked, kind of shocked, but there wasn't any other reaction she could expect.

 

“Wha–I saw it first!” Dahyun protested, refering to the parking spot.
 

“I park here everyday!”
 

She's a bad driver AND a brat? Dahyun thought.
 

Sana's high pitched voice only ended up irritating her more, spitting word after word at the shorter girl. The little audience a few meters away found it funny the contrast between the two. It made the younger girl look like a no-good bum next to the other one. Sana seemed to think of school as her own Burberry fashion show. 
 

“Well, it clearly doesn't have your name on it, does it?”
 

“It doesn't have yours either.”
 

The two just yelled at each other, arguing next to their cars resulting to create a little conmotion around them. Dahyun hated unwanted attention, especially now when all she can think was of her parents' yelling at her for being a stupid driver, as her mom tends to call her. They never really trusted her behind the wheel.
 

Okay, Dahyun, be the bigger person. People it's starting to watch. Don't be late to the class you're already failing because of this girl.
 

Dahyun sighed. this.
 

“Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't see you, okay?”
 

Sana blinked, she felt a little taken a back at the other girl's sudden change of attitute, and studied her eyes trying to figure out the reason.
 

“I got a small scratch and you got a broken light, thankfully. I can take care of mine and you take care of yours, would that be okay?”
 

With crossed arms and a serious face, Sana hesitated for a moment. Fixing the damn light would be cheaper and her mother wouldn't yell at her.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter