III

Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was noisy as usual in the lockers. It was Game Day, the team was getting ready to go on the field. Among the semi- girls, Lisa grinned when spotted Dahyun in the middle of changing into her uniform.

 

Standing with only in a sports bra and her favorite red sweat pants Dahyun looked hard through her bag with a frown on her face.

 

“Just who I was looking for!” Lisa grinned once she approached her. “I saw you yesterday.”

 

“You saw what?” Dahyun replied with almost no interest, too focusd looking for her socks, already expecting nonsense coming fron her friend's mouth. If there was someone more excentric than Dahyun, that was Lisa.

 

“Don't act like you don't know. You and some girl." She whistled. “Damn, Dubs. What happened to Kyulkyung?”

 

Dahyun stopped, discreetly cringed at the mention of the Chinese girl. The team was well aware that their defender and Kyulkyung were occasionally hooking up, they weren't really hiding it, especially not Kyulkyung who saw it as a medal she can show to others.

 

"You're getting it wrong, ." Dahyun grabbed a towel lying on the bench and threw it directly to her face.

 

"Why? And don't say it's just a friend. Pretty girls who bring food after practice aren't just friends"

 

Dahyun rolled her eyes.

 

“Do you've a kink, Dubs?” Lisa joked while laughing.

 

“What does that even mean?” Dahyun looked up narrowing her eyes not being really surprised, she knew nothing coherent comes out from Lisa's mouth.

 

“Seulgi-ah, our Tofu has thing for foreign women.” Lisa ignored her and trapped the pale girl in a headlock to which Dahyun tried to get away from. Seulgi, who was tying her shoelaces, looked up. "Who wouldn't love these squishy cheeks!"

 

“Ack! Let me go!”

 

“Then means you are her type too.” Seulgi added between the lighthearted laughs, getting a disgusted expression from the two.

 

“As if!” Lisa let the shorter girl go from her grip.

 

“I like pretty foreign women.” Dahyun said as she composed herself, finally grabbing her shirt to wear it.

 

“Hey!” Lisa punched her on the arm, getting one punch back from Dahyun. The two started to playfully push each other around.

 

Seulgi, their Optimistic and good spirited captain, quietly laughed at the jokes. Among the three, she was the voice of reason but couldn't help find it funny at how these two pick at each other for a living. Lame jokes and mockery it's how Lisa and Dahyun seemed to connect and Seulgi finds it amusing.

 

“Okay, okay. Let's keep all this energy to beat the Clovers.”

 

“Worry not! We got this game in the bag.”

 

Clovers were their rivals for the night. It was the one team they needed to defeat before they were able to go the finals.

 

"I'm gonna give you a punch for every goal they get us."

 

"We won't be goaled if you do your job as a defender!"

 

***

 

Almost twenty minutes later, the team stepped into the field, all ready and dressed in their red uniforms. Coach Park instructed them to start doing their warm ups before the game started.

 

Dahyun turned her head to her right, there was lots of familiar faces among the crowd, some were friends and others just people she has seen around campus, but her eyebros raised in surprised when she spotted a familiar girl with wavy brown hair. Dahyun was sure it was the first time she sees her in one of the games. Sana was in company of her friends, some of them wearing the red and black colors to show support.

 

Their coach blowed his whistle for the players to gather around him who was about to gave his usual speech from before every match.

 

"Who would've thought Sana would be watching a soccer game."

 

"I still think is dumb, seeing a bunch of people running behind a ball." As soon as Sana finished her sentece her eyes caught Dahyun who seemed focused at whatever their coach was saying.

 

Being the noisy girl she was, it didn't go unoticed by Nayeon who followed Sana's gaze, realizing it was settled on the athlete.

 

“I knew it.”Nayeon grinned, checking soccer player out. “Number 7, huh?”

 

Momo swallowed in on go the piece of hotdog she was eating before speaking up in "Satang!"

 

"Ugh" Sana's tone indicated she knew what they were trying to do.

 

Jihyo laughed, patting Sana's back to work as the usual mediator. “Yah, will you tease Sana with every friend she gets?”

 

“They're not friends if they're in the soccer team.”

 

“Yeah, just look at Nayeon thirsting for Jeong.” Momo added, getting a slap on back causing her to choke with her food.

 

“I'm being supportive! Number seven is an eye candy, so good choice, Sana!”

 

Sana shook her head in disapprovement. “You're such hyenas.”

 

“Please, don't compare us to Nayeon.” Jihyo added holding her hands up. Their little convo got interrupted by one more whistle coming from the referee this time. The two teams got on their positions on every respective side of the field.

 

The crowd cheered for the players, watching the referee place the soccer ball in the middle. Dahyun and her teammates had her eyes on it. The player from the Clovers' team kicked the ball when whistle was blown again, making a pass to the girl next to her.

 

All the way from the other side of the field, Dahyun along with three more defenders guarded their goalkeeper, focusing on the ball as well. The tension went up when the Clovers got to score one goal in the first twenty minutes. Lisa punched the grass with her fist, obviously upset at herself. Coach Park was yelling at his players from the sidelines, making even Sana flinch all the way from her seat.

 

Her eyes moved to Dahyun who at this point was already sweating as much as the rest of the players who were panting trying to not lose too much air, needing it to keep running. Their spirits lifted once they managed to score against the rival team. It was a goal made by Yoo Jeongyeon, running around flashing a smile.

 

Sana covered as she laughed while watching Nayeon cheer a little too loud for their liking, hurting the ears of everyone around her.

 

The crowd broke out into a loud cheer Goal!

 

The goaler was none other than Kim Dahyun this time, who was brave enough to leave her side to approach the rival and kick it directly to their goal line.

 

Look at that parking lot thief. Sana grinned to herself, watching the pale girl run back to her mates, doing a silly victory dance.

 

That was it, there were only ten minutes left. If they keep defending correctly they will win.

 

Sana played with her hands nervously, her eyes still watching the pale soccer player who remained focused and sweaty on the field. Just as predicted, there was an eruption of cheers once the referee announced the game was over. Their team won.

 

Lisa ran to the middle of the field to hug her teammates, Dahyun couldn't stop grinning.

 

"So, how was the game, Sana?" Nayeon grinned. "Still think sports are boring?"

 

"Your number seven did great, Satang." Momo teased, pushing her with her side. Sana ignored their remarks, knowing well that there was no point in getting annoyed cause it will enourage them more to pick on her.

 

Everyone started to disperse, except for them who were almost forced by Nayeon to stay a little longer in hopes of congratulating Jeongyeon who went to the lockers. Some soccer players started to leave as well. Lisa walked with her bag hanging from the shoulder, chewing gum when she spotted the same brunette she saw the other day. Her smile went wide like a chesire cat.

 

"Hey," Lisa approached the group of girls. She thought greeting Momo, who she had known from before, would be a worthy excuse to get her target. As expected, Momo waved while Nayeon was in a mixed of surprise and excitement to have one of 'Jeongyeon's friends' talking to her. Jihyo and Sana remained clueless. "Did you girls enjoy the game?"

 

"Yes, you all did great." Nayeon responded. The others nodded in agreement.

 

“Thanks,” Lisa chuckled, then turned to the girl next to Nayeon. “Hey, aren't you Dahyun's girl?”

 

Sana's eyebrows went up, surprised at the sudden question Lisa directed at her. She had seen the goalkeeper around campus but they've never talked before at all, the japanese brunette didn't know that Lisa indeed know who she is. All her friends turned to her, throwing her confused looks.

 

Sana looked at them and them back to Lisa, an awkward smile on her face. “Sorry, I think you're mistaken.”

 

Lisa put her hands inside her vasity jacket. “Maybe I am. Too bad though, you seem nicer than Kyulkyung.”

 

Jihyo's mom friend instincts set off an alarm. She had totally forgot, she heard stuff going around about Zhou Kyulkyung and Dahyun, the soccer player her friends were teasing Sana with. If that Kim Dahyun hanged around people like Kyulkyung then it was the kind of people who tend to cause trouble, and Jihyo is protective of her friends, especially of girls as sweet as Sana.

 

Lisa held her gaze like trying to read her. Sana still found odd with the whole inusual interaction.

 

“So, why don't you girls come to our party?” The soccer player spoke, changing the topic.

 

“I don't k–”

 

“We would love to!” Sana didn't get to finish, interrupted by Nayeon. The oldest girl getting glares from Jihyo and Sana. “Will.. Jeongyeon be there?”

 

Nayeon, what the hell. Sana thought.

 

Lisa smirked. “Of course, she is the team.”

 

The rest felt lowkey embarrassed when the oldest girl squealed. “See you there then!”

 

***

 

After Lisa's invitation, Nayeon spent some good ten minutes trying to convince Jihyo to go. Momo joined in support of Nayeon, knowing she would get free food and alcohol if they managed to convince Jihyo and Sana to tag along. And it worked.

 

The four stood in the front of Lisa's house. The place was spacious and could hear the loud music coming from inside. Everyone who mattered happened to be there, recognizing many of them as they made way for themselves while walking through all the people.

 

"Jennie-ah! Jisoo!" Nayeon threw herself at her friends, separating from her own group. Sana watched her getting hugs from the two girls, then looked to her side noticing Momo was nowhere, and could spot her at the other side of the house getting herself a drink.

 

Among many bodies and noisy music, Dahyun sat on the couch with a drink in her hand, not paying any attention to the conversation that was being held around her.

 

“Dahyun-ah...” A tipsy Kyulkyung suddenly sat on her lap. She shifted uncomfortably on her seat as she got sly smiles from her friends as they watched how the chinese girl circled her arms around her neck.

 

Dahyun suddenly didn't know where to place her hands. Chaeyoung's voice resonated in the back of her mind, she would never put an end to this and get away of Kyulkyung if she keeps giving in to her.

 

this.

 

Dahyun got up from her seat, kindly putting the girl to the side. “I need to go to the bathroom.”

 

“Want me to go with you?” Kyulkyung laughed, biting her lower lip.

 

“No,” Dahyun responded without even looking back, rushing away from them, losing herself among everyone. Hiding in the bathroom for a few minutes, at lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter