.II

Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung recalls that time, months ago when she walked half asleep to the kitchen to start making some coffee and quickly froze when she heard some noise. 

 

She knew it definitely wasn't Dahyun. The monolidded girl never wakes up early. 

 

Slowly  approaching the kitchen, there she saw her. It was Kyulkyung stealing her yogurt. 

 

Chaeyoung was furious, and realized Dahyun wasn't even aware of it as she was so confused when Chaeyoung woke her up to complain, that's how they knew the Chinese girl would let herself in uninvited.

 

Dahyun's weak approach to stop her from it wasn't useful at all.

 

Now it happened again today.

 

There was an unbearable eye contact, and the smirk on the taller girl was as if Kyulkyung was mocking her, so the next thing the short girl did was storm into her bestfriend's bedroom.

 

“She needs to stop wandering here as if she pays rent!” Chaeyoung was fuming.

 

“Chaeng, breathe.” Dahyun made slow inhale-exhale gestures.

 

“I'm serious, Dahyun!” The shorter girl slapped her hands away not too hard though, just enough to indicate to take her seriously.

 

“Okay, I'm gonna talk to her, yes?” Dahyun tried to calm her down, noticing how exalted her best friend was. Chaeyoung has never liked Kyulkyung, never. The words she would use to describe the Chinese girl would be empty and superficial, so her reaction to finding out her and Dahyun were 'fooling around' with each other was–tragic. Among all the girls, why did Dahyun have to get with the most annoying and superficial one?

 

Even more when Kyulkyung wouldn't go away. ‘The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, Chaeng’ was what the monolidded girl responded when Chaeyoung questioned why does she keep seeing her.

 

It only got worse when Kyulkyung would keep appearing after borrowing (stealing) the emergency key the two best friends kept under a pot , realizing that she didn't get the memo about her not being Dahyun's girlfriend. 

 

But it wasn't like any of them wanted something serious anyway.

 

So far, Kyulkyung pretty much always found a way to piss Chaeyoung off, even if it's just by breathing. And Dahyun couldn't deny it, the girl was a little too much. Every time the soccer player was about to end their whole  thing, Kyulkyung always made sure to change her mind.

 

Kim Dahyun really was weak.

 

“You better, Dahyun. I'm serious.” Chaeyoung pointed a threatening finger at her. “And keep the door open. I know her intentions.”

 

Dahyun gestured her to calm down and walked back to her room, leaving Chaeyoung in their living room. Inside, Kyulkyung was sitting on the bed scrolling down her phone.

 

Kyulkyung laughed, cinically. “What's her problem?”

 

“You can't just get in like that. It would be nice if you could at least knock.”

 

Kyulkyung rolled her eyes knowing these were Chaeyoung's words. “Whatever”

 

“I'm serious, Kyung.”

 

“Fine, I will knock.” She put down her phone, finally paying attention to what the korean girl was doing. “Let's go out today, Dahyun-ah.”

 

“I can't. I got practice today. We got a game tomorrow, you know that.” Dahyun carelessly said while getting her stuff into her sports bag.

 

“Right.” The girl popped her bubblegum.  “Aren't you going to invite me to watch you play?”

 

Dahyun shrugged her shoulders. “If you want to.”

 

There was a silence as she continued packing her uniform.

 

“Should I give you some good luck?” Kyulkyung spoke up and pulled the other girl closer by her shirt.

 

A white and red stripped pillow flew through the open door directly at them. Kyulkyung pulled away fast enough to avoid it, ending up impacting hard against Dahyun's head.

 

“Not on my watch!”

***

 

Sana scanned the field, gripping the paper bag tighly. She could count with one hand the times she had been to this side of campus, exactly at the soccer field. She could hear the mix of yelling and whistle a few meters a way from where she was sitting.

 

Inside the paper bag there was a hamburger and fries, she made sure to bring a cold drink too.

 

I hope Dahyun likes sprite.

 

Sana wanted to thank Dahyun for being so nice yesterday, even after Sana was so rude to her.

 

Her eyes watched the players running around until she finally spotted the pale girl. There was the distinctive number Seven at the back of her shirt under her last name. 

 

As Sana watched quietly from the benches, seeing Dahyun like this, with a focused look on her face, so decided to control the ball and score, gave her a different feeling from the Dahyun she met the day before.

 

She never understood the hype for these kind of sports, she couldn't bring herself to understand how those girls find it fun to train during this hot weather running after a ball.  But, who is she kidding? Sweaty Dahyun was nice to look at.

 

It was the coach's whistle indicating the practice was over what brought her out of her thoughts. Her eyes finding the younger girl who was high five-ing one of her teammates and then started walking to get her bag, looking inside it for a water bottle.

 

She drank messily, as if she would die if she didn't have water, causing the liquid to go down her neck and wetting her shirt. Sana teared her eyes away when she the way sweat and water would slid down her neck.

 

Dahyun walked lazily out of the field, then her eyebrows furrowed in confusion spotting a familiar brunette.

 

What is she doing here?

 

Sana smiled a little bit wider when Dahyun noticed her and started to walk to her. The bag on her shoulder seeming heavy.

 

“Hey, you.” Dahyun greeted.

 

“Hey”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter