Chapter 14

Nico di Angelo visits Hogwarts

A/N: Hi 

:

(i just wanted to say that some of the items/stuff they can do here doesnt appear in the books. some is just pure imagination :D)

:

Bye

Eyes were all on them; 6 demigods, each trying to prove their own worth. Whiffs of ozone and smoke were smelt, with an occasional blackout every now and then. Loud feral noises were heard and grunts and moans of pain were felt. Nico gave a yell of fury. These all were experienced fighters, fighting like dancers, elegant but deadly, intriguing but scary. All knew their boundaries; one step out of the forest and they were out of the fight. So far, Piper and Frank were out, but both were on the sidelines, watching the match with a dozen other witches and wizards.

Jason held his usual sword, imperial gold, coated with gasoline to provide more power. Leo stood behind Nico, burning fire in his hand. Hazel, a deadly look in her eyes, mouth set in a snarl. Nico was in the centre, the only demigod who was still calm and collected. Nico gripped a small dagger in his left hand, only about 40 centimetres long, made for close-range duelling. A bead of sweat found its way down Nico's temples and he quickly rubbed them away.

Hazel snapped and leapt at Nico. Nico was amused and faced her. He lunged at her and striked at her chest. Then, he made a forward slicing cut, swinging his sword from the overhead position aiming at her shoulder. She sidestepped and swung her knife from behind her and Nico ducked under the blow. He swiftly threw his dagger behind him at Leo, who was advancing slowly. Leo quickly deflected it with a fireball and took out a sword made of imperial gold. Nico summoned the shadows to form a staff.

The staff was thin and long, measuring up to 5 feet in length. The tips of each side were coated with darkness and the staff was made of stygian iron. It was made for the purposes of ing, blocking and striking better than the average martial arts weapons. It was dark like a nightmare and closely resembled the murderous look in Nico's eyes. Sweat trickled down his back, flowing freely like condensation on a window pane. It beaded on his neck, a slid down his jaw.

Nico twisted the staff and stabbed Hazel using a special backhand technique. Hazel barely dodged the hit and stumbled to the ground. Nico held the staff with both hands and raised the staff. He brought it down to the earth with a deafening sound. He pure instinct and barely deflected Leo's hit. Leo frowned and brought the sword over Nico's head and swung it at his head. Nico held his staff in a standard grip, hands apart such that the staff was divided into three equal sections. He kept the staff parallel to the floor and raised it to his head just as Leo's sword came down. Nico pushed Leo's sword away and disarmed him. He rotated his staff and lowered it, hitting Leo's shoulder, causing the boy to kneel on the ground with a thump. Nico sweeped the staff under Hazel's feet and Hazel came crashing down, unmoving. Nico raised his right hand and lowered his left, such that the staff was now aimed at Leo at a 45 degree angle. He extended his right arm and brought his left hand across his chest. He forcefully the staff towards the ground, inches away from Leo's chest. Leo rolled to the side and leapt to his feet, but Hazel was still a sitting duck, lying on the ground, unmoving. Nico felt a tinge of regret, but he hardened his heart. In a real fight, a soft heart led to death. Nico walked over to Hazel's side and used his feet to roll her out of the forest.

The fight was now between three of the four best fighters at both camps. Jason watched from above and decided that this was his cue to interject. He could tell that Nico was slowly releasing his pent up emotions from the past few days and was not holding back anymore. The usual grin on Leo's face was replaced with a grim frown. He slashed at Nico's arm and twisted his hands, making him drop his staff. Leo was triumphant, but not for long. Nico smirked and he shadow-travelled to behind Leo. He picked up the dagger he had previously thrown at Leo and brought it to his neck. Leo bent under his arm and turned to face Nico with a wild grin. His face was flushed, a stark contrast compared to the brightness of his smile.

"You have gotten stronger…" Leo muttered. Nico took advantage of this short moment of distraction to grab the staff with both hands and it into Leo's chest, a few more inches in and Leo's ribcage would be snapped for eternity. For real. Leo threw his hands into the air and conceded defeat, walking over to where the other demigods stood. Nico finally showed a hint of accomplishment while his drenched shirt clung tightly to his lean body.

Jason eyed the boy carefully. He could not detect a single type of combo or technique he was using. He seemed to change his strategy with each move. Jason lowered himself to the ground. He knew that Nico was already exhausted but even when tired, Nico was no easy person to deal with. Nico had beaten everyone at camp half-blood and camp jupiter at least 5 times, with the sole exception of Percy. The closest match he and Percy ever had was a tie. He landed on the ground softly. Nico's gaze was steady, watching his every move, feeling his every breath. He held his staff perpendicular to the ground, waiting solemnly for an attack. Jason narrowed his eyes. He did not know what game Nico was playing at, and he intended to find out.

Jason lunged at Nico and sliced at his right arm. Nico jumped above the blow and brought his staff slamming down onto Jason's back. Jason grimaced and stood up clumsily. The blow Nico had just dealt had hurt him greatly, but he knew the rule; never let your opponent know your current state of health. Nico brought up his front knee and drew his staff all the way behind him. Then, he stepped out towards Jason into a deep long stance and the staff at Jason, hitting him squarely in the ribs. Then, he drew the staff under Jason and swung it to the left. Jason frowned and dodged quickly, knowing that if not for his adhd, he would have been crushed. Nico had become more skilled than Jason thought. Looking up to the sky, he commanded the lightning to heed his command. He willed thunder and lightning to rain down on the boy, but what Nico did surprised him. Nico glared at the lightning and demanded that the shadows reside in it. The shadows obeyed and flew into the lightning, making the lightning now dull and black, formed out of the purest and darkest energy in the universe. The lightning was now a servant of Nico, and heeded his every command. Jason was shocked. He had never known that somebody could control anything in his father's domain, much less the signature feature of the sky; lightning. Jason's original idea of a friendly and safe match was now shattered. He knew how focused Nico became whenever he fought and was careful not to incur his wrath.

Nico stepped into a cat stance, weight mostly supported on his back leg. He bent forward slightly, waiting for the boy's attack. He looked like a lion, studying its prey eagerly. Jason creased his eyebrows and delivered a roundhouse kick to Nico's stomach. Nico could not dodge it in time and the force hit him with great impact. Jason was about to apologise when Nico held his hand up.

"Stop. One must reach his weakest point in the fight before he can win." Jason nodded and stepped back as he resisted the urge to run up to support Nico. Nico had gone through so much and Jason wanted to do anything he could to prevent the boy from over-exerting himself. Nico crawled to his feet and the crowd cheered wildly. Nico shot an annoyed glance at the team and effectively silenced them. He put his staff aside on a nearby tree trunk and unsheathed a Zweihaender, a rarely seen two-handed sword. It stretched upward reaching a lengthof 70", and weighed from 3-14lb. Primarily used against pikes and halberds at longer ranges, it also had an unsharpened part of the blade—called a ricasso—just above the primary guard. The ricasso could be gripped in close quarters combat. These kinds of Zweihaenders usually had a smaller, secondary guard that protruded from the main blade. It was made of case-hardened ingots and thin leather lined the grips. He used both hands to hold the hilt, and he stood in a horse stance. He drew one leg back together with his left arm and swung hard at Jason's supporting leg. Nico followed that with a parry, and chop all aiming at Jason's weak spots. Jason's left arm took the blow for his leg and a deep cut was formed. Jason winced in pain but quickly replaced it with a mask of determination.

Nico smirked and took up his staff from the ground and released his Zweihaender. He spun his staff, returning the shadows to its rightful places. The staff disappeared and Nico reached into his pockets. He pulled out two identical deadly looking weapons. They were two karambits, hand-forged from 5160 steel, with a light coat of oil over it to prevent rust. Each curved blade was slightly over 3 ½ inches in length, heat-treated to a 59-61. It was a fine fighting-knife design, double-bladed, meant for slashing and ripping defence. The wooden handle had ribs milled in for a firm grip and the had a 'O' ring as part of each blade. He gripped them in a reaper grip, and slashed at Jason's arms. Jason soared to the sky to avoid the blow, but that was his fatal mistake. He had fallen into Nico's trap.

Nico grinned and commanded the ghost lightning to hear him and they struck Jason, the sizzling sound of his armour barely audible over his screams agony. Jason was immune to the normal lightning, but this lightning, no, it was not in his father's control. Jason dropped towards the ground and prepared for the impact. Incoherent strings of curses were muttered and he out about 20 feet in the air. Nico's sharp eyes noticed this and he immediately formed a shadow padding on the floor. Jason landed on the padding softly, but multiple ribs were broken.

At this point, many of the bystanders were applauding at Nico's victory against the strongest few demigods. Nico himself wasnt smiling. How could he be pleased when he nearly killed his friend? He pulled Will to Jason's side and folded his arms moodily while Will worked his magic. Will shut his eyes and had on a peaceful expression. His entire body glowed with a dim light and he hummed using the magic of Apollo. Jason's ribs slowly mended themselves into position, but before they could do so completely, Will went out like a lightbulb and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Nico turned around sharply and his heart skipped a beat. Will was motionless on the floor, sprawled out and unconscious. A gazillion thoughts raced through his mind. What had happened to Will? Was he dead? Why had he out after using only a tiny portion of his healing abilities? Nico chewed on his lips nervously. He could still feel Will's life source firmly in his chest, beating away at his usual musical tempo.

Now, Nico was confused. What could be wrong with Will then? Perhaps he had not slept well the previous night? Nico put his hands on his hips. That must be the case. He strode over to Will's side and picked him up, stumbling slightly under the weight. Frank and Leo went to Jason's side and lifted him up. Frank and Leo looked expectantly at Nico and he walked over to their side, making sure that they had all placed their hands on him, he was ready to set off. Just then, Harry tapped Nico's shoulder and he jumped in response. He had forgotten about the team the moment Will was out and now, he felt a sharp twinge of guilt.

He told Harry and his friends to latch on to him and not let go. Nico peered in Hazel's direction and found her standing up, seemingly recovered from the blows he had dealt on her. Hazel looked at Nico with a distressed expression on her face. Nico met her look with an inscrutable glance in her direction. He gestured for her to stand in front of him and she botheredly agreed. She looked into his eyes, and in them, she found indifference and listlessness. Her own heart broke into two and she rested both her hands on his shoulders.

"If you arent happy here, both camps welcome you back you know?" she breathed into his ear. Nico gave her a small smile.

"Happiness comes from peace, and peace comes from indifference." Hazel cracked a slight smile. "Quoted from Naval Ravikant." Nico nodded and kissed her on her forehead. "It's time to go, Hazel. Its time for you to leave now. Go."

Hazel wiped her eyes with the back of her hands and sniffed. She put her hands back on his shoulders firmly.

"I'm staying here at Hogwarts. All of us are. I can just use the mist on the entire school to make them think that we were here all along...well except these people. They deserve the truth." Hazel stared deeply into Nico's eyes. Nico smiled gratefully.

Transmitting her last ounce of energy to Nico, Hazel felt herself drained of energy as she was sent to their dormitory.