Hi

Bitter but sweet defeat
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Miss Kim, a guest is asking you. He said that it is an important matter” – Dahyun’s secretary called 

“Who is it?”  - Dahyun asked which made her surprised 

“He didn’t say his name” –secretary held her breath. However, her voice seemed alarmed 

“Okay, he may come in” 


The knock on the door was heard.

 

 

 

 
As the door opened, Kyungsoo stepped into Dahyun's office, his expression serious yet determined. He took a moment to compose himself before meeting Dahyun's gaze, his hands slightly trembling with nervousness.

 


"Dahyun," Kyungsoo began, his voice hesitant yet filled with urgency. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I really need your help with something."

 

 


Dahyun's eyes was on him at the unexpected sight of her ex-husband standing before her. She could sense the tension in the air, the unresolved emotions lingering between them like an invisible barrier.


"Kyungsoo," Dahyun replied, her tone guarded as she motioned for him to take a seat. "What brings you here?"
Kyungsoo took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts before speaking. "Sorry for the suddenness of my visit, but this is a matter of utmost importance," he explained, his voice steady despite the turmoil churning within him.

 


"I've been working on a project that requires your expertise, Dahyun. It's a complex undertaking, and I believe your insights could ….."

 

 


Dahyun regarded Kyungsoo “I don’t think so”her voice measured as she wanted to reject Kyungsoo's request. 


Kyungsoo's expression faltered at Dahyun's rejection. 


"Dahyun, please," Kyungsoo implored, his voice tinged with desperation. "This project is important, not just for me, but for the company as well.”

“I can't trust you. You tried to cheat on numbers when you had a deal with Mr.Myui”

 

 

"Dahyun, that was a misunderstanding," Kyungsoo protested, his voice laced with frustration. "I never intended to cheat anyone, least of all the company."

 


But Dahyun remained unmoved, her gaze steady as she met Kyungsoo's eyes. "I can't ignore what happened, Kyungsoo. It was a breach of trust, and it's left a lasting impact on both parties."


"You know what your problem is?" he retorted, his voice tinged with bitterness. "You never even tried to listen to my side of the story. You've already made up your mind about me, without even giving me a chance to explain."

 


Dahyun's expression softened slightly at his words, a flicker of doubt crossing her features. Dahyun hesitated in herself as she looked at him 

 

 

“You know, all years you were the my problem, you ridiculous ideas to go big not grounded, facts say everything, you can't mislead me when I saw everything. So stop being ridiculous”she countered, her voice tinged with frustration. 

 

 


Kyungsoo's features hardened at Dahyun's biting retort, his own doubts resurfacing as he struggled to defend himself against her accusations. He had always prided himself on his vision and ambition, but Dahyun's dismissiveness struck a nerve, challenging his beliefs and convictions.


"Dahyun" Kyungsoo began, his voice tinged with urgency.

“Get out of my office” Dahyun with coldness in her voice retorted.  


But before he could say anything else, Dahyun interrupted, her voice tinged with a mixture of curiosity and concern at the same time.

"Kyungsoo," she started, her tone hesitant as she turned to face him. "Did you... ever have a thought to stalk me?"

 


The question hung in the air, heavy with implications. Dahyun's gaze bore into Kyungsoo's, searching for any hint of deception or evasion. She couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to their past than she had been aware of, more darkness lurking beneath the surface.


Kyungsoo's expression faltered at Dahyun's question, a flicker of guilt crossing his features before he quickly masked it. He took a moment to compose himself, his mind racing as he weighed his response.


"I... I don't know what you're talking about, Dahyun," he replied carefully, his voice betraying a hint of unease. "I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you."


But Dahyun wasn't convinced by Kyungsoo's deflection. The doubt lingered in her mind, gnawing at her with each passing moment. She couldn't ignore the nagging suspicion that there was more to the story than Kyungsoo was letting on.

 

 

 

Before both of them could say anything, the sound of a sharp knock on the door interrupted their tense exchange. Both Kyungsoo and Dahyun turned to see a Japanese figure, entering the room with a concerned expression.

 

 


"Hi honey, missed me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Momo greeted, her eyes flicking between Dahyun and Kyungsoo, her tone playful yet perceptive as she sensed the tension in the air. Dahyun's icy demeanour softened slightly at the sight of her. 

 

 


Momo returned Dahyun's small smile with a knowing look, her gaze lingering on Kyungsoo for a moment longer  "Aren't you going, Kyungsoo?" Momo asked, her tone casual yet pointed as she glanced at Kyungsoo, her eyes betraying a hint of curiosity.

 

 


Kyungsoo felt a pang of discomfort at Momo's question, realizing that he had lingered longer than he should have. He cleared his throat awkwardly, offering a sheepish smile as he took a step towards the door.

 


"Yes, I should be on my way," he replied, his voice slightly strained. "Thank you for your time, Dahyun."

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter