Sometimes you don't need to be sorry for yourself

Bitter but sweet defeat
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Don’t you have a guest room? Where do you think I should sleep?” 

 

Dahyun’s questions appeared looking at the woman who was focusing on road. 

 

 

“In my bedroom, we will share” Sana muttered with a serene tone driving through. 

Dahyun's eyes widened in disbelief at Sana's casual response. "In your bedroom? Are you serious?" she exclaimed, unable to hide her astonishment.
Sana shot her a mischievous grin before returning her attention to the road. "Of course, I'm serious," she replied with a playful lilt in her voice. “It’s studio apartment with separate bedroom, if you remember”

 

“By the way, how often get threatening messages?” Sana's question hung in the air, causing a subtle shift in the atmosphere of the car. Dahyun's expression, once filled with light-heartedness and laughter, now turned somber as she processed Sana's words. Since the incident, Sana has been serious about Dahyun’s safety. 

 

She paused for a moment, considering how to respond. The reality of the situation settled heavily upon her shoulders, reminding her of the danger lurking in the shadows. "More often than I'd like to admit, whenever I launch the project" Dahyun admitted quietly, her voice tinged with resignation.
The weight of Sana's question lingered and Dahyun's thoughts were inevitably drawn to Kyungsoo. She couldn't shake the feeling that he might be behind the threatening messages she received. 


As she stepped into Sana's apartment and Dahyun spotted her own belongings neatly arranged around the living space. She turned to Sana, her brow furrowing in confusion.

"What's all this?" Dahyun asked, her voice tinged with bewilderment as she gestured toward her belongings.
Sana smiled warmly, "Your mom thought it would be easier for you to relax so you will feel at home here," she explained gently. "So, she asked me to bring over some of your things."

“That's so sweet of her," Dahyun murmured lightly chuckling 

“What about me?” Sana asked who is standing right beside her 

 

 


"And thank you, Sana, for making me feel so welcome."

 


Sana nodded, her smile widening. 
Her once sparse and studious apartment seemed to come alive with the addition of Dahyun's belongings. The space felt cozier, more welcoming, as if it had been waiting for Dahyun all along.
Sana's heart swelled with a sense of contentment as she looked around the transformed apartment

As she glanced at Dahyun who is already resting on sofa, Sana couldn't help but feel a surge of affection over her. There was something undeniably special about having Dahyun here, filling the space with her presence.

 

 

 

 

Sana thought Dahyun will be awkward to act but to her surprise, she acted casual. 

 

 


Dahyun has routine which she follows.

 

While Sana who works till late night, only sees her – in a sleeping mode. Its only third day how Dahyun lives with her and Sana found comfort in the familiarity of Dahyun's routine. Despite their differing schedules, there was something soothing about knowing that Dahyun will be at home, even if it was just to see her sleeping form.

 


For two days each night, as Sana quietly entered the apartment, she cought sleeping Dahyun. 


Since Dahyun appeared in her apartment, Sana always in rush to go home.  As Mina said “You fell badly for this woman” and she couldn't deny the truth in them. Sana had fallen, and she had fallen hard for Dahyun. It was more than just a passing infatuation.

Sana returned home from work, moving in silence as she navigated her apartment thinking the woman is sleeping. Despite her best efforts to tiptoeing in silence, fate had other plans for her.


As she reached the bedroom door and pushed it open gently, Sana felt her breath catch in . 
In the soft glow of the room's dim lighting, Sana froze in the doorway, her heart pounding in her chest as she caught sight of Dahyun’s half back silhouette wearing a milky white shirt and silk robe. It was quick moment where she witnessed how Dahyun wore her silk robe over her shirt. 
For a moment time seemed to stand still as Sana drank in the sight before her but just as Sana was about to retreat Dahyun turned to face her, with her sharp gaze locking onto Sana’s own. 

“You are early today” Dahyun spoke, her voice calm but still the face of Sana who caught her half- back said other things “It's not like you’ve never seen a female body”

 


Dahyun's words cut through the air, pulling Sana from her momentary trance. She felt her cheeks flu

Please log in to read the full chapter