Meanie Special 🤍

Adore U

Meanie 🤍

University AU 🤍

A very long one shot on the way ☝️

—————

 

Wonwoo loved it here, his university, his new friends, his studies ... his life has completely changed and he enjoyed every second of every day.

He was so poor but was an engineering genius, he aced all his college tests and worked really hard for this scholarship

"We have our eyes on you Jeon Wonwoo and once you graduate, you're definitely going to work for us" a government official told him on his first day at the university.

 

Why?

 

Because the government was amazed by his academic records and fully paid for his tuition ... Giving his social situation, social services were keen on his education and health, they just wanted to give this boy genius a chance to have a good life despite everything he's been through. It took them years to finally do something but Wonwoo was happy nonetheless.

 

He was so lucky and so happy ... no more sleepless nights, no more broken homes, abusive parents or passive care homes.

No more starving himself to save money and definitely no more older men taking advantage of him.

 

No more using his body for a good night sleep, a full stomach and a few bucks.

 

All he ever wanted was a warm roof over his head and to complete his studies. So when this scholarship came along, it meant the world to Wonwoo.

 

He secured a part time job at the university's library which he absolutely loved.

 

He loved being surrounded by books and stories, he was quiet and he liked the calmness the place offered and that's where he met DK for the first time, clueless about where to find his 2nd year human anatomy books. He was a medical student.

 

He shared a classe with Jihoon and another one with Minghao and soon found himself a family.

His new family was the best thing he had ever experienced. When he first met them, he was shy and reserved, didn't talk much and didn't know how to approach any of them and he definitely didn't know how to approach the tall tanned incredibly handsome guy names Mingyu.

 

His crush started about a week after he met him, but simply kept it to himself and didn't even try to do or say anything because to Wonwoo, Mingyu was too good for him right? He was damaged goods and Mingyu will never accept being with someone like him ... right?

 

They all seemed very friendly but he was socially awkward, calm and a bit withdrawn but they didn't seem to mind, they've accepted him being the calm one with few words, it was his charm really.

He heard them talk about their families and share funny stories ... but he didn't have anything to share so he simply listened.

Instead of talking, he simply loved hearing their stories, they made him laugh and they were loud and sure, it was something new to Wonwoo but he liked it.

 

Getting closer to them wasn't so hard after all and he found himself crushing harder on Mingyu every day.

He was a business major, his family owned a large corporation and he was excited to follow his father's steps and help him run the business. Wonwoo was so happy for him, Mingyu's eyes shined every time he talked about how he'll be handling business meetings soon with a big nice office and the rotating chair.

 

"How about you Won? What plans do you have after graduation?"

 

It was his turn, they were having a movie night, all crumped up in DK and Joshua's dorm room since it was the biggest and they got into talking.

Everyone seemed to have something in mind for their future:

Seuncheol is a paramedic and will start his residency soon.

Jeonghan will be the prettiest kindergarten teacher the world has ever seen.

Joshua and Minghao were art students, with their Chinese American backgrounds, the two were super creative.

DK is set to be a very clever family doctor and wishing to open his own doctor's office soon.

Jun's rich daddy's money will help him set up his dream real estates company.

Vernon, Seungkwan and Dino were the youngest and apparently, they are looking into becoming models / marketing officers.

Nobody knows what that is but they are supportive anyways.

 

"They promised me a government job"

He said softly like always, Wonwoo has always been very soft spoken.

 

"How come?" Jeonghan asked a bit confused

 

"I guess I owe them that much at least"

 

Still confused, everyone had a funny look on their faces and Wonwoo gave them a somehow sad smile.

He knew that it was about time he told them about his past, about why he'll be receiving regular visits form social workers and why he'll be asked to fill up monthly reports and welfare check ups.

It was hard and uneasy but he told them everything.

 

One years later, and they are still by his side.

 

He expected them to slowly detach themselves from him but they didn't.

 

Surprisingly, they got even closer.

 

They checked on him even more and cared less about his past and more about his future. When they first met him, Wonwoo was nothing but skin and bones and they thought he was just too skinny but after hearing the stories, they knew better than to let him skip any more meals or overthink about money or stress about unnecessary things. Wonwoo was really grateful to have such awesome people around him, a few years ago, he couldn't dream about something like this happening in his life.

 

On their second year, they were lucky enough to choose their own roommates. Wonwoo was happy of course, he didn't have a roommate the previous year and didn't get to enjoy it anyways because someone will always be with him. He secretly enjoyed it though,  the feeling of not being alone, meaningless conversations and being with warm people he loved.

It was all new to him and he wasn't letting this opportunity to be roommates with one of them go but ... ... his roommate is Mingyu? Why did he agree to this? Who even set them up together?

 

He panicked a little internally but then he thought, maybe he's a disgusting roommate and my crush will fade away? Okay that could work ...

But it most definitely didn't

Mingyu was perfect, he's the best roommate anyone could hope for.

Wonwoo sighed "Of course he is" he chuckled and mumbled to himself, they've been living together for about three months now and Mingyu's been amazing with ... everything basically.

Wowwoo was surprised by Mingyu's cooking skills, he's also very neat and clean and he remembered all the little details about what Wonwoo liked and disliked even though they weren't that important.

 

Wonwoo was distracted one day looking out the window with a book in his hand. He was staring into the sky and at that ferris wheel 🎡 in the distance. Their dorm room was decent, cozy and spacious this year, they had a nice view over the campus as well. Wonwoo asked Mingyu if he could take the bed by the window and Mingyu didn't mind at all.

 

It was getting colder as winter was approaching and Wonwoo simply stared at the pretty clouds and the Ferris wheel looking so pretty and shining. He didn't go outside campus much, never had to actually and to think about it now, he had never been on a Ferris wheel before. His thoughts were soon interrupted by Mingyu coming fresh out of the shower with a towel over his hair ruffling it softly

"Still staring at that Ferris wheel?" Mingyu noticed the way the older was staring at it almost all the time "A bit more and you might teleport it here"

 

Wonwoo chuckled, damn, Mingyu made him smile a lot not to mention he looks so attractive right now with that towel over his wet hair, Wonwoo looked away "Yeah I just might"

 

"We can go if you want to" Mingyu suggested and Wonwoo shrugged "I don't know, it's outside campus and ... I have no idea what I'll be doing"

 

Grabbing a bottle of water in his hand, Mingyu walked over to sit by Wonwoo's bed "You've never been on a Ferris wheel before?"

 

Wonwoo kept staring at the window and soon shook his head "No"

Mingyu was surprised but didn't ask any questions, he figured Wonwoo didn't have that many childhood experiences giving his past

 

"Okay that's it then, I'm taking you, my treat" Mingyu stood up leaving Wonwoo with a puzzled face "It's okay Min, we can go another time, you don't have to" 

 

"No I decided, we are going"

 

Mingyu was determined and he was already changing his clothes. Wonwoo blushed and simply looked away, he knew that there was no way of changing Mingyu's mind right now "O-okay ... I guess" he finally agreed.

 

He put on a hoodie and skinny jeans and thought he was ready "It's cold outside where's your coat?" Mingyu asked casually and it made Wonwoo stop to think for a bit. When he joined last year around this time, he was still broke, for the first few months, he didn't buy anything new and by the time his library job started paying him well enough to cover some extra expenses, it was already spring so technically, he only had a couple of light jackets but never got the chance to buy a thick winter coat.

 

"I ... I don't know" he looked around "I have a jacket?"

 

"That's not warm enough for you Won, it's cold and getting even colder ... here ... wear mine"

 

Wonwoo didn't even flinch or try to avoid the way Mingyu wrapped one of his own winter coats around his frail body and the way he tucked that pretty red scarf 🧣 around his neck. Mingyu also didn't ask him any questions on how come he didn't have any winter coats or warmer clothing, he probably already knew why and didn't want to bother Wonwoo with the questions.

Wonwoo innocently kept staring at him as he helped him warm up before leaving out the front door together.

 

Mingyu drove both of them to the carnival, it was an attraction park with so many rides. It had many bright lights, street food everywhere, young and old people playing around and couples, so many couples and lovers walking around holding hands, laughing and kissing.

Wonwoo avoided to even look at them or else, he'll be caught staring and wondering how it felt like.

 

They reached the Ferris wheel and he was simply mesmerized staring at it from up close

"Yeah probably can't teleport it now" Mingyu joked around and Wonwoo chuckled "No kidding, it's huge, I never thought it was this big"

 

"Says the engineering genius" sarcastic but Wonwoo smirked "Now listen" Mingyu was on serious mode ... sort of he's too cute and handsome to be too serious or so Wonwoo thought but gave him all of his attention anyways "You know I'm afraid of heights right?"

 

Wonwoo gasped remembering the fact that Mingyu was afraid of heights ... ", yes I know of course"... "Mingyu what are we doing?"

 

"It's okay" he smiled seeing the way Wonwoo suddenly started to panic "I can do it, but I just want you to hold my hand or something, because I can't look down"

 

Wonwoo shook his head "No let's leave I can come back another time, you have a phobia I'm not going to let you go through that for me"

 

"I want to do it Won" ... "And look, we're next in line anyways"

 

Wonwoo realized that they were indeed next in line, Mingyu did this on purpose, he waited until there was no way Wonwoo could go back now. Mingyu took a deep breath and extended his hand toward Wonwoo "I'll be fine, I really want you to have fun and try it for once" his eyes so soft, why are you doing this to me Mingyu? Wonwoo thought to himself before he reached over to hold his hand like Mingyu asked him to and soon they took the ride.

 

Mingyu was tightly holding into Wonwoo as the ride started and Wonwoo was both worried about Mingyu and amazed by the ride "It's okay you enjoy the view, I'm just going to close my eyes for a bit" Mingyu said and Wonwoo chuckled

"You're nothing but a big scared puppy aren't you?"

 

"Yeah you got me all figured out" Mingyu swallowed thickly and motioned awkwardly out the window "You ... enjoy"

 

Wonwoo soon relaxed, holding hands with Mingyu for the first time was alone overwhelming but reassuring. Why did he go on the ride with him if he was afraid of heights?

Wonwoo flinched when Mingyu intertwined their fingers together but his grip was gentle and made him feel secured and Wonwoo found himself enjoying the view from the window as he smiled and blushed madly at himself ... and silence took over.

 

Wonwoo was mesmerized, looking at the view and holding Mingyu's hand into his own felt ... just perfect. His heart beating with both fondness and amazement, he smiled at himself "Everything looks so small from here Min"

 

"Says the engineering and architecture genius"

 

Sarcastic of course and Wonwoo scoffed "I'm just ...observing"

 

Wonwoo's eyes were fixed on the window and on the warm sensation of Mingyu's hand intertwined with his own and Mingyu's focus on the other hand was on Wonwoo.

He thought he should be focusing on something else rather on the ride itself

 

"It's beautiful Mingyu, are you sure you don't want to see this?" Wonwoo asked innocently and Mingyu was staring right at him "I know it is"

 

The view? Or ...

 

"Do you want me to describe it to you?"

 

Mingyu blinked with the softest gaze and the gentlest smile "No, I think I know exactly how pretty it is"

 

The ride was soon over and they kept going around holding hands for a while, it felt so natural and simply perfect.

Wonwoo was looking around like a lost child, eyes shining and excited about almost everything while Mingyu was following him around making sure he had the best carnival experience there was. They even played a game and Mingyu won him a plushie, an ugly yellow duck plushie which Wonwoo thought was the coolest thing in the entire world.

 

Wonwoo was hungry and wanted a hotdog sandwich, Mingyu took off to buy them a second later and that's when Wonwoo suddenly realized something.

 

He stopped in his trails simply gazing at the boy disappearing in the crown "Why am I doing this?" He questioned himself and sighed, his heart felt heavy and was hit by a tsunami of emotions

"Is this is what a real date feels like?" He mumbled to himself "Is this is what it feels like to be with someone I really like?" ... "But it's not a real date and he doesn't ... like me"

 

Wonwoo sighed eyes suddenly tearing up but he had to hide his tears before Mingyu come back. He had no right to force himself on Mingyu and Mingyu definitely deserved someone better than his broken self. Then why these feelings aren't going away? Why can't his stupid heart stop beating this funny? Why can't he stop looking at him differently?

 

Mingyu came back with the sandwiches to find Wonwoo standing in the crowd aimlessly staring into the sky for some reason and he looked ... sad.

Frowning, Mingyu walked up to Wonwoo and immediately the boy gave him his attention again and smiled

"Yay hotdogs" Wonwoo cheered and Mingyu chuckled

"I didn't know you liked them so much"

 

Wonwoo shrugged "I didn't have much of them growing up so it's a bit exciting every time I get one ... I guess"

 

"Oh" again Mingyu never asked any questions like usual "I can get more if you want"

 

"No" Wonwoo shook his head and looked up to face Mingyu "Thank you Mingyu"

 

Mingyu smiled "Anytime"

 

"No I mean, thank you for everything, for today, I really had a great time"

 

Mingyu smiled softly "I ... I didn't do anything really"

 

"Yes you did more than you think, so thank you"

 

"I had a great time too so please stop looking at me like that"

 

Wonwoo looked away with a smile "It's getting dark, we probably should go back to the dorm we have classes early in the morning"

 

It's been a few weeks since that day, Wonwoo finds himself remembering every single detail vividly everytime he looks at Ducky, the ugly yellow duck Mingyu won for him, to him it was so precious and that day felt like a first date except that ... it wasn't but Wonwoo liked the way it made him feel anyways.

 

Winter was getting colder and Wonwoo was finally able to get that winter coat. He was looking at it hanging from where he placed it on it his desk chair. Funny enough, it was a yellow coat similar to Ducky's color.

It was late at night and it was raining so much outside and thunder could be heard from time to time and it scared the hell out of Wonwoo.

Wonwoo hated the sound, it held so many painful memories and as years went by, he developed some sort of a phobia. So every time he heard the noise, he would flinch and jolt up, it got too bad that night and a cup slipped his hand and shuttered into pieces. He stood there frozen looking at the shuttered cup ... ! it was Mingyu's and he heard the younger shuffling his way

 

"Hey what happened are you okay?"

 

Mind you it was past 1 am and Wonwoo couldn't sleep because of the thunder storm outside, he was frozen in a trance of bad memories

"I'm sorry ... I'm so so sorry" Wonwoo mumbled "I'll replace it I swear" he was starting to panic like that cup was Mingyu's most important possessions, he kneeled down on the floor "I'll clean this .. I ... I will replace it"

 

Mingyu stood there a bit taken aback, he has never seen Wonwoo this agitated before, the boy was shaking violently and mumbling things he couldn't hear and he got really worried about him

"Won?" He kneeled near him and called his nickname with the softest tone but was surprised by the way Wonwoo held his hands up to cover his face "I'm sorry I didn't mean to" Mingyu frowned deeply and reached to hold Wonwoo's hands gently "It's okay" he tried to be as calm as possible "Look at me it's okay"

 

Wonwoo was clearly distressed shaking and somehow looked really ... tired.

His eyes were teary with a reddish-like shade underneath them ... was he getting enough sleep? Mingyu wondered seeing how fragile the older looked

 

"I don't care about the cup Wonwoo, I really don't ... are you okay? Are you hurt?"

 

Wonwoo swallowed hard, he looked up to face Mingyu for the first time since this whole thing went down. He realized that it was just Mingyu, Mingyu won't hurt him, he'll protect him, he can trust him ... right? Feeling Mingyu's hand gently brushing against his own, he was calming down a bit, he nodded "I'm f-fine"

 

"It's okay ... here" Mingyu extended his other hand for Wonwoo to hold, the older stared at it for a while before taking it, his fingers shaking in the process and Mingyu took note of every little detail and move the older made.

"I'll clean this okay? Don't worry about it"

 

Wonwoo was hesitant but nodded, Mingyu helped him sit on their mini couch "You're shaking try to breathe okay?" Wonwoo's eyes were fixated on Mingyu's face, he nodded "I'll get you some water okay?"

 

He saw Mingyu turn his back for a second, their hands separated from each other and it made Wonwoo's heart sink even more and he was already on the verge of crying.

 

Mingyu came back a few seconds later with a glass of water which Wonwoo took gratefully. He was resting there for a bit with Mingyu sitting by his side, both of them were silent and it was a bit awkward. Wonwoo hated breaking down like this and in front of Mingyu.

 

He bit his lips and tried to hold back his tears but they simply escaped him. A Warm and gentle touch against his cheek made his heart skip yet another painful beat, Mingyu wiped away the tears that fell off Wonwoo's eyes ever so gently

"Why are you crying now Won? Please, you're okay, everything's fine, it's just a cup"

 

Wonwoo nodded "I know"

 

"Then what's wrong? Tell me ... have you been sleeping? I'm worried about you"

 

It took Wonwoo a second before he shook his head "Why?" Mingyu asked "And since when?"

 

"Thunder" Wonwoo whispered facing the window "Two days"

 

Mingyu simply couldn't resist it this time, he pulled Wonwoo closer in a hug "I didn't know, I'm sorry" Wonwoo breathed into Mingyu's shoulder enjoying his warmth "

 

"It's not your fault Min, I'm simply broken that's all"

 

Mingyu broke the hug to look at Wonwoo "NEVER say that again, you're not broken, you never was"

 

Wonwoo sighed, he wanted to believe that so bad but it was so hard for him to accept it. He didn't say anything but a while later, Mingyu helped him to stand up and took him to bed. The younger was gone for a few minutes to clean up the broken glass and came back to lay down next to Wonwoo sharing the same bed for the first time "I can sleep next to you if it makes you feel better?"

 

Wonwoo nodded, it does make him feel better "Do you want to talk about it?" ... "Why are you so scared?"

 

Wonwoo hesitated, Mingyu usually never asked him any questions but tonight was a bit different, he felt like telling Mingyu everything.

The night he almost lost his life being abused by his step father was cold, rainy and thunderous just like tonight, and the memories still hunted him until this day.

 

The sound of thunder is nothing but a trigger to his past experiences and it made him suffocate, he couldn't sleep for the past two days and he was too tired but that night, he slept a little better with Mingyu by his side. They ended up talking for hours and both fell asleep by almost dawn time.

 

In the morning, Wonwoo had trouble waking up so Mingyu let him rest as he made them breakfast. They ended up missing classes but it didn't matter anyways since they got canceled due to bad weather anyways. Mingyu saw Wonwoo slowly wake up, he smiled at how sweet the older looked but soon his smile dropped as he saw Wonwoo trying to sit up but failed miserably flopping back on his pillow.

 

"Won? Are you okay?" He kneeled down to meet his face

Wownoo smiled weakly "Good morning" he mumbled "Just a bit tired ... I'll need a minute"

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah, my head hurts"

 

"You cried a lot last night I'm not surprised it does" Mingyu stretched his hand to brush it gently across Wonwoo's face and moved the strand of hair away behind his ear. Wonwoo simply blinked at him, eyes full of fondness and Mingyu smiled softly back

"I made breakfast do you want some? Classes are cancelled anyways we can stay in and watch some movies?"

 

Why is he so soft ? Wonwoo melted under his touch, a blush run across his face and he simply didn't want him to move away ... he nodded "I'd like that" he whispered

 

"I'll get you some painkillers for your headache as well"

 

"Thank you Mingyu and ... sorry" he tried to sit and Mingyu helped him

"Don't apologize, nothing happened"

 

"I broke your cup and I gave you a hard time, I didn't want to bother you with all of those stories and I feel so bad for burdening you"

 

They were sitting face to face, close to each on Wonwoo's bed

 

"I know that you don't talk much about all the things that happened to you, I appreciate that you opened up to me and it's never a burden ... It will never change the way I care about you"

 

Wonwoo looked up to meet Mingyu's eyes, it will not change the way he cares about him? Mingyu cared that much about him? Wonwoo had no idea, he only felt Mingyu's palm over his cheek "I'll never love you any less" Wonwoo simply kept staring, his blush never fading and only intensifying and Mingyu's eyes scanning every little inch of his face

 

"Come on now, breakfast is getting cold"

 

Wonwoo's heart was beating too fast and he couldn't hold back "Mingyu I ..." he stopped for a second realizing what he was about to say and regretted it, Mingyu doesn't deserve this "Yes? Tell me is there's anything you need?" Mingyu asked a bit concerned and saw as Wonwoo shook his head

"N-nothing, I just ... thank you"

 

Mingyu smiled "Don't mention it"

 

They had breakfast almost silently as Wonwoo's mind kept drifting away. Once they were done, he took the painkillers Mingyu got for him gratefully. He took a warm shower and changed into something more comfortable than last night's crappy pyjamas.

They were again curled up in Wonwoo's bed and Mingyu placed his laptop in front of them and took the liberty to choose a movie Wonwoo said was okay with. They were watching for a while when Wonwoo heard the thunder and suddenly jolted in fear and Mingyu immediately held him close "It's okay, they are just loud noises and they are very far away, here I'll turn the volume up"

 

Wonwoo appreciated that, Mingyu was holding him so close making him forget about the storm happening outside. They watched the movie together and Mingyu made them some hot ramen and Wonwoo found himself sleeping soundly a while later ... is this is what feels like to fall asleep next to someone you love? Feeling safe and comfortable? Wonwoo wondered and thought he should maybe just enjoy what he could before it all disappeared.

 

It's been three days and the storm outside became a national emergency. It got worse and the campus issued memos for the students to stay indoors and avoid going outside for the time being unless for emergencies. Mingyu sighed, looking at Wonwoo laying on his bed, barely moving, part of him scared of the storm and the other part was fighting this unexpected fever he was having.

He was weak to begin with, Wonwoo had health issues since he was young and now he was paying the price of being neglected for years.

 

"Hey you're awake?" Mingyu asked noticing as Wonwoo fluttered his eyes open "Hi" he greeted but Mingyu was worried "You sound weak Won, does anything else hurt?"

 

"N-no" Wonwoo closed his eyes for a bit to feel his entire body on fire

"Are you sure? No sore throat, chest pain?"

 

"My head hurts, body stiff"

 

Mingyu placed his palm over Wonwoo's forehead "I'm calling Seungcheol and DK" and for some reason it made Wonwoo chuckle "I don't think they are qualified enough to handle real people yet"

 

"But I'm worried"

 

"Don't be" Wonwoo reassured "I get this a lot and you know that"

 

"But ... with the storm and everything I'm afraid it'll get worse"

 

"I told you I'm broken you just don't want to believe me"

 

"And I told you to NEVER say that again"

 

Wonwoo smirked, he loved their conversations, but seriously though, Mingyu seemed angry whenever Wonwoo said something like that "Fine" he sat on the bed and saw Mingyu texting on his phone "Don't bother them Min, really I'm fine"

 

"They better tell me what to do"

 

Wonwoo sighed "There's nothing to do I'll be fine"

 

Wonwoo sighed and laughed a little hearing Mingyu talking on the phone "Cold compresses? Really? That's all you got for me?" He was talking to Dokyeom over the phone sighing "Yes, he's here" Mingyu walked over to Wonwoo passing the phone over to him

 

"Hi DK" ... "Just a little tired I'm okay though, Mingyu's overacting" ... "I'm not that hungry though ... since last night I guess, it's not that high I'm sure it'll pass soon ... no, nothing else hurts ... okay ... I know ... thank you DK, I'll text you later, say Hi to Joshua for me and Mingyu ... Bye"

 

Wonwoo hang up and gave the phone back to Mingyu "See? I'll be just fine" Mingyu sighed, "Fine, I'm making chicken soup for lunch, you need to eat"

 

"That sounds great thank you"

 

Wonwoo's mild fever turned into an intense one during that same night and Mingyu was now extremely worried.

 

With a cold compress, Mingyu wiped Wonwoo's forehead and cheeks gently from time to time, while the older was in and out of sleep.

 

Wonwoo woke up in the middle of the night and heard Mingyu talking over the phone again

"Not really no ... it's not breaking, I don't know ... I did, I am ... I'll keep you updated, thanks again"

 

"Min?" Wonwoo called softly and Mingyu was by his side in no time

"You told me not to worry now look at you" Mingyu said helping Wonwoo to sit up a little

"I'm sorry" ... "Can I have some water?"

 

"Of course, here" Mingyu poured a glass of water for him and helped him slowly take a few sips and then laid him back down on the bed.

Wonwoo was still holding into Mingyu, their eyes met.

Mingyu was worried scanning the older's face "Do you need anything else?" And Wonwoo shook his head "YOU ... hum stay"

 

"I wasn't going anywhere anyways ... DK and Seungcheol are trying to get here as soon as they can but the storm outside is really bad—"

 

"That's okay" ... "Just stay with me"

 

"Im not going anywhere Won" Mingyu stopped for a second again looking down at Wonwoo, hovering on top of him "You're fever delusional?" he stated the fact and his heart clutched as Wonwoo still grabbed into him tightly bringing him closer to lay by his side, hiding his face in his chest while his fever took the best out of him.

 

It was almost 6am when Wonwoo woke up again.

"Hey buddy" he saw Seungcheol "Sorry we got here a bit late, how are you feeling?"

 

Wonwoo simply kept staring at him "huh?" He questioned sounding tired and unfocused "It's okay" Seungcheol patted his head softly "You'll feel better in some time okay? I'm going to inject you with this ... you'll feel a small pinch on your arm okay?" Wonwoo looked around and Mingyu was standing behind Seungcheol looking at him worriedly while DK preparing the syringe.

 

Wonwoo winced a little when Seungcheol injected him but soon his checkup was over and he went back to sleep.

 

It's been a few weeks already, Wonwoo was a lot better but also a lot quieter than usual.

It's was a spring day, sunshine and warm air filled the place and the whole group decided to go for a picnic in the farm house outside the city.

 

Mingyu was sitting with Seungcheol and Jeonghan

 

"I just don't like it, it's been weeks" Mingyu confessed

 

"Shall I talk to him?" Jeonghan asked and Mingyu didn't know, he shrugged "He's not eating well and not sleeping well, he avoids talking to me and I ... don't know why? The last time we actually had a proper conversation was during the storm and he got sick"

 

Seungcheol was silent "If I didn't know better I'd say that he's suffering from broken heart syndrome"

 

Mingyu's neck almost broke as he snapped to look at Seungcheol "What?" He questioned and heard Jeonghan grumble "Here we go"

 

Seungcheol took a deep breath "The only reason I set you two together as roommates was because I thought you two had feelings for each other but it's been too long and I don't think you do anymore"

 

"YOU SET US UP?" Mingyu questioned eyes wider than the ocean "You think that we have feelings for each other?"

 

"Broken heart syndrome is when the heart muscle becomes weak, it mostly occurs because of emotional or physical stress and I thought that his emotional stress was You, but ... I was wrong"

 

Mingyu blinked and simply stared at Seungcheol for a few seconds

"Mingyu?" Jeonghan called tryin to get the boys attention "Great you broke him"

 

"I'm sorry Gyu I thought that ..."

 

"You think Wonwoo has feelings for me?" He stood up suddenly looking around to spot Wonwoo crouching on the ground all by himself playing around with a cat

 

 

 

 

 

Adorable but not the point

 

"Yes, but I don't know anymore I guess I was wrong"

 

Mingyu blinked again, something clicked inside his head right there and then and he started running

"Where are you—" Jeonghan tried to ask but Mingyu was long gone by then

 

Wonwoo was still playing with the kitten when Mingyu suddenly appeared by his side. Wonwoo looked at him confused

"I ... I" Mingyu stuttered not knowing how to even start this "I just heard that hum ..."

 

Wonwoo squinted his eyes "What is it Mingyu? is everything okay?"

 

"Yes" he laughed "Everything's perfect ... YOU are perfect"

 

"Huh? Me?"

 

"There's no other way to say this so here it goes" ... "I like you ... heck I love you"

 

Wonwoo didn't even realize the cat running away from his embrace because all his attention was on Mingyu. Time seemed to have stopped, his breaths were stuck in his throat and his heart dropped to his stomach "I'm going to kiss you now, stop me, push me away or hit me if that's what you want"

 

But he didn't

 

Mingyu placed a soft hand over Wonwoo's  cheeks and brought him closer for a soft passionate kiss. Wonwoo melted completely into him and kissed back, they were kissing in the middle of the field while everyone's watching.

 

"Oh my god" Jeonghan gasped not believing what was happening in front of him

 

"I guess I wasn't wrong then?" Seungcheol said in disbelief but what was happening right now, only confirmed his suspicions all along ... yes, they had feelings for each other. It's about time this happened, it's about time they found each other.

 

A broken heart, that's what Wonwoo had all along since that night. Unexpected fever, reserved mood and loss of appetite, he was just sad, he felt like he didn't deserve Mingyu and tried to burry his feelings away to get over his love.

But look at them now, kissing in public.

 

Pulling away, Mingyu was over the moon that Wonwoo kissed him back and Wonwoo was still a bit confused and taken aback.

 

"I've always cared for you" Mingyu whispered "But you always kept your distance and I thought that you didn't like me the way I did ... more than just a friend and a roommate"

 

"Min I ..." ... "I've always thought that you didn't deserve someone like me ... you deserve someone better " Wonwoo had tears in his eyes and almost choked on his words sending shivers down Mingyu's spine

 

"WHAT? No ... never ... you're perfect and I don't care what type of past you had I love you the way you are"

 

Wonwoo felt like crying but soon was engulfed in Mingyu's arms, his soothing scent, his comfortable embrace ... everything he wanted and more.

He held on tight to him and didn't want to let go. He will never let go.