(31) The Revival

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jung So Min
What is this?
I flip the papers in swift motion while my eyes scan the whole contents of it. What is the meaning of this? Case closed? Huh? But, this is.. This is.. Oh my. Oh my, God! No! It cannot be! NO!! How? Why? WHY?!   "Miss Jung?"   My scattered mind becomes blank and my whole body stiffen. Seung Hyun-ssi's voice. Oh, no! My hands lose its power in gripping the papers. Some of it fall to the wooden floor. After a second in shock, I hurriedly put the rest over the desk and down to my knees to collect the others.   After I grab the second paper, a pair of hands help me out, collecting the rest. Seung Hyun-ssi is kneeling next to me. He says nothing.   "Is it true?" I am the one who ask.   He keeps on muting, collects all the papers and stands up. I follow through, standing up in front of him and looking up to him. His expression is unreadable. His brows furrow a little. He is thinking, calculating, considering the best option. Then, he releases a long breath. "We have proves." He answers shortly.   My breath becomes heavy. I cannot believe my ears. That can't be. Proves? PROVES?! I shake my head lightly, trying to wash out THE thought. That is lie! THAT IS ALL LIES!! No! NO!!   I sense my hand shaking when I hand him the papers. "Tell me about it."           Silence.           Our eyes are connected but both of us keep on silent.               Another silence.               Seung Hyun-ssi sighs deeply and heads to the couch. "Take a seat."   I close my eyes slowly.   Do I really want to hear this? This will definitely change the way I see things. All of it. Entirely. I have this feeling that I am going to open the door that I never opened before. The door that I avoided. The door that is completely different from the one that I chose years ago.   A glint of strange feeling crawls slowly, surely, positively clouding my heart. A feeling that I refused to hold when it offered its hand years ago.              
Anger.      
Kim Hyun Joong   Both of them are waiting for my answers. But, I let the mouse steals my tongue and definitely asks it to take it away. Far away. Away from me and Abeoji and Ji Yong. I even demand it for not giving it back to me. For the name of heaven, I don't know how to answer them. I really don't know.   I let the couch sinks my body even more while my eyes are locked to nothing over the coffee table. Abeoji stares at me with his hawk eyes. His look is so intense, so deep, so demanding for an answer.     "Did you or did you not sleeping with her, Hyun Joong?"   I close my eyes slowly.     Did I or did I not sleeping with her?   I don't know. I can't remember. But, we were waking up together. On the same bed. . And, our bodies were tangled.    
Did I or did I not sleeping with her? Yes. I think so.    
"Did you or did you not have with her?"
Did I or did I not have with her? Gosh! I can't remember!    
Abeoji let out his breath harshly and dials some numbers. "Yong Joon, I want no more scandals." His voice is stern and sharp. He is using the tone I rarely hear. The tone that contains disappointment. I never.. I try hard for not letting him down. Just this one. But, hearing his tone, I am sure that I disappoint him to the core.   I sigh deeply and lay my head to my seat, staring to the ceiling. The memories from last night to this morning comes to my mind continuously. I was always able to contain myself. But, she made me losing my mind. She made me off guard. She made me dragging myself to hell.    
Jung So Min, when will you truly give me heaven?    
Abeoji stands up. "I took her away from you to protect her and test the love that you have for her. You will never value her if you never experience the lost." He takes a deep breath. "I will handle the mess. You may go and pick her up."   I raise my face and my eyes meet his in snap. Protect her? Test the love that I have for her? What is the meaning of this? And now, Aboeji wants me to go and pick her up?   His lips form a thin line and he shakes his head. "She is different, Hyun Joong. She is more like your Eomoni." Light smile is there on his face. It is always like that. In any circumstances, whenever he remembers Eomoni, there will be smile on his face. Even now. "I do hope she will be ok with this incident."         Crap!    
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter