The Past Is Here .

You're Different

The kiss was very passionate and smooth... But something was missing. I don't know what's missing... It's just not there to be explained.

I opened my laptop and went online. What I didn't know was that there was a ton of messages from Kyungsoo and Amy. 

"And why do they need to message me?" I asked myself.

I opened Amy's messages first.

"Marie please. Where did you go?" "We're best friends! How could you leave now?" "I know what I did was so selfish of me but I was unhappy and Kyungsoo was unhappy. We decided to make each other happy which led us to betraying and hurting you deeply." "Please reply to me!" "Marie! I miss you! Kyungsoo misses you! Everyone at school misses you!" "Where did you go? I went to your house and it was totally vacant!" "Don't tell me you moved..." "How could you leave to Korea without telling anyone of us?!" "I'm so sorry... Please I want to fix things, Marie." 

I stopped reading Amy's messages because I wanted to read Kyungsoo's.

"Marie... I'm sorry." "Whatever me and Amy did, it's all my fault." "Where did you go? I haven't seen you in school for so long." "How could you leave? Leave me alone? Leave me with your best friend? We miss you!" "We are coming to where you are to make things up."

That's when I stopped in my tracks. They're coming. Or they're already here. What do I do? I don't want to see their faces! I know it's been a long time but I just can't find forgiveness in my heart.

"Calm down, Minri. All you have to do is stay in your dorm," I told myself. Then there was a knock on my door. "OH NO! IT'S THEM!"

I ran into my closet and stayed in there. I heard the door open and close.

"Damn it. I forgot to lock it," I whispered to myself.

Foot steps were coming upstairs. I had to keep my breathing steady and quiet. My door to my room opened. It was quiet for a few seconds before I heard foot steps making it's way to where I was. There closet door opened and I quickly grabbed one of my heels. I started to scream with my eyes shut and started hitting the person with my heel.

"MINRI! OW! MINRI! ITS ME! TAEHYUNG! OW! STOP!" Taehyung yelled. 

I froze and took a peek. It was Taehyung. I dropped my heel and hugged him.

"What was that all about?" he asked.

"I thought you were some intruder," I said. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I have eyes on your dorm door 24/7 so don't worry about any intruders. If there will be intruders, they will have to get passed me."

I smiled and nodded. I didn't just feel safe with Taehyung. I felt protected. Something that's rare to feel in this generation.

"Minri! I bought you some sponge cake!" Taehyung yelled from the kitchen.

I smiled but then I remembered the kiss with Jungkook. I don't know what I'm suppose to do. I'm so confused on how I feel. Then there was another knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Taehyung said.

"It's probably Jungkook." I paused. "Oh no." I panicked and ran under my blankets. "What do I tell Jungkook? 'Oh I didn't tell him yet...' 'Ummm I'm just giving it some more time.' No, no, no. That's not it. 'I'm not sure yet so please give me some thinking time.' Yes. That's what I'll say."

I swung my blankets off of me and exited my room in confidence. I walked half way down my stairs before noticing who was in my living room.

Amy and Kyungsoo stood up and nervously smiled.

"Hey there," Kyungsoo said.

"Marie," Amy said.

I stared at them before I gave them the coldest glare I could give.

"What are you doing in my territory?" I meanly asked.

"M-Marie... I wanted to-"

"Make things right, MY ! GET THE HELL OUT!" I yelled.

"Marie!" Kyungsoo yelled back.

"OH? YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME IN MY DORM?!" I yelled. Taehyung ran to me and held me back.

I forgot that Taehyung couldn't understand English. He just knew I was furious so he just did what his conscience told him to do.

"We want to make things right! We want to be friends again," Kyungsoo said.

"AND WHY WOULD I WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOUR UNFAITHFUL ?! ESPECIALLY YOU!" I pointed to Amy. "YOU ARE NOT WORTHY TO BE FRIENDS WITH ME. NOT EVEN WORTHY TO BE IN MY LIFE!"

Then Namjoon came running inside my dorm.

"What's going on?" he asked in Korean.

"Oh shut up. You know English. Ask those rats!" I yelled in Korean to them.

"Excuse me, but you're making a big scene in the entertainment. We can hear a fuss from the first floor. Including that you're making this injured person becoming very stressed when she should be resting peacefully," Namjoon said nicely to Kyungsoo and Amy.

"YAH! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO NICE TO THEM?! THEY DON'T DESERVE TO BE TREATED NICE ESPECIALLY AFTER WHAT THEY DID TO ME!" I yelled. I punched the wall out of anger. I turned to Kyungsoo and Amy, "GET! OUT! NOW!"

Amy and Kyungsoo held hands which made me more furious. Namjoon knew that I was going to grab a knife any second so he quickly pushed then out of my dorm.

"Minri! What's gotten in to you?" Taehyung asked.

"Those people. NEVER let them inside my dorm again. EVER!" 

Then Suga and Jungkook ran inside my dorm. Jungkook immediately ran to me and hugged me.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Sasaeng fans are so ruthless nowadays," Jungkook said.

I pushed him off of me and I glared at him. I was in no mood of that type of comfort. All I had on my mind was them to leave to this place fast.

"What happened?" Suga asked.

"Let her calm down! Geez! She's obviously still mad! Let her having some breathing air!" Taehyung told the guys.

He knew what I felt. He ran to my room and came back with a book. 

"Now Minri. I want you to take this book and go up to the outside garden. I'll make sure no one will bother you," he told me.

That made me calm. I nodded and headed up to the garden.

I looked down from the roof. I looked all around me. I was alone. It was peaceful. It made me so calm that I forgot what happened. I smiled at the sky. There was only one person who knew what to do and what to say to me.

I know who to pick.

"Thank you, Taehyung."