TENTH

He's a Young One

    The final school bell rang, indicating the end of the school hours for that day. While I thought the other students would just walk out from the class like they usually do, that was not the case that day. The girls in the class were taking turns in taking a selfie with Taehyung as if he was some idol or something. At least, they weren’t asking for his autograph; that would be the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen high schoolers done. As they were taking selfies with Taehyung, I was still sitting at my desk. The ones who stayed in the class were only girls and Chanwoo since he wanted to go to the school library after this. We were supposed to go to the campus library after this to discuss the report, so I had to wait for him to finish his little ‘fan meeting session’.

 

I put my head on the desk in boredom while waiting for our little superstar Kim Taehyung, when Chanwoo asked me something.

 

“Noona, are you dating Taehyung-hyung?” His question made my head shot up from its original position in shock, why did he even think of that? Taehyung and me as a couple? Hah, the world must be coming to an end!

 

I was about to tell him how ridiculous his question was, when he continued, “You must agree to my requests or I’ll tell mom that you’re dating your course mate.”

 

I swear I could see a dark shadow surrounding Chanwoo when he finished his sentence. Wow, this kid is sure a living spawn of Satan.

 

I smiled back at him, before replying, “Yeah, you do that, and I’ll tell Tzuyu how much you like her if you dare tell mom anything ridiculous about me.” Two can play this game; take that, Jung Chanwoo!

 

The weirdest thing was Chanwoo’s face didn’t even look alarmed to my threat, he was laughing! Why the hell was he laughing when I said I will spill his secret to his crush? I am utterly confused right now.

 

“Noona, you don’t need to tell her that, she’s my girlfriend,” He explained, before laughing.

 

My mouth gaped open in shock to that revelation. “What….” I wasn’t able to finish my sentences when Taehyung stood beside me and tapped my shoulders.

 

“Yeoreum, are we going now or after you finish your interrogation on Chanwoo?” Taehyung asked while chuckling. Wait a second; did he also know the fact that my little Chanwoo had a girlfriend? Not to mention, a gorgeous one at that?

 

As if he heard my thoughts, he answered my question.

 

“Yes, I know Chanwoo and Tzuyu are dating. Remember the time when you ran off outside of the class to nowhere and left Chanwoo and me?” I nodded, the embarrassment I felt during that time suddenly coming back to me, curse that Koo Junhwe!

 

“We bumped into Tzuyu at that time and this boy,” He pointed to Chanwoo before continuing, “He changed into a total lover boy, all mushy and stuff in front of his girlfriend. That’s when I knew they’re actually dating.” He finished proudly as if he were telling us a plan in changing the world to a better place.

 

“Hyung, I wasn’t acting like a lover boy!” Chanwoo objected, he was pouting. Taehyung only dismissed my younger brother’s objection with a wave of his hand while smiling before stepping outside of the class.

 

“Yeoreum, aren’t you going with me?” He inquired while leaning on the door frame trying to act cool, earning high-pitched screams from his fangirls.

 

I admit he does look handsome, but only for a split second before I found his act to be a bit unnecessary. I rolled my eyes before getting up from my seat and walked towards him.

 

With an idol-like wave from Taehyung to his fangirls, we finally left the class. Oh , I suddenly feel all sentimental, what the hell is wrong with me? I don’t know what has gotten into me when I suddenly stopped my tracks halfway towards the front door of the school. There was a tug in my chest when I thought about how we’re going to go out of this school and finally come back to the real world.

 

“Yah, Yeoreum, what’s wrong?” Taehyung, who had walked a bit far in front of me stopped his tracks and turned to look at me worryingly. When he was about to walk towards me, I calmed myself down and forced a smile at him so that he won’t worry about me.

 

“I’m not convinced that you’re okay, Yeoreum. What’s wrong?” He asked once again when he reached my side and held my hand, rubbing his thumb over my palm in a consoling manner.

 

That was the cue.

 

I started sobbing silently, before uncontrollably hugging his arm. That was a habit I had whenever I’m stressed out or my emotion is out of control. This time, my emotion was starting to lose its control and I didn’t even know what I was crying about. I can’t explain; not to myself nor to anyone. I felt Taehyung hugged me back and caressed my hair slowly, probably trying to calm me down.

 

Suddenly, a thought strikes me. I think I know what is wrong with me.

 

I’m on my period!

 

My head jolted up in alarm, hitting Taehyung’s chin in the process. While Taehyung was screaming in pain, I mumbled a meek “sorry” to him and ran towards the female toilet.

 

After a few minutes inside one of the cubicles trying to make sure whether I’m really on my period or not, I walked out from the cubicle in despair. Heck, no wonder I was feeling so damn emotional and weird today; I’m on my period. Not to mention, there was some stain on my skirt! I fidgeted in front of the sink, trying to find the solution to this problem. How can I go to the library after this if my skirt is this dirty oh my God!

 

Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing and immediately answered it without even looking at the caller ID.

 

“Yeoreum, just come outside, I have a solution for your problem.” Taehyung’s voice greeted my ears as soon as I put the phone on my right ear.

 

What does he meant by that? I wonder if he actually knows what kind of problem I’m having right now, this is not something that a guy can solve except for women. After I hang up his call, I looked at my image in the mirror. I actually looked pretty good with my hair up in a ponytail; I should do this style often. Speaking about ponytails, I remembered Chanwoo saying that I looked like a little girl with this hairstyle; I hate that boy so much!

 

There was a faint knock on the toilet’s door before I heard Taehyung calling my name. I stepped towards the door before opening it to see him looking all worried. He sighed in relief once he saw me while taking off his uniform blazer. What is he doing? We are in a high school, for goodness sake!

 

“Yah, don’t you dare do anything dirty—”

 

I totally forgot what I wanted to say next when he swiftly put his arms around my waist and tied up the blazer on my waist while adjusting the body part of the blazer behind my skirt, making sure that the length surpassed my thighs.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

I could feel my heart thumping along with some emotions I’ve never felt before invading my whole being. His face was so close to mine as he bends a bit forward to make sure that his blazer hides whatever stain I had on my skirt, I could feel his breath tickling my face. Oh my God, what is this situation? I swear I’m usually a cool person who won’t even bother to feel anything weird when a guy is being kind to me, but this is different. I never had a guy notices my ‘girl problem’ and actually tried to conceal it using his own methods, like Taehyung did.

 

“I think Taehyung likes you.”

 

Yunhyeong’s voice suddenly popped into my mind; maybe he was right after all; but then, I’m not someone who blindly believes that someone actually likes me, unless he says it himself. Maybe Taehyung was just trying to be a good friend; we’re on friendly terms with each other during these past three days anyway.

 

Yep, that may be it.

 

“Thank you, Taehyung. I really mean it,” I thanked him; looking up at him while giving the most sincere smile I could give to someone.

 

There was a slight shift in his expression; his eyes sparked something unknown to me as he stared at me.

 

That was when I decided to speak out, “How did you notice my ‘problem’” –with an air quote- “anyway? Were you staring at my or something?” while laughing, before I realized that he was silent.

 

Why was he so silent all of a sudden? I decided to look at his face and surprised when I did.

 

His face was beet red!

 

“Wait… you were actually checking me out?! What the hell, Taehyung! You’re such a ert!” I shouted out in shock while walking away from him with utmost speed.

 

Wow, I never know he was such a ert, I can’t believe he was checking me out!

 

“Yeoreum, wait! I can explain!” I heard Taehyung calling out to me as I get closer to my car before I stopped to hear whatever his explanation is.

 

“Please explain, Mr. Kim ert Taehyung, why were you staring at my ?” I asked with my hands folded over my chest, my foot tapped the ground with impatience.

 

He scratched the back of his neck nervously before his lips, probably trying to come up with a good excuse.

 

“I wasn’t staring at your , I just saw the stain on your skirt while you were running off to the toilet just now,” Taehyung explained exasperatedly as if he really wanted me to believe that.

 

To be really honest, I don’t really want to take this matter to another level and make us feel awkward with each other since we’re groupmates and all. I’ll just let it slide.

 

“Yeah, whatever. You’ll drive,” I gave him the car key after unlocking the door and sat in the passenger seat while he went into the driver’s seat.

 

Luckily, he’s a cautious type of driver so I didn’t have to worry about him breaking my precious car by ramming it into another vehicle or something, like what Kei almost did with my car back then. That was another story, by the way. I was about to ask Taehyung to stop in front of the convenience store to buy some sanitary pads when he stopped the car in front of the store.

 

“What kind of pads do you usually buy?” Taehyung’s question took me aback, was he actually considering of buying it for me?

 

“Um, I can buy it myself-“ “With that stain? Nope. I’m gonna buy it for you, just tell me which brand and what type and I’ll buy it for you,” He spoke with urgency since we’re almost late for the discussion with Nayeon and Yunhyeong.

 

With a defeated sigh, I told him the details and gave him the money, before walking inside the store. I looked out the window while thinking about something. Specifically, I was thinking about him. Taehyung must have a lot of experiences handling a woman on her period, seeing from his actions. He either had a lot of girlfriends, or he actually had a sister. Or maybe both, I don’t know.

 

Shoot, why am I thinking about him anyway?

 

My phone rang, indicating a call. When I saw the caller ID, I braced myself for Yunhyeong’s endless nagging. That guy can nag for hours if he wanted to, ugh, he’s just like my mom! When I pressed the ‘Accept’ button, I put the phone away from my ear as I heard shouting from the other line.

 

“Jung Yeoreum! Where the hell are you two?! Are you guys having a date or something? We need to send this report tomorrow, you two should—“ “Oh my God, shut up, old man! We’ll come there later, bye!”

 

I cut off whatever he wanted to say and hung up the phone, putting it in my blazer pocket. Sheesh, that old man! I wonder who will even marry him in the future with a nagging mouth like that.

 

Oh yeah, Nayeon will.

 

My trail of thoughts was interrupted by Taehyung giving a plastic bag to me before he started the engine and started to drive away from the convenience store. I rummaged through the plastic bag to see what he had bought since it was a bit heavy. There was sanitary pads, some pills to relieve menstrual pain, and… is that a chocolate bar?! I screamed with delight as I took out the chocolate bar from the plastic bag before tearing the wrapper in excitement.

 

“Wait, that chocolate is mine!” Taehyung cried out after stopping at a red light before he snatched the bar away from me.

 

“Aww, give me some of it, pleaseeee~” I whined cutely, trying to appeal to him so that he would give the chocolate bar to me. I’m always cute when I wanted something from people; I’m such a manipulative person.

 

He stared at me before pinching my cheek and decided to hand the chocolate bar to me.

 

“Just eat a little, don’t eat it all, okay?” He instructed before stepping on the pedal when the light changed to green.

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” I replied nonchalantly before devouring the first row of the chocolate.

 

As I was eating the second row of the chocolate bar, I realized that Taehyung had stopped right in front of my house.

 

“Wait, weren’t we supposed to go to the library?” I questioned.

 

“Just change your clothes first, and then we’ll go. I’ll try to give some excuse to Yunhyeong,” He said, before snatching the chocolate bar in my hand and shooed me away.

 

I pouted in defeat while taking the plastic bag and went inside my house to change my clothes.

 

I deeply hope that Yunhyeong won’t turn into a monster once we arrived at the library, though.

 


A/N: I know most of you guys will find it really random that I inserted a 'girl problem' scene, but I had my reasons for it. Here's some TaehyungxYeoreum moment here and even though I know most of you guys like Junhwe more, I still wanted to write about these two lol I'm sorry xD. 

Expected update: 1/3/2016