TWELFTH

He's a Young One

     After spending a few hours watching reruns of Infinity Challenge on television while waiting for Chanwoo and Junhwe to finish studying in Chanwoo’s room, both of them finally walked out of the room looking all exhausted.

 

“Why do you guys look so tired, you guys are only studying,” I stated while turning off the television before standing up from my seat and brushed off the non-existent dust on my clothes.

 

“Noona, I really wonder how did you even study for 24-hour straight for your entrance exams; I only studied for 4 hours and I already feel like a corpse,” Chanwoo complained while putting his head on my right shoulder in despair.

 

I only chuckled at his complaint and his hair before asking Junhwe, “Where should we get our lunch?” since he still seemed a bit sane than my younger brother who looked like he would pass out anytime soon from studying.

 

“Anywhere is fine, as long as you’re there, Yeoreum-noona.” There he goes again.

 

I rolled my eyes at his cheesy remarks before pushing Chanwoo’s head off my shoulder and walked towards the front door with my car key, unlocking my car.

 

“Let’s go to the Chinese restaurant near here, the money is on me,” I proposed with a smile while gesturing them to follow me as I walked out of the door after putting on my sneakers.

 

Both of them trailed behind me like a bunch of puppies as I walked towards my car. After I entered my car, I expected Chanwoo to sit on the passenger seat. However, Junhwe literally pushed Chanwoo who was about to open the door and got into the car, sitting in the passenger seat while Chanwoo only rolled his eyes and sat on the back seat.

 

Why can I smell his cologne, it distracts me!

 

My hands reached for the radio to turn it on, trying to ease my weird feelings. There was a girl group song on air the moment I turned it on, earning an excited response from Chanwoo who asked me not to change to another station, which I complied to.

 

The drive only took a few minutes, but with Junhwe sitting beside me and kept singing to every song played on the radio with his beautiful voice made the ride seemed longer than usual. Or maybe, it was just me and my feelings.

 

***********************

 

    The service in this restaurant is always fast and the owner is very friendly, that was why I like to eat at this place a lot, even if I don’t really fancy Chinese foods. Just like now, our orders arrived after just 10 minutes after we ordered it and not to mention, the foods were still hot!

 

“Noona, I know you’re hungry but you don’t need to look so happy about your food, you know,” Chanwoo commented, earning a sharp glare from me for interrupting my dating session with my lunch.

 

“But hey, don’t you think girls who love food is cute?” Junhwe suddenly butted in with his comment with a toothy smile towards me, making me almost choked on my *Jjajangmyeon. The fact that he was sitting right in front of me doesn’t help at all. Chanwoo who was sitting beside me stared at his friend before giving him a half-assed answer.

 

“Mhmm, I guess.” With that, he continued eating his *Jjamppong in silence. At times like these, I thank God for creating Jung Chanwoo, no matter how annoying he is.

 

What am I talking about; he’s my only younger brother. Of course, I thank the God for creating him.

 

The whole time I only kept my eyes on my food since I realized that someone was actually staring at me. Hey, I just didn’t want to make things awkward by looking at him, you know. I can change easily from a confident woman to an awkward mess just by looking at someone I fancy. Why is he looking at me anyway? He should be eating, not looking at me!

 

“Oh? Chanwoo-oppa!”

 

I heard a girly voice calling for my brother in a very affectionate way and looked at the source of the voice to find Tzuyu walking towards our table, looking very casual and… gorgeous. How does she just wear a freaking dark blue hoodie paired with gray sweatpants and still looks gorgeous?! I’m very jealous right now; I never looked pretty wearing those outfit.

 

I watched as Chanwoo’s face brightened up when he sees her; heck, he smiled once he heard her voice. Now I understand what Taehyung meant when he said that Chanwoo transformed into a total lover boy when he sees Tzuyu. It’s kind of fascinating watching him acting like this, to be honest, I’ve never thought I would be seeing him dating someone so quick. I can feel my tears threatening to come out; I feel like a mom.

 

“Babe, what are you doing here?” Chanwoo asked with the widest smile on his face once Tzuyu reached our table. I swear I could see hearts shooting out of their eyes, that’s how in love they are with each other. Ah, puppy love…

 

“Here they go again,” Junhwe commented while rolling his eyes to the scene unfolding in front of him. “Psh, you’re just jealous because you don’t have a girlfriend,” I retorted his comment with a chuckle, trying to defend my younger brother.

 

Before I could even hear Junhwe’s reply to my remark, Chanwoo suddenly got up from his seat and said, “Noona, I’m going to eat with Tzuyu. I’ll send her home after, so just send Junhwe back to his house after this okay?” and went to sit at one of the tables in the restaurant. What the hell? He really seems like he’s crazy in love, where had my cute and obedient younger brother went to?

 

Tzuyu only shook her head at Chanwoo’s actions, before turning to me and apologized.

 

“I’m really sorry, unnie. I actually wanted to sit here together with you guys but he—” “It’s okay, Tzuyu, I think he just wanted to spend time with you. I don’t mind, but don’t break his heart, okay?” I said to her with a bright smile while holding her hand.

 

Or I’ll haunt you in your sleep if you ever break my precious Chanwoo’s heart, I continued in my mind. She replied my words with a big smile and promised me that she would never break his heart before I asked her to go to Chanwoo because he looked like he was sulking.

 

Suddenly, the fact that I would be alone with Junhwe after this registers in my mind and it made me freaked out. Oh my God, I should have just told them to eat here with us! Why am I so stupid?! I mentally slapped myself numerous times, telling myself how stupid I am over and over. All of a sudden, the Jajangmyeon on the table seemed more interesting to look at rather than the boy sitting in front of me. I continued eating quietly, hoping that he would not try to strike a conversation with me because I might turn it into an awkward situation.

 

Who am I kidding? Of course he would try to strike a conversation with me, he’s freaking Koo Junhwe!

 

“Yeoreum-noona, do you like jjajangmyeon that much?” That was his first question, to which I only replied with a nod as I kept my stare onto the bowl and continued eating.

 

I was trying so hard not to look at him since he looked exceptionally good today with his casual outfit; a dark blue sweater paired with a denim-coloured pair of jeans.  He finally quiets down for a few seconds, before opening his mouth again to say something else.

 

“Oh! Yeoreum-noona, there’s a cockroach on your hair!” He exclaimed in an alarmed tone, making me look up from my food in panic.

 

“Really? Get it off for me, please!” I pleaded while moving my head side to side, hoping that the cockroach will fall down by itself.

 

I was dumbfounded when he suddenly laughed. I looked up at him, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion; why the hell is he laughing? Did I just crack a joke?

 

I waited until he stops laughing to ask him what was so funny, but my question was left hanging in the air as he suddenly pulled out a tissue from the tissue box on the table and wiped my lips with it. My eyes widened in shock at what just happened. My mind was basically sending a warning message to my nervous system; making my heart palpitate faster and my palm excretes more sweat than usual.

 

There was silence in the air as he stopped wiping my lips and stared at my face for the longest seconds before he cracked a smile at me. Dear Lord, can he just say something? I can’t let out any coherent sentences at this crucial moment where my mind is jumbled up by this situation!

 

I stared back at him as he parted his y lips to say something. Thank God, he opened his mouth to say something!

 

However, what he said next didn’t make the situation any better.

 

He actually made it worse!

 

“You’re really cute, Yeoreum-noona.”

 

****************************

 

    Truth be told, I still can’t get over what happened at the restaurant and now I had to drive him home?! What kind of sorcery is this? Oh yeah, a sorcery under the name of ‘Jung Chanwoo’.

 

I still can’t believe he left me alone with Junhwe to be with his girlfriend!

 

“Where do you live?” I asked as we were still wearing our respective seatbelts. Call me lame, but it’s important to take safety precautions you know. I don’t want to die young. Ah , I can smell his cologne (again) since he was sitting in the passenger seat. I need to calm down.

 

It's actually hard to calm down when the scene where he wiped the black bean sauce off from my lips and the way he stared at me just then were still playing in my mind like a broken record. How did I even laugh off the situation after he called me cute, I will never know. Sometimes, my actions even shocked myself.

 

After he told me his address, I the engine before changing the gear and stepping on the pedal, driving away from the restaurant. Luckily, his house is not that far from the restaurant so I was hoping that the awkward situation will end soon.

 

Before I knew it, the awkward tension between the air around us started to break down when we sang along to a song by Crush titled ‘Sometimes’.

 

I actually opened my personal playlist since I was a nerve wreck and the songs on the playlist always had the power to calm me down in any type of situation. Not to mention the playlist was filled with RnB type of songs; my favorite genre.

 

The next song to play on the list was Zion.T’s ‘Eat’, and we began to sing along to it in unison like nobody’s business. Hey, it actually feels good to sing with someone who likes the same music as you do. My friends found my taste in music a bit boring (except Jiwon who actually likes some of the songs I put in my playlist), heck, even my ex-boyfriends find me boring because of my choice in music.

 

They just don’t know how to appreciate good music, that’s what.

 

When the next song titled ‘Love’ by Primary ft. Bumkey and Paloalto played, I heard Junhwe humming along to the intro music.

 

“Hey, you know this song too?” I asked, slightly amazed and a bit excited.

 

Most people don’t really know this song since it wasn’t popular like the other two songs we sang before. The moment I asked that question, Junhwe turned to look at me with a wide smile.

 

I could see how his eyes twinkled in joy, his whole expression brightened. Hey… don’t tell me he likes this song too?

 

“This is my favorite song, Yeoreum-noona! I’ve been addicted to this song, but sadly no one knows this song,” He replied sadly, slightly pouting. Oh my, God, he’s so cute, can I pinch his cheeks right now?

 

I smiled at how similar our taste in music is since it’s so rare to find someone with the same taste in music as me. “It’s okay Junhwe, you can sing this song with me!” I said excitedly, as I began singing the chorus with him joining me a second after.

 

The song played in the background as I realized that I accidentally took the longer route to his house.

 

Or maybe, it wasn’t accidental at all.

 


*Glossary:

1.Jjajangmyeon - Black Bean Sauce Noodles

2. Jjampong -Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup

 

A/N: I personally love writing this chapter because I have always wanted to find a guy who has the same music taste as I am and my ideal type of date is singing along to songs inside the car LOL you can tell I'm a boring person hahaha anyway, enjoy the chapter! The next chapter will be in third person POV by the way. ^^

Oh, and one more thing, it's better if you open the link I've included in 'Love' by Primary ft. Bumkey and Paloalto while reading this chapter because I actually wrote the chapter while listening to the song! It's such a good song!

Expected update: 7/3/2016