Defeated Side of Young Hyun

Love Trick

Young Hyun’s POV

I sat on the bed with my back on the headboard of the bed, hugging the pillow with my face facing it. After listening to the doctor’s words just now, I only kept quiet and thinking about what should I do for now. I really wanted to cry but the tears would not come out. I guess I had run out of tears. It felt like I was ready to give up on walking again. After all the hard works that I had done, it came down to one thing, I am not able to walk anymore.

Words kept repeated in my head.

 “You’re not able to walk anymore”

“It’s time to give up, Young Hyun”

I pulled the pillow closer to my face. I screamed at the pillow so hard so that the frustration would go away. After screaming for the third time, I breathed heavily as I was so tired with all the energy that I let out. Suddenly, I felt that someone was sitting on my bed and a warm hand touching my hands trying to pull me away from the pillow.

The warm hands that could melt my anger away on that time and I knew he was there for me.

Onew’s POV

As I was entering her ward, I could see her screaming at the pillow. I wanted to go to her but I decided to let her scream with all her might. Before this, I could see that she kept suppressing her feelings, not telling me whether she is ok or otherwise. Hana also told me that she did not talk much nowadays in the house. I felt so sorry for not being there for her.

After a while, she stopped screaming but she kept her face to the pillow. This time I decided to go near her. I walked straight to her. I could hear her breathing heavily as I went nearer to her. I sat on her bed and held her cold hands. I slowly pulled her hand to let go of the pillow, wanting to see her face.

She slowly put down the pillow and slowly our eyes met. I could see her eyes not show any sign of her crying. I could feel that her hands were trembling as she put down the pillow. I held her hands tighter knowing that she might be need it. She looked defeated and her face showing that she wanted to give up on everything.

“Oppa..”,  she called me as she slowly turned her head down.

I went closer and gave her a hug. I patted her back slowly and I could feel her body leaned onto me as she hugged me tighter.

“It’s okay Young Hyun, it’s not your fault. You can cry as loud as you want to. I’m here for you”, I said to her.

“I can’t cry anymore. I guess I have run out of tears”, she said with her slow voice.

“If you can’t cry, then scream at me. Let your angers out at me. Don’t think that I’m going to leave you just because you’re like this. Do whatever you want to me. I’ll be standing by your side no matter what happen”, I replied her.

“I’m not going to hit you oppa. You have always been there for me. I’m going to give up now. I’m tired of fighting again. I’m sorry because I can’t be a better person for you”, she said as she slowly let go of the hug.

I let go of her and looked her in the eyes.

“I understand. Let’s not fight anymore then. Let’s settle down with what you want. You should rest now. You must be exhausted with what you have gone through today. Tomorrow we’ll leave here and have fun at your house, okay. Let’s just live a normal life”, I said while holding her shoulders.

She nodded in defeated and lied down on the bed.

“Thank you oppa”, she said with her tired voice and closed her eyes.

I sat on the chair looking at her face as she went asleep. For that moment, I realized that this was the night that Young Hyun showed the defeated side of her and I looked forward to see more side from her.