SHINee's Performance Day

Stay At My House

 

"Okay, kids, this will be the first time SHINee will be participating in Performance Day!" Miss Lee announced.

"About time," Joon remarked. "I wanna know what these punks sound like," he smiled at them.

We encouraged them as they made their way in front of the class, clapping.

Onew stood in his usual leader stance with his hands together.  "This was the song we were going to debut with before we uh… yeah," he sounded disappointed at the end. Everyone knew SHINee's situation in our class, so there was no need for him to repeat it. "It's title is 'Noona Neomu Yeppeo'."

Everyone listened intently.

(Listen ^^)


"Noona neomu yeppeo~

(geu geunyeoreul boneun naneun) Michyeo~

(ha hajiman ijaen jichyeo)

Replay Replay Replay~

Chueogi nae mameul halgwieo~

(a apaseo ijaen mameul) Gochyeo~

(da dagaol ibyeorae nan)

Replay Replay Replay~"


I smiled at the lyrics. What a cute song, I thought. How great it would have been if SM hadn't dropped them…

I watched their expressions. You could see how they felt the song, like they really did have nunas to be singing this to. I realised that this was the first time I heard their voices properly. Occasionally, I'd hear them hum a tune, but it was never enough for me to enjoy.

Onew's voice was warm but powerful and it seemed like he connected with the song most. Jonghyun's was strong, loud and obviously lead; you could pick out his voice in any part sung as a group. Key's voice was so unique, he was amazing with falsetto, yet kept the boldness in the sound. Minho's voice wasn't so recognisable to me in the chorus, but his rapping skills were captivating. Taemin's voice is so cute, man-- it matched his face; soft and young.

The song ended with Minho making short breath sounds in the uh… rapper way. Everyone cheered for them as they bowed and went back to their seats. 

"Well…!" Miss Lee sighed, showing her obvious surprise. "I was quite happy with that performance," she nodded at SHINee with a big grin.

"Lee Seonsaengnim, that isn't fair! We showed you our new original song and you weren't this happy…" Mir pouted.

"'Mona Lisa' was a very good song, Mir. But do remember my thoughts on your first Performance Day song," she reminded, looking at Mir with pointed eyes, but sending all of us (besides SHINee) back to the memory.
 

-Flashback-
 

"Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah,

Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah"

I was watching Miss Lee as she analysed the lyrics of this song. Her stare only seemed to read 'Wtf?' as they continued.

"Like it like dat," I heard Cheondung say in his rap. I burst into laughter at the way he made his voice sound.

Then came that part. Joon had warned me about this part of his before class, so I was waiting for it. I couldn't help but imagine the reactions of the class. I laughed to myself, covering my mouth in case I laughed too loud.

Here it comes, I told myself. Joon stood in front of the rest of MBLAQ, facing the class. He began his body wave and his hand found the bottom of his shirt, starting to pull it up. Girls behind me were already squealing, and I was just there trying to hold my laughs in as I intently watched Miss Lee. She didn't notice until Joon pulled his shirt up a quarter up his chest and you could see the bottom third of his abs.

"AGH! JOON! PROTECT THE EYES OF THE INNOCENT!" Our poor thirty-two-year-old teacher cried, waving her hands in front of her and shutting her eyes tightly. Joon pouted and stopped lifting his shirt, much to the disappointment of the A+ fanclub members behind me. 

"MY HONEY ABS HAVE NO PURPOSE IN THIS WORLD!" He wailed over everyone else in MBLAQ 'Oh Yeah'-ing.

Thirty-eight "Oh Yeah"s or so later, the song ended. The teacher's confused look remained on her face, even when MBLAQ sat down. Knowing Miss Lee and her vision of music, she was probably thinking, Was that even a song?

"She looks disgusted…" Seungho muttered to Mir.
 

-Flashback end-
 

"Yeah Miss, you weren't that happy that time either…" Mir slumped. The whole class laughed.


"So, what did you think?" Key said at the end of the day, smiling smugly at me.

"It was horrible, Key."

His face dropped automatically and he grabbed onto my upper arm and swinging it around. "YAH! You have no sense in music whatsoever! Die die die die die die die--"

"I was joking, chill," I laughed, taking his arm off of me. "I really like it. You should record it, even on some crappy computer if you have to, because I want it on my phone." I grinned.

"No," he folded his arms. "One day we'll release it professionally as a digital single, then you can have it. No, in fact we'll release it as a CD single, then we'll give you a signed album." He nodded.

I poked my tongue at him. "For making me wait that long, mehrong~"

"One day, we'll sign with an entertainment company again, and we will debut as the Shining Boys of SHINee!" He proclaimed determinedly fist pumping the air. "I'm sure of it! I promise!"

I loved seeing this side of Key. It was so promising.

"Alright, Almighty Key. For now, you're still Key - Kim Kibum. So we're buying groceries and you get to cook like the eomma you are!" I giggled, taking his arm and dragging him out of the school.

"Ooh~! Okay. What do you think we should have? I feel like Western. Cheeseburgers? Salad? What about steak and corn and peas with mashed potatoes? Mm, that sounds good. Let's do that. Now what kind of steak should I buy…" 

He chattered away about his dinner plans. Ah, Key. What would I do if I didn't have an eomma like you? 


LOL just another one-of-those chapters x3

I'll be going on a 10 - 11 day hiatus-- holidays ^^ But I'll write as many chapters as I can and update often when I get back :D

I WILL MISS YOU GUYS ON AFF. ~

Please comment and subscribe <3 ^^