Chapter 28

Stay At My House

Hye Sun POV

I watched him walk out of the door, trying not to feel anything for the boy I used to like. Things would be awkward here in the house...

... but I had Cheondung. At least I was sure that he loved me. Perhaps I don't love him right now, but I'm sure I will soon. What's not to love about Cheondung?

And anyway... there would be no use in still liking Jonghyun. He probably had Jae Mi.

"Well... that was strange..." Cheondung rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sorry I did that, I didn't know what else to sa--"

"It's fine, Cheondung," I smiled up at him. "He needed to know sooner or later."

Jonghyun POV

"WHAT?!"

The SHINee members' jaws dropped while they stared at me in disbelief, eyes almost popping out of their skulls. Key looked the most shocked.

"Heh heh... yeah..." I tried to laugh off how shocked I was also.

"Hyung..." Taemin reached out his hand to my shoulder. "Aren't you, like, gonna burst out crying?"

And as soon as he ended his sentence, I did exactly what he said. Minho smacked the back of the maknae's head before coming to comfort me. He patted my back strongly. I could feel the tears streaming down my face, as unmanly as it sounds. I really was crushed. It was my fault, though. I underestimated Cheondung, thinking he didn't have any balls to actually do anything.

"Alright, Jonghyun-ah, let's just practice. I'm sure dancing will get it out... just have some comfort food first," Onew grinned at me. He passed me a piece of chicken and I took a big bite. I felt like the harder I bit, it was the equivalent to how hard I punching Cheondung in the face in my own world.

Hye Sun POV

"So..." he murmured before letting out a low chuckle. Cheondung had just hung up my coat for me and walked back to me where I was standing at the door. "You wanted to get ready first, right? I'll pick you up at 3. Be careful."

I nodded obediently and looked down happily. It felt different getting these kind of reminders from him when he was actually my boyfriend. And before I knew it, Cheondung leant down and pecked me on the cheek before he was out the door. I swiftly lifted my hand to my face, to the spot where his lips touched. Of course, Cheondung's lips had touched somewhere more... important... before,  but like in the earlier situation, he was my boyfriend now, and things were different.

This afternoon, Cheondung made immediate plans. We'd be chilling for a bit around the Han River, then soon have a dinner at a restaurant which overlooked it. Nothing new to me, except that Cheondung was my boyfriend. Goodness, how many times am I going to repeat that to myself? I know he's my boyfriend. Maybe I'm just excited...

Knock knock.

My head flicked to the door and I hurried to open it without even looking who was behind it.

"Oppa, you're back."

"Mm," Jaejoong grunted.

I giggled at his dead-like appearance. "What happened to you?"

"I lost. Again." Jaejoong  moved past me and dropped his suitcase by the stairs. "I don't know why SM even wants to have all this court if they beat me every time."

"Oppa, they want challenge. You are a challenge. If you give up, you lose, like lose lose. Keep fighting!"

"Be in my shoes, Hye Sun. I'm doing this for your little friends..."

"No Oppa, you're doing it for yourself too," I winked at him. I was hoping that I was lightening up the mood, but apparently I failed. Jaejoong looked up at me with a sullen expression, his eyes sending me a killer glare.

"Why are you even happy today? Normally you're trudging around the house and sulking," he joked.

"I kinda got a boyfriend today," I bit my bottom lip. Jaejoong's eyes widened and his whole posture straightened.

"Who?! Do I know him?! Is he a gangster? Criminal record?"

"Relax, jeez. Since when did you even care about my love life, seriously? It's just Cheondung." I said, watching him as he relaxed.

"What? Cheondung? I thought it would be that Jonghyun guy."

My eyes narrowed at the sound of his name and the context that Jaejoong put it in. I didn't need Jonghyun.

"Mm," I nodded briefly.

"Anyway, congrats. I'm going to sleep," Jaejoong ruffled my hair and dashed up the stairs. I rolled my eyes at him when his back was facing me.

"Five hours till he picks me up.." I blew my cheeks out as I sat down on the soft couch and picked up the television remote.

My eyes began to droop as I flicked through the many channels, already passing about twenty. I couldn't find anything that I liked in the late hours of the morning. More... more... more channels... hey, it's Joon on TV... more chann-- JOON?! I the 'previous channel' button before it returned to Joon's face. It was a picture of him on a celebrity news program.

"Rain's new boy group has been announced to debut earlier than planned, and one of the members has just been revealed. This is Lee Changseon, who will go by the stage name of Lee Joon. He has been rumoured to have an exceptional voice and is incredibly talented in many forms of dancing. Leaked pre-debut photos have also revealed Lee Joon's toned body and natural good looks.

Just in, the band's name has been revealed to be-- MBLAQ. It stands for Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality, and is said to describe the boys' musical talent.

More to come on Channel 5 Star News."

My jaw was hanging, and it had been that way for the past 2 minutes of that report.

MBLAQ was debuting early?!


WAHHHH ~~ LOL