allkpop nr.5

Sugar Babes (New YG girl-group) APPLY OPEN !

 


Internet

YG ent. reveals second member of Sugar Babes !

by SunnyShidae - December 28, 2011

2764 views  1342 comments

 

    

YG ent. finally revealed new member of Sugar Babes ! Her name is Kwon Shin Ae and this girl is Main Dancer and Sub Vocalist  of the girl group !

She was revealed to have fantastic dancing skills , which suited Sugar Babes completely.  Shin Ae was previously JYP trainee . She is known to be best friends with 2pm's Wooyoung, as people uncovered photos which was made by them together.

And what delighted fans even more, is that Kwon Shin Ae also has an idol relative ! It's not her sibling, but cousin and he's non other than her labelmate G-Dragon ! They are very close , just like real siblings, as they grew up together. 

Stay tuned to allkpop for more information about Sugar Babes !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to...

L o v e 4 l i f e !

I chose her the first, because her application really stood out. I absolutely love her character, her personality. Thank you very much , I enjoyed reading your application ^^

-----------------------------------------

 

 

 

Name: Kwon 'Alex' Shin Ae

Nicknames: Shin, Shina

DOB: 02/22/1993

Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea

Hometown: Seoul, South Korea

Ethnicity: 1/2 Korean, 1/4 Japanese, 1/4 French 

Language(s) spoken: Korean - Fluent, Japanese - Fluent, English - Fluent, French - Basic

Height: 164cms

Weight: 47kgs

 

Style: 

 

Shin Ae is a very stylish and modern girl. She care's A LOT about how she looks, from the time she wakes up to the time she's asleep. Shin Ae is also up to date on what's hot and what's not. She likes to wear short, skinny jeans, and skirts. She usually sticks to shorts and skinny jeans though. She doesn't like to wear really bright colors, but once and a while you can find her sporting a bright yellow or neon colors. She also loves patterns and texture in clothing. She likes to wear fitted shirts, nothing baggy unless it's in style. She loves to wear her big nerdy glasses. She finds them cute and fashionable. Love wearing headbands and hats too. She has a HUGE collection of glasses, headbands and hats. She likes to stick to flats, flip-flops, sneakers, sandals etc. Not a big fan of high-heels. (She think they just get in the way if there is to be an urgent situation.) She doesn't like to show to much skin, though she really likes to show off her legs. However she knows when she's to 'showy'.

 


 

Personality:

She is a very outgoing and playful person. She loves to meet new people. She can start a conversation anywhere at anytime as long as she finds that person interesting. She will sometimes act like your best friend even though you guys just met. She just really likes to make friends. Annoying she maybe at first, but if you take the time to get to know her like she gets to know you, then best friends it will be. She loves it when others smile because of her. It makes her happy to see others happy because of her. She like's telling jokes and playing pranks.

 

She talks a lot. Though she knows how to please others with her words. However sometimes it just gets way to annoying, if you just tell her nicely to be quite then she'll shut . If you tell her harshly then she'll talk even more and louder. She doesn't like to be bossed around. If you tell her nicely she's do it, don't then get the complete opposite of what you asked. She's a very stubborn girl. Doesn't like to listen to others. She has a short-temper and will get mad easily. She isn't easy to cheer up. She'll stay mad for as long as she wishes. When she does, she likes to be by herself, alone. It's best to stay away from her unless you want to get yelled at with hurtful words that she most likely doesn't mean. Sometimes she'll hold on to an argument/grudge for a long long time. She'll ignore you, and will act like you aren't even there. Do something amazing that blows her mind then maybe she'll forgive you.

 

She doesn't like to talk about her feelings. Never even if she's feeling confused. She keeps them to herself. She also doesn't like it when others see her cry. She will hide her tears and cry secretly when everyone else is asleep or she'll find a secret place to cry. She will act like nothing is wrong and will continue to be her playful self. Though the sad thing is that others will believe her. She doesn't want others to worry about her, but deep inside she wants to feel that feeling of being comforted. She hates when others cry too. She'll get mad for no reason.

 

She is tends to get jealous of others and she is very competitive. She wants usually what others get that she doesn't. Though she doesn't show her jealousy. Her competitiveness is crazy. She hate's being seen as a weak person that can't do anything. If someone is to say that she can't do something she'll challenge them to a match (even if she can't do it). She hates losing even though she tells others that it doesn't matter who wins. She is sometimes way to cocky of herself. Well most of the time. She seems to surprise herself with these matches. Finding out new talents she has. If she loses she'll get mad at herself. She isn't all that great when she loses. Her sportsmanship is bad. She will never admit she lost and will walk away like it never happened

 

 

Trivia: 

 

-Her blood type is O

-She's afraid clowns

-She does wear glasses, but it is only necessary when she reads

-She talks in her sleep

-Her favorite drink is boba tea

-She used to have a pet dog named bunny, but she died of old age

 

 

Background:

Shin Ae was born in Washington DC, but moved to South Korea, for her parent’s work, when she turned 4. She shared her childhood with her cousin Ji Yong. Though he was older than her he cared for her just like a brother and they developed a close bond. Shin Ae had all the right influence and grew up well until she reached her last year of elementary. Her interest in music grew and her dream changed from being a doctor, like her mother, to a singer/dancer. She watched her cousin practice over and over and she wanted to do the same. Both her parents disapproved of her dream, for they believed that becoming a singer would be beneficial enough for her future. Over her middle school years her grades started to drop due to her participating in the dance club at school which was also a secret from her parents. She was banded from doing any of that, taking away her CD's, Ipods anything she could use to get music, and if she didn't raise her grades they would send her back to America. Ae Chan had no choice, but to give up all her stuff. This didn't stop her though, she became more determined. She knew the only way she could practice was with her cousin Ji Yong. And he helped her. He knew she had what it took. 

 

Family:

Mother - Heo Eun Ae

Age: 44 | Alive

She is half Korean and half Japanese. Her mother and her where mostly on good terms, though they never talked much due to her mom's work. She was always proud of her only child, but never took the time to show it because she thinks Shin Ae already knows. She works as a doctor.

 

Father - Kwon Cho Ho

Age: 47 | Alive

He is half Korean and half French. He is very strict and protective os Shin Ae. They usually got along, but as soon as she tried to control her life they would argue. He only wants the best for his little girl, but it comes off wrong. He is a business man.

 

Aunt - Kwon Eun Sun

Age: 35 | Alive

She is a very kind person. Just like Shin Ae she is very outgoing and loves to have fun. She is very supportive of Shin Ae's dream of becoming a star.

 

Cousin - Kwon Ji Yong (G-Dragon)

Age: 23 | Alive

He is very close to Shin Ae. He watches over Shin Ae like an older brother and get's protective of her at times. They both grew up together.

 

 

Best friends 

Sulli | F(x) - Shin Ae and Sulli met during middle school. Shin Ae was a new 6th grader and Sulli was in charge of showing her around. After the tour ended Sulli and Shin Ae became friends due to how much they have in common. They both love to go shopping together and love to pull pranks.

 

Wooyoung | 2pm - They met when Shin Ae was a trainee under JYP. They had a close brother-sister relationship and after Shin Ae was dropped Woohyun still kept in contact.

 

Friends 

Taemin | SHINee - They met when Shin Ae sneaked into a dance room. She wanted to practice her dancing and she couldn't let her parents know. She met Taemin and admired his dance. She soon befriended him and asked for dance tips. They have a brother-sister type relationship.

 

Dara | 2ne1 - They met when Shin Ae went with Ji Yong to practice. Shin Ae didn't want to stay at home alone and she didn't want to study so Ji Yong took her along. Dara found her cute and they became friends instantly. 

 

 

Rival: Min | Miss A - Shin Ae never liked Min and Min never liked Shin Ae. Since the day they met, Min feels that Shin Ae comes off as a threat and never treated her nice. Shin Ae in turn started tot hate her. Since then they've been competing in everything.

 

 

Idol Life:

 

Stage Name: Alex

Persona: Bubbly Beauty

Training Company: JYP

Duration of training: 3 years

 

Trainee History: After Shin Ae got dropped her hopes dropped. She thought she had a future with JYP. Shin Ae heard from Ji Yong that he made an arrangement with YG's president, Yang Hyun Shik, for her to audition for a new girl group. After the audition she was quickly accepted. 

 

Trainee experience : Back up dancer for 2pm, MV with 2am, MCed twice

 

Position: 

Main Dancer | Sub Vocalist

 

 

Personal Fan Club Name: Alextrics

Personal Fan Club Color: Dark Blue