allkpop nr.6

Sugar Babes (New YG girl-group) APPLY OPEN !

 

Internet

YG ent. reveals main rapper of Sugar Babes !

by SunnyShidae - December 28, 2011

2764 views  1342 comments

 

    

Another update about new YG's girl group ! And this time YG revealed another member , who is main rapper of the group ! The name of this gorgeous rapper is Bang Zi Rin. 
Despite of her young age ( Zi Rin is only 17 years old ) , she has fantastic rapping skills. She was a JYP trainee before, but then changed her company to YG ent. 
Zi Rin was also revealed to be childhood friends with BEAST's Son Dongwoon. They were friends, when they both lived in Philippines. Now that they met again, fans are expecting to see some interactions between them !
Stay tuned to allkpop for more information !
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Congratulations to...
 
i L o v e B L E A S T !!
 
I loved your application very much :) And also I love how chosen ulzzangs fits the Main Rapper and Persona role. So, kamsahamnida ^^
 
------------------------------------------

Name: Bang Zi Rin

Nicknames: None

DOB: 17 years old 

Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea

Hometown: Philippines, Pasay City.

Ethnicity: Full Korean

Language(s) spoken: Korean- Fluent; Filipino- Fluent; French- Basic; Mandarin- Basic

Height: 168cm

Weight: 53kg

 

Style:

Bang Zi Rin breathes fashion. It started when she saw Lee Hyori on stage with her Chitty Chitty Bang Bang costume and this made Zi Rin very excited about fashion. She started to wear more colourful things and started to mix and match things up. Zi Rin is never picky with clothes as long as they look good and they are comfortable. She prefers sneakers over heels. She loves Vans, Converse and Nike. However, she too can wear heels but the comfortable ones. She gets fashion suggestions from G-Dragon, who in fact in the main reason why Zi Rin turned into the most fashionable member in the group apart from their leader.

 

 

Personality:

Bang Zi Rin is the most talkative person you’ll ever meet. She doesn’t like being quiet or staying still. She will either make you laugh, annoy you or simply make you cry. She is very rough, skinship type of girl. She was brought up in a society wherein people judges you every single second, which means she won’t care what you say about her as long as she’s happy and her loved ones are happy she won’t care. Zi Rin is the happy go lucky type of girl. She might suddenly burst out laughing from a joke that was told yesterday.

 

But don’t think that Zi Rin’s crazy because she’s not.  She’s one smart lady. She graduated middle school in the Philippines in a school in Sta. Rosa. She was always on top, getting the highest marks, reciting, answering the teacher’s questions. It’s also amazing how she balanced studies with a game of World of Warcraft. She loves WoW, I bet the only girl who reached level 89 in seven straight hours.

 

Zi Rin doesn’t know how to seduce people. When her group mates dared her to, she made a complete fool out of herself. However, there’s this special characteristic that guys love about her. It’s her caring and understanding personality. She doesn’t get jealous easily and above all she forgives with a snap of a finger. She doesn’t hold grudges, since her parents taught her never to.

 

Zi Rin is the type of person that you want to hang out with, the only person you don’t want to let go. However, there’s also a negative side to Zi Rin. She gets mad like G-Dragon. She’s very careful with her things and if somebody steal, breaks or borrows her stuff without permission then hell will break loose. She will give you the ice shoulder. Zi Rin is very difficult to piss off but when you do, you should run.

 

Trivia: 

-When there are no schedules due, she spends all her time playing online games.

-Was crowned as DotA queen in the Philippines for 5 straight months.

-She can also sing apart from rapping.

-She loves Domo, Hamtaro and Pororo.

-Is a fan of Beast because of her old pal DongWoon.

-Loves going to Boracay for some time off.

-Does yoga 

-Doesn't like spending a lot on money apart from E-cards and clothes.

 

Background :

Bang Zi Rin was born in Seoul, South Korea and is the only child. When Zi Rin turned two, her father got relocated to the Philippines where she grew up. She studied in a school which was located in Sta. Rosa in Pasay City, Philippines and finished middle school there. Zi Rin’s parents’ are not rich. However, they were money smart.

 

During her stay she met another Korean guy, which was rare at that time, and became close friends with him. His name was Son DongWoon. Dongwoon and Zi Rin loved singing and jamming together and at the same time they both love playing Starcraft and World of Warcraft. They grew up together until DongWoon moved back to Korea and debuted as the magnae of the very popular boy group BEAST under Cube Entertainment. This inspired Zi Rin to pursue her music career and started practicing. 

 

Her father was then relocated back to Korea wherein she continued her studies and at the same time, she tried to audition for SM Entertainment but was not accepted due to her lack of style. She almost gave up but because she wanted to meet up again with DongWoon she tried for YG Entertainment and was accepted. She grew closer to TOP and considered him not only as her mentor but also as her big brother. TOP shaped Zi Rin to what she is now. She is and will always be grateful towards TOP. What’s bothering Zi Rin is that why doesn’t DongWoon return her calls, e-mails, letters?

 

 

Family: Father | Bang Gun Yoo | 48 years old | Marketing director of Korean Airlines | Alive and working and loves his family so much

Mother | Bang Na Na | 42 years old | House wife, painter | Alive and takes care of the house and the cat MingMing

Best friends 

Big Bang's TOP - They met at the YG entrance hall wherein Zi Rin just got her acceptance letter to the company. TOP, still new, was not that famous yet approached Zi Rin and congratulated her. They ate out together as a sign of respect from TOP's point of view. After that, they started to hang out more and more and Zi Rin can only be found in Big Bang's practice rooms. Zi Rin, not having any siblings, felt that TOP was her own brother. He taught her how to rap, how to dress, how to act, how to handle things, how to clean up things, basically he taught her everything he new. TOP calls Zi Rin "Jedai" while she calls him "Master".

Beast's Son DongWoon - They met way back when Zi Rin still lived in the Philippines, however after their separation the lost all mode of communication which somehow broke Zi rin's heart. 

Friends 

Sugar Babes - A family lovely relationship.

Zi Rin doesn't really have much friends because she spends most of her time on the laptop, or at BigBang's dorm, sleeping, watching or rough playing with SeungRi.

 

Rival: (max.2 | choose a girl | reason why are you rivals)

 - 4Minute's Kim Hyun-A, rumors has it that Hyun-A and DongWoon has a special relationship and Zi Rin heard the Hyun-A doesn't like DongWoon talking to other girls, also, HyunA raps for 4Minute while Zi Rin raps for Sugar Babes.

Idol Life:

 

Stage Name: Bang Zi Rin

Persona: Gunshot Rapper

Training Company: Zi rin was a trainee in JYP entertainment but was kicked out afterwards.

Duration of training: 2 years

 

Trainee History: Zi Rin was kicked out of JYP for multiple reasons that she didn't understand ,she tried out for SMENT but was not accepted. However, YG Family saw her unique and utmost potential and signed her in

 

Trainee experience : Extra for heartstrings drama, extra for City Hunter, collaborated with Woo Zico with one underground song.

 

Position: Main rapper | Fashionista of the group

 

Personal Fan Club Name: Silver Bullets

Personal Fan Club Color: Silver