Chapter 5: A story I’ve heard often somewhere

(I) Fly High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tae, there’s some brownies left in the kitchen!” Taerin yelled before entering her room with Iseul.

“God, those brownies were delish” Iseul savoured the remaining taste before she threw herself on Taerin’s bed.

“Are you staying over today, or do you have to leave?” Taerin asked before joining Iseul.

“Have to leave” Iseul frowned “parents said they’ll call when they arrive, but pretty sure it’s gonna be late so no worries”.

“So, what do you wanna do?” Taerin asked.

Iseul hummed rolling around on the bed “I don’t know, let’s have a talk”

“Yeah like when did you start liking my brother?” Taerin teased.

“Rinnn” Iseul whined.

“Hey, I’m actually genuinely curious. Tell me”

.

.

.

.

“No”

“Okay”

.

.

.

.

“TAEHYU-”

“OKAY OKAY” Iseul covered Taerin’s mouth with her hand “Far out Rin”.

“So, you have to go from the literal beginning from when you started feeling it and when you confirmed and so on” Taerin grinned hugging her pillow.

“Okay, so, you know during your fourteenth birthday, and I was invited?”
“FOURTEENTH?!” Taerin screamed “god you were so young”

“Shush you! so, uh. Gosh this is so embarrassing. So, I went to get the drinks because you were too preoccupied with the food and then-”

“Is everything okay?”

Taerin and Iseul whipped their heads towards the door like deers caught in the headlights. Taehyung peeped through the door.

“Uh, yes?” Taerin answered.

“You sure? I thought I heard my name” Taehyung didn’t look so certain.

“Yes, yes I am very certain. Thank you for your concern, you can go eat the brownies now” Taerin walked towards the door and pushed her brother out.

She leaned on the door and faced Iseul. The two of them stared at each other and burst out laughing.

“Oh my gosh, that was so scary. I thought he heard and holy crap” Iseul grabbed her chest to calm herself down.

“Imagine if he did. That would like screw everything up. Even I was scared” Taerin continued laughing “okay, okay, continue on”

“Okay so…”

 

FLASHBACK
“Hey Seul, sorry but can you get the drinks?” fourteen year old Taerin asked as she carried the food over to the table set up in the living room.

Iseul walked in the kitchen and saw the plastic cups stacked up and ten bottles of soft drink untouched. Iseul being determined as she was, tried to carry all in one go.

“Hey, hey, hey, I’ll help you” Taehyung grabbed some of the bottles off the kitchen bench.

“Oh, thanks sunbaenim” Iseul said.

“So how’s school?” Taehyung asked while taking the cups off her as well.

“It’s alright” she replied.

“Have you thought of what high school you want to enter? Although you only are in first grade of middle school” Taehyung asked as the both of them walked towards the living room.

“Combined Performing Arts School” Iseul smiled just at the thought of it.

“You’ll make it. I’m certain of it” Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter