Prologue

⫸Troubled Ⅱ⫷ BROKEN

[Sakura's POV]

Miyawaki Sakura. 18. 3rd Year High School.

I'm somewhat known throughout school as some sort of genius. Constantly getting high grades, being sent to multiple national competitions, getting many offers from various different schools.. Intelligent, smart, wise.. Those are a few words I hear a lot.

I don't believe them though. 

For a fact.. I am very.. very stupid. 

Lee Gaeun. 24. A biology professor as well as the school nurse.

That person.. is my childhood friend.

At the beginning, when we first met, I was just an 8 year old child who admired my korean neighbor who spoke fluent japanese at the age of 14. For a foreigner studying in japan, she felt and sounded a lot more japanese than any of my friends and the ease of communication meant we got closer really quickly.

From friendship.. to sisterly admiration.. My feelings for her only escalated further from there.. and I'm sure she knows. She knows my feelings really well yet..

She always dismisses my feelings as some sort of  puppy love.. but is there such thing as puppy love that lasts for 10 years? I'm not a child anymore.. stop running behind the excuse of my feelings being some childhood crush that I can simply get over. Hell.. I wouldn't follow her to Korea if it was that simple.

Every single time, she avoids directly addressing my feelings.. At this rate, I'd be happy to get a rejection instead of this confusing game of yours. 

Today again, you act ever so casual.. acting as if I was the same child you met 10 years ago. 

I'm a senior. 

I'm not some kid you can trick into believing anything. 

"Sakuchan? What do you want to eat?" You say to me with that gentle voice, your eyes smiling with your lips. "You didn't tell me you were coming over so I have nothing. I'll just order what you like."

"Unnie.." I look at you with a serious expression and the slight change in your curved smile tells me that you know what I'm about to say. 

Lee Gaeun.. You know me so well.. So why don't you stop playing clueless?

"Can you just stop this?"

"Stop what, Sakuchan?"

"Unnie.. Until when will you play me like this?"

"What.. are you talking about?"

"That. That's exactly what I'm talking about."

So even when I speak so directly.. you'll stay play the clueless card..?

...

What a coward.

In the first place, it's because you keep running away that I can't even put these feelings to rest. 

I've prepared myself for the worst already. Whether I'm accepted or rejected.. it doesn't matter to me. Honestly, as long as my feelings can reach you somehow.. 

That's good enough for me. 

I can willingly accept letting go.. just.. look at me properly.. 

Even if it's just once.