I'm leaving.

Every Beat of My Heart

++++++

-3rd person-

Despite Yoomi's encounter with Taemin at her dressing room backstage the week before, Yoomi decided to meet with her boss along with her managers to ask for permission to stay in the U.S. as well as make an early advancement into the U.S. Market. As she clarified her reasons to her decision, Lee Soo Man agreed and introduced Yoomi to his friend in the U.S. via a phonecall. 

After passing her phonecall audition with Lee Soo Man's friend, they conitnued the meeting by working on the documents that she will be needing. Once the paperworks were done, she then asked to schedule her flight to the States, one week from today as she would like to have some time for herself. With the documents complete, Yoomi only has to wait for her plane ticket.

Now that she is given one week to pack and to do anything she has to do before her scheduled flight, Yoomi hesitantly called Onew to ask if she could spend some time with them during the week she has left in order to attempt to leave on a slightly better terms with them.

-----------------------

[At the Water Park]

"Yoomi? What's this all about?" Key asked as soon as they met Yoomi.

"Well, I just wanted to pay you guys back for everything that happened. I felt bad for what happened and realized that I have not thanked you all enough for everything that you guys did for me." Yoomi replied.

"Although I have to admit that we were disappointed at what happened but since its you, we forgive you." Key said.

"Yoomi, aren't you uncomfortable with this?" Taemin asked.

"A little. But this is why I asked you all to come here so we could spend some time together like we used to do so that at least we can take off the awkwardness around us." Yoomi replied enthusiastically.

"Before the mood spoils, let's just go in and get to the point of why we're here. Otherwise, le'ts just go to a coffee shop if we're just gonna talk about the past." Jonghyun said.

"He's right. Let's just push the past behind for a while and have fun today." Yoomi said, backing Jonghyun up.

"Alright, let's go." Onew said as he and Yoomi pushed the others inside to start the day.

All throughout the day, the oppas seemed to like how Yoomi was finally interacting with them like the old times. However, Taemin seemed to be uneasy about the way she was acting because out of the things that happened between him and Yoomi, Taemin wouldn't consider this as a normal behavior. He knew that something was up and she had a reason for acting in such way. Thinking that it's just him being suspicious, Taemin decided to let it go for a little while and just play along and just enjoy the moment. 

For the whole week, Yoomi had invited the SHINee boys out to spend some time together. Like Taemin, the boys one by one began to suspect her strange behavior but still went along. As each day passed, Yoomi also noticed that the boys are beginning to get suspicious of her actions and decided to confess everything on the morning of her flight.

*****************************************************

[Saturday morning at Lee Soo Man's office]

"Good morning sir. I'm going to pick up the plane ticket." Yoomi said.

"Neh. About that, have you thought it over your decision? It's still early to change your mind." Lee Soo Man asked.

"Neh. I've thought it over. I figured that if I go away for a while, maybe I could straighten things out and when I come back, hopefully I will come back as a better person and a musician as well." Yoomi explained.

"Very well then. Here is your ticket. Have a safe trip, good luck with your music and I hope you figure things out." Lee Soo Man replied.

"Thank you sir." Yoomi replied as she shook hands with her boss before leaving the office.

-Yoomi-

[A/N : Start playing Reason by 4Men]

After exiting his office, I thought that I should look around the agency once again to cherish all of the memories I had with everyone. For every spot that I remember, I decided to take a picture to remember all the good times. Looking at what I'm doing now, I feel like I'm running away from home and never coming back.

My emotions were starting to get to me as memories began flashing back to me for every picture that I took. This place is like my second home. Everyone...all the staff...the instructors.....the trainees.....the sunbaes.....everyone is like my second family.

As much as I feel like I want to back out and stay....I can't because everything that happened...still in a way, haunts me to this day. I decided to leave because I'm afraid that if I keep this facade any longer, I might end up in the hospital...and I don't have any intentions of going back.

So while I continued to look around and take pictures, I called in a cab to come and fetch me from the agency. While I was going through my final rounds around the agency, I ran into them and I will never forget the expressions they had written in their faces.

"W-what are you guys doing here?" I asked.

-3rd person- 

"W-what are you guys doing here?" Yoomi asked.

"Is it true? You're going to the States?" Taemin asked.

"Neh." Yoomi replied as she fully faced them.

"Wae? I thought we cleared everything out and that we've gone back to the old times?" Onew asked.

"Mianheyo. I noticed that you all were suspicious of my deeds this past week and now I have to confess why." Yoomi began. "The talks you hear about my leaving are all true. The reason why spent time with you all is because I want to leave on good terms with you all. I didn't want to leave without settling anything because it will only bother me."

"So that's why you asked us for this past week? So that you can leave us and disappear again?" Taemin asked, seemingly disappointed. "Wae? Why are you doing this?" 

"I'm doing this for my own good Taemin. I want to leave because everywhere I turn...I always see everything that we had. It hurts too much. If I keep going on like this, I might end up going back to the hospital and I don't want to go back there and have those people watching my every move." Yoomi said, tears forming in her eyes.

"If you would just choose to come back then things wouldn't have been like this."

"Taemin, if you just believed me things wouldn't have turned this way." Yoomi replied just in time her cab arrived.

"I'm sorry." Yoomi said moving over to the cab.

"No no. Andwe. Don't do this please." Taemin begged.

"I can't. I'm sorry." Yoomi replied as she getting onto the cab, who then starts to drive away into the street.

"Andwe. Andwe. Yoomi! Don't do this!" Taemin yelled as he began to run after the car.

As the car drives away and Yoomi watches Taemin from the rearview mirror as tears kept running down on her cheeks while repeating the words "I'm sorry." multiple times.

The boys on the other hand started running after Taemin and once he could no longer catch up to the cab, his hyungs held on to him as they tried to calm him down. Even though he stopped, Taemin could only yell out her name as tears were all running down their faces as they felt like what happened 2 years ago, was about to happen again.

---------------------------------

Author's note:

I've decided to put up a song to go along with this scene. I have to say that I had a little bit of difficulty matching the song with the scene. Its kinda hard to pull of this chase scene with this song because i kinda struggled with describing it. I hope that it still turned out well.

Please do comment.

Copyright 2011. SHINeeHeart92.
All rights reserved.