2 years later.....

Every Beat of My Heart

2 years has passed since the boys last saw Yoomi that day during their photoshoot. Each one of them tried their hardest to move on. Onew kept himself busy with musicals and music show hostings, Jonghyun participated in writing songs and producing their new tracks, Key opened his brand new self-titled store called KEY, Minho participated in game shows and Taemin went out with Sulli.

Yoomi on the other hand, kept her distance while still silently watching over the boys. Though she maintained to keep her schedule from  meeting with theirs, she was still able to keep herself updated of news about them, especially with Taemin. After finding out that Taemin did go out with Sulli, pictures of him showed that he only loved her half-heartedly.

Even though things may seem to have gone back to normal for the boys, however, things were not as well for Yoomi. Days after breaking up with Taemin, Yoomi slowly began to act strangely as she continuously went to two places only --- the SM Academy and her dance studio. To Jae, Seohyun, and Ae Mi's point of view, it was as if she was like a living corpse. She practiced day and night barely eating and barely taking a rest. It wasn't until she passed out one day that her friends asked her instructors to give her some time for a rest. 

As stubborn as she was, Yoomi only thought about dancing and training. Whenever her friends would ask her to stop, she would break down into endless tears.  Soon enough, it became part of her routine, going back and forth from the hospital as she was issued to therapy for her nervous breakdowns. 

As soon as her therapists noticed that her condition was beginning to stabilize, they decided to hand her over back to her friends. Realizing how much she worried her friends and everyone else around her, she decided to work hard again to repay them back. Yoomi continued to work hard until she finished her training and to work for her debut.

**********************************************************

"Ugh! Finally we're home!" Taemin said as soon as he and the others got inside the dorm.

"Jjong help me put these away." Key said when he entered the dorm with full bags of groceries in each hand.

"'Kay." Jonghyun replied as he took a couple of the bags and helped Key organize the groceries.

While the Key and Jonghyun were busy in the kitchen and Taemin and Onew were busy changing, Minho noticed a stack of albums and a note on the table.

"Did any of you guys buy any CDs recently?" Minho asked out.

"Aniya. Waeyo?" Key replied looking at Minho.

"There's 5 copies here and a note. The albums has a picture of Yoomi but the name says Bae Mi Yoon. Should I read the letter?" Minho replied.

"Yoomi? Open the letter and read what it says." Key said when Minho mentioned her name. "Taemin... Onew hyung....come over here! There's a letter from Yoomi!"

As soon as Yoomi's name was mentioned, Taemin rushed out from his room and went to the living room where everyone was. Days after their break up, Taemin would always go to the academy where the trainees are and ask her instructors about her. Unfortunately, he was unable to get any information about her.  Since then, Taemin never gave up and waited for the day to hear some news about her. Now that a letter has arrived from her, a flood of emotions was easily seen in his reaction.

"Read it hyung!" Taemin said impatiently.

"Alright." Minho responded as he took out the papers from the envelope and unfolded them.

"Dear everyone,

How have you all been? You must be busy with schedules, right? You all are probably thinking why you were not able to get in contact  with me since the last time we saw each other, right? I am also pretty sure that you must have a lot of questions about what I have been doing until now. Well, I am writing this letter to explain everything and share some good news.

First, I just want to apologize for everything that happened 2 years ago. I am sorry for keeping so much distance from you because I want to avoid causing problems that would ruin everything and also because I wanted to work hard for the training to keep myself busy.

Second, if you have noticed the albums I placed along with the letter, the name is not Yoomi but instead it is Bae Mi Yoon. The reason is because 'Yoomi' holds too much memories and therefore I wanted to start anew, hence the change in name. I hope that this does not affect our friendship in any way.

Third, the good news. After keeping myself busy with training and the dance studio, I was able to finish training, earlier than I had expected and was able to prepare for my debut early. Just a couple of months ago, I have finished recording my debut album, which of course you have now, and I am now living in my dorm. 

Fourth, I have written a special message for each of you in each of the copies in the special thanks to section. Also, each of the songs in the album were written by me. Each song is special because these songs tell the stories of the times I had spent with each of you.

Now that I am soon to become your new hoobae, I hope I can receive your support. I have cherished everything you have taught me and used them well during my preparations. I will work hard from now on to become as successful as you.I wish you all the best of luck in your activities. I hope to have a collaboration with you in the future.

Sincerely,

YOOMI

P.S.

Taemin, if you are reading this, I hope everything goes well with you and Sulli. You look a lot better with her than when you were with me. Thank you for everything." Minho said as he finished reading the letter.

"Looks like she changed a lot." Jonghyun commented as he looked at her album.

"Taem? Kwenchana?" Key asked, when he noticed the maknae crying.

"Mianhe." Taemin responded as he went into his room.

"Tae---" Minho said as he was about to go after Taemin but was held back by Key.

"Don't. Just give him some space for a while. He must be surprised after hearing this news about Yoomi." Key said.

------------

As soon as Taemin arrived in his room, Taemin could no longer hold back his emotions and let them all out. With his back on the door, all his emotions have been released as his legs could no longer hold him up. As tears fell continuously, Taemin remembered the album he was holding and took out the booklet, skipping to the page of the thanks to section to read Yoomi's message.

"Dear Taemin,

How have you been? You must be busy with your schedules right? Well, I just wanted to let you know that I am doing fine and that I have kept myself busy with the preparations for my debut. You all are still welcome to use to my studio anytime. 

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that even though I have not shown myself to you all yet, I have continued to watch over all of you and supported you all from afar. When I heard that you went out with Sulli again, I have to admit that I was hurt because you didn't believe me at the time. But I guess, things will have to happen. By the way, you and Sulli looked so much better together than when you were with me.

In case you were wondering how I'm doing, I'm doing just fine. I have officially decided to start new under Bae Mi Yoon's name. I am also currently going out with Jino. He's been really nice to me and he really took care of me. Maybe you could meet each other some day. 

Well, anyway...I don't know what else to say other than I have forgiven you...so.....I guess I'll just wish you, Sulli, and the oppas the best of luck in your activities. Hopefully one day we can meet each other again. Take care.

Sincerely,

Yoomi

P.S.

I never stopped loving you. Wherever I go, you're always on my mind. I just hope that one day, if time will let us, we can be together again. I love you and always will."

"Mianhe. Mianhe. Chongmal mianhe," were the only words that Taemin managed to say as tears began to fall down again.

********************************************************************

As time passed by and the day of Yoomi's debut stage arrived, Yoomi knew that once she steps onto the stage, her new life begins as her fans will know her by the name of Bae Mi Yoon.

On the way to the studio, Yoomi rehearsed her song in an attempt to decrease  her nervousness and anxiety. She knew that its too late to turn back and that the only way to get out was to move forward.

Upon Yoomi's arrival in her dressing room, she was greeted by 5 large congratulatory flowers, one from each of the SHINee members. She also noticed an envelope on one of them. Taking it out, Yoomi finds a set of copies from the photoshoot they had together. As she looked at each of the pictures, a flood of emotions came over her as she bursts into bittersweet tears.

After taking some time to calm herself down and pull herself together, Yoomi pushed aside her emotions and proceeded with her preparation for her stage.

______________________________________________

>>AUTHOR'S NOTE<<

Chapter 6 is up. I hope you all comment please.

Copyright 2011. SHINeeHeart92
All rights reserved.